Tuesday, December 09, 2014

La Gata #70 12/08/14 The one where no one looked for Fela


  • Fela is still missing-no one seems to care
  • Agustin's plan is to keep Fela as his prisoner for so long that she forgets her life with Fernando and then he will replace her memories with fake ones of him and Fela as a happy couple. What the F*ck. That's his actual plan you guys!
  • Chacharas is showing signs of early dementia by asking the crypt keeper, I mean Rita to marry him. He takes her out to a little river/pond thingy and pops the question, all I wanted was for Rita to fall overboard and drown. Yeah, I said it. I don't care what stupid plot line they come up with for her, I don't like her and I'm never gonna like her, so there!
  • Rita accepts the proposal and the two make out, and boy am I glad I got myself a beer after work, it helped numb the pain of that scene.
  • Rita says that the cards show Esmeralda's operation will be life changing, *cue the music of doom*
  • Esmeralda gets a call from bat shit crazy Gisela who requests that the two meet up for a chat.
I now interrupt this recap for a little rant: Why do people continue to indulge this crazy woman? Change your numbers you idiots! Get caller ID, set your number to private, DO SOMETHING. Fernando has money, ask him to relocate you anywhere where you are free of Gisela! Los Angeles, New York, Pakistan! Anywhere will do! As Judge Judy would say Ahhhhh-MOVE! Why, oh why do they continue to pay attention to Gisela? Why baby Jesus, why?! Why am I being tortured! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?! I'm a good person, my patio peeps are good people, what did we do to deserve this?! *sobs*

  • Gisela, Esmeralda and Jarocha make it to the restaurant for a verbal show down,  the meeting is pretty boring, and look Agustin makes an appearance, basically the meeting went something like this: Esmeralda you are a cripple and not good enough for Pablo, dump him! Esmeralda: "we love each other and we are going to get married!", that's pretty much all that happened.
  • Gisela learns that Esmeralda is set to have her surgery the next day and comes up with a plan.
  • Maite has pretty hair.
  • Esmeralda returns home and Pablo greets her, he says they should get married before her surgery, they run off to look for the priest but they keep missing him, it's like the universe wants to keep them apart!
  • Gisela sets her plan in motion:she pretends to be  a nurse and part of the team that will be working on Esmeralda's operation and  apparently no one checks her credentials and I swear my brain went *boom*
  • Agustin gloats that soon he will have his money back, and his house and he can almost taste victory, little does he know that Fernando has transferred all his money to Damian. How do you like them apples Agustin?!
  • Lorenza freaks out because Agustin is still set on divorcing her, she confesses to Mariano that she stole the document that Fernando had signed. Mariano is livid, he tells her he could have lost the ability to practice law if Fernando had reported him!
  • Esmeralda and Mariano have chat about a charity they want to fund, once she gets her operation they will have a fundraiser and Mariano will hit up his friends wealthy parents for donations. Kitty makes a point of asking him "what friends?" and Mariano thanks her for reminding him that he is a loner, he says that he has always counted her as his BFF. I like their banter, and I enjoy Esme and Mariano more than I do Esme and idiot Pablo.
  • Esme goes in for her operation and gets a talk about how being disabled is not something to be ashamed about-and right here is where my freaking DVR cut off.
  • Fela is still missing, no one seems to care.
Oh, the f*ckery.

Join us tomorrow when I'm sure Fela will still be missing in action.

Previous: Episode 69
Next: Episode 71

Labels:


Comments:
Eli, NO, NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOO! Tell me this isn't true:

"Gisela sets her plan in motion:she pretends to be a nurse and part of the team that will be working on Esmeralda's operation and apparently no one checks her credentials . . ."

I'm not finished watching the episode or reading your recap, I had to stop and react! I just can't find words! At least not decent ones. Let me finish reading it. I've not done so before but I may not be able to watch the rest of this!
 

Eli: You missed the worst part of a mind numbing episode: Gisela, in a nurse's uniform, comes into Esme's room, where she and Pablo, draped over her, are asleep and drops a snake onto a blanket on top of her legs. That is her big plan for getting rid of Esme? Not mucking up the operation but killing her with a deadly snakebite beforehand? BSC! I'm guessing it gets Pablo instead but previews didn't show.
 

P.S. Totally agree with your rants!
 

Ok, folks, I cruised in for the last 5ish minutes.

Gisela brought a SNAKE into Esme's room and dumped it on the bed. Esme and Pabs were sleeping so they will not be happy when they wake up.

Yes. A SNAKE.

Eli-This recap is SUPERB. I could not bring myself to watch the whole episode. Part of this decision was based on the fact that I knew you were recapping today. You covered all pertinent facts AND made me pee my pants laughing.

"...and boy am I glad I got myself a beer after work, it helped numb the pain of that scene." is a good line.

And oh the whole rant! Made my day. Indeed, what have we done to deserve this??

 

Carvivlie beat me to it.

This is the FOURTH time I've seen a deadly snake plot. *yawn*

OH! FIVE counting STuD.
 

A snake, for realz?!
 

For realssssss.

I bust a gut laughing.
 

Do these Octavio-brained producers all shop at Sssnakes-R-Us?? Lame-asses!

And they expect us to keep watching? Oh, that's right, we are ... I guess that makes US the lame-asses! I, for one, own a HUUGE beanie, it's stretched from here to Timbuktu now!
 

Eli, I feel you pain. You were blessed to have your DVD cut out before seeing Gisela in that sexy nurse costume bring the snake in. Really, where do they get that costume? Every time there is an evil nurse in a story she is wearing that super tight number that looks like costuming found it at the bottom of the sale box in the Halloween superstore on November 1st.

Another thing that occurred was Garabato, Inez and the gang arguing in Mariano's office about Garabato's illiteracy problems and lack of a birth certificate and last name. I think now, that their plan is to go along with beca program just as a smokescreen for their plan to kidnap Gata.

Lowrentsa told Augie that she had told Mariano the truth about stealing El Sil's signature.

Mr. LN commented that El Sil is quite good at compartmentalizing his feelings about Fela's kidnapping.

And, yet, as Anonymous at 2:50 put it, we are still here.







 

I admit I do feel like a dumb/lame-ass for watching this crap....but it's too late to turn back now: only 51 episodes left. It will feel like 189, I know.

I feel like the avances monkeys were toying with us last night, too. I wonder if the flatline sound effect was for realssss or not.
 

Laughed all the way through Eli.

"and I swear my brain went *boom*"

One time only, did Fernando muse about wanting his boo around but not where she may be. Like she went to the store for a pack of cigarettes, taking too long, he's hungry and wondering whats for supper.

At least it was a real snake and not a rubber one, like my brother had from Spencer's, and would throw on me and my friends just to hear us squeal.

Damien - got my spending money and my passport, these fools are HIS TO RY

Mariano - I'm down for fwb

Pablo - I'd push you faster in this chair if someone would tie my shoelaces for me

Gisela - snake charmer

Lorenza - "I love you both and this will be pure H-E double L for me
Oh, I wish that we could stop this D-I-V-O-R-C-E"

The Padre - tell em I'm not here

Garabato - I can't write but can do better than this tripe

Rita - did you run your tongue across my teeth?

Fela - I could be locked away in a cinder block room for all they care


 

LN-I'm loyal to the time slot more than anything. This is about the only TN that I can watch "real time". I'm frequently a day or more behind on every other show I watch.

But the snake thing last night was pretty funny. I did get a kick out of that. I just researched and apparently there is a drink called "Snakebite" (I can't get to any of the recipes since the school network blocks them.) I might serve that at tonight's meeting.
 

And the award goes to....

"Garabato - I can't write but can do better than this tripe"
 

Thanks, Eli.

I'm not a fan of snakes, but that snake looked so cute in the closeup of his head. I sensed he was silently screaming "get me out of here!"

Did it not occur to loca Gisela that the snake might bite Pablo instead of Esme? Pablo's got bigger veins.
 

I don't think Gisela cares, I think she's working under the "if I can't have him no one can" state of mind.
 

Gisela would have got a bigger bang for her snake had she waited and pitched it on Esmeralda during the operation.
 

So Doc Cisneros said Esme's 'tude was an insult to everybody in a wheelchair, well this crap is an insult to everybody with a brain!

A frickin' snake on the bed, lordhammercy!? I gotta get back in my laughin' groove: that's the only way to deal with this. This has GOT to be a novela parody. This cannot be serious!

Thanks Eli! F*ckery indeed!
 

Gracias, Eli! My cable box didn't get fixed until today (at least, I hope it's fixed now!) so I didn't get to watch this episode. Thanks for getting me caught up on all the effery.

Seriously, if the entire episode had been nothing but "Maite has pretty hair" that would have made for better entertainment.

Also, I'm with you on your entire rant about Gisela. And wanting Rita to drown.
 

Am I the only one who noticed Hot-Scar fron DQTQTQ? Here, his name is Willy and is part of that Ines/Garabato grouping.
 

Whoa. Whoa. How did I miss him?
 

Llena de Amor, Fuego en la Sangre, STD, La Gata and when was the fifth?
 

Oh I forgot! Dr. Cisneros is Estafano from Amores Verdaderos - human companion of Balzac (hee hee), boyfriend of Jean Marie, son of Odette.

That's Hotscar? I have to more attention.
 

And he was the wife murdering boyfriend of Gabi is PSMA.
 

Corazon, La Que no Podia Amar is the other
 

It wasn't attempted murder but I seem to remember a snakebite in LA fuerza del destino. I think that was it. Crud I can't remember.
 

OMG HOW could I forget? In Mundo de Fieras, Edith Gonzales' character Jocelyn placed a snake in Laura Flores' character Regina's car and that was the death of her while driving :c
 

Okay late to the party but thanks so so much Eli for your pants-peeing recap!!!

Did anyone besides me feeling sorry for Principe last night--the cat actor let out a yowl of discomfort while seated on Esme's lap. Luckily she dumped Principe on the couch before Pablo started his Wheelchair Races around the living room. Actor that plays Principe was looking on and thinking thanks God the script didn't call for me to whiz around the room in that chair.

By the way I also felt sorry for the snake actor, being dumped unceremoniously on a bed by evil witch woman.

J in Oregon

 

"snake actor" gave me the giggles!
 

I'm trying to get to the main page from my tablet and it keeps loads g and redirecting to a blank page. Is anyone else having trouble?
 

Yes, Sara, same here!
 

Yes, me too, page has a funky URL and in the tab it says "advert". I found this cached page, not sure how I got here...
J in O
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder