Sunday, September 20, 2015

Antes muerta que Lichita: cast of characters

Sadly, Univision decided not to give us pictures and sketches of the minor characters.

Lichita, full name Alicia Gutierrez Lopez, (Maite Perroni) is sweet, intelligent, and very capable, though everyone considers her an invisible assistent. She is noble, talented, passionate about publicity, a hard worker at the advertising agency Icónika... but she's timid and sometimes very impulsive, which will get her spouting a lot of lies. She's convinced she deserves a raise, but no matter how hard she tries, all she gets to do is serve coffee and make photocopies. But that's all going to change.


Roberto Duarte (Arath de la Torre) is handsome, astute, intelligent, enterprising, a charismatic seducer. A good man, he has a noble heart capable of tenderness [I don't think "seducer" and "noble heart" go together - Ed.] He has the gift of gab and draws people in. He doesn't trust women much. Being so able, he's rapidly successful at Icónika. He has to lie and even rob, but he has a hidden, important reason for acting as he does. [In the preview I saw, he looks way too old for her - Ed.]


Sandra (Chantal Andere), the ad agency director, is made of iron, but those who know her intimately are aware she is a woman who needs love. Her nickname at the agency is "Gorilla" because she is as sweet as Tyrannosaurus Rex.


Luciana (Ingrid Martz) is arrogant, conceited, and sexy. She loves selfies. Appearance is everything with her. Educated in Argentina, she favors everything foreign, she doesn't consider herself to be cut from the same cloth as the pack of dogs in NacoLand. She's beautiful but bad as can be. She is Lichita's sworn arch-enemy.


Augusto de Toledo (Eduardo Santamarina) is thought by all to be the most exemplary husband and father. For him, appearance is everything. His ambition is limitless, but even greater is his Machiavellian malice. If this were a fairy tale, he would be the fearsome dragon! [Aww, that's too bad. I like him. - Ed.]


Magos (Sherlyn) is Alicia's sister. She is sexy and irresponsble, a real "Nini" [??}]. She left school when she was 15 and came home with a surprise - she was pregnant. Motherhood in no way helped her grow up; she is the eternal adolescent, and her daughter sees her more as a sister than a mom.


Ignacio Gutiérrez 'Don Nacho' (Manuel 'Flaco' Ibáñez is Lichita’s father, a taxi driver who loves Lichita to pieces. He blames his bad luck on others.


Elsa López de Gutiérrez (Sylvia Pasquel) is Ignacio's nice wife (Lichita's mom).


Labels: ,


Comments:
Jane, thank you so much!

I laughed and agreed with all your comments, particularly "I don't think "seducer" and "noble heart" go together".

I'm really looking forward to this. We have a dream recapping team and I know this will be great fun.

I wouldn't pick Arath de la Torre as the leading galan (as you noted he seems much older), but willing to give him a chance.

Great cast, particularly Eduardo, Manuel and Ingrid.

Diana
 

This is awesome, Jane. I always need to see the names and faces before a show starts. It helps me follow things in the early stages.

OT: Here's something I found on the wordreference forum about Nini:

los ninis (from “ni estudian, ni trabajan”—young people from age 16-34 who neither work nor study)

http://forum.wordreference.com/threads/generaci%C3%B3n-nini.2150391/

I'm really excited about watching this one.
 

While I've liked Maite Perroni in the past this haircut does nothing for her. Don't know if I'll have the energy to watch this one.
 

"los ninis (from “ni estudian, ni trabajan”—young people from age 16-34 who neither work nor study)"
This could be applied to Roxy and Gael in MIVAC.

 

Jane, thanks for the character descriptions, photos, and very insightful funny comments.

I am so looking forward to this because I am seriously in need of something silly, light might I even say shallow (not that there is anything wrong with that . . . . . ) and it sure looks like it will fill the bill since "Amores com trampa" is over.

Diana, I am with you in that even though Arath de la Torre seems too old I am willing to give him a chance. I am liking this cast. The previews have been cute.

Sara, thanks for the "ni ni" definition. Quite interesting.
 

Where are my manners?!? THANK YOU Blog Mom for the character profiles and synopsis!
 

Thanks for the ninny (heh) definition. I'm looking forward to this, haven't recapped for a long time.
 

Hahaha! Ninny! That works too!

Like Jarifa, I find myself preferring silly, light, shallow things to entertain me (Even the books I choose are fluffy.)

Jane, I feel like you, Jarifa and Marta are far more well-versed in the comedy genre. I am looking forward to learning to appreciate comedies even more with this show.
 

Sara, "Fluffy" I love that description!
 

Yay, I am looking forward to you recapping again, Jane. I luckily found your recaps of Alborada after surfing into it one fateful day 8 years ago.That was before you created caraycaray. Two of my alltime favorite lines are your "mystery boinker of Santa Rita" and "swelling in the humid zones" ow.

Ingrid Martz and Chantele Andere can play villains one loves to hate. I have not seen either of them in quite awhile. Chantele was deliciously wicked in Amor Real. I will give this one a go.

I have never seen the guy playing the galan, but as has been mentioned , an astute seducer seems to have little to do with honor.
 

I always love the adjectives used to describe these characters!

Okay, everyone who plans to watch think of five adjectives to describe yourself...they do not have to be accurate. You, too, can be both seductive and noble, thrifty and extravagant.
 

Oh boy, five adjectives. Nervous, sad, pessimistic, creative, funny. I have never seen that combination on Univision cast descriptions.
 

Could be great. We've got a primo recapping team and I'm already excited about our new word "ni..ni". I happen to know one. Or she will be as soon as she rumbles out of high school.
 

Jane...that combination of adjectives would , indeed, make for an interesting character!

I am still trying to select my five adjectives.

P.s. Since Chantele already has the nickname Gorilla, perhaps, one of the other characters could be Fluffy.
 

I'll have to go with blunt, contestona, sarcastic, loyal, brash.

(with a soupçon of lazy...well, more than a soupçon...)
 

Wow, Sara ...I love your adjectives. I am still contemplating being honest or being funny. My funny answer...flighty, flirty, witty, crafty, and honorably seductive. ...#6 lazy.

I once took a class in which we had to introduce ourselves with an adjective starting with the same letter as our first name. I chose sensible.
 

Wont play word games, but do want to compliment Jane on a great recap and especially the pictures of cast. I loved that. I have a feeling this tn will get better once Luchita 's transformation.
 

Apologies not recap, but an introduction is probably more like it.
 

Thank you, Jane! I think I'm going to give this one a try at the very least. I'm feeling more drawn towards the "fun" ones and I'd like to give Maite a chance to make me forget The Show That Shall Not Be Named!
 

I also think the galan looks too old for Lichita but the age difference in real life between them is only 8 years. The gray hair just makes him look a lot older than 40.

La Diva del Desierto, can you give me a hint as to what is The Show That Shall Not Be Named? I've only seen three TNs in my life and I'd like to watch more but I'd also like to avoid the bad ones! Thanks!

- J
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder