Tuesday, December 02, 2014

La Gata #66 12/2/14 La Muñeca

I may be the only one who feels this way, but this is starting for feel more like a support group than a conversation about a Telenovela. Gluttons for Punishment Anonymous, perhaps?

Anyway...

Very bare bones tonight.
  • Dr. Peñuela (played by the scrumptious Marcelo) is overwhelmed by eau de protagonista.
  • Pablo wants to get married ASAP, but Esme still hesitates.
  • Dr. Cisneros will be here soon!
  • Pablo wears Esme down and she finally agrees to marry him the day before her operation (and I can't help but think that you aren't allowed to eat or drink after midnight before a surgery... so they better make it an AM wedding so Esme can enjoy a little of the reception.)
  • Augie had hoped Mariano would remain loyal to him, but now his kids are dead to him and if Low is going to keep bleating about the nietos, she's dead to him too!
  • Mariano thinks Fer should transfer all his assets to be in Esmeralda's name.
  • Augie rightly guesses that Gisela is lying about her accusation of rape.
  • Gisela rightly guesses that Augie and Low aren't the happiest of married couples and Augie admits he has had only one "great love."
  • Low continues to play innocent with Pabs and Mariano.
  • Augie is looking forward to El Sil's (2nd) downfall.
  • Mariano mans up and tells Fer about the paper.
  • Pablo is a dumbass to the extreme and signs a contract from Gisela WITHOUT READING IT. 
  • Did I mention Pablo is a dumbass?
  • Gisela muses that Pablo's dumb ass work and life are now completely in her hands.
  • Pablo's dumb ass takes Esme and the babies on a picnic.
  • Though angry that Pablo's dumb ass did not take her call, Gisela continues to gloat about his dumb ass being in her power and she plans to makes sure Pablo's dumb ass ends up broke.
  • Fer can't help but think that Mariano was secretly working with Augie, but Mariano swears that isn't the case and he did everything in his power to get the paper back.
  • Home from the picnic, Pablo's dumb ass reads an email informing him that Gisela has set up a business lunch with a Paris gallery owner: Artur Bishkek (spelled according to the CCs, but was pronounced like Bisquet.)
  • Fer is afraid that history is repeating itself and swears Augie will not win!
  • Augie swears he will win and Blanca will be his!!
  • Low is annoyed with Augie's bitter self and is gobsmacked when Augie informs her they may be married, but they are NOT husband and wife!
  • Pablo's dumb ass tries to allay Esme's fears and jealousy over the business lunch.

The highlight of the night (which really can't be summed up in one sentence) was Erika Buenfil's good bye to her doll daughter. In a series of flashbacks and voice overs we see the history of Doll Daughter. Fela found her and even though she knows it's just a plastic doll, it really helped her through some hard times. She's now found her flesh and blood daughter and wants to leave the doll daughter so maybe someone else can find her. Meche and Jarocha watch from a little ways off and they are afraid Fela is having another bout of the crazies. As they approach, Fela explains she's burying Renata. They wonder how she can bury her "daughter" and Fela explains she knows it's just a doll. As a viewer I felt like Fela turned a page. If you don't watch anything else, watch these scenes.

  • Damian isn't buying Mariano's story and he and Mariano face off.
  • Fer interrupts and says he wants solutions!

Avances
  • Augie has nefarious plans for Blanca!
  • Gisela attacks Pablo's face and Fer sees!
Previous: Episode 65
Next: Episode 67

Labels:


Comments:
Maybe we'll have a couple of episodes that won't feel like a cat chasing its tail.
 

Thank you for this, now I wont be forced to sit thru the episode.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for someone to offer to send me a beanie.

I'll bring cookies for the support group.
 

Ooo! Cookies! How about a fabulous black sequined beanie with green rhinestone cat eyes?
 

Sara, I would dig that!
 

Circumstances have forced me to miss most of last night and all of tonight. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not. I really appreciate the recaps allowing me to follow this madness. Now that Fela is better, maybe she can represent the family and stymie Augie.
110
 

Thank you Sara. My name is LN and I'm a gataholic.

My four favorite scenes in this mess so far:

Fela giving up her doll.

The wild charreada where Gata and Pablo fought and Gata tried to climb up in the bleachers and pull Monica into the fight.

Jarocha punching Gisela.

Mariano and Pablo sliding down the barranca on their cardboard sleds.

Does anyone know what Garabato and Ines were talking about on Monday?

I'm still not sure which way Lorenza is going to jump.


 

Sara...thank you for working thru your pain and bringing us an awesome list, AKA "Pablo's Dumb-A$$ Happenings". Yah I couldn't believe he signed that documento that was "too long to read", and later tells Esme that after his next show he'll be able to buy them a house. Really?

Did anyone notice that suddenly Renata-the-doll had silky smooth hair? And a clean face? Doll makeover!

People, right now I'm in this just so I can stare into Mariano's eyes. I may need professional help.

J in Oregon


 

It's possible to fix a doll with, "The Re-Root Process" and Nail Polish Remover to clean dirt on it.
 

Where is Fela's doll? I need it now
 

Sara, thank you girl! This is the stupidest, yes, I'm gonna spell it out, this is the stupidest shit I have ever seen in my life! Love the appropriate and repeating refrain of "Pablo's dumb ass". . .jeezo pete, what an IDIOT! And Eli, you nailed it yesterday, apparently they are going to give us a torturously stupid replay of Augie having El Sil by the short hairs. . . .yah, cat chasing it's tail indeed! Nice characterization Sara. What a jacked up, effed up piece of crap this is!

Yes, Erika was the highlight. They coulda left Meche and Jarocha out of the scene.

Yes, it has become a support group, thank y'all for that and I am eternally grateful to have learned the name of the latoodle-o so I can avoid her refried shit in the future.
 

Welcome LN!
 

La Paloma-Fela as family hero...I LIKE IT!!

LN-Those are my favorite scenes as well. For me I would add the scene where El Sil struts out of jail and the one where he finds Fela in the dump. It's one of the reasons I get so frustrated with this show because someone is capable of coming up with GREAT scenes, but 90% of the show is crap. And now that I'm more than halfway through I want to see it through to the crappy and bitter end.

I NEVER understand Garabato or Ines, so I can't really help with their convo. OH!!! Ines did say something about KIDNAPPING Esme. Oy vey.

J in O- "Doll makeover" made me giggle. It seems appropriate though. I mean, the REAL daughter got a make-over, too.

CorazonSalvaje(;-thanks for the doll cleaning tips lol.

tofie-would you think I was pressuring you if I said I hope we get a list from you today?

Lila-I am LMAO over you comment. I am NEVER watching a Latoodle-oo production again. I got burned by CI and now this. Never again.
 

on the way to DC on business but here goes on the fly

Fernando - Mariano, you dumb xxck

Pablo - just a girl I know from work

Gisela - Zen and the art of Emasculation or Pablo's nuts on a stick

Augie - and look at you, who'd want to sleep with a camel

Esmeralda - how you gettin me, the wheelchair, babies & carriage out of this ravine

Dr. Peñuela - down a blind alley

The Doll - if I don't get a kid next time somebody pop off my head

 

The only thing I really, really enjoy about La Gata is getting together with the other Patio Peeps each morning over a cup of coffee and the warmth of the patio sun. I met many of you during CI and love to see what you think of this mess. Of course I will continue to watch and weigh in every now and then.

Again, thank you recappers for your great coverage of all the "events"
 

tofie-WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the fly and STILL brilliant!! Loved the entries for Gisela and Dr. P. Safe travels!!

emeraldrose-I feel the same way. I like the way you phrased it "warmth of the patio sun." I don't want anyone to suffer, but it does feel better knowing there are others here "suffering" and that we are all in this together.
 

The Doll - if I don't get a kid next time somebody pop off my head.

Gisela - Zen and the art of Emasculation or Pablo's nuts on a stick.

tofie, you freakin' rock! I know you're secretly a famous stand-up and you don't want the world to know you watch novelas! Your secret is safe here! Coffee klatch, support group, did somebody say masochists anonymous? whatever, this gathering is sometimes more fun than the show, and this is one of those times!

Lila
 

Greetings, fellow gataholics! The good thing about being a gataholic is we can serve alcohol at the meetings. Just saying.

Gracias, Sara! Excellent coverage, especially as it relates to the adventures of the ass that is not smart and belongs to Pablo.

Fela's goodbye to Doll Renata was very nicely done. Thank you for the increased coverage on that. Compared to the other drivel, having this one very emotional moment really stuck out. I wonder if there's a lesson there for us about dolls and insanity to help deal with senseless situations-like the ones Ms. Latoodle keeps inflicting on us!

I wonder what Pablo signed without reading it. Considering I'm sure actually owning another person is illegal. Did he sign over all his profits? In that case, just stop working and walk away!
 

Safe travels, tofie!
 

I say alcohol is MANDATORY for this!!!

I'm sure the contract states that Gisela owns his intellectual property or something.

I forgot to mention in the recap that Pabs and Esme did talk a little about his book. She joked it would become a movie or a novela. Esme and Jarocha had a conversation about writing, too.

I wonder if this book will become something important.
 

When Esme talked about Pablo being a writer, that threw me off for minute. I couldn't remember him writing. It was so long ago that he was doing the poetry. And I thought his "book" was supposed to be a long-form angry rant about Esme's alleged cheating. I guess he's made some edits!
 

I wonder if Pablo participates in NanoWriMo (http://nanowrimo.org/)
 

I could totally see him doing that!
 

Thanks for your bullet points Sara
Every bit helps.
Do we have to call him Pablo Dumb
Ass from now on?
Can't wait to find out what Pablo signed.

Renta doll makeover. That one flew by me last night, but I did wonder what Fela was doing in the dump with the doll. Now that I know, it was a very sweet scene, the best last night.

GREAT favorite scenes list LN.

I agree that when El Sil found Fela in the dump, that was a great scene also.

Tofie---A perfect list and on the fly. You're amazing.

SUFFERING??? With Maite, the gringo would NEVER suffer.

Can't wait until Dumb Ass finds out what he signed.

So Augie is going to turn the tables on El Sil? Will they change living quarters also?
the gringo



 

Thanks, Sara. The show is silly, but the recaps always put a smile on my face.
 

Maite is not the reason I'm suffering. :)

The story/writing is a different story!

I love the recaps, too!
 

Hello everyone! What is it with Maite Peroni and characters like the blind doctor(Marcelo?) and in Cuidado another blind doctor falling in love with her character? Was Cuidado also written by the same writer?ANne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder