Saturday, August 20, 2016

Narcos Synopsis and Characters :Gran Estreno Monday, August 22 2016


Start Date and Time Slot: August 22nd, 10pm, replacing the 2nd hour of Tres Veces Ana for 2 weeks as the show only has 10 episodes.

If anyone desires to recap alongside me let me know in the comments below. You can also contact me at this email



Plot Summary: Set and filmed in Colombia, Season 1 tells the story of notorious drug kingpin Pablo Escobar, who became a billionaire through the production and distribution of cocaine, while also focusing on Escobar's interactions with drug lords, DEA agents, and various opposition entities.

Promo




Characters:

Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria (Wagner Moura)
 Pablo is a charming, intelligent and  powerful leader of the Medellin. He is also manipulative, impulsive and a family man to the end.




Horacio Carrillo (Maurice Compte)

A ruthless, sharp looking man with a large sense of determination to stop drug trafficing.



Steve Murphy( Boyd Holbrook)

Steve is an American DEA agent  determined to do the right thing but struggles very much in the Narco world. He is partnered with Javier Pena.




Gustavo Gaviria (Juan Pablo Raba)
Gustavo is  Pablo's cousin by blood but they are more like brothers. Gustavo is loyal, calm and crafty especially concerning business. He is not to be underestimated.

Javier Pena (Pedro Pascal)

Javier is a man of focus but that also comes with a fierce temper and sense of humor. (Trivia: The actor was also in Game of Thrones portraying Oberyn Martell)











Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Thanks for the synopsis, Countx. I still can't decide whether to watch this one - haven't seen this on Netflix, but heard good reviews. Your synopsis is certainly tempting me too, so I might give it a try!
 

I watched it on Netflix somewhat reluctantly but was finally won over. It is certainly violent but is also compelling. It also gives a good sense of the politics in Colombia in and around the drug trade. The actor who plays Escobar is excellent. Good luck deciding.
 

Thanks everyone!

Yes the show has a tendancy to be violent as is any other narco show. But so far I like it and can't wait for Season 2!

I am already writing recaps beforehand just in case of any abrupt cutting and censoring. I wouldn't expect it though as Netflix doesn't mess and would drown Loonyvision with lawyers.
 

Mess around*
 

Countx, thanks for the summary. Yet another narco TN doesn't appeal to me, but I like watching TN premieres so I'll check out the first episode.
 

I actually plan on watching this with my brother. AT first, I was worried about the commitment, but I think it being only 10 episodes is manageable.
 

Niecie, The Philippine TV drama, "FPJ's Ang Probinsyano" has a drug trafficking syndicate with corrupt politicians & PNP officers in their back pocket, which has been responsible for numerous deaths.

That show is on ABS-CBN Network.
 

I watched this last night, and I have to say it was reminiscent of Breaking Bad. I've been looking for something to replace my BB fix for awhile, so loving this TN already. It has all the action, drama, educational aspects, and sprinkle of humor that BB gave. Call me a dedicated watcher, I'll be tuning in for sure :)
 

Anna: Don't forget the corruption.
 

Gracias everyone!

Anna I hope you and your brother will enjoy this show! It's not really a TN though. But it is the very first time a Netflix exclusive aired on Loonyvision and it might pose for a great distraction until El Color De La Pasion airs.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder