Friday, November 04, 2016

A que no me dejas Episode 40 (11.4.16) The Tarot cards never lie. Funny. Everybody else does.

Happy day of the dead! (belated)

We start this episode with Nuria's wedding. She finally chose a dress with a slit in the back to get more room and expand since her belly was getting bigger and bigger every day. So much it grew, that by the time they signed the marriage contract her whole back was exposed.

Raquel, very loud so Gonzalo can hear, tells Alfonso that she has never seen Inés this happy now that she is getting divorced. Gonzalo's blood is probably boiling and as soon as Gastón leaves Inés alone to use the bathroom, he follows him to threat him, telling him that as long as he keeps close to his wife, he will never sign the divorce papers. 
-I know your intentions, get away from Inés or else!
-She is not your wife anymore- replies MacDreamy.
-I am your worst enemy. I can end your career. 
-I am not afraid of you.
-I am not repeating myself, sí me entiendes, verdad? Get away from my wife!
-She is no longer yours, face it!

Outside in the ballroom, Little Mau gets all the attention and Nuria gets jealous. Why am I not surprised? She takes Leonel's hand and goes to dance, while Paulina takes the little boy and start another dance group with Camilo somewhere else.


Spain (corner with Luxemburgo)

Adrián gets home tired, and now with Oddette out of the picture, Almudena tiene el campo libre (has the field free) and waits for him awake to offer him something to eat.
-What? Asks the unibrow galán -paella, pavada, chorizo, jamón?
-No! -replies the cantaora- something from your neck of the woods, cochinita pibil. Remember? Your land, your roots, your spices. We are now your spanish family.

Back in Quintana Roo, Mónica and Elisa talk about Nuria's wedding while enjoying a delicious café con leche. 
-Today the witch got married and Gonzalo asked me to go away with him and the kids.
-Well, papelito habla (papers first) -answers granny big shoes.
-Paulina has been seeing the kids and she told me her parents were getting a divorce.
-Well, when that happens, I will go to ELEI with your aunt Malenita, she has always insisted I go over there with her. Since you will no longer need me, right? I mean, you will be forming your own family, why stay here? We'll see each other on holidays.

Back at the wedding of the millennial, Raquel praises Nuria on her looks telling her that she looks divine, and Leonel looks gorgeous. Where are you going on honeymoon?

-Europe- replies the bicoloreyed girl.

Raquel notices the slip exposing Nuria's back, and immediately puts 2+2 together. Inés, here between consuegras, don't you see Nuria's belly a little, how can I say it politely... swollen? I think she is preggers. 
Nah! maybe is the seafood, she is allergic... OK, now that we are family, I can tell you the truth. She is, but Gonzo doesn't know.
-BTW, have you seen how he looks at you -adds Raquel-, he might have given you the divorce but looks like he is still in love with you!
-A little too late don't you think?

Somewhere else, men talk about something totally different than what women talk.
Alfonso and Camilo speculate that Gonzo is trying to build a new hotel in Chetumal. 
-Oh, now I get it. No la brinca sin huarache (doesn't jump without sandals), this is why he bought Mónica a house there and was planning on moving all along.

Karen and Flavio's table has another issue to talk about. Jealousy. 
Flavio has noticed (or maybe is all in his mind) that Arile is near by and wants to go home so nobody sees Karen. RED Alert! He tells her he has a headache, and since Karen is having a good time, takes out her bottle of aspirin and offers him two. So besides of being a rapist he is insecure too? What a little jewel (qué joyita!)

Its been a lot of surprising lately for Oddette. First Spain and now Darío's life.
When she gets to Playa Linda she finds Darío very upset because of what she did, because that upset Julieta and Jaime too. He thinks she should go and apologize.

-No I won't, not after what the crazy woman did to me, let's finish the partnership with them!
-Are you crazy too? -replies her brother- if we and Jaime's partnership we will lose a lot of money. Why don't you buy your share and leave us alone? I rather lose you than him. Oh, and Gisela is living with me now, so you can stay here only for a brief period of time while you find another place to live. I am not going to change my plans just because yours failed! Oh Snap!

I don't know what time it is here in Quintana Roo, but in "Spain", is nighttime. After the succulent cochinita en axiote that Remedios, Triana's mother prepared for him, Adrián tells them that Jaime called to say that Julieta was better. Nothing like a strong coffee and a tarot reading to settle the food we just had. Let me read the cards and see what they have in store for you. Part them in half and then in half again.

Then the old woman with a fake accent spread the cards on the table and starts flipping them over one by one:
Your sister won't get better, solitude will be hard for you.
You have a son, or daughter, and if you don't have already you will.
You will have success and a lotta money.
Love will knock at your heart doors again...
And while seeing the disbelief in the guy's eyes, she adds, the cards never lie, unlike everybody else here. Trust the cards, not the people.

Back in Quintana Roo, in the newlyweds house that is still not a home, Nuria reproaches Leonel for lying about his parents, or in this case, his mother. 
-I had the right to know before I got married to make a well informed decision (yeah right) and because I hate to see that woman as the grandmother of my son.
-It's not my son -replies Leonel pretty angry-, I am not stupid, remember that night when you wanted to sleep with me, well, I didn't. You were so drunk you didn't even noticed it. Then after that, when we actually did it, I used protection!
-Condoms break, in case you didn't know! argues Nuria.
-Well, let's go see the doctor and find out how many weeks old is "your" baby!

In another part of town, Paulina and Camilo remember how little Mau stole all the attention form Nuria, and how he danced and pretended he was playing an instrument. ----I wanna see him happy every day, maybe he can be a musician some day.
-I feel safe with you and I am sure little Mau feels the same way, and the baby who is coming... adds her.
-If its a girl she will be named Valentina. 
-Yes, because you have been very valiente (Brave). Then they kiss.

Across the ocean, like he is feeling that kiss, Adrián can not study and/or concentrate, or maybe is because of the tarot reading, the daughter, the love, the open heart's door.

-I will never love anybody the way I loved Paulina, not even when the cards said it.

Back with the newlyweds, Nuria argues she was a virgin when she slept with Leonel.
-I am not stupid, eres una loba muy lampareada, in other words, your kid could come out walking out of you.
-Why did you got married then?
-Because I love you, I felt sorry with your family knowing that you were pregnant from "Gods knows who" and I had to endure your moods. I will be the father of your son, because I dont want that when he grows feel ashamed of you, like I do of my own mother. -Leonel, don't go -said Nuria crying after he slammed the door on his way out.

See how he turned everything on Nuria? Thats the way you do it! Kaboom!

Three weeks later

Meanwhile in the Murat residence, Inés is visited by Nuriel and Paumilo, they just got here from their honeymoon. Beto will get the heavy baggage. Nuria said that she couldn't help but buying everything she saw and her dear husband never said no to her and pampered well.
-Our trip was marvelous, so much that I even got pregnant, can you imagine? I got pregnant during the honeymoon, isn't that wonderful? I will give you your first grandson!
-Ay ajá -said EVERYBODY!

The Olmedos can't catch a break either, and Darío tells them that Odette will not sell, so we better get used to work all together despite all the friction. She will keep working with us, Julieta won't speak to her, everything will be chaos!

-But she will be your neighbor- said Gisela- who just saw Oddette moving across the street from them. I know where she lives and it is the same block. 

Let's see how Oddette and Juliette are doing when they see each other face to face.

-It was your fault I lost Adrián. I just wanted to help you -said the skittles woman.
-I don't need allies! Adrián got you out of his life and you lost him forever. I will get him back because he is my brother, but you, never!! Over my dead body!
-Nobody will take the pleasure from me and I am going to see you alone like you deserve.

Then candidly Camilo confides Paulina that he already knew Nuria was preggo, she told your father and I overheard as I usually do.
-Now how will I tell my parents about our baby? I am going to have to wait lets say, two weeks or until Nuria finishes her parades and all the hoopla she is having about hers.
That will surely alter the timing.
-We can always say is premature -adds Camilo- after all what a little lying could damage, right?
Little Mau arrives and gets their attention, and they communicate with hand signals that soon all know you will have a little brother.

Meanwhile at the Office where Gonzalo suppose to sign the divorce papers... 
Alfredo and Inés, wonder why Gonzalo has not arrived, we gave him the citation, didn't we? Asks Inés. Yes, and he sure be here by now because he didn't mention otherwise. 

Little did they know that Gonzalo was lying in Chetumal...
Gonzalo took Mónica with lies, to the secret place were he and the kids planned the wedding.
-I am legally divorced and I will marry you Mónica -Gonzalo said. 
-Say yes- scream René and Alan, say yes mom!
Turns out Dad and the kids prepared this surprise. Im sure is as fake as the one that Eugenio Derbez did for Victoria Ruffo, but hey, he is a comedian and that was his way to show the bride just "how funny" he was!

Voilá! Fake it is, I just saw Sebastián or juaréver his achichincle is, serving as a judge.
Congratulations! Now your'e finally our dad's wife! -scream the kids. 

-We want to be here while dad is building our hotel- they add. 
-And your business in PE?-asks the foolish dreamy bride.
-I will keep coming and going, but we can live in the house we have here already. And after I talk to the "judge" we will go eat seafood. 

Sebastián gets a handful of dollars and exclaim: Your wished are my command, sir.

Meanwhile back in Port Hope, Alfonso can not believe what Patricia said. Gonzalo is away, Patricia doesn't know where, but he failed to show up to sign. We are going to have to send him another citation, do you think he is backing up? Asks a worried Inés. 
-Why he didn't notified us, could be another of his lies. We now him con-mother in law.

In the house of her dreams, Nuria and Leonel are having problems.
-Chikis trikis you are a great actress.
-You never made love to me in all this time...
-Well, I need a shower and go back to work, besides, I won't touch you as long as the baby is inside you. I don't want to hurt him. You know that I don't like making love to pregnant women, so as soon as you have it I will have sex with you again. 
-Make me happy, -said Nuria- so you can keep your job and place in the Murat enterprises.

At school, Acacia, Nuria's BFF or while the interests allow, finds out the hard way that her cardex (notes report) is showing the wrong notes. She was sure she was going to be the only one in the honor roll and now that place has Nuria's name. This is impossible! thinks the girl, but thanks to a flashback we get it. Sebastián, from all the good students that school should have, has to choose precisely Nuria's friend, who is now very pissed.

In other turn of events, Paulina, who is now working for Omar in the restaurant, won the contest and now they will be the hosts to the annual event for the publicists. Omar is very happy and tells Paulina to put the batteries on, so she can make a good impression. 
-Thanks for working here- said her boss.
-No, thanks for giving me the opportunity of helping you...

Meanwhile in Flavios place, he is complaining to Karen that he lost the contest. He is very upset and to make matters worse, Karen tells him that Paulina won. And to think that she just entered the contest. This is beginner's luck!
-Or is it? 
Karen is happy but Flavio thinks she copied it. 
-Maybe you told her about my ideas? -asks the man.
-I never saw it -replies Karen.
-Yes you did, I had it here I am sure you saw my files!

In her residence, Inés tells Gastón that Gonzalo didn't sign the divorce. 
-Maybe I am the one to blame. 
He then confesses Gonzalo's threat. He was upset seeing us together. I can not believe he did that. Maybe is true. 
-I am sorry, I feel pain having you in the middle of all this -said Inés. 
-I dont care, is all good when it comes to your life and happiness, said the handsome practician.

Later on, after Gastón leaves, Raquel chats with Inés, who feels sorry for Gastón because Gonzalo threatened him to not sign the divorce papers if he kept being near little Mau and me. 
-And I think Gonzalo is right... said Raquel.
-You think I am interested in Gastón, after 27+ years married do you think I am interested? That is the last thing on my mind right now!
-Well, he is handsome, that would be wonderful! You have to remake your life with him or with anybody else! At Nurias wedding I told you, Gonzalo was jealous and when you danced with the doctor he was howling with pain like a wounded wolf.
Even if he doesn't give you the divorce, he wont stop you from living your life like you were already divorced. Prove him that you don't care anymore.
-No! I can't do that- said Inés-, I will wait until he signs the papers to do the right thing.
- Ay co-mother! He doesn't show up, and doesn't explain, what would you do?

Animal lovers cookies
Mónica and Gonzalo make a toast. 
-I did it for you - said Gonzalo.
-Thanks, now I will be a respectable woman and my kids will respect me. 
-Lets concentrate in our marriage. Gimme cookie!


You're the song that fills my silences up
Camilo takes Paulina blindfolded to a secluded area for a romantic dinner.
- Wow, wow, is all she can say... what are  we celebrating?
-That you won the contest for Omar's restaurant and that is great, this is the least I can do for you!
-Camilo, you are the best! 
I didn't know Amandititita played sax too, but she is here with the live music.

-Let's dance!
-As you wish...

Labels:


Comments:
Hi amigowz, welcome to my latest recap. All comments are answered and taken into consideration! Thanks for stopping by!
 

I knew Monica would fall for the bait. What a dimwit! I can't wait until she realizes it's all a farce. I do not pity her AT ALL! It's crazy how she acts like marrying Gonzalo is such a prize...girl, the joke's on you! Those poor kids, though, when they realize what a tool their father is.

Interesting that Leonel finally admitted to Nuria that he knows about the baby. Yet of course, he still lies about the reason for accepting things the way they are. I'm interested to see where this goes and how it all blows up in both of their faces.

Flavio is so terrible. I wonder if Leonel's now ex-roommate might be a potential love interest for Karen in the future? Hopefully Karen does not get too hurt by Flavio, but I see a full blown abusive situation occurring. She might also be more likely to stay because she has stated that she has been left before and feels alone. Poor woman!

That last scene between Paulina and Camilo was pretty romantic. I loved the live music. It really set the scene. I haven't really been that invested in this show but I am interested to see how this thing with Paulina, Camilo, and Adrian pans out.

Thanks for the recap!
 

Thanks so much, Pablo!

I am totally rooting for the adorable family of Pau, Camilo, Mau, and soon to be baby Valentina. Adrian can stay in Spain forever as far as I care. I'll root for him when he becomes proactive, and I do believe he should know about his baby girl on the way, other than through tarot cards. ;)

The Gonz just finds new ways each episode to sink to new lows. Yes, Monica is a fool, but who would think a guy would arrange a whole fake wedding? How does he plan to pull this off? Even living in two towns, he's a high profile guy. People are going to know about his two wives.

So, Leo's mom was a single mother and he was born out of wedlock. He did a good job of turning that whole thing around on Nuria. I was surprised he still lied about loving her, but guess he still wants to hold some cards to play later. She's not going to believe it once she has the baby and he still doesn't want to touch her.

Karen- DANGER, girl! Flavio is flashing all kinds of crazy flags.

I'm enjoying the little war between Odette and Juli. Hope they take each other out.

And from the last episode, how awful that Chelo's abuser turns out to be Beto's sperm donor. Ugh!
 

Great work, Pablo.

I knew Gonzalo would never marry Monica and this is so much worse. She is going to feel like such a fool when she finds out. What I'd love to see is Monica and Ines getting together to take him to the cleaners and find good men. Maybe Gaston has a brother.

Karen's life is in danger; Flavio is a psycho. She needs to get away from him ASAP.

Did you spell the Bunnyboiler's name as "Oddette" on purpose? She is odd... and crazy.
 

OT Announcement:

This series will have an episode on Tuesday afternoon. All the primetime ones will be pre-empted.
 

Thanks.

Oddette's credit is not mine, I did it as an homage to Princess Juju, who called her that in episode 10. Someone remarked how well it fitted her and I liked it. Yes, she and her skittles outfits are odd.

I just wanna see how tall Paulina makes this house of cards before Adrián comes back to take it down. You know the saying, the higher they are the harder they fall...
 

Paulina would probably be OK for a long time if Adrian stayed away. However, her life will be turned on its head when/if he returns.
 

Thank you, Pablo! Lord, have mercy! What won't the Gonz do? I just don't know what to call him: jerk, twisted puppet master, what a cynical, abusive user he is! He knows Ines is as decent as he is perverse and so put on the pretty show for her and the kids about being all humble and contrite and now plans to keep her in limbo while he refuses to complete the divorce proceedings all the while fooling door mat Monica. I feel for his sons. These writers haven't let much dust settle on lies and double-crosses, hopefully this one will come to light soon. Is bigamy punishable with prison time in Mexico? If it gets too hot for Gonz, he will have no trouble faking his own death and running off to the US. . . .or "Spain."

I don't dislike Paulina but I don't like her either. What she did to Adrian on what he thought was the happiest day of his life was totally unnecessary. Instead of going to him with the papers and the threat from Julieta, she goes running to Camilo and now is trying to fall back in love with him. Let him keep her! Maybe Adrian seems spineless and easily led around by the nose by crazy women but I like him better than Paulina and I want to see him happy. I know it's not going to happen but it would be good to see something develop between him and Trinia or whatever her name is.

Flavio is frightening! The way he pulled her down hard on the chair, tried to cover her shoulders with whatever that was and then even yanked her again to stop her from swaying and grooving to the music! This is the kind of guy that would murder a woman if she tried to leave him or "besmirched his honor". He's already made inroads into her self concept, esteem and sense of initiative. I'm afraid for her!

Thank you, Pablo! I'm loving this show and thanks Urban for letting us know we won't be pre-empted!




 

Lila- It's not technically bigamy if the paperwork was never filed. The judge, witnesses, and paperwork were all fake. The Gonz did something low-down, but not technically a crime.

ITA about Flavio. I fear it's already too late. Even if Karen were to break up with him right now, he's the kind of guy who doesn't take no for an answer. He's the kind who turns into a stalker and believes the philosophy of "if I can't have you, no one can!"
 

Pablo, muchas gracias!!

"See how he turned everything on Nuria? That's the way you do it. Kaboom!"
"Candidly Camillo tells Pau that Nuria had already told Gonzo about her pregnancy because he overheard, as he usually does."------Were two of my favorites from several.

I am behind on watching and on reading recaps. I couldn't stop reading yours even. after I realized I jumped ahead because, well, I just couldn't cause your recap was so delish. I will go back to read the older recaps so I can find out what happened between Juliette/Oddette and who Triana is.

Things I fear: Karen's well being. Flavio was over the top charmer, but is really a rapist and no doubt an abuser. Also when Gonzo finds out the Chetumal house is not theirs to occupy because its been sold behind his back.

I would normally be hoping that Adrian and Pau were end game, but Camillo has really won me over and I really don't want him to be hurt even though he went all in knowing the risks.

Pablo, I am curious what Derbez did to Victoria Ruffo, the mother of his son? And I will google Almandititia.

Thanks again, it was great!
 

Let me guess: Monica fell for the stupid trick!

 

Leticia: The Gonz still a JERK!


 

Thanks!

people is still polarized about that fake wedding Ms Ruffo claim Derbez had with her.
I guess we will never know the truth, because she said he did lied to her with a pretend wedding and he still insists that he didn't. Anyway, the product of that union was José Eduardo, but when I saw Gonzalo marrying Mónica with a fake judge, I couldn't help but remember Derbez...
 

Wow, thanks for explaining Pablo. I couldn't imagine that happening to Victoria Ruffo. Who knows what really happened but either way, imho, I wouldn't doubt it, don't like him. Sorry to Derbez fans out there.
Maybe that is why she is such a great crier, I have missed her and hope to see her in another top role soon.
 

Thanks, Vivi! I guess part of me can't believe it was a fake wedding! I've never seen this ploy before! It would be nice if Monica blew a major gasket and put a serious hurting on the Gonz. Again. I really feel for the boys!
 

Thank you, Pablo. Great recap as always! Im so happy Dario told Odette to take a hike. She disappeared and then when everything backfired she came back making demands. Wtf.

Im all for Camilo/Paulina and Triana/Adrian. It woild be refreshing to see that you can have more than one true lo love. Or you can love more than one person profoundly and that doesnt erase your previous relationships but you learn to move on and give someone else an opportunity.

Im sure Adrian and Paulina will see each other again but we'll how they handle it now that their circumstances are different.

Now that everything is out in the open woth leonel and Nuroa they will become, I assume, a force to be reckoned with. Omg Ines pretending to be shocked at the pregnancy news. LOL!

Karen needs to get out from under Flavio soon. That guy is such an insecure pain.
 

Alfie- Flavio is more than just a pain. He's dangerous. Karen needs to get some pepper spray, a taser, better locks, and a security camera, ASAP. Then she needs to break up with him with witnesses present.
 

She also needs a restraining order and a new address.
 

Unfortunately, a restraining order can't be issued until he actually does something, and really doesn't stop a determined psycho. And her home is right above her business/boutique. Not easy to change.
 

This is going to be an ugly dance between Flavio and Karen: she has already begun tolerating and defending the violation of her boundaries and freedoms to Pau and, more dangerously, to herself. This is probably going to end very sadly! :/
 

Here's hoping that there's a white knight in her future.
 

Pablo, this was a good recap thank you. Gonz is a gigantic turd. Just what monica deserves, to bad she brought the kids into it.
Now that her and the clown are happily fake
Married, they'll live fake happily ever after.
And this is what happens when you steal someone elses husband. Which by the way Is not a great lose in this case . When are these people going to realize what goes around will Come back around changed for the worse.

This is going to turn out to be such a mess.
Especially with adrian & pauly. And monica &
Gonzo the gigantic turd clown. I feel sorry for
The kids in that mess, their surrounded by stupid Adults. Somebody is going to die in this scenario.

Nuria is pathetic. What makes leonel tick?

Paulina and that web of lies shes weaved Is not Good. Gonna leave a path of broken hearts.
I know adrian isn't the smartest galan, but Im
Sorry for him. His sister really pushed him of a cliff with that blackmail scheme. He was so heartBroken. Maybe its just me but I really just want the lovers to be together and have their happy ending.
I like camilo, but not for paulina, and see, hes
Gonna get hurt thanks to the "one that flew over the cookoo's nest" and crashed into it meddling.
All these lies cause destruction, but it would't
Be a tn/soap without all this lying, misplaced
Baby daddys, murderous family members &
Cheating, and All out nastiness. Don't cha just love a good love story.

Thanks Pablo.
 

Pablo, I hope karen's not the one that ends up dead. It'll be her or crazyboo she got hooked up with. Or one of his other victims.
 

Thanks for all your comments.

Since I am not rooting for any of these characters, I am here just waiting until the second season arrives to see what interesting things will bring, hopefully more than this!
 

We're about 30 episodes short of the middle so we'll see what happens.
 

Thirty episodes? And theres a second season? Im not familiar with the seasonal tv
Shows of telenovelas do we wait until next year or how does work?
 

Nina- We will get the seasons back to back, with no break in between. This is not a typical format for telenovelas, but this is a special one. Instead of one continuous story that last 140 capitulos like normal, there will be a distinct change in the story after around 70 capitulos or so.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder