Friday, November 28, 2014

La Gata #63 11-17-14 Turkey. . .and Masochism is best served HOT!!


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  This title is dedicated to Mariano and the other gobblers in tonight's episode!

Right out of the gate we are treated with Jarocha beating the crap out of Gisela. Jarocha gets in some good slaps, choking and a blow to the stomach before Pablo comes out into the hallway to see what’s happening.  Relish this thrashing; you’re going to need it later.  Jarocha tells Pablo that this dirty pig has told Esme she is paralyzed.  Gisela doesn’t seem quite as cheeky anymore.  Security Guards have to tussle mightily to restrain Jarocha who even aims some kicks at Gisela.

 

Pablo finds Esmeralda on the floor.  She cries that she cannot walk and that she was lied to.  Pablo holds her as she sobs and pledges his undying love.

 

Outside Fernando and Blanca arrive and Jarocha informs them as well of the well-guarded secret that Gisela has just blurted out.  Fernando prepares to rip into her when Gisela recognizes him and calls him a killer.  Blanca tries to defend him.  Fer decides they will go in to see Esmeralda and tells Gisela he will deal with her later.  The guards continue to keep Jarocha and Gisela separated.

 

Esme is back in bed now as Fer and Blanca enter.  She is glad to see them; she has them and swears she is not going to give up.  Outside the large glass window which opens on the hallway Rita states solemnly that her dream has been realized, Esme is a broken rag doll.

 


Lo tries to convince Augie to go see Pablo.  He doesn’t want to run into El Sil..  I think she says something to the effect that they should be big enough to put their hate aside in the face of this tragedy. 

 

Esme has been given a tranquilizer.  Pablo wants to stay near her, Blanca leaves.  Esme bemoans her fate, she cannot take the children for walks, and she cannot take them to the park.  Pablo tries to encourage her and reassure her that the paralysis is temporary, they will marry.  She doesn’t want to talk about the wedding.

 

Another satisfying scene in the cafeteria after Gisela calls Fernando a killer.  Gisela has the kind of presence that makes you forget you don’t like violence against anyone, that you don’t like to see men hit or “manhandle” women and that nobody “asks for” such treatment.  Yes, all that happened, she asked for it and I for one enjoyed him telling her to shut up as he threatens, no promises her he will be the worst enemy she has on earth if she messes with Esme again.  She calls him a criminal.  No I’m not but with you, I’d love to begin.   She has the nerve to act indignant.  After all, she was only telling Esme a truth that had been hidden from her too long!   He tells her not to go near Esme again!




Back with poor Esme, remembering the wreck in a black and white flashback.  She has lost the brave face she had when Fer and Blanca were with her.  She relives Gisela’s verbal diarrhea.  More of Pablo reassuring her that she will get better, they will marry, everything will be the same.  Esme protests that the accident broke her legs and their dreams.  She will not allow him to spend his life with a cripple.   No, Pablo will marry her because he can’t live without her.  She thanks him for his loving words.
 
Fer and Blanca are back with her and the emotional pendulum has swung the other way.  She is in full self pity mode: She feels impotent, she has given up, she was brought into this world to suffer and happiness is not for her.  Fer looks at her helplessly, Blanca looks down. 
 
Pablo is at Esme’s bedside as she has a nightmare. 
 
Esme sits in a swing is in the front yard watching Jarocha and Meche play with her babies as an empty wheelchair rolls in and turns to face her.  Jarocha and Meche have put the babies down and walk outside the fence laughing and ignoring Esme’s cries not to leave the babies alone.   A man in black comes and takes Letitia and walks away.  Blanca, in a swing next to Esme says it’s the bad man who took my baby, now he’s taking yours.  The man does not speak, looks at Esme and walks up steps to the house carrying Letty.   She turns to the swing next to her.  Blanca is gone.  All Esme can do is cry NO!  Then she is in the dump sitting in a chair holding a baby doll like Blanca.  Rita floats into the dump repeating “she is a weak ragdoll, a broken doll.” Esme endlessly screams, they stole my daughter, please, no, my daughter, my daughter!!   The camera goes wide.  Esme is a merely a small speck in a sea of trash.
 
Pablo comforts her; he is there to calm her with his touch, his words, and his kisses.  Dream of our love.  Esme thinks to herself is this what her life is going to be from now on?  Unable to care for herself or her babies.  It’s not worth it.  She must be very bad for life to have punished her this way.  She has no right to make others suffer more than what she is suffering.
 
What follows is so bizarre and frustrating I couldn’t bear to watch it again as I normally do when I’m recapping.  I am sorry.  If there is detail some of you crave and that others can fill in please do so.  I try to keep my opinion out of this re-telling but this was just, I’m just speechless.
 
Mariano barges into Gisela’s apartment telling her he KNOWS she caused Pablo and Esme’s accident!  Tell the truth he shouts!  He threatens to tell Pablo.  She pushes him down on the sofa as if HE is also a ragdoll and then she begins to practice frotteurism on him as she assaults his face and mouth with hers.  Strangely, he does not protest but returns her “kiss”, not ardently, only mildly responding.  At one point he repositions himself so that he is standing over her and it looks as if he is seeking leverage and has amorous designs on her.  He puts his hand at her throat and tells her breathily he is not accustomed to going to be with anyone who causes him nausea.  He vows to find out how she caused the accident and angrily leaves.


Mariano gets to the elevator and I’m not sure if I missed a scene because he’s fairly wailing about almost having done something crazy and that devil woman awakening his lowest instincts.  What?!
 
Oh Gisela is pissed that Mariano didn’t give in to her feminine wiles.  She’ll get even.  After pacing up and down a few times, she has her plan and we suffer one of many of her self-satisfying auto-erotic muggings for the camera.
 
Lowrenza has decided to come and see Esme to see what her heart feels for her.    Just for gringo Esme is sitting up in bed, head bandage off and raven locks loosely cascading over her shoulders.  Esme asks Lo why is she there, to enjoy her misfortune?   Lo tries to deny she is not happy for the tragedy that has befallen Esme.  Then, for all of us who weren’t feeling her change of heart she declares that the breach between them is too deep.  Between you and I there is nothing to say and she leaves.  Outside the door she thinks to herself that she hates Esme but doesn’t want to. . .but no matter how hard she tries, she can’t love her. . .”I’m happy she will be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life!” 
 
I thought El Sil was going to keep Gisela at bay.  Gisela burst into Pablo’s room and throws herself against his shoulder claiming that Mariano raped her.  Although he verbally expresses doubt we can see that he is swallowing this bile.  She leaves Pablo’s hospital room.  Her plan is in place:  if Mariano tries to say she caused La Gata and Pablo's accident, she will say that he made it up to cover up his rape of her.  We'll see who they believe, a crazed rapist or the pitiful victim she can become.  The ball is now in Mariano’s court!
 
Speaking of court, Mariano didn’t show up for an important phase of the hearing against his father.  I don’t do well with the legal stuff so please feel free to fill in anyone!  The long and short of it is his appearance was key to Augie’s defense. 
 
AND just in case anybody doubts Gisela’s intentions as stated two minutes ago we are subjected to her looking at herself in the mirror as she strokes her ego and repeats her plan to conquer Pablo.
 
So where is Mariano?  He’s in his apartment, nearly half naked, sprawled between his sofa and coffee table, receding hair all disheveled and having a seizure over his having. . . .what?  WHAT?!!  They show the scene where G(spot)isela rubbed herself all over him and short-circuited his raging bull(shit) defense of the gata he loves!  He’s flipping on the sofa like a fish, throwing pillows and then curls up in a fetal position.  I’m frankly embarrassed for my friends who have the hots for him!  He’ll soon return the favor, keep watching. 



Oh my gosh!  He’s crying!  Hot, anguished tears escape his tortured eyes, veins pop in his forhead and he’s crimson as he cries out “Why, why was I about to do the worse!  Did she really awaken this base desire in me?”  He slaps his forhead several times, hard!
 
Wait!  There’s a knock at the door!   Go away, I want to be by myself!  The person is insistent.  Whatever is wrong you will do better with company.  Open the door!  It’s El Sil!  Mariano flails on the couch a few more times and then reluctantly interrupts his fit to let El Sil in.  He just knew it had to be something pretty heavy for Mariano to miss being in court today.  He reminds Mariano that his absence could hurt his father’s case.   El Sil sees Mariano is out of sorts.  My god man, you’re burning up with fever!  You must go to the doctor!  There is no doctor or human being who can cure me of what I’m feeling!  My soul is sick!  I was about to commit the worse crime a man can commit!  El Sil doesn’t get it either.  Mariano continues kvetching:  oh, he deserves to go to hell!
 
This sounds like an extreme case of blue balls aggravated by morbidly tight blue jeans.
 
El Sil applies a cool towel to the other end.   Mariano wonders why he’s being so good to him.  He was at the point of committing an offense against ALL women!  El Sil gives him a pep talk.  He, El Sil, has got a whole crap load of evidence his father and he, Mariano, is the only one who can defend him.  He’s got to get out there and fight the good fight.  I would be a coward to take advantage of your state in order to win this battle.  Mariano tells El Sil he is an incredible person.  El Sil reminds him that not only is he defending his father, but there’s the program to help the street kids.  Now go wash your ass and let’s go! commands El Sil, we got work to do!
 
Back at the hospital Esme and Pablo apparently have not had their quota of tragedy and drama.  Esme’s is self inflicted, as we will soon see, Pablo’s is genetic.  Augie basically tells him he’s a damn food to stay with that crippled girl and those kids who may not even be his.  This marriage is impossible and should never have happened.  Go ahead and marry her then you can live off the charity that El Sil will offer you.  Thanks for stopping by, Dad!
 
Esme has stupidly invited Gisela into her room to give her the gift that keeps on giving. . .Pablo.  In a cruel, sickening scene Gisela pretends to come in peace, encourages Esme to marry, something she can’t do because she’s “tainted”.  Gisela taunts her with magazines with athletically fit brides in wedding dresses.  Esme understands Gisela was cruel because she also loves Pablo.  She wants Giesela to make him happy.  She doesn’t want to inflict him with her disability.  There’s a lot of back and forth that I frankly don’t want to watch again.  Gisela doesn’t want Esme to tell Pablo they talked, just distance herself from him and she will do the rest.  Oh yes, and convince him that he is bad luck for her:  he has brought her nothing but disgrace. After Esme accepts this stupid arrangement she asks Esme to forget her cruel words.  Essme tells Gisela to make him happy, give him the life by the side of a beautiful woman like he deserves.  I know life with me would be an impediment; he would end up hating me because I am not a complete woman.
Poor Gata has turned into a rag doll Gisela moans as she rubs Esme’s legs.  Esme rejects her pity.  Oh stop being proud you lousy ***ch!  I don’t need your permission to have Pablo.  He’s going to be mine because I decided!
 
Esme.  That’s what happens when you invite people to **it on you. 

 
 
Phew!  Glad that’s over!  Have at it peeps!  What the heck was Mariano pissin’ and moanin’ about for cripe’s sake!  Sheesh!  Ahm goin’ ta bed!







Previous: Episode 62
Next: Episode 64

Labels:


Comments:
What WAS that?! I know I comprehended the language, but this was another cut-and-paste-unrelated-sentences episode. Gracias, Lila for hanging in there. I wish you'd gotten something better to cover!

"Relish this thrashing; you’re going to need it later." This is not an idle warning!

I want Gisela off my screen ASAP. They are clearly intending me to hate her, with this false rape accusation.

Lo's latest about face is annoying and seems pointless. I guess it was just to get her closer to the babies. Still believable acting, but it just seems silly to go from one extreme to the other and back again.
 

Omi-freakin-gosh, Lila!
I missed this episode, but just barely, as I was tempted to invite a visiting family member to watch with me. Nuh-uh! I can hardly take it in: my hero Mariano has toppled off his pedestal. I'm glad I missed all the wailing, writhing and moaning you describe.

Ugh!

Anyway thanks very much for getting this written Lila. You are a trooper and deserve hazard pay for this one!

J in Oregon
 

I will admit, the sight of Mariano's one bare foot....

No, I haven't been drinking. Why would you ask that?
 

Hey ya'll thanks! Had to go back and force my self to listen to G-spot to get in an important detail: that if Mariano accuses her of causing the accident she is going to cry rape. I've added it.

I could slap this bitch so hard her head turns like it was built on a swivel! Okay, back to bed, I think last night's show upset my tummy!
 

How long is Gisela going to continue her reign of terror ? She must be stopped NOW.

Esme: you're an IDIOT just like Olivia Pope of Scandal for letting evil people like that in your room!
 

Good morning, Steve! I bet we're going to have Gisela for the duration but with this crappy crew there's no telling.

I'm torn between accepting whatever they dish at us, you know "it is what it is" or rip into this haphazard pasting together of slashed pieces of other novelas, b movies and the writer's failed attempts at unexpected suspenseful turns of events and the use of schizophrenic character whiplash: like Lowrenza's getting religion. . .NOT and cool, calm and collected Mariano having a freaking cow because he barely responded to a kiss and an offer of some p-funk for crying out loud!!! He did NOTHING to Gisela so where does this torturous self-flagellation, stripping off of socks, pulling out his remaining 10 hairs, smacking himself in the head and calling down the wrath of Hades come from!? Damn!!

Ok. Ok. Calm down. It's only a novella, only a novella, don't become like Mariano. Phew. Thanks for listening!
 

Holy fricking moley you are so funny.

"This sounds like an extreme case of blue balls aggravated by morbidly tight blue jeans."

I kinda get how Mariano feels, as I feel the same about this show. It masquerades as a TN, yet it repulsive. I accuse and berate and it tries to seduce me and I hate myself in the morning for being turned on.

 

Tofie beat me to it! I love your diagnosis! I did not watch the episode, but thank heaven I don't have to. Your detailed recap saves me from that torture.
 

Don't hold back, tofie! I need someone to really rake this sucker over the coals! How dare they??!!

I know they're trying to rip an awesome Brazilian novela called "Viver a Vida" in which a man falls hopelessly in love with his twin brother's girlfriend. I won't say more in case you ever find it. It is absolutely the best damned any kind of novela, mini series, whatever! I have EVER seen. Every time I get on this blog I carry on about it so I'll restrain myself but the actors were top notch, the story multi-layered, complex, exciting and captivating and the music was a wonderful (then) contemporary mix of Brazilian, French, Spanish and American music which perfectly complemented the story.

*Sigh* Yes, it seduced me, I'm still in afterglow and comparing every new novela with it and I'm not ashamed! Seriously, I watched it in Portuguese but even if you can see it dubbed in Spanish, watch it, it's well worth it!

But this is what we have so I guess this is what we deal with: a broken rag doll of a novela!
 

Guess I've been bitten by the La Gata bug too. After the car accident I intended not to watch for awhile but keep enjoying the recaps. Thanks, Eli, Sara, 5ft, and Lila for the fab storytelling and choice snark. Lila, may favorites today: This sounds like an extreme case of blue balls aggravated by morbidly tight blue jeans.

I'm so glad that the writers didn't go the amnesia route for Esme or Pablo, that I've started watching again.

Mariano getting turned on by loca Gisela and then feeling so bad about it that he's in a fetal position? I never saw that coming.

Esme, I could see you sacrificing yourself because you Monica could make Pablo happy. But Gisela? She's meaner than a rattlesnake (though I'm probably insulting rattlers). Why would you want to sic her on Pablo and your kids?
 

Oops.

"my favorite"

"because you think Monica"
 

Hey Niecie, good to see you! That's true, she's "giving" Pablo to a random that wandered into their lives that's one thing, but turning this loca loose on her kids! That's altogether different! I hadn't thought about that! Well, so far she, Pablo and the babies have been ok, it's like the saying "God takes care of babies and fools." That pretty much has got them covered!
 

Fact is Gisela is one psycho girl: see Maricela from PSMA !
 

I think it's a process, Lila. First you have to vent and rip it apart, then you can get to "it is what it is." Or the show ends. Whichever comes first.

Niecie, if she's going to get rid of Pablo, I agree with you, Gisela is the obvious WRONG choice! As a matter of fact, if Esme is going to treat the "love of her life" like a toy to be given away, she might as well put him up for auction.
 

"love of her life" like a toy to be given away, she might as well put him up for auction"

eBay
 

Lol, tofie. I was thinking more like one of those "bachelor" auctions...dress him up in a tux, parade him around. Make sure they bring cash, though.
 

Lila---You did a great job with this turkey episode. Your writing was A+
Gisela's verbal diarrhea.

The camera goes wide, Esme was merely a small speck on a sea of trash.

She has her plan and we suffer one of many of her self satisfying auto-erotic muggings for the camera.

Mariano was a case of blue balls aggravated by morbidly tight blue jeans.

You can live off the charity that El Sil will offer you. Thanks for stopping by dad.

Lila, the above was just a few of you great lines.

Yes, Lila, I did notice that Esme's raven locks had finally been released from their captivity. Loved it.

A turkey story? So if she is reported for causing the accident, then she will cry rape. WHAT? Where is the proof of that?

I was puzzled that Rita's dream has been realized, Esme is a broken rag doll. Why does Rita want Esme broken? Was it because she rejected the Meatball.

Tofie---Just think Esme is not wanting to stay in jail even she is found to be innocent. (CI) Esme has just asked El Loco to make Pablo happy because she now won't be able to. She has heart.

Did you guys notice that when Jarocha was giving it to Gisela last night in the hospital, security showed up but through it all not a single doctor or nurse
in sight? Coffee break maybe?

Is the Lo going to do something with the babies tonight? Something doesn't look right.
the gringo
 

gringo, They certainly made it look like Lo was going to kidnap the babies.

And fifty security guys show up for this fight...where have they been when random people are wandering into what I assume is Intensive Care? Where only family members are supposed to be allowed?
 

We are still early in this one gringo. I actually thought Maricruz had a better reason for lying and sacrificing herself than Esmeralda does, though she (Maricruz) did irrationally lie to stay in the pen separating herself from her child, because she was ashamed. (I still think she and Alfonso the playboy painter got down and she was embarrassed to be played a fool). Plenty of opportunity for Esmeralda to do something similarly stupid for the same kind of guy.

 

A late but no less heartfelt thank you, gringo! I think I'm going to wait til the light of day tomorrow to see what further suffering they have cooked up for your girl, Esme. I want to sleep better than I did last night!

Thanks, Diva, for explaining the evolution of attachment or detachment from a novella. I guess I'd better regain my initial perspective on this thing if we've got such a long way to go. See ya in comments in the next post. :D
 

Lila, I had to come by (although very late) to tell you what a hilarious recap this was. I thought Esme's dream was well done and useful to the plot. Mariano pitching a fit on the couch? Didn't know whether to laugh or gag. Don't remember seeing that brand of remorse in a TN before. I want to have a photo of Mariano and photoshop his receding hairline.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder