Monday, January 30, 2017

A que no me dejas Episode 98 (1.30.17) In Dejaland, lies are blatantly suffocating any remaining hint of a speck of precious scarce truth.

"Between yesterday and tomorrow there is more than a day,
between truth and lies, between true and false, there is also the "alternative facts" 


Deceit

Valentina has been flashbacking for the whole weekend. She thinks about serial liar René and all their memories together rush back to her head. Oh, if she could turn back time!

Meanwhile, in the Murat residence, Micaela helps Raquel getting dressed to go to the foundation and Raquel wants her gray tahitian pearls but the little red jewelry box, along with all the other jewel boxes, are completely empty. Alzheimer is probably making her forget that she has forgotten where she put them last time she used them, or maybe Mr. Gonzalo have them in the safe- Anyway. 
-Tomorrow we can ask Florencia the nurse- says Mica. 
-Yes. In this house nobody steals. 
-No, no that I know of.

By the fountain, Nuria and Chelo argue about Tobías. Nuria came to get some documents and didn't miss the chance to hurt Consuelo emotionally. Chelo only wants her to leave her boy alone. Nuria blackmails her throwing half of Schrodinger's cat out of the box.

-If you convince Micaela to tell me what I want, what a really really want, to know, I will leave your son alone!
-And what is that you want to know so badly? -asks the maid.
-Find out! Tell me and I will do as you wish. I swear!
I didn't get to see her fingers, but I am sure she had them crossed.

Consistent (door gag)*
René has finished "diving class" with Carolina. She suspects Mauricio has the "amor en silencio" bug, since he is silently in love with Valentina. 
-I knew it- he replies- He hitted me because he is jealous. 
-Yes. He was about to confess his love when you arrived with her.

And speaking of Mauricio, he is with Gonzalo. He came to tell him that René just broke up with Valentina, who is with Fernanda getting some words of breath (palabras de aliento). In that moment, as always, the door opens to let Mauricio out and 0svaldo comes in with his friend the ex policeman now PE.
Gonzalo shows him the pictures of all the women in red that attended the wedding and are now suspects number 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 persons of interest.
-I am looking for the accomplice of the assassin of my daughter Paulina. Maybe one of them was with Julieta Olmedo.
-It's been almost 20 years but I will do my best. Be patient.

Verifiable
Nuria, who is more wicked than Félix thought, gives him instructions and the keys to break in Gonzalo's house. He asks why the keys and those are only to make things easier and speed up the process. Because after that anyway, he has to break the locks to make believe that the thief didn't have the keys and was being helped by an insider. Men are from Mars. He thinks she only makes things more complicated! Only when they kiss, they feel like they're from the same planet.

Leonel gets a visit from his business adviser who has bad news and worse news. He tells him that all his stocks and investments in Europe fell down and he is almost broke. Well, not to be overdramatic here, he still has money from other businesses, but he needs liquidity. In other words, Money ASAP and mucho, por favor! To pay René and buy his shares, he needs the money right now and demands a date, a specific date from the guy so he can make his moves. Sorry Charlie, no can do, with this things dates are impossible to guess.
He is sneaky and snakey and no matter how, he will get the money to buy them, so his brain gears start working looking for a way to scam somebody.

Alternative fact
Almudena, welcome to the liars club.
She tells Alexis that since she is hurt, she needs her new friend Alan who is also a chef, to cover for her with his help. Like with Cyrano, she will pretend she is cooking while Alan will do the hard work behind her. Alexis hesitates at first but then complies to his sister "bright idea". All she wanted was not to lose her job when Renugenio found out, but even when Rana René is not working there anymore, they keep ahead with this halfbrain plan. Juaréver.

-What did you "give him" in exchange for him doing all your work? -asks the hunk in a seemingly playful but undeniable assumption that she offered him sexual favors. 
-Nothing! -she replied jokingly- as if that was something she is used to by now.

Alan, on the other side, tells Fernanda about the incident, and she says that she will make her practices here, so she will leave with him to LA, pick up all her stuff and come back.
I am sure that after Alan covers for Almudena, he will have to stay here too so the foursome stay together so they can swing more than Tarzan in his vines.
Fernanda then adds (TMI) that between Valentina and René there was no sexual relations. Then she adds MORE! (WTMI) He suffers ED! AND NOTHING CAN REVERSE IT!

Misunderstanding
She got it from her dad Camilo!
Wanna guess who overheard when Gonzalo was being asked by René, about his shares from the Hotel? 
Let's see. René was demanding his share of the company after he did his part of the deal but Gonzalo can not give him that because he has to follow the right protocol and this things are not pizzas. They can not be ready in less than 30 minutes! 
Gonzalo has to summon the whole entourage of attorneys, notary and associates oh my!

OK. So Valentina overhears only what she needs to hear and now she thinks that all this scheme was Gonzalo's idea to take her apart from the man she loves, and she starts hating him again even more, sasquash!
She storms into the office and confronts Gonzalo, implying that this is Paulina and Adrian all over again.
No deja vu, no accident, nor destiny. Simply put, Gonzalo's hand is again rocking the cradle.

Truish-I am protecting you from this scum! -said Gonzalo- this is for your own good. I found out he was taking advantage of you.

-You haven't changed a bit -she replies.

All the time while the big fight is taking place, René silently moves his head in consent every time Valentina spurs out something that make Gonzalo look even worse. Talk about reverse plans. 
Suddenly, she slaps René and swears never to forgive him. 

-You made me fall in love with you!
-It was not that hard...

Between slap #1 and #2 Valentina says she hates them both because she doesn't know which one is worse and after taking her ring off with her mouth, spits it in Renés face. That probably hurt Gonzalo more than it did René.

Not true

Consuelo asks Micaela what could it be what Nuria wants to know with so much urgency but Mica play dumb and uses her imagination as an excuse for Nuria's hate. She hates everyone, remember? She is probably saying that to annoy you.

-She is crazy, don't believe her, avoid her- said Mica- The only thing she wants is make us enemies, one against the other.

Once alone, Leonel gets a call from the attorney/lawyer to ask about his son's exhumation. The voice on the other end replies, after some excuses: Next week.

-Me da igual (Juaréver)- says Leonel before urging the man to hurry up.
Corpse+DNA test=money
Then he thoughts bubble "Inepts! Nobody can do anything right!"

After Valentina leaves, René assures Gonzalo that there was no intimacy between them.
Well that would have been the straw that broke the camels back! This was for the better, what 'Bout she knowing that it was René and not Eugenio who deceive her? This was the lesser of two evils. Sí me entiendes, verdad?

On her way out, Valentina encounters Fernanda and start crying over her shoulder.

-I don't know what went wrong but I am going back to LA! -she said- Eugenio never loved me, my grandfather bought him just so he could bring me here and that was it! It was all a lie, he is not even sick. (meaning that his sexual organ is 100% in perfect conditions)

White lies

-And what about the shares? -asks Fernanda, accidentally spilling the beans about the sharing of the 50% of the company and Valentina, discovering that Fernanda knew something in advance and never told her, starts screaming and yelling broken hearted.

-You betrayed me too! You did know it!

Oops! Did I say that out loud or I just thought of it? Fernanda tries to play dumb assuming Valentina has less memory than the foam in her pillow and says, you just told me! Don't remember?

-No I didn't.
-Yes you did, see?
-OK. I did, but I also found out just now.

Half true

And speaking of forgetful people, Raquel (pearless) is having a wonderful time with Ileana in the foundation, where they see other women playing guitar.

-I never thought I could learn to play that, says Raquel
-Try it. Is fun. BTW, what do your comfather thinks about you coming here?
-He's happy! And he even has a girlfriend!
(Ileana's face turns sour)
-A friend who happens to be a girl or a girlfriend girlfriend?
-A real girlfriend! Her name is Angélica!

Now Gonzalo and Mauricio discuss Valentina's knowledge about the shares. Well, she doesn't know that, and she is upset but at least she doesn't know that René is Eugenio. Right? I am going to talk to her.
As he leaves, Fernanda irrumps to tell them that Vale is going back to LA and that they need to stop her.

-Please stop her! She already know about the shares.

Fiction
In the kitchen, Almudena welcomes Alan to her territory then she realises she doesn't know his name.

-Alan, my name is Alan Gripe. 
-Nice to meet you. I am Almudena Grandes, de las Grandes de España y olé!
-Do you have a philippine de chef, an apron, or at least a set of knives for me? BTW, Balsamic reduction and béchamel sauce are my specialty dishes, but I love la "Nieve de Don Chuy", Mr Chuy's ice cream is the best around here. We should try it sometime.

Valentina gets home and finds Heberto and ask him to take her to the airport, she just needs to pack all her belongings because she is leaving. She flashbacks again and blames herself. 

-Why, whats wrong? asks Beto.
-Nothing!

She is speechless, she keeps backflashing all René betraying memories.

-I thought my grandfather was going to support my happiness- thinks-

Mica finds her in her room and asks what's wrong? Why are you crying?

-Nothing! I am fine! I am not crying! I shouldn't come back. Eugenio lied to me. The wedding's off, I am gone! Never to be back again!

-Don't leave, think about Mauricio, Raquel, Gonzalo!
-Don't even mention him! He bought Eugenio to bring me here. Please say goodbye to Mauricio and Raquel for me... I will invite them over to LA some time in the future.

After Valentina leaves, Micaela calls Gonzalo to alert him.

Accurate

When René tells Leonel about the fight, he said that he would have liked to watch the "broken doll face" of Gonzalo suffering the fatal news. 

-And guess what? Mauricio is in love with Valentina! He is going to suffer as much or even more than Gonzalo with Valentina's pain. Next week Gonzalo will give me all of his stock shares and I will leave immediately, so I want all my money now!

-Really? The mute? 
-I am jealous! But I want my money asap so I can leave!
-Well, with that Brexit thing, the market crashed and all my stocks in Europe went down, so I don't have liquid assets right now...
René threatens to sell his half back to Mauricio or Gonzalo.

-I am sure they will be very happy to get them back
-I can give you an IOU- said Leonel.
-No thanks, not that I don't trust you, but I need my money soon! I will talk to Mauricio and Gonzalo!
-Don't do it! Nobody will pay what I am offering!

True

Mauricio misses Valentina by a hair and runs to the airport.

Miau-te and Osvaldo discuss the Angélica issue with a rose. She thinks he should have told her in time, now even when he apologises, she is not satisfied.

-Promise me that you won't love her anymore.
-I can't do that. I am really sorry, Let's break up right here right now then! and remain friends.
-What? What is that you can not do? Promise me, or stop loving her? Despite she being involved with Gonzalo? Listen... I could never be your friend, I hate that woman! You're going to be mine or nobody else's!

Secretly, Maite doesn't want to break, just to have Osvaldo all for herself, golosa! Sadly, he is not sure anymore. Maite hates Angélica and doesn't understand how Gonzalo can be able to love her knowing that she has been Osvaldo's first choice. Grab your chair, there comes another reveal that will trigger the crazy in Meowte.

-He doesn't know Angélica is the woman I was with- He said.
-Whaaat?
-And don't even dare to tell him. Please?
-I wont' because if I do, she will be free for you and the last thing I want is you close to her! I told you already, if you're not mine, yo will be nobody's!

I wish Leonel could have seen her face, but he is happy only overhearing everything. This could become his next project of the scamming/blackmailing order now that he desperately needs dough.

Fabrication

And speaking of moolah, in the office of Dr Mabuse and his thousand tv sets (all ON!) Angélica shyly asks Gisela for some because she has expenses to pay, including that Private Eye she hired to find Fernanda (very expensive) even when he never found anything.
She doesn't want a loan, just what she will earn working, but in advance.
Never worry my dear, Gisela will transfer the money straight to your bank account.
And speaking of bank accounts, Adriana's is getting dry. Jaime arrives with the mail and he is shocked by Adriana's bank statement (probably with the excuse that he "can't see", he said he opened it by mistake, yeah). Well, the important thing to notice here is that she is spending a lot!

-This 17 years old girl, (with a face of 40), is overspending. I wonder how, if don't see anything she is buying!

Lie 

Speaking of the devil, Julieta receives a call from Adriana and Ms Silvia gets very upset.
Adriana wants to treat her aunt and they agree to eat later at "Pez dorado" Restaurant whose specialty is goldfish. Since Julieta is not familiar with the city yet, Adriana will pay for the taxi that brings here over. 

That plan was not in Ms. Silvia schedule, and she doesn't want her to go until she finishes all her chores, and that include taking the rice grains from the ashes, ONE by one!!
Julieta, who is crazy not stupid regaining her crazy self, gets very defensive and puts the things clearly: The deal was to help you because you helped me to get out of jail 3 years early, not to be your slave and PAY you for it with my "corazón" money. You're faking my signature living off my "corazón's" money and mistreating me on the side. I don't mean to be unthankful but I am doing my part, don't push your luck lady!

-Y me salió respondona (she turned out to be a backtalker)*

When he finds out about the diner, Fabricio, distrusting Julieta, wants to go too.
Adriana kisses him in front of Tobías to "darle picones" because she is still upset he didn't help her. He said he was too busy helping Nuria and Adriana is jealous.

In the Murat residence, Raquel has company over. She has invited Ileana to eat and introduce her to the family but there's nobody home. Mica fill her in with all the juicy gossip

true lie
At the airport, Valentina found a flight that leaves in 4 hours, but after bargaining with the receptionist she found another that leaves in 2 minutes, escala en Tijuana, so she has to hurry.
While she slowly walks to the plane probably still flashbacking, in the distance, we see Mauricio running towards her and with the help of the ticket lady, he stops Valentina just in time. Gonzalo and Fernanda are also there, but Valentina looks at them sadly and keeps walking until we no longer see her.

I wonder what would Mauricio say (or sign for that matter) to make her stay.
She has just ignored them.

*The door gag. I have noticed that every time Mauricio opens the door to leave, someone is getting in. Every time.

*Help that talk back are something people make fun of, because supposedly shouldn't happen. But I am sure it does...

Labels:


Comments:
Hellow amigowz!
Welcome to the monday recap hosted by yours truly, due to the mess we had last week thanks to our orange "friend" and Univisión, who closely follows his every step. Jajaja!

Well... enjoy this recap and comment. Thanks!
 

Gracias, Pablo. I wish VEA would move at the pace of this series.

Chelo should just tell Nuria to bug off. Nobody can count on her keeping her word for anything. I hope somebody can stop what she's planning.

It's eight weeks or more until Karmageddon and Nuria should get the worst one of this lot.

Valentina is going back to Brat Mode again. I'm liking her less and less every time. If she ends up without a novio at the end of this story I'll be OK with that.

Julieta and Adriana can kill each other for all I care.
 

Pablo: Awesome recap! Salamat po :)

UA: Adriana taking a page out of Julieta's play-book: Crazy, Crazy, Crazy....

How's our lovely scheming Gold-Diggers Carolina & Ileana ?

 

I don't know if this was an acting choice by the actress who plays Maite, but her crying was hilarious. Did she mean to sound that strange as she cried? I couldn't stop laughing. I really hope that Maite goes psycho on someone to bring some excitement that is really lacking. Osvaldo finally did the right thing and let her go but I can't say that I will feel sorry for him when Maite does whatever she is going to do.

I wasn't surprised in the slightest by Valentina's reaction. The girl is annoying. I can't wait until she finds out that Eugenio is her uncle. HAHAHA!!! Cannot wait to see the look on her face. I don't know what it is but I feel like the actress' acting was better when she played Paulina. I don't think it's because I could stand Paulina a little more...something just seems a little too fake about her portrayal of Valentina.

As for Julieta and Adriana, I really hope that Adriana ends up regretting her decision. She is another one who deserves to get hit by an anvil. I will not feel sorry for her if she somehow gets hit by Julieta's craziness. Fabricio needs to cut his losses, and quickly at that.

I find it so funny that every time Illeana goes over to the house to eat, no one but her fake bestie Raquel is available to join her. Ha! Seducing Gonzalo is turning out to be impossible.

Thanks for the recap!
 

Thanks for stopping by.

Well... I can almost see the detective not finding anything until the second hour of the grand finale. Nuria still have to try to kill EVERYBODY. She should just wait for another wedding and set up a bomb to speed things up.

Julieta and Adriana will have to try to kill Valentina, at least.

Who else in Dejaland thinks that killing people solve their problems? Oh yeah, nobody else!
 

Thanks Meeks, I totally forgot about Maite. She could try to kill Osvaldo and Angélica!

My problem with Camila Sodi is her age. I overlooked that when she was playing paulina but now I feel like she is trying a little too hard to pretend she is young and hip with strange hair and a fake way of speaking and behaving, and even so, she doesn't look like a 20 something woman...

OT: If somebody has seen Almodóvar latest, JULIETA, have seen how a casting choice should be done when your movie spans 30 years. Both actresses playing Julieta young and old, looks like they are actually the same person. Even René who is actually Gonzalo's son doesn't look exactly like him in the way these two women do. Anybody knows what's the point of having Sodi playing both roles instead of two different actresses? Is that good for the story in any way?

Thanks!
 

The original had Erica Buenfil as both the mother and the daughter. I think the resemblance is about Gonzalo feeling like he has Paulina back and it also plays into Julieta's madness.

There have been excellent pairings of parent and same-sex child in novelas both past and present. See this weekend article I did a few years ago.

If Adela Noriega were still in novelas the actress playing Adriana could be cast as her daughter in a future series.
 

Thanks, Pablo!

Ugh! Bratty Valentina is back. How is this any better than just telling Val who Rene/Eugenio really is from the moment they found out? So now not only is she heartbroken, AND Rene gets his shares (why?), but she’s also now mad at everyone for deceiving her (and not even about the thing they really deceived her about!). They really screwed this up.

Maite is definitely a nutcase, and I’m sure she’s going to try to harm Os, Angie or both at some point.

I was holding on to a bit of sympathy for Adriana because she’s young, she just lost her mom, was moved to a new country, and is being eaten up by guilt about killing her mom (accidentally). That, and extreme stupidity, kind of made me understand why she’s reaching out to Loony Juli. But what makes me dislike her the most, is the devious way she is leading both Fabricio and Tobias on, so that they do her bidding. Bratty, I can forgive (if it changes). Stupidity, I can forgive. But this underhanded deviousness points to the potential to do evil.

Pablo- I think El Color de la Pasion did a great job matching the younger actors with the older actors that would play them after the 25 year time jump. You can see some of the comparison pics here, in my original synopsis post: http://caraycaray.blogspot.com/2016/08/new-telenovela-el-color-de-la-pasion.html

 

Urban: You are right.
Valentina had to be just like her mother to trigger most of the issues in the second part.

Vivi: I don't watch ECDLP, but you made an excellent work showing just how well cast that novela is. I like that. Trying to make people look old, no matter how good the make up is, not always gives the best results (Milla Jovovich in RESIDENT EVIL FINAL CHAPTER).
 

Yes, the casting department definitely was on a roll.

The casting of PyP was also excellent, matching up Fernando Colunga with Danilo Carrera playing his bastard son and Irina Baeva as the daughter of Marlene Favela. I could easily see those two in a Televisa version of Mildred Pierce.
 

Thanks, Pablo! Thanks also, Meeks. I had no idea Osito had dumped Maite because I muted the scene! I can't STAND her! ITA with not liking Valentina or how she's portrayed. I know what they were going for by having the same actress play her but "Valentina" just looks like "Paulina" pretending to be somebody else! I don't know if anyone could have pulled this double role off.


Wait, I take that back. My all time favorite novela, Viver a Vida, had one guy playing identical twins, so they were on screen "together" throughout the novela and each character had a distinct and believeable personality.

Ah well, it is what it is. Val needs a good slapping.

Don't want Osito to be hurt. Don't know as much about that relationship as that was when I was on AQNMD strike.

Want Adrina to geth her comeuppance from her beloved crazy aunt.

Obviously, Nuria needs to go down in flames, she can take Naco Taco with her and her spawn. He's been so hurtful to Chelo and Beto. I guess Mica supposedly has suffered enough burdened by the lie and daily seeing Nuria's spawn taunt and torture Chelo and Beto.

Rene needs to suffer severe personal injury as well along with Leo and that phony alzheimer chick and daughter.

Wow! That's a lot of people in need of a serious hurtin'!

The plan to save Val trough hiding that this jerk is her uncle was stupid and has back-fired! They should now tell Val the whole truth and Gonzo should keep his money!
 

I wonder to what degree Rene was enabled by Monica since the separation from Gonzalo and the death of Elisa. There had to have been a lot of damage between Elisa's death and Rene's departure for the military school.

Rene keeps insisting that Gonzalo killed Elisa despite having been at the scene. Monica saw the fall and knows that it was an accident. There was also other witnesses, including Alan. I hate the idea that personality is determined by genes but this series seems to promote it.
 

Forgot to add this: Maybe part of Rene's Karmageddon will be to actually become impotent!
 

I don't know, Urban. Rene and Alan had the same two parents-- one kid is good, the other bad. Paulina and Nuria had the same parents-- one kid was good, the other bad. Mauricio had a horrible father (Edgar), and he turned out good, choosing instead to use Camilo as his life example. Both of Adriana's parents were good people, and she's turning into a bad seed. I don't think there's really a case being made for nature vs nurture-- just that some people react badly when life throws them challenges (Rene, Adriana, Leonel); some people become stronger/better (Mau, Alan); and some people just seem to be bad for no reason, even when they've had all of life's opportunities and good parents (Nuria, Tobias).
 

Damn, Vivi. That analysis is right on!

Urban, I think Monica definitely did enable Rene. Gonzo's lies were monumental and cruel. Maybe Alan was able to survive them with a moral compass intact because he was too young to get too emotionally invested in Gonzo as his Dad and thus didn't trust as deeply as did Rene or put as much stock in the pretty future Gonzo painted. Alan seemed to enjoy Gonzo when he was there and live in the joyous moment as little kids do. Thus, he was also saved the depth of heartache when one by one Gonzo's lies were exposed. The things Rene told him that day Gonzo confronted him were all true. I didn't hear him say he killed their abuela, but if he did, that's the one untruth but it DID happen because he was trying to kidnap them and Elisa was trying to defend them.

Anyway. Monica has not moved past what happened all those years ago and the death of her Mother probably makes that impossible. She refuses to believe Gonzo has changed and is redeemed. She and Rene are partners in a vow to hold Gonzo responsible for all the misery in their lives, and the death of Elisa and to hate him until their dying day.
 

Lila- Yep, Monica needed to put all of them in therapy when the boys were little, after they discovered the fake marriage thing. She and Rene especially needed it. Alan seems to have a natural ability to move past anger and hurt, that he had even as a little boy. While Rene and Monica hang on to it. And Rene's anger and hurt has become twisted.
 

Vivi: Bratty Valentina: AWWWW. It's in the genes, but Nuria sure does intimidate her though LOL.

Rene is one twisted man!
 

Lila: Of course, Monica enabled & likely encourage Rene on his behavior from the get-go.

For all we know, Rene might attack either Valentina or bratty Fernanda before too long.


 

Yep. Val is a brat. Sure, she's mad, but at least talk to your best friend. Although someone should certainly at this point tell her she was dating her uncle. She's already hurt and will find out eventually. Might as well let it out and cut of Rene out of the will asap. But at least she has the excuse of being an immature 20-year old.

What's Maite's excuse? Dude. You're 50 and have known Osvaldo for, what, a week? Get a grip.

I like the actors but I just don't know if I can tolerate these people anymore. May have to come back when SOMEONE tells Val about Rene, or Monica comes back to town.

Kelly
 

Kelly: I had to ROFLOL about your comment on Maite: "Dude. You're 50 & have know Osvaldo for, what, a week ? Get a grip."


 

LOL!
Angelica's scent was what? Rain mist or something...

I amsure Maite is using "Obsession"
 

Pablo, that makes total sense.

I don't think it will be long before Valentina knows.
 

UA: Valentina is the female Scotty: "Valentina Doesn't Know!"
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder