Friday, September 19, 2014

La Malquerida #19: 9/18/14: The Honeymoon Commences What Happens?

Hola Amiguis! So the honeymoon has commenced so what happened? And what is happening at the Hacienda while the happy couple is away? What machinations are taking place there? Read here and find out. Here is an earworm. Aba Dabba Honeymoon

Shall we begin?

Cris and Este are about to go. Cris is happy that Uli is going to be alrght. Acacia is in charge of the Hacienda while Cris and Este are gone, sort of a trial by fire, and to rely on Rubio, oh, noes!

My eyes, my eyes! It's Manuel and Luisa and it looks like they are in the garage. Manuel's shirt is unbuttoned and it looks like Maybe so are the first two buttons of Luisa's dress, don't look Gringo! Rubio catches Luisa in time before she does somthing really foolish and tells her Rosa is looking for her and Este comes just in in time and tells Manuel he's gotta go! Rubio is tasked with putting the suitcases in the car.

Art and Rosa are in the kitchen when Luisa comes in and Rubio sees the way that Art is looking at Luisa. He isn't pleased. He loudly says he'll tell Rosa about Luis's kiss with Manuel and Rosa has a cow. Rubio is very happy to give Rosa the chisme.

Juan Carlos and Elena wish Este a great honeymoon. Ulie even comes to speak to Este and Este reminds him that Acacia will not be alone there. Cris is ready to get going.

Ale and German and he's comforting her. Ale says she's okay, really. She thanks him for taking care of her and German goes, Ale cries.

                                           Such a good guy. I want Ale to tell him so that he can protect her from Swine.

Perls and Swine are back home and he is putting lotion on Perls' feet. She says she'll take care of Memo.

Acacia thanks Uli for coming to the wedding. Uli and Acacia smoochie.

Este and Cris arrive at their honeymoon destination. They have booked the Honeymoon suite and then going to the beach. Chris thanks Este for this.

Acacia is having a moment and is crying, why?

Ale has come by to visit Acacia and asks why she is crying. We all want to know why too? Ale reminds Acacia she isn't alone here. Acacia says she's just a bit nervous and maybe these are tears of joy, sure, let's go with that! Ale tells Acacia that that guy she is so scared of showed up at the wedding! Acacia wants her to go to the police. The problem is that Norbie knows this guy.

Carmen and Uli and Art are home. Andres thanks her for coming to the wedding with him. He smoochies her and is happy with her.

Jules comes into the bedroom she shares with Norbie. She is going to pack her suitcase. Norbie wakes up and asks where she is going. I swear she says she is going to find a doctor. She is getting a divorce y punto. He grabs her, she tells him to let her go and to forget all about her.

Cris and Este and he carries her over the threshold of the honeymoon suite. He starts kissing Cris and can't stop thinking about that dance with Acacia. They smooch and Cris asks him if he is okay? Nah, not so much, he's tired, big Fail dude, it's your honeymoon. Cris says she is a bit tired too. Este begs Cris' pardon.

Art is telling Uli that Cris took lots of pics of his work for the wedding he can show to clients. Carmen is miles away. She is agonizning about Andres. She is clingy. She tells her sons that Andres ran into a woman he used to know at the wedding, and even though he says he cares about Carmen she isn't sure.

Acacia and Rubio go to the storehouse. Everything seems to be in oder. Seems there is a sale, for the stuff in it.

Manuel and German are having a chat. German wants to know what was up with Manuel's little broma at the wedding with Uli. Jules comes in and cries.

Ale goes to see the Padre. Ale tells the Padre if that guy finds her, he'll kill her. Padre reminds Ale what happened to her, was not her fault. The Padre still wants her to go to the cops and to tell German the whole truth. Ale is still worried about that, but the Padre tells Ale that this all really wasn't her fault and that true love forgives everything. And the Padre also says he won't tell.

Luisa has a chat with Acacia and tells her about Manuel kissing her. Acacia is happy for her. Luisa left out the part where Manuel was stinking drunk, but ya know.

Now we see Cris and Este in the honeymoon bed and there is some real smooching going on and will they do it! Este kisses Cris awake, both are so happy and their life will be Marvelous and I think there is contact. It is a honeymoon after all!

Ulie and Acacia have a chat. He wants to marry her one day. She says she wants to make sure they both have good career paths and no worries about that. She tells him she'll wait for him.

Art, Rosa and Luisa in the kitchen. Art gives Rosa something he found in the bathroom. It's Manuel's says Rosa, could that be the blackmail watch? Rosa says she will take care of it. Luisa gets Art a drink, he likes her and makes a good friend he says. Rubio tries to mark what he thinks is his territory by touching Luisa's cheek and she slaps his hand off, and Art kisses Luisa's cheek. Rubio isn't liking it.

More of Uli and Acacia and they are wandering into pie cart territory. They are looking forward to their future and they will respect each other.

Cris and Etse are enjoying the beach. What a beautiful woman he says and puts sun screen on her back. NO thoughts of Acacia.

Swine has that photo of Ale he is obsessing over, but Memo is there and is curious if this is new girl? No she escaped and stupid Swine swings tht pic around but too fast for Memo to see. Perls has overheard and takes care of Memo so he isn't trying to look at the picture.

Este and Cris are at a market at the beach and he buys her some trinkets. She is very happy.

Elena, Juan Carlos and Acacia are talking and they are very happy that Ulie and Acacia are getting married. Unbeknowest to them. Norbie is spying on them.

Este and Cris go to the water and he has either rented or bought a yacht, and Cris is so happy.


AVANCES:

There is a fire in the storehouse and Uli runs in!


Labels:


Comments:
Good Early Morning Y'all:

I stayed awake and here is the recap. Please enjoy : )
 

Uh-oh...Este is " tired" on his honeymoon ???? Uh-oh..not good.

Thanks, Mads. I hope that you are feeling better today.,
 

Thanks, Mads! It sounds like you are feeling better, and I’m so glad. You are so right that Uli and Acacia are wandering into pie cart territory making all these future plans. I am glad to hear a young couple in a tn speak about getting more advanced in their education and their careers before jumping into marriage. That Ulises sure is patient. He has even brought up taking advantage of her parents being away to get some nookie. But, I guess her grandparents are there, and that could be a deterrent.

Manuel, on the other hand, has no such qualms. Ah man, Luisa looked like she would have let things go all the way with him! Silly girl. For once I was happy with Rubio interrupting.

So Acacia thinks she’s crying because she feels alone at the hacienda with Cris and Este gone, and because of pent up emotion/joy from the wedding. Hmmm…well, I guess that’s a good excuse, but I think our girl still has some more self-reflection to do.

I’m glad Este pulled himself together during the honeymoon to finally perform, but that first attempt was an epic fail. He’s lucky the tired excuse was acceptable since they had not actually slept the night before.

Padre is starting to redeem himself a bit, by promising he’ll go with Ale to the police if/when she files charges against Danilo. I also like that he kept emphasizing that what happened wasn’t Ale’s fault, and doesn’t make her unworthy of German. The writers keep toying with us, with Memo getting a tiny peek at the photo of Ale, but not enough to identify her as the Association secretary.

 

A few clarifications:

-Dan was rubbing lotion on his knee, not Perla’s feet. He would never be so nice!

-The Benavente store-room is filled with cotton (algodón), for which they have found one large buyer. This is a HUGE sale, and Acacia is both excited and nervous that she’ll be in charge of this deal and will be meeting with the buyer. This is what Norberto overheard and was not happy about, and I’m pretty sure he’ll have everything to do with that fire.

-What Manuel and German were speaking about was Alejandra (German had left the wedding before Manuel started his foolishness). German told Manuel about Ale’s nightmare and the way she reacted. Manuel asked him if he doesn’t think it’s possible that she was raped/abused by someone. German clearly does think it’s possible, but says he doesn’t even want to think that’s possible. Not in a, I could never be with her, kind of way. But in a, it would break my heart if she had suffered something like that, and I might have to put a beatdown on the person who did it, kind of way. They get interrupted by Julie crying about Norbie before the conversation can go further.

-Arturo spoke to his family and to Luisa about starting his own catering/party planning biz. At the moment he’s just an employee at someone else’ company. He told Luisa about his plans, and said he’d like her to come on board with him in his business as his chef. Since this will take a few years, she will have graduated by then. She apologizes to being so rude to him, and they decide to be friends and shake on it. I loved the way he kissed her cheek before he left. Rubio, not so much. Ha!
 

Typo- "He hasn't even brought up taking advantage of her parents being away..."
 

Madelaine, even after being exhausted you stayed up late to give us this wry and wonderful recap.

From your tone, I sense you had fun doing this. "He loudly says he'll tell Rosa about Luis's kiss with Manuel and Rosa has a cow. Rubio is very happy to give Rosa the chisme" made me smile.

"They smooch and Cris asks him if he is okay? Nah, not so much, he's tired, big Fail dude, it's your honeymoon" and "More of Uli and Acacia and they are wandering into pie cart territory" were among my favorites. I am not familiar with the ear worm but look forward to hearing it when I am home.

I think Este and Cris will be fine. As long as Acacia is out of the picture. As we know that is not possible, I hope she does end up moving back to Juan Carlos and Elena's. Constant temptation is not what Este needs right now.

It seems Luisa gets a new admirer with each passing day! It wasn't enough Rubio had to see Luisa and Manuel in disarray, he now has to deal with another interloper, Art! Sucks to be you Rubio. But like you Vivi, for once, I was glad to see Gollum, err Rubio appearing to stop Luisa and Manuel from would have been a total disaster.

Now did I imagine this or did Luisa tell Acacia she and Manual were novios?

Arturo is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Personality, work ethic, kindness, caring. Oh, and adorable too. Luisa, how can you not see what is so obvious to us!

Oh my gosh, I almost started screaming when Danilo started waiving Ale's picture right under Memo's nose! It is really amazing she has not been discovered yet and I am so frightened for her. The priest is so right - she needs to confide in German and tell him the entire ugly truth. He will be devastated but I think once the shock clears, he will not abandon her.

Uli's family seem lovely yet I have a strong sense of foreboding. Uli is up against forces that are now just taking shape (Este/Acacia attraction), jealousy (Manuel), and perhaps most dangerous of all, he is impeding the future financial fitness of Norberto. The fire looks very bad.

I have a sinking feeling about Carmen. I sense Andres will go back with Jules if the opportunity arises, especially if he finds out German is his son. And Art? I sense the obsequious Rubio will morph into a very deadly and dangerous adversary.

So happy to see more comments - Anon, Naima, Dona Gringuita and Ann from yesterday.

I am enjoying every moment of this.

Thanks Madeline - Friday is even better now thanks to you.

Diana
 

Good Afternoon Y'all and thank you all so much for your kind words.

Susanlynn:

Thank you so very kindly. I am feeling much better.

Vivi:

Thank you kindly. And thanks for the clarifications. I knew there was something in that storeroom of value and I did hear something about a bidnez deal. Norbie is beyond the pale. His Finca would be productive if he'd stop gambling the profits away. Uli and Acacia were cute planning their future. That store room fire doesn't look good. Oh,and thanks for Art's status. I have no doubt he'll have his own bidnez in no time.

Manuel and Luisa and he looked at her with such disdain. I wish she would open her eyes.

Well Swine did give Perls a massage a couple epis back, but then again he did put that cream on his face. I too don't like the waving of Ale's pic.

Oh, and leave it to Manuel to figure out Ale's situation with the rape. I am glad that German reacted that way. What a stand up guy.

Diana:

Thank you most kindly. Yes, that was a big fail the first night of the honey moon, but then again, the second night went right. I had a lot of fun doing this one. Oh, me too about Dani and that picture and Perls saving the situation. She is keeping her word to Ale, who knew? Now Iknow that Perls is not doing it out of the kindness of her heart. It's to protect her own interest with Dany.

I don't know if that is what Luisa said about Manuel to Acacia the novio part. Maybe she meant they could become novios. I think that Luisa should get to know Art. Rubio is not for Luisa, though I am glad he saved her from Manuel.

I too like Uli's family, but Carmen is clingy and I didn't want to see that. I too wonder when Jules spills the beans about German to Andres what is going to happen. Although I think that Norbie isn't going to let Jules go that easily.
 

I think poor, deluded Luisa thinks that just because Manuel made out with her, they are now officially novios. Rosa said she won't believe that until he formally comes and declares himself to her, but Luisa brushed that off as being old fashioned and not needed. I don't even think he'll remember what happened, he was so drunk.
 

thank you for the recap!

I wonder how long it will take Acacia to realize that she's attracted to Esteban? I think the best thing she could do is get away from Esteban.

 

Vivi:

You are so right. Luisa is deluded and I really hope she doesn't give in to Manuel. Rosa is one smart cookie, old fashioned but a smart cookie. I hope she keeps a good eye on Luisa, and we can bet that Rubio will. I too don't think Manuel will remember it either.

Anon 2:57:

Welcome and Thank you kindly. I too wonder how long it will take Acacia to realize she is falling for Este. She needs to concentrate on Uli and finish her schooling. Start her career. There is so much she could be doing instead of mooning over Este. We'll have to wait and see.
 

Thanks Vivi! And I totally agree that Manuel "...don't even think he'll remember what happened, he was so drunk". Yes. He will either be annoyed or scornful or both when Luisa says something.

Anon, yes, I think Acacia needs to leave when the honeymooners return to try and put some distance between herself and Este.

Diana
 

Thank You Madelaine---
Wow! when Cris and Este come back from their honeymoon they will find that their profits went up in smoke---not good.

A lot coming up. A police report filed by Ale. Maybe but isn't it too late?
A war between Carmen and Juels?
A romance starting up with Luisa and Arturo?

Yes Manuel was drunk but Luisa didn't care, she wants him. Come on Luisa, you can do better. WAKE UP GIRL!!!
the gringo
 

Madelaine – My second recap of yours today. When I think of your prolific writing, the Beach Boys’ “I Get Around.” Hope you’re feeling better today and so glad you get around for our benefit. My favorite: Manuel's shirt is unbuttoned and it looks like maybe so are the first two buttons of Luisa's dress, don't look Gringo! - lol

ITA with all comments. Looking forward to Luisa finding out that letting drunk Manuel cop a feel(s?) doesn’t mean they’re novios. It’ll hurt, but hopefully she’ll move on before she gets knocked up.

 

...the Beach Boys’ “I Get Around” comes to mind.
 

@ Vivi,
Before I disagree with you, I would like to say I hope you are feeling better. I am not too far away from being in your shoes as far as surgery goes. I wish you well.

I must say I see an abundance of comments coming from you in regards to education and bettering yourself. It has struck a cord with me. I am living proof that an education does not guarantee a happy career, life, or income. Some of the most intelligent individuals I know have never been to college. I also know plenty of brilliant minds with college degrees. College did not make them smart. They were intelligent individuals long before college. I would dare to say most of them were amazing as children. If anything, college destroys creativity. A degree does not prove your intelligence level. It proves you were willing to stop thinking for yourself. It proves you were willing to be indoctrinated. It proves you were not willing to question authority. Please stop associating making a better life for yourself with education or climbing the corporate steps. Think beyond those terms and everything that has been programmed into your mind.
I would also like to add, being that I put my education and career first, it is too late for me to have children due to a medical condition. My dreams of starting a family are crushed because I did what I thought would please others and my family. I did not follow my own heart.....
I often times feel as if you are judging others for not being on your "level". You pick apart career choices that you do not deem adequate, such as being a stripper. Who are we to dictate what empowers a woman and what does not? As long as the woman is not hurting anyone, and as long as she is happy and fulfilled, that is all that should matter. I would like to see women respecting other women, even when they may choose a career or life path that may not be in line with what we believe to be best. Let us lift each other up. Female power!
 

Hi Anon- Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I'm not sure why you chose to focus on mine. I'm sorry your education, career, and life choices did not make you happy. I would think that has more to do with the choices you made and not because getting an education somehow resulted in bad things. There are so many ways to gain knowledge and experience, and it is not just limited to colleges, but it is almost a guarantee that if you want to make more than a bid if wage where you live paycheck to paycheck, and to open more doors, you need some form of education beyond high school. That is a fact in this country and most others.

I have both a BA and MA and what I chose to do with that is work in the nonprofit world serving others, so I'm not sure why you think I'm pushing corporate America. I've never worked in that sector, but I also see nothing wrong with it if it makes you happy. I'm sorry it was the wrong choice for you.

For me, the daughter of manual laborers who did not graduate from high school, my education has for her changed my family for the good. For the poor inner city kids I work with, education is the surest way to transform their lives for the better. I see it every day. I'm sorry that the life choices you made did not result in your happiness.
 

Sorry for the typos but my tablet doesn't make it easy. I'm sure you get the gist of what I mean.

Thanks for the well wishes on my surgery. It's not until late next month. I hope your procedure goes well too, and that you're on the mend very soon.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder