Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Vino el Amor, Lunes 1/30/17 Chapter 64: Out of the Mouths of Babes, II


Graciela came back for Bobby, whom she had spotted on the floor of the Marital Shrine when he had been hiding under the bed. She grabbed him when he tried to bolt and he told her quite vociferously he did not want to be sent to a boarding school.

Luciana wondered why Bobby ran off. David wondered whether the ceremony had been bad for him, but that didn't seem the case. They had asked workers whether they had seen the boy and David was feeling like an idiot. He thought about when he walked off with Graciela when Bobby had wanted to play and felt worse.

Graciela tried to get Bobby to fess up and he was honest. He had seen the brochures from the boarding schools in Spain and did not want to go. She tried to tell him he misunderstood. “Nobody's looking to send you far away,” she said.
I don't believe you,” he said, and tried to bolt again. She grabbed him before he got past the foot of the bed and pushed him back toward the wall.
Bobby, listen. I love you very much and all I want to see is for everyone in this family to be happy,” she said.
No. You don't love me,” he said. “And neither does my father.”
No, that's not true.” She was becoming irritated and wasn't hiding it well.
Yes, it's true,” said Bobby. “Today he said I was misbehaving and having tantrums. That's why he wants to send me away. And I don't want to go.”
No, things aren't like that.”
Yes, it's true. I want to be with my friends at school.”

At Juan's apartment Perla complained about not being able to help in the search for Bobby. He was not sympathetic. He threw in her face that she was always complaining that they didn't spend enough time together. It was a long day with all the things he was dealing with and he needed rest. She asked whether he had called the police. He said that Gutiérrez was in charge. He was waiting for a call. Perla wasn't pleased about this, so she left the room. He then called Mark, asking whether everything was ready, and said he would call him back.

Bobby, don't cry,” asked Gracie as she stood in his way. Her paper-white skin almost blended into the walls. “I don't want to see you like this.”
But I don't want to go away.”
Bobby, I think you still don't understand me.” [Oh, he does. More than you will ever think, Succubus.]
I only know that you don't love me and that's why you treat me badly and why you want to send me to a boarding school.”
Don't you remember I got you those team shirts from Cristiano?”
Yes, but you wouldn't have if I hadn't kept bugging you for them.”
But I helped you, didn't I? I helped you out when you needed me to, didn't I? And wasn't that a success for you?”
Yes, but that doesn't mean that you love me.”
Of course I love you,” she said. [She should have seen the look on her own face, but we doubt she has much of a reflection.]
That's not true. And when I hid my father said some bad things. He might want to putting me in a boarding school.”
But Bobby, you're a good boy and I'll talk to your father so he won't be angry with you.”
But he's angry and he might send me to a boarding school.”
Bobby, stop and calm down! Your father won't send you away to school. I'll talk to him.”
Then, why did you have the brochures on your bed?”
Gracie was busted an she knew it.
It's only you who wants to send me to boarding school! I'm going to tell my dad.”
Gracie tried controlling her hateful expression.
I'm going to tell my dad that you want to send me far away.” He bolted, but Gracie grabbed him.
You're not going anywhere, Bobby,” she said, grabbing his arm.
Let go! You're hurting me!” He pulled himself free.
I'm sorry, my love,” she said, with that Hurt Little Girl Look.
You hurt me.”
Yes, I know. I'm sorry, but I was afraid you'll run off and hide again.”
No. What you're afraid of is what I will tell my father.”
Let me talk to your father first and explain what you thought.” [Not sure if that was right.]
It's better we go to my dad.”
No. Let me explain to you why I had those papers in my room.” [Bobby, don't stand there, just run like hell!]

Miguel and Luciana rendez-voused in the vineyard for an update. Neither had any idea what caused this particular stunt on the boy's part but both knew he had to be found before nightfall. She went to the main house to check if there had been any progress while Miguel headed off in the other direction.
Marta and Ramon returned to the employees' quarters worried about Bobby. He was trying to alleviate her feelings of guilt about this.
Susan went down to the kitchen and cringed when her cell rang. If was Mark again up to his old tricks. He upped the ante by trying to frighten her further when she told him about the restraining order, which only made him laugh. [She needs a passport and a one-way plane ticket to Europe.]
Miguel went to Erika's place to explain what was going on and to ask for help. She told him she would get as many of her people to help as she could. They went out to do this.

David spoke to Gutiérrez but no progress had been made. When he hung up Luciana told him that as he was there for her family she was there for him. Bobby ran in at that moment and started ratting out Gracie. Just as he started she arrived and Luciana put her hands on Bobby's shoulders as if to protect him [because she knew someone had to].
Bobby, where were you?” asked David.
In my mother's room.”
How did we not see you? We were searching.”
I knew you were looking. I didn't think you'd find me, so I started to find another place.”
Son, do you think this is a game? Do you know how worried we were about you? We even called the police!”
I'm sorry, Dad.” He hugged his father, who bent down to take his face in his hands.
Explain to me, why did you do something like this?”
Because I was very anxious.”
Why?”
Because I thought you were going to send me away to a boarding school, Dad, and I don't want to. I swear I'll be good.”
What boarding school? Bobby, why do you say this? And what does your aunt have to do with this?”
Gracie looked like a zombie at this question.
I saw the brochures in her room and thought you'd be sending me away to that school.”
Both David and Luciana looked at Gracie. Luciana didn't have to tell Gracie that she had her number.

César entered the employees' kitchen and found Susan more agitated than the previous time. He tried to explain that Mark is intimidating her to make her more afraid. He tried to assure her that everyone else was trying to help her.

I don't know why your aunt had those things in her room, but I'm not sending you to any boarding school, son. Why do you say so?”
Because you don't want to play with me. Because you were saying I wasn't behaving well and because of that you wanted to talk to my aunt.”
Bobby, I'd never do anything like that to you.”
Of course, Bobby,” said Luciana. “Your father adores you and he'd never want to sen you far away.” She kissed his head.
Then, you don't want to send me away to boarding school?”
Of course not, son. How can you think that?” David embraced his son and kissed him.
Thanks, Dad.”
David released Bobby and looked Gracie in the eye.
Would you like to explain why you had that information in your room?”
Yes,” said Luciana. “Why would you do this to Bobby?”
Gracie paused for a second, then stepped away from Luciana.
Well, all this is a misunderstanding. I just wanted to give Bobby a surprise. Come summer he could go play fútbol in Spain like Cristiano whom you admire so much.”
Luciana rolled her eyes at this.
Seriously?” asked Bobby.
Yes, my love. It was all a misunderstanding. I just looked for the information first; I wanted to see about summer courses for you – ”
Well, why didn't you tell me before?” David asked.
Because I thought I'd surprise you.”
I want to see anything and everything having to do with my children,” said David, firmly.
Yes, of course. I wanted to look that over with you, David,” Gracie said. “The truth is I never thought Bobby would go into my room and find them and misinterpret them this way.” She looked at her nephew. “My love, that's what happened. Do you understand now?”
Yes, but I was very afraid.” He turned around and apologized again to David.
I'm sorry, Dad, for worrying you, but I was very afraid.”
Luciana didn't swallow any of Gracie's bullshit, but said nothing about that.
Well, I'll go and tell everyone Bobby has reappeared.”
Thanks.”
Luciana left.
What made you look for Bobby there?”
Well, when everyone began looking I decided to check the place where he felt most secure.” She started handling Bobby by the shoulders from behind. “When I last saw him he was clutching a photo of my sister and knew where I could find him.”
Thanks,” said David but in a tone Gracie could not be sure of. He embraced his son and stroked his hair.

Miguel and Erika went back into her office and she decided to start looking in places where she used to hide. Just as she picked up her phone Miguel's cell rang. Luciana told him that Bobby had been found. He told her he would be right back. As he ended the call Erika asked why he didn't tell Luciana he was with her. He told her he didn't want Luciana bothered by it. Erika said he could have ayone he wanted as a friend. Miguel was not comfortable at that point and took his leave.

César made some food and tried to convince Susan to relax, to change her cell phone number, and to remember that she was protected. [etc., etc., etc.]

Marta embraced Bobby and made him promised not to do this again. Fernanda extracted the same promise from him, saying she'll spend more time with him. David promised that they will always talk about everything bothering him. They would talk to a psychologist the next day to find better solutions. Gracie apologized again with the same BS. Marta got up and suggested that Bobby accompany her to the kitchen to get something to eat because he must be hungry. That's an offer no growing boy can refuse and they headed to the kitchen. He asked Luciana to come along so she did and Fernanda followed them. David told Gracie and Lillian he would tell the police and before he left he told Gracie he wanted to talk to her later. He left and Lillian wondered what he wanted to talk privately with Gracie about.

Adolfo entered Erika's office and she updated him on the Bobby situation. She was grinning and he knew that this was about Miguel. He advised her to be careful and to keep her options open. She assured him that she wasn't going to let anyone hurt her. She told him she wasn't giving up on Miguel, but he told her he didn't want to see her with a broken heart. Like his when her mother left him to return to Spain. He just wanted to enjoy his life and vineyard. It always made him sad to think of his wife.

When Bobby and Fernanda left the kitchen after a snack, Luciana told Marta she didn't buy anything Gracie was selling. She had her number perfectly. This was about isolating David from Bobby because Bobby didn't like her. Marta wasn't quite ready to accept this.

David and Gracie went into his study to talk. Unfortunately for himself and Bobby David wasn't looking for a better explanation but was looking to talk about the kiss that should not have happened. He told her they should not permit this to happen again. She was beautiful, amusing, etc. [Where is the vomitorium when we need it?] He feared losing control of himself. She didn't look like she was going to give up. She gave him a flirty look as she left the room.

Fernanda tried talking up Gracie to her little brother, then begged off to call her friends. He asked Luciana told the boy to look for her if he was ever afraid again. Marta had a doubtful expression through most of this as Luciana told Bobby he doesn't need to be afraid of being sent away.

Graciela counted her talk with David as a victory and gloated over this with Lillian, who told her that her beauty was no guarantee of anything. There was Lisa before her and the threat of this comparison annoyed Gracie. “Why are you always comparing me with her?”
Because she was your sister. You're my daughters. And I'm not comparing. I was remembering everything David loved about your sister.”
Yes, you are comparing! Lisa is a saint, she's dead, and you won't leave me in peace!”
This escalated into a scolding by Lillian to learn a little self-control. Fortunately for her, Fernanda knocked and came in. She told Lillian what Marta told her about Brian, finally asking her how she could like a person who did things like that.

Susan and Tano argued again about her decision and she told him again that she didn't love him. Same argument, different room. He did not take this well. This ended with him believing what Mark said, that she was playing with his feelings. He walked out. [I am so over these two until they both get hair makeovers].

Lillian tried to tell Fernanda that Brian was just doing his job back in the day. She understood that but was incensed that he didn't disclose to Marta from the beginning. She felt bad for Marta over this. Gracie took her side specifically to needle Lillian. Fernanda said she would talk to her father about not admitting him to the house again.

Brian had sent Luciana's work visa to her via UPS overnight. She looked at it with distaste. Miguel told her that it would allow her to stay with her family and him. She looked at Marta for her opinion.

David and César talked about Bobby and the psychologist, then about Susan's situation. César then excused himself because he had to be at the hospital. After he left David went back to his desk and found a framed photo on the shelf behind it. It was of himself, the kids, and Gracie during the trip and she had attached a post-it note about the memories of their good times. This was not good.

Luciana decided to keep the visa, saying that this didn't mean she forgave Gutiérrez. Marta and Miguel were satisfied with this, with Marta saying she didn't want anything more to do with the man.

Who was in his office with two of his men. They knew where the immigrants were being kept and prepared to move.

Perla and Juan listened to a news report about him and his political troubles. “He has more problems than I have,” Juan said. [Famous last words? We'll see.] They started arguing because Perla wasn't so sure they could avoid trouble and she didn't like Mark staying with them because the police were looking for him for other reasons. Juan was sure Gutiérrez wouldn't bother them. Perla was not so sure.

Brian led a SWAT team into the building where the immigrants were kept. “This one is for you, Martha,” he said to himself.

Marta and Luciana talked a little more before Marta went to bed after Miguel said for the nth time [ad nauseum] that they should not depend on David because he would take care of them. After Marta went upstairs he told Luciana about going over to Adolfo's vineyard to ask Erika for help. As he predicted earlier she didn't like this. He finally asked her if she had doubts about their relationship. He could not remember her telling him she loved him.



Labels:


Comments:
Just to let you all know that Cynthia will be doing the next two Thursdays. We're still looking for a new regular recapper for Thursdays. Fridays are being shared for the moment.
 

Thank you, Urban. It was such a treat to find your recap when I got up this morning. I loved "the Marital Shrine" designation. There is no way that Dave can move on with anyone right now.

Loved the screencap of Luci looking at Disgrace. It made me think of the expression"If looks could kill."

Well, it was snotger spiside of..Bobby..Bobby..Booby...Bobby. Kids can often see people's true natures when adults cannot. Graciela grabbed his little arm pretty roughly twice. Remember that , Bob.

Miguel , Luci is just not that into you, but Erica is. Time to change directions .
 

I am also not getting the notion of seeing a psychologist when Bobby is the most psychologically healthy person in that family.

No progress, really, in either direction. Gracie spun this so she isn't getting the chewing out -- and booting out -- she deserves. WTH are the writers waiting for?

There better at least be progress on the immigrant situation. I'm tired of Juan and Mark. However, the fallout will affect David negatively.
 

Superb UA.

Your dialog translations were excellent and so very helpful! Knowing what actually transpired gives life and dimension to the scenes, and this insightful knowledge is very much appreciated.

You are at your finest with your comments on Graciela: "Her paper-white skin almost blended into the walls" and "She should have seen the look on her own face, but we doubt she has much of a reflection" which were among many favorites.

Like Susanlynn, I also loved "Marital Shrine". It is painfully obvious Lisa is missed and her memory is cherished. I had thought David was trying to fight his attraction to Luci. While he may be doing so on some level, it is Graciela who clearly seems to be occupying his uppermost thoughts, however reprehensible that is to us.

I know Graciela would slither out of the situation. She always does. It's a shame David didn't see through her subterfuge as clearly as Luci does.

UA, thank you for reminding us that if the immigrants are caught, it will greatly harm David. I keep forgetting Dumb and Dumber are acting independently but of course ultimately, it is David's responsibility if they are found on his land.

Luci has a clear opening to extricate herself from Miguel. It's likely far too early in the storyline for her to do so, although we fervently wish it would occur so she can start a relationship with David and Miguel can start up with Erica. I'm looking forward to both.

UA, thanks for everything. The screen shot was fabulous too.

Diana
 

I don't think they're on David's land, but if Dumb and Dumber are using a storage facility David owns or has anything to do with that will affect David. Just the fact that Juan works for David will cast suspicion on him.

Which could suit Lillian fine but not Gracie and they will fight again.

Since these workers work on Adolfo's crops he might take umbrage with David and accuse him of sabotage when Juan's involvement is uncovered. Perla and Carito's involvement will also look bad for David.
 

UA: Graciela sure does get rough with kids by grabbing Bobby's arm TWICE! Surprised she didn't slap him.

It was very disturbing!

Diana: I'm on Team Erika: GO FOR IT BABY :)

Susanlynn: Gutierrez doing a raid: what could possibly go wrong ?
 

Thank you UA

"She should have seen the look on her own face, but we doubt she has much of a reflection"

Bobby is my favorite character but hate that everyone spoils him.

Yep Tano, you were used to make Susan feel better, charge next time.

Makes me sick that Ramon orbits his life away around Marta the black hole. Let's see. Fernando dead, Marcos dies in exile, Brian ruined, see a pattern here Ramon?

It's way pass time for Miguel to grow up emotionally. He is no longer 14 and Luciana 12. The fantasy relationship of a teenage boy is not fate and you cannot force your fantasy on someone with their own. What has irked me about an otherwise responsible, thoughtful, sensitive galan is his attempted domination of Luciana. To be fair, Luciana has used his fantasy as salve for the frustration of not realizing her own with David. Will the adult Miguel please stand up, put on a shirt with sleeves, go ask Erika out on a date, date, not a friend thingie, and tell Luciana to go San Francisco herself.

 

Tofie..Ha..Good advice for Miguel, but I don't think Erica requires him to wear a shirt with sleeves. It would be a unique experience for him to be with someone who smiles and is ready and willing for a trip tonSan Francisco. That romance will be fun to watch.


I cringe when I see Susan. I have had enough of her wailing , weeping, and hand wringing. Cesar , like Miguel, is there to get her some food and a beverage. TAno, you are a boy who was just a toy. Shame on you, Susan.

 

Thank You Much and more Urban. What fun.
" [She needs a passport and a one-way plane ticket to Europe.]" There's an App for that.

That slobbering, crying, shaking, quivering, bowl of Jello, Aaarrrrgh. I am all for Mark kidnapping her and we never see her again. To the untrained eye it appears she is getting what she wants.
HOW....MUCH....WILLPOWER...does it take to miss a call. Next.
 

Susanlynn: Gutierrez doing a raid: what could possibly go wrong ?

Everything will be fine if there is not a mirror in there somewhere. If there is, he will probably need 'a few' to touch up that hair and uniform before the press is called.
 

I'm not sure what drew Susan to Tano in the first place. He's cute but needs a makeover for hair and wardrobe. He's easier to figure out: He lost his mother before he was five.

Prediction for the raid: They will find the immigrants but Juan and Mark are nowhere near the place. Considering that we're not quite at the halfway mark yet it will take at least a couple more episodes for them to get Juan and Mark, followed by David falling under suspicion.

If David ends up in trouble over this that puts Bobby in real danger of being sent away. I suspect this episode was setting that up.

BTW, I don't think Bobby is spoiled. He's a good kid. David, Marta, and Luciana show him appropriate affection that he doesn't get from Gracie and Lillian. Sonia tries but Bobby knows that Lillian was somehow using her. It's FerBrat who is spoiled and only because Gracie and Lillian are using her. Once she has outlived her usefulness to them she won't get a damned thing from them. David has caved to her tantrums about Luciana. While he needs time to get over Lisa he should not allow this brat to dictate his life.
 

Thanks, UA.

This episode was definitely one of Graciela's more succubus-simulating-a-normal-person moments, minus the bit where David all but went "I'm a man, you're hot, but I'm a mess and we can't go there..." and she managed to hide a "Squeeee!"

I do agree that Bobby's not spoiled, or at least not like Fernanda is. But, like just about all soap kids, he's definitely kid-self-centered and stubborn. His being Luciana's cheerleader weirdly plays as both a plus and a minus, but I'm inclined to place that on the writers (along with so, so much more) rather than the character.

Since the show has been playing so fast and loose with locations in general, it wouldn't surprise me if Juan and Mark had indeed been using some hitherto-unmentioned building on the Angeles vineyard grounds to stash their "workforce." But I'd think there'd at least have been some sort of allusion to that before now, unless I've missed something. More likely it's somewhere in Sonoma, but the immigrants will likely somehow point Gutierrez at either Juan, Carito or Perla (in that order, I suspect) and thus loop the backlash around to David.

As for Susan: Cesar telling her to outright change her phone number was a minor "You go, boy!" moment, and reminding her that she has support and that she can indeed DO THIS and bounce Mark like a check was quite welcome. That said she went straight from that to giving Tano the "You were a rebound guy" speech (and points to the show for establishing that she's not looking to rebound again, which was the sanest thing she's probably said in a couple of weeks), which gave Tano a moment to inevitably flip out Mark-style over the whole thing. Which, again IMHO, kinda explains how Susan ended up with him. Now if we can just get Mar Contreras through an episode without crying...
 

Thanks UA! For the first time, I tried watching in advance for tomorrow's show and now I'm very impressed with how you do that and recap everything so clearly. I will need to rewatch my episode again tonight with captions and transcript at the ready and fix some things in my draft for sure.

Thoughts -
- I think Tano and Susan's hair is the least of their issues. Susan is just a mess who needs a new address, job, location and cell phone, and Tano needs to date age-appropriate Fer.

- I think both Fer and Bobby are a mix of spoiled and neglected and now it's coming to roost. Bobby actually works my nerves far more than Fer. It's interesting to me that a telenovela kid elicits more diverse opinions than some of the adults. I suspect Tano will be good for Fer.

- Gawd I hope Gutierrez captures the bad guys but I suspect it's too soon plotwise for all of that. Especially Mark. I am so done with awful Mark.

- I felt like Luciana (even though she was in the right) needed to butt out of the family business last night.

- I cannot wait until Miguel dumps Luciana for Erika. It can't happen soon enough.

 

Well, we have to keep Juan around long enough to tell Dave his suspicions about Disgrace applying a rock to Lisa's head . I think that is the only way that secret will be revealed unless Disgrace manages to finally bed Dave and talks in her sleep.

Kids who lose a parent due to death or divorce often need a lot of extra attention, love, and affection. Bobby is a lost little soul who misses his sweet mother and meanwhile is surrounded by anti-abuela and Tia Icicle.

Kirby, GUt is one of those guys who just cannot get enough of himself. I guess we all know guys who cannot resist looking into every mirror they pass. he probably was quarterback in high school.

I am not surprised that TAno was smitten by Susan. Teenage boys are like hormones wearing shoes and often crush on their young female teachers.

If we still have months left, where is this saga headed?
 

What is up with Susan answering every time Marked calls? Called I.d. is the best thing since sliced bread. You don't have to answer, Susan !!!
 

Bill C. " Squeeeee" Yes, the look on Disgrace's face was priceless when Dave finally admitted that he is a man (alert the media) and she is hot (GRacias, Captain Obvious). He could have stopped there because we all know he is a mess, but I am fearful that he will, in fact, go there as is the way in telenovelas. Man..Woman..Birth..Death..Infinity.


 

We are all wondering where the workers were hidden. With the pallet racks and all it just looks like a warehouse or even an industrial trailer. But it must be close by, as Mark and NoJuan and all seem to be able to get there in an instant. Similar to going to Erika's place. It appears to be a quick walk as though the lands are joined by a simple property line.

Or maybe as we saw in P&P they are still using TNTT (TelenNovela Thought Travel). Where someone needed to head over to the office to rat someone out, and they were there all the way across town before the recipient's phone could ring. You just think it and Pfftt ! you are there.

The L A S T thing I want is to see Bobby talking to a shrink.

Now Bobby tell me about your family.
"Doctor, my Aunt is mean, she lies, and I think she killed my Mom, her sister," Sob, sniff.

Rrrrring...
Hello?
Mr. Mables, this is Dr. Thunk, Your son is much worse than we initially thought. He.....................



 

Sue. I agree about the quarterback. Not because you are right, but because I wasn't. :-)
 

It is too soon from a plot perspective to have Juan taken out. But as far as I'm concerned I want Mark to go down in flames ASAP.

Susan should just let it go to voicemail and keep the recordings as evidence.
 

Kirby..Fair's fair..Maybe it was just my quarterback who enjoyed mirrors.

As for the speedy travel, perhaps Scotty is beaming them around. Marked and Juan are both extremely lazy , so my guess is that those immigrants are not far from the vineyard.

Yes, Urban, my friend's ex sent her awful emails which she printed out and took to her attorney.
 

Thanks, Urban. Fine job.

Bobby and Fer are good kids, who sometimes have hissyfits over real or imagined wrongs -- normal. I'm up for babysitting either of them. David just needs to apply a firmer, consistent hand -- and tell Graciela and Lilian to hit the road and move into their own homes.

Kudos to Bobby. He went toe to toe with Graciela. Too bad his doofus father didn’t pick up the ball and figure our Gracie’s intent.

Graciela grabbed Bobby so hard, twice, that I'd expect him to have bruises. But I've given up on logic here. A few days ago, a witness recorded Mark's beatdown of Cesar, but nothing became of it.

Yep, Luciana has a golden opportunity to let Miguel know she felt pushed into committing to him so soon, but we've got loads of episodes to go...

 

I got a kick out of GUt's last line before the SWAT attack " This one is for you, MArta" Did he think that he was about to make a touchdown ? Sink a basket? Score the winning goal? QTH? This guy must have gotten a lot of MVPs.
 

"Luciana decides to keep the visa." Brilliant. If she hadn't, it would be what my mother always referred to as "cutting off your nose to spite your face. "

Miguel, if you cannot remember Luci telling you that she loves you...It's because she hasn't..Annnd ....She doesn't. Time for some new wine at the friendly neighboring vineyard.
 

Ummmm.....Adolfo mentioned his wife who left him and went to Spain. Will she return and join the contest for GUt? Or, perhaps , Cesar will finally get lucky.
 

Thanks, Urban. I wish I could help with the recaps, but I can't watch the show reliably on any particular night of the week except Friday - and I'd rather not recap Fridays even if they were available.

Why does Susan keep answering her phone?? One of the rules for dealing with a stalker is to interact with him as little as possible. It just fuels the fire. Some phones and services let you block certain numbers; there are apps that let you block numbers; even on my crummy phone I was able to assign a silent ringtone to numbers I don't want to hear from. And I don't answer the phone anyway unless I recognize the number AND want to talk to the person.

Graciela. I'm not surprised she was able to talk her way out of this one - that was easy. But David is getting his guard up.

I don't think Susan's attraction to Tano was any mystery at all. He was cute, she was on the rebound, and he made himself available. She wouldn't have gone for him if she'd been in a good emotional place; alas, she was a wreck and he was just the life-affirming fling that she needed.
 

We are to believe that contrary to everything we have seen, that David is not absolutely stupid. We collectively hope that he is really fairly bright and that he is just coming out of the muddling heartbreak of losing his wife YEARS ago.

Are we in fact seeing small glimmers of his awakening to the (cloaked, hidden) things going on under his nose? I think we are. Admittedly he does the mannequin challenge much better that he does nuances of facial expression. We will give him that, as he came to where he is doing the mannequin, IE Mr. bodybuilder World or something.

I was disappointed in his admission to DisGrace that she causes carnal 'feelings'. I hope somehow that causes her to shoot herself in the foot, but I don't know how. She's not the only "Hot, Headed for Forty" blonde in Southern California. Look around Dave.

I hate her. I wish when she was abducting Bobby in his own home he had clawed her in the face and run to Daddy. Sometimes a fellow just needs a wake up call.
 

Wonderful UA, I always enjoy your snarky comments within the body of your recap, especially when you refer to DisGracie as a succubus. Yeah, I think Bobby really did see right through her. But she is so adept at lying and deceiving and puts up a good song and dance with those "innocent" eyes.

The more I see Miguel and Luciana, it's so apparent that they are just totally wrong for each other. She is just not into him. He's a good friend and that's all because there is no chemistry for her and he just doesn't "do it" for her the way David does. Miguel needs to dump her for Erika since it's obvious that Erika is quite attracted to him. Luciana is not liking Miguel's "I'm the man, therefore I'm going to see to it that I protect you and no one else is allowed to." Myself, I HATE the overbearing macho stuff, it sure rubs me the wrong way.
 

UA, loved the recap as usual. Thanks
Helen
 

What Luciana is probably fighting is the idea that she needs protection from a man. She may feel that this diminishes her as a person and an adult. If that is the case, I don't blame her for a minute.

Also, since she has known Miguel since extreme youth I would be shocked if she found him hot. There is no mystery, nothing to discover. She knows he's a good guy but you just don't get hot and bothered about someone you know that long.
 

Bobby doesn't need a shrink, nor more cluckin hens around him, but someone with whom to play ball and not Luciana. Let him have his new buddy Charlie over or hang out over there or instead of Miguel helping all the damsels in distress, take him to race go carts if David is busy. Something to keep the boy occupied.

When we were introduced to Susan pre Tano, she was recently divorced, rebuilding her life with a new dream job, though fighting still possessed a home, educated, pretty and self aware enough not to want a relationship as she detoxed. Now she is a quivering mess, no longer lives in her own home but a coed bunkhouse without her stuff and it takes the time and exhaustive effort of Cesar, David and Miguel just to keep her out of the fetal position.
 

Just a word on victims of spousal abuse: Having been through it long ago, I know how an abusive, sociopathic man can play mind games and keep you under "control". They want you to be scared and they control you by fear and phobia. I used to quiver in fear when I heard my ex husband come home because I knew that anything could set him off and the yelling and intimidation would start all over again. You get called names constantly and are told how stupid you are. He will tell you that everything is YOUR FAULT and that it's YOUR FAULT he is angry they way he is. Here is an article from lovefraud.com and it's from a book called Husband, Liar, Sociopath. Being married to this kind of many really changes your psyche for a while and it takes a long time to heal. Been there, done that.

http://www.lovefraud.com/2017/01/26/my-unwitting-relationship-with-a-sociopath-corroded-who-i-was/
 

Tofie: For all we know Miguel might pull a Braulio & force himself on Luciana.
 

Cynthia: I've been on Team Erika since she came to town.

I'd like to know more about her family though besides her father.
 

Cynthia, glad you got through the ordeal and that it's long behind you.

My issue with Susan's storyline is that there was no hint to Viewerville about what she'd been through. I think the writers decided midstream to do it. Honestly, after what Susan had been through, Cesar should've been just the man for her. Instead she turned to young Tano.
 

"You just don't get all hot and bothered about someone you know for that long" Well...ah...some people do. ;-)
 

Cynthia...so sorry that you had that experience. I am always shocked by news reports of abusive exes who end up hurting or killing not only their ex wives or girlfriends but also the new husbands or boyfriends.Awful and terrifying.
 

Steve..I don't think that Miguel is the type of guy who would ever force himself on Luci. Think of how many times Luci stopped him at the last moment and he always respected her wishes. Erica is very interested in him , and I think that he will open his eyes and start noticing that beautiful smile she has every time he walks in the door.
 

Cynthia, thank you for sharing your story with us in such a powerful way.

I am so sorry you had to endure all that you did. I cannot even begin to imagine.

It is obvious you are a strong survivor. I wish you continued strength as well as courage. And of course, prayers.

Diana
 

Niecie: Susan might not be with the living before all of this is over!


 

Sue, Cynthia: The reason I have strong feelings about domestic violence is. The first woman on whose behalf I intervened and got a severe beating for was my Mother. And the only thing that changed was where I caught the school bus for the rest of the semester. That craziness went on for another decade until I came home from college one day and put a stop to it once and for all.
 

Thanks, Urban! Powerful stories Cynthia and Kirby. I thank and respect you both. Perhaps Susan's story and portrayal is sadly accurate. I guess her feeling compelled to keep the number and answer the phone are part of the distorted psyche of an abuse victim. I FF>> her scenes anyway.

Agree with you all that this IS the time for Luci to divest herself of her "confusion" about who she loves, level with Miguel as Susan has with Tano and LET MIGUEL GO! It appears she might just hang on to Miguel because she can't stand to let him go knowing Erica is ready to spring -- not waiting --from the wings. That would be childish and mean of her. If Miguel senses that, then HE must be the man he keeps broadcasting he is and let Luci go.

Luci, then freed, needs to go to David and the two of them pledge to fight Fernanda, DisGracie and Lili for the right to love.

Maybe if David is implicated, and perhaps jailed, when the immigrant jeet hits the fan, the drama of accusation and incarceration will make Luci declare her love for David as we know she'll be the first one flouncing down to the jailhouse to argue for his innocence.

. . .and they just keep stringing us along!
 

I have nothing but sympathy and respect for people who experience domestic violence, and am in no position to judge Susan's behavior (other than her habit of always answering the phone, but I've made the same criticism of countless non-abused TN characters as well... it's a pet peeve). The issue I have with Susan is that - as others have already observed - this wasn't the character who came into the story originally. Even when she first mentioned her divorce, I don't think there was any indication that she had been married to a crazy monster who continued to terrorize her thoughts 24/7. This annoying plot twist seemed to come out of nowhere.

It is always disappointing when you get the feeling that the writers are making things up on the fly, because then there's little hope of ending up with a masterfully crafted story. And plausibility goes right out the window. :-(
 

Oh, and my mind is still spinning at the thought that this show was so popular in Mexico that it got extended. Whatever it was that made it so appealing, I hope we see soon because right now, everything seems to be moving in slooooooow motion.
 

Urban good recap. No! lucy never told mig she loves him, cause she don't.
And gut may have more problems now but
They are about to go away. It the folk
Are there. I hope they are so they can
Be freed and he can be Sheriff, and without lillian's help. And what could
She have done anyway. She just poison waiting to desolve.
I was just getting frustrated lookin at that argument between tano-n-susyQ.
He was just a snack to her. She just wanted to play after being imprisoned
By smelly Mark. But the girl need a man. Now me myself, I think that man should be Cesar. But Cesar to tamed for her. You'd think she would want somebody this sensible and solid after being married to freaky mark. I wonder how many times he raped her under the guise of marriage, in his twisted mine
I'd like to see her give Cesar a chance. But she just want play. Grow up Girl.
Juan and petal are just to stupid people who really don't even need to be present anymore. I don't even care about them anymore. If they get killed
Off I just would not care. I'm not heartless they're just takin up space. They're boring. The same goes for Clarita. What is she doing here? She's
Never going to have Miguel. She should
Just leave and go work for ericka's family. There's probably somebody over
There that will find a whiney clingy mean girl attractive. But if they're like me and some of the other patio pals they'll kick her mean butt to the curve too.
Ok, that bull graciboo gave David was just that poo. Glad Lucy saw that. Dav
Is just too nice to his freaky inlaws.
I'll be happy when he takes off the dark blinders. I hope gut free da peoples.
 

"Juan and perla are just 2 stupid people". Above, thats what it was suppose to be.
 

So far Miguel's jealousy and possessiveness is missing in his interaction with Erika. I await how he behaves if he falls for her and will he press for a full accounting of where she's been and to whom she spoke. What happens if David is pleasant to Erika, will he punch him? Since Erika considers she and Luciana the strong independent type, and I agree, she may not be as gentle with Miguel if/when he pulls the macho crap. In the beginning, before a kiss with David, Luciana tried to back the boy off a bit and he'd have none of it. We'll see.

If only Susan had kept her mouth shut and not told Luciana of David kissing Graciela. To that point Luciana was all over Miguel and making plans. Does she really prefer David or does she not want him to have Graciela and with her jealously over Erika, is that another, I may not want him but no one else can either.

 

Kirby...My friend Herb, a firefighter , has a similar story. His dad was an alcoholic who beat his mother until Herb was fifteen and a football player big enough to intervene. As Herb told me one day..."and he never hit my mother again after that." So sad. On the other hand, my in-laws had a great marriage and dated their whole lives. Hubba (and I in turn) was blessed to grow up with that example of a good marriage. Plus, I told Hubba early on that if he ever hit me , I would go to my father and the Police..Not necessarily in that order.
 

Tofie..Yes, Luci cannot have it both ways. If she doesn't want Miguel, she should not be jealous of Erica wanting him. Pick one, Luci, and it seems clear to me that the one she wants is Dave. I think that Miguel and Erica will be a good match because the attraction seems to be mutual. We probably all know what it is like to crush on someone who does not return the feeling.
 

Nina..."smelly Mark"" ha
 

Tofie, I hope the writers put as much thought into Miguel's behavior as you have. I too am eagerly waiting to see if Miguel will treat Erika the same way he treats Luci and if so, how she will react. Miguel is basically a good guy, but it would be fun to see Erika re-educate him.

I am trying to be patient, really I am, but with so much potential tied up in Erika it's hard to wait for things to heat up.
 

Nina, Susanlynn... "smelly Mark"? Good heavens, I've been so obsessed with how grubby he looks that I hadn't considered that he might stink too. When he finally goes to prison, I hope they welcome him with a good shampooing in addition to the customary beatdown.
 

will Marked be issued some soap-on_a-rope like Hubba's Mammy used to sell for Avon ? I think that Marked will be a candidate for a blanket party.
 

I'm betting Erika sets the boy straight soon as his nostrils flare. Miguel doesn't have the luxury with Erika he does with a childhood playmate that doesn't want to hurt him and allows his possessiveness and unilateral writing of their life story. I think Miguel malleable but it'll take the new girl.
 

Coming late to the patio. Urban, just wanted to let you know I read and appreciated your recap. Thank you so much, especially now that we are down one recapper. The comments came in fast and furious didn't they? I'm not even halfway through.

I can just see Julie's comment on "Smelly Mark." They get my vote, too. No way I'd pick up his T-shirt for a long sniff.
 

I don't know girls, concerning Migghy's possessiveness and full time 4 wheel drive with girls (Luci) . Some of that might dissipate on the ride back from San Fran with Erotika, um Erika.

Boy might decide he needs a little down time and R E S T. Ha !
 

Kirby: I didn't know about your personal experience on domestic violence.

Sorry to hear about what happened.
 

Long Ago. Thanks Buddy Step Father is the one who taught me how to fight when the odds are against you.

 

Oh Kirby, that must have been so difficult to have gone through watching your mother suffer like that. My heart goes out to you on that one but I am glad you were able to put a stop to it when you were in college. When you are the woman involved in that situation, it's so scary and you keep wanting to escape, but are afraid he will come after you and things will be worse. She is embarrassed to tell family or friends the real situation or perhaps the abusive husband has made sure he distanced his wife from her family. I can understand how the character Susan gets all whiny and cries every time Mark calls because hearing his voice and his intimidation TRIGGERS that fear response and she can't help it.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder