Tuesday, December 16, 2014

La Gata #75 The one where Esmeralda joined a cult 12/15/2014

Ok, confession time, I don't watch the show. I read the recaps, and I watch the episodes I recap but I can't make myself watch without wanting to cry, last night my sister joined me in watching this and fun times were had by all. This will be a short recap because really nothing happened, there was no Mariano, no Gisela and no Lorenza.

Now to the recap:

Blanca and Agustin are hanging out at kidnap central, she wants to know when he will set her free, and he makes excuses, he kisses her and she thinks this is gross, she's only going along in order to be reunited with her daughter, Miss. Kitty. Will she be able to fake this affection for Agustin long term? She better be, cause no one is looking for her.


Now to Esmeralda, she has decided to stay in the institute to try and get better, she has left her kids and loved ones behind and the only thing that worries me is that she trusts Pablo with the kids, yeah, those kids are doomed. At the institute Esmeralda meets a new friend who is angry at the whole world cause she can't walk. Esmeralda gives her the Susie Sunshine treatment and tells her to cheer up and not give up. I kinda wanna smack her, people should be able to feel depressed when something bad happens to them. At any rate new wheelchair girl takes the words to heart and Esmeralda has a new friend, hey at least they can roll through life together *snickers*

Silencioso and the rest of the gang are going to visit Esmeralda at the institute but she calls them and asks them not to come, Silencioso shares the news and says he will respect Esmeraldas wishes, just then Pablo walks in and says that they can't allow her to stay at the clinic, they need to find a way to rescue her. The.fuck. Did she convert to Scientology? He is afraid that if she stays there she will forget about him.

So check this, he is not worried about her isolating herself because she is depressed, nor is he worried about her not getting the medical treatment she needs, nope, he is worried that she will forget him. Not her father, or mother or children, but him.

Eli:"yeah cause I guess now she'll get amnesia"
Emmy (Eli's sister): She has amnesia?!
Eli:"No, I'm just saying, he's acting like she will suddenly get it"
Emmy:"oh, don't confuse me, the last thing that she needs is an un-diagnosed illness"

Fast forward to Pablo standing outside the clinic where he muses that it is an odd place full of weird people that scare him. My sisters reaction?

"Is he retarded? He did not just say that, he did not just say that" Oh, but he did. By this point I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt,  Jarocha also visits the clinic and just stands outside like a creeper. My sister wonders how long Esmeralda has been gone for, my reply "eh, probably a day"

Elsewhere, Garabato tries to make amends with Dona Rita, he tells her he never turned Ines in and that he is trying to make something of himself. She tells him all the schooling in the world won't help him because he is a looser and a good for nothing waste of space.

This dashes Garabatos hopes and he drops out of school, he tells Centavito and the other guy that school is not for him and that he will never get ahead, but tells them that they should not give up because they have potential. The emotional scene ends with a bro hug.

Emmy:"where are those guys going?"
Eli:"school"
Emmy:"No, seriously"
Eli:"no, really, they are going to school"
Emmy:"Damn, I thought they were going off to war"

And then I laughed and laughed.

At the jail Ines gets into it with a girl named Aguacata, like avocados in Spanish, I wish they would leave that lovely fruit out of this. The girl straight up punches Ines in the face and when Ines tells her to bring it they get caught by a warden who gives Ines the chance to tell on her fellow prisoner. Ines knows that snitches get stitches and end up in ditches, so she clams up and says they were just discussing the daily schedule.

Rita and her loyal companion come to visit Ines and after a failed attempt manage to get in, Rita continues to talk trash about Garabato and Ines tells her that Garabato wanted to get clean and leave the gang behind, that he in fact tried to get her to quit her criminal ways but that she refused and that she is in the pokey only because of her mistakes, she got a second chanced and she blew it. Did you guys know that Rita brought Ines some chorizo and egg tortas? Well she did. Ines hugs her grandmother and then walks away:

Emmy:"hey, don't forget your tortas!"
Ines faints
Emmy:"what happened?"
Eli:"I think she fainted"
Emmy:"see, she probably fainted because she forgot her tortas"

At the clinic of doom:

Everyone visits Esmeralda- and she never even asks about Fela by the way, and they try to convince her to come home, but she stands her ground and I'll spare you the details because it's the same thing we have heard a million times in just this episode alone:Pablo wants her to come home, he's jealous and scared that she will forget him, she tells him that won't happen, they kiss.

Doctor hottie talks to his buddy and he confesses that he loves Esmeralda, Virginia over hears this conversation and later tells him that Esmeralda and Pablo love each other and that he will only get hurt if he continues to harbor feelings for her.

Okay, doctor hot stuff and Pablo meet but I swear to you guys I have no idea what the point of the conversation was or what was said, and I'm a Mexican whose native language is Spanish!

From the previews it looks like they are setting up Cordova to be the male baddie of this story.

And finally I'll save the best for last:

Emmy, upon seeing doctor hottie: "he's a doctor?"
Eli:"yep"
Emmy:"How is he a doctor, wait, he's not a surgeon is he?!"

Repeat with me "Oh, the fuckery"

Previous: Episode 74
Next: Episode 76

Labels:


Comments:
Ha! I love the opening paragraph!

Now back to reading...
 

Oh.
My.
God.

That was sublime. Every line made me laugh. I'll single out "The.fuck. Did she convert to Scientology?" because I had similar thoughts last night. Damn, she's at a school...not a fricking prison. Hell, Ines *is* in prison and it looked easier to visit her!

Your and your sister need to watch together more often. I loved the back and forth between you two.

Just 46 episodes to go! (No, seriously Univision. I'm begging you. Start editing.)
 

Eli, I'm cracking up! I'm happy you got to share this Very Special Episode full of PSA's no one could make any sense of with your sister. The recap was priceless! You know I love you, but I have to give your sister Best Line of the Night From a Visiting Viewer with "see, she probably fainted because she forgot her tortas."

Mr. 5ft and I are both outraged...outraged, I tell you!...that Team Silencioso appear to just be waiting for Fela to spontaneously come back home.

Esme is so not the person to be telling anyone else to cheer up about anything when every time some new bad thing happens to her (and, admittedly, there has been quite a lot of that) she says life has nothing good to offer her, it's all bad, etc., etc., etc, and she brushes off anyone else's attempts to cheer her up. So, I say, if her new BFF needs to mourn the loss of her ability to walk, let her!

I still don't get why Esme is in a school where they're supposed to be learning how to navigate the world as people with disabilities and Esme is there to walk again. What? That's like somebody going to drug and alcohol rehab and bringing along their own supply, because while everyone else is getting sober, they want to work on drinking in moderation.

Pablo's behavior was...well, let's just say, I'm not speaking to Pablo right now. His freak-out was way overdone and many of the things that came out of his mouth made me want to kick him in the shins.

And then he has that bizarro conversation with Hot Doc where Hot Doc was almost making it sound like she *is* in a cult...there, with her people, in their world that they've created where they can get understanding and love and affection from each other...subtext: all you able-bodied people are cruel and heartless and you suck! I wonder if this is just a symptom of inhaling too much Eau de Protagonista?

And was I imagining that when Virginia explained that he has zero chance with Esme and she told him she liked him, he got a little too excited?

If Ines is preggers, yikes! I don't think Rita has it left in her to take care of one more generation.
 

How wrong is it that Ines was way cuter in her prison uniform than her usual ripped up t-shirts? And was her face cleaner too?
 

Brilliantly funny recap that was a 1000 times better than this drivel ever could be!

Sara, I'm begging with you!!
 

You weren't the only one, Kat! I wasn't watching, I was only listening while I was knitting and I didn't see Doc Hot (oh the irony!) I only heard him and I thought he sounded a little to excited about Virginia liking him. Then again, Virginia sounded a little to eager as well so it popped into my head that they were "breaking up" Carrrlos and Virginia.

Carvivile-I pretty pissed that Uni will edit stuff I *do* want to see and then leave crap like this alone.

 

Hello, my name is Esmeralda and I'm a stupid-holic. I love my family, can't live without them. So I left them to come live here. I want to hurry up and be able to run to them. So I refused the probably-faster surgery and moved here to work on a "mind over matter" technique that will take "el tiempo que sea necesario" instead. I really miss my babies, the love of my life, my father-figure person and my other enablers, Jarocha and Meche and I'm excited because tomorrow is visiting day, so I called them up and told them not to come for a month. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. Oh, yes ... I'm kinda sorta worried about Fela ... I think.
 

Holy Moley, you killed me Eli. I had to stop reading a few times to stop laughing.

Pablo is one insecure creepy guy so how is this endearing.

Poor Fela.

Contrite Ines is cuter than snarly Ines but don't let her be knocked up cause I want Mariano to come in and sweep her off her feet.

Oh, Eli, did I tell you this was prrrreeeeemooooo
 

Thanks Eli---I know that it wasn't a great show last night but I still liked it. How could I not? Maite was there.

Eli---I vote to bring on Emmy as part of the La Gata team.

Is Ines pregnant? I didn't think of that. Bad ass Ines the mother,
Garabato the father---Poor baby.

I have a question---So Gata has a new friend. Do all the wheel chair patients have to be young and pretty? Is Televisa trying for more male viewers?

Esta noche El Sil finds Blanca.
I'll be there.
the gringo


 

You may be on to something, gringo!
 

Thank you all for your comments!

Gringo, I'm going to force Emmy to watch this with me, because I don't think I can watch this show if I take it seriously and she makes observations that make me laugh.
 

I'll be there too, gringo. Well, I mean I would be even if I wasn't recapping. The avances actually made it look like something might happen!!

I really hope Fela gets home for good this time!
 

Eli-I loved your sister's observations! I almost wonder if we would all have more fun if we put up a discussion thread BEFORE the epsiodes airs and just post our comments as we watch!
 

Eli, that was hysterical. It's so good that you have family support to get you through this kind of thing!

I guess if there are 46 more episodes they might need to get a baby for Ines and break up Centavito and Virginia.

I need a drink. Does tequila go with eggnog?

 

Hi, Eli. Boy, what a rollicking recap!

I don't understand the whole treatment theory, or why Esme would get sucked into it. Cult, indeed.

I don't know what you and your sister do, but you could hire yourselves out to come to peoples homes and watch tns and make snarky comments.

Gringo, instead of volunteering to help with the massage therapy, I think we should try to spring Esme from that place and get her in with a doc who wants to cure her.

David


 

I hate to say it, but they might as well break up Centavito and Virginia. It's not like they've done much with them anyway.

I really wish the would give us a little more info on the Dorila/Centavito story.

Hey, was Dorila on our Anvil list? Does she deserve one?
 

At the very least, Dorila deserves to trip over an anvil while spying on someone.

Break up Centavito and Virginia? Never!

I watched the Gran Final of La Fea Mas Bella while chatting and it was hilarious, but being on West Coast time I was behind on all the jokes :)
 

Drat. I forgot about the time difference.
 

Right David---I'm not sure if either doctor want to help Esme. I think that they want to keep her there as long as they can. But
in all honesty I must say who could blame them? I would want to keep her there as long as possible myself.

David---We need some more action out of Augie. Did you send him another bottle of tequila or is he a bourbon or scotch guy? No matter, I think that Augie will drink just about anything. I would send him a bottle myself but I don't have his address since he moved into that small apartment.
the gringo
 

Esme joined a cult ?

Is she that weak of a heroine ? LOL.
 

Steve, I know you meant it as a joke, but I still think the answer to the question is "yes." (Though I feel terrible about it!)
 

Gringo, I sent Augie a case of vodka which I repackaged in empty lemonade jugs. That way no one will smell it on his breath. Had it sent overnight delivery.

David
 

Eli, girl, love, love, loved it!

I'm pretty much speechless til my recap day, but that's ok. . .with this recap you more than got it covered! Thank you!
 

Eli--Yesss!!!
Loved your recap, thanks so much. I can't comment from my work computer so I just sort of boil over until I can get home.

I was touched by Ines' truthful assessment of her life and how she ended up in jail. Now, does anybody remember that her DADDY may be in the same jail? Recall the very first episode? Eh?

J in Oregon
 

J--me, me, me! I was surprised the boys never ran into him while they were there...assuming it's the same place. It definitely looks like the same place, but it seems like they keep the men and women apart. I would have thought a father-daughter reunion would be the reason for Ines going to jail.
 

Eli, thanks for letting your sister join in the fun so you could give us this great recap. Now that we're living Esme's surreal life along with her and her peeps, it's good to have guidance along the way.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder