Tuesday, June 23, 2015

New Telenovela: Yo No Creo En Los Hombres/ I Have No Faith In Men


"Yo No Creo En Los Hombres/ I Have No Faith In Men" replaces Que Te Perdone Dios on July 13th and that's in the 10PM Eastern time slot.  [FYI: it won 7 premios for acting and directing at the 2015 awards.  So, although it is another in a long and seemingly endless list of refritos Univision chooses to serve up, this could be another diamond in the rough.  Could be...... as a telenovela taken from a Caridad Bravo Adams novel (one of Martai and my favorites!) whose screenplay is written by Aída Guajardo (nominated for best screen adaptation). Some familiar and strong actors are in this one:  Flavio Medina,  Rosa María Bianchi, Azela Robinson, Alejandro Comacho for a few.  Gabriel Soto and Adriana Louvier (Best Actress 2015 Premios) are the two leads in this one.]  
~~~~~~
Maria Dolores is a beautiful young woman of small means and greatly idealistic. She is also a contender and has the strength to get ahead when faced with adversity.  She is a seamstress who exists within a sphere in which men surround her. (We, fortunately, can expect at least one or two will be a rotten lowlife.)   With her job, Maria Dolores supports her mother, Esperanza, herself, and her sister, Clara.  Maria Dolores’s boyfriend is Daniel.  His life, however, is not a bed of roses.  Daniel turns out to be rich, but is passing himself off as a poor man in order not to feel ashamed in light of his social class and above all, his mother, Ursula, who’s the matriarch of the Santibáñez family and prejudiced against the poor.  (Grrrrrrr!)  Ursula’s children, Daniel and Maleny, were trained to inveigle and maneuver rich people, the first being designer Ivana Duval, heiress and owner of a large (and no doubt successful) company; the second is Max Bustamonte, an attorney, who follows the law to the letter.  (Gotta love those straight arrows, frustratingly  dense as they usually are.)



Fate arranges for Maria Delores to meet Max at a police station in the city after the death of her father.  When her father is murdered tragically during a robbery, Maximiliano Bustamante, an attractive and honest attorney, offers to help her.   Even though there is a strong attraction between them, both have their significant others, i.e., Daniel Santibañez, and his sister to whom Max is about to get married.  Maleny Santibañez, is a rude young socialite and a spoiled brat who is also arbitrary and unpredictable.  Truth be told, Maleny does not love Max, being solely interested in his money.  At the same time she’s cheating on him with Ari, her tennis coach.  (Need we say more?)  Therefore, Maria Delores will come up against numerous obstacles along the way and what she must do battle with and against is her not trusting in men.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
There will be at least one and possibly more recapping opportunities here depending on people's changing schedules. If you're interested please contact me here or Melinama at caray at mappamundi... per the note at the bottom of the orange column at the left of the page.
 

Been looking forward to this one for a while. It's a terrible time slot for me and I'll always be behind, but it's good to know there will be recaps and comments to read.
 

hi, Jardinera...I don't recognize the actors, but I will give it a try.
 

This was my favorite telenovela of the year. The stories build for the first month or so and then the pacing starts getting faster. It's like a rollercoaster. I love the cast, everybody has their chance to shine at one point and even those who start weak get to prove themselves later on. The begining is solid but not particularly special, it's sort of a surprise how good it gets.

But I don't want to overhype it, because it's not very colorful and it gets dark, raw and depressing and I know it will put off and anger some while watching.

Jarocha
 

Jarocha- I saw a trailer and it did indeed look dark. I am honestly on the fence a out it. I hate to miss it because it was so highly praised, but I am unsure because I'm just can't handle depressing anymore. And then there's the amazing cast. I hate to miss Azalea's performance. And Fabiola Guajardo was good in DQTQTQ, so I want to see her as well.
 

I've seen this title pop up a lot over the past year, so I'm guessing this is one of the better TNs? Sounds good. Traditional, but, Jarocha, I'm willing to believe your "hyped" review. I hated Fabiola Guajardo in DQTQTQ, but she was a villain, so I guess that's a good thing. And after Flavio Medina's performance in AB, I'm totally willing to see him again.
 

Oh and this one is short. 120ish episodes?
 

Comment bomb.

And I always find Alejandro Camacho mesmerizing.
 

What time is this one airing?
 

Hi everyone!

This is a TERRIFIC telenovela. Dark, yes, but really in the end- hugely satisfying. A great job by a super ensemble cast.

It should also be noted that it pretty much swept the 'Favoritos del Publico' awards, as voted by fans.

Also, as someone noted, it IS (comparatively) short- 121 episodes.

Enjoy the ride, everybody! :-)
 

This tn was very good it is dark but very interesting to watch and the cast was very good to and it was short
 

And this is one novela where I was left wanting more, instead of feeling like the story had run it's course.

Jarocha
 

Cathyx, this one is taking the place of Que Te Perdones Dios so it's the last time slot of the night - 10/9c I think. It airs at 9 my time. I'm on MDT.

I'm looking forward to this one because I just want QTPD to be over. I'm excited to see Gabriel Soto and Flavio Medina again.
 

I saw an advance notice about this while I was watch la sombra, I think I'll like this one. Is flavio Medina a good guy In this one? We'll see. The story does sound juicy.
 

Well, we will have 4 slots open. M,T,W, Th. It's wide open now.
 

I just want to say that if Jarocha gives it a thumbs up then it's well worth sticking around for. Thanks, Jarocha! The 10/9 slot needs something meaty for a change.
Glad to see a lot of you I haven't chatted with for a while! I'm not that familiar with some of the younger actors, myself. However, the cast got raves and generally a Sra. Adams's works are always worth the price of admission.
 

YNCELH is actually a true story that Caridad Bravo Adams turned into a telenovela. It's based on the life of a woman that Ms. Adams interviewed and decided to write a story about (and about the life of others this woman told her about), so it is her darkest one ever, although she did add the love story. This version has alot of Aida Guajardo, the writer in charge of the adaptation, she also adapted Para Volver A Amar and she is a very good writer. She adds so much of her style and stories to the novela but she does get to the main events of the original story, only changing enough to make some circumstances believable for this day and age.

Jarocha
 

YNCELH is a great story.Not because its a Caridad Bravo A. masterpiece it has a great cast.The adaptor Aida Guajardo did a good job.We are only 16 episodes old in Kenya and it has the highest ratings at its 10pm timeslot(which we will share).
Scenes fall into place and great directing.
I kind of like the three leads,AL,GS and FM.
 

I really really would like to recap but the timeslot is 'cough cough' frustrating not only for us recappers but for the viewers & commenter's. I haven't watched the show enough but I did find it to be dark & nice. My first priority after Que Te Perdone was to recap A Que No me Dejas Corazon ( A novela starring Camila Sodi , Osvaldo Bonavides as galans and Leticia Calderon as the villain) . Now I am a bit confused,. I never watched Amor En Silencio( QDC's predcessor) but Lety is one of my favorite actors ever.

Although Yo No Creo has already been seen in Mexico so I might pick Yo no Creo since it took 2 years to get into US.
 

Fix: One Year not Two Years.
 

Oh my gosh. I want to recap this one only because the primer actors Rosa Maria Bianchi, Alejandro Camacho, and Azela Robinson started in my favorite old school novelas: La Mentira, Cuna de Lobos and El Manantial respectively.

I don't recognize the protas but having those three people with gravitas will make me watch. I can only commit to Fridays though because of my work schedule. And yes, Alejandro Camacho is a joy to watch. I didn't know he still did novelas.
 

Yeah Alejandro looks quite handsome in this one ! I did enjoy him in Abismo De Pasion although it was only briefly.
 

When you say it Is dark what do you mean by
That? Is the story like sombra in the way the
Good guys are abused? Im going to watch, I just want to know about this darkness that you speak of.

Thank you!

Nina
 

I see that we're going to have Flavio Medina & Adriana Louvier from QA on this one, going to be interesting to see how Flavio goes psycho in this one like he did on QA!


 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder