Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Vino el Amor, Lunes 3/6/17 Chapter 87: You Can't Handle the Truth



Some scenes combined for clarity:

Luciana remained calm in the face of the screaming banshee Graciela, who swore she would turn David's children against her. She finally delivered a sound slap at the insult to her moral fibre and stared her enemy right in the face. Too cowardly to answer back in kind, Gracie delivered one more such insult before turning tail and leaving. Luciana slapped the table in frustration.


Marta prepared breakfast for Bobby, who was a little down in the mouth. He had had a good time with his friend the day before but didn't enjoy hearing his sister and grandmother talking about how horrible it would be for David to have a girlfriend who would turn into a wicked stepmother. Marta told him that this was not true and that he should talk to his father about this. He didn't want to, and lost his appetite over this.

Juan was studying an irrigation plan for the olive grove when Perla served him his breakfast. He asked her about her last encounter with Carito in an effort to find out whether there was anything he had to worry about. He was afraid of Carito going to the police. Perla told him that this will not happen, but he made it clear he didn't like the continuation of their association.

Marta did her best to convince Bobby that he should talk about his feelings with his father. Bobby said that at school he would be bullied if he did this, but Marta said that this is different. He finally said she was right and he would tell his father everything. Neither saw Lillian enter the kitchen in time to hear the last two sentences.
What bad things are you saying to my grandson?”
The only things I do are for the children's good,”Marta answered. She left the room.
What were you talking about, Bobby?”
School,” he said. He was more somber than usual and gave the impression he was not interested in talking to Lillian.
Have you seen your aunt?”
No. I'm going. I have to talk to my dad.” He left the kitchen.

Luciana told Susan what happened in the cava and that all she was concerned about was what Gracie was going to say to the children. Susan advised her to talk to David about this before the situation became more complicated. Susan herself was wishing she could flee to Canada to keep away from Mark. Luciana reminded her that she had called the police about the current stalking and that they would re-arrest him. Susan was paranoid that the police wouldn't find him. Luciana told her to trust they would and not allow Mark to ruin her life by being in a permanent state of anxiety. Susan told her she was right. She was not as unfortunate as many women who didn't have supportive friends.

Juan yelled at Mark over the phone that he (SkidMark) need to find some missing immigrants before the police did. When he ended the call he asked Perla whether she knew anything about this. She lied like a rug and told him she didn't, saying she never goes near them anymore without his permission. She made a sarcastic remark regarding the quality of Mark's non-existent Spanish vs the immigrants' non-existent English, which only irritated Juan. He then decided to speak to Gutierrez about this.

Lillian went on the warpath at Gracie, accusing her of taking David's relationship with Luciana lying down. Gracie said she would fix this. Lillian also told her she had been wasting her time with her business schemes with Juan and to ensnare David. She was also smart enough to realize – at least for the moment – that working on Fernanda as she had been doing was only likely to alienate David. That did not stop her from almost shaking Gracie and saying in a threatening tone that nobody – least of all Marta's “sluuty” daughter – was going to ruin her life. They were still going to keep their promise to Fernanda.

Bobby entered David's study to talk to him. He started by saying that the psychologist told him he should always be honest with his dad. David was very encouraging and asked him to continue. He said he needed to tell him the things that his aunt and grandmother were saying. David was irritated that Lillian and Gracie were trying to influence him and he encouraged him to give him all the details.

Juan paid a call on Gutierrez to congratulate him and offer his support. Brian told him he was having problems with the press, who were under the impression he was a racist. Nobody wanted to help him with the charity event he was trying to organize. Juan offered his help and Brian declined so as not to get Juan in trouble with David. Juan told him he no longer worked at the vineyard.

Miguel and Ericka talked about the progress of the wine, about which both were pleased. He suggested they go out to eat. He wanted to tell her something very important. She looked a little nervous. However, when we saw them in the restaurant it didn't look like she had anything to worry about.

David asked Sonia where Lillian and Gracie were and she told him they had gone out. He said that he wanted to talk to them immediately when they returned. She left the study just as Luciana arrived and closed the door behind her. David told her that Lillian and Gracie had been filling his children's heads with nonsense. She was not surprised, mentioning that she had spoken with Bobby and also just had a fight with Gracie about this. David asked why she didn't tell him this before and she said she didn't want him to worry more because of all the other problems. He said she had to tell him everything about his kids. She started to talk about this but he stopped her saying that now Lillian and Gracie had to go.
Luciana didn't want any more problems, but she did tell David that Gracie had threatened never to leave them alone. This moved David to leave a voicemail for Gracie that he wanted to talk with her and her mother as soon as they came back. They were to come to the study immediately. Luciana was sorry he was upset, but said that it was time that he knew who they really were.

Marta talked with Ramón about how good it will be to see the back of Lillian. She was sure that once Bobby told David about Lillian's attempt at poisoning his mind that David would send her packing [We're all hoping that along with you, Marta.]. Ramón wasn't so sure this would happen despite that it would be the right thing. Marta realized she was counting her chickens before they hatched, but he told her to just relax. She said she hoped she had done well by the kids and he asked why Lillian hated her so much. She told him it was a long story and she would tell him someday. She then got up to look for Bobby to find out if he had talked to David. Ramon knew she didn't really want to have that conversation.

David was waiting in his study when the two succubi arrived. He told Lillian to close the door and she obeyed.
Is everything alright?” she asked.
I want to talk to you about your putting ideas in my children's heads,” he began.
What?” said Gracie, trying to look innocent. “We have no idea what you're talking about.”
No, we don't,” said Lillian. “And your attitude is disconcerting.”
Oh, please, Madame, stop pretending!” he shouted.
What's wrong with you? You don't talk to me that way.”
You are in my house and I will speak as I wish!”
Look, let's talk calmly,” said Gracie, getting between them. “...to better explain to us what's going on because we don't understand anything.”
I don't know what you're talking about. Everything has to have an explanation. We don't understand what's happening with you,” said Lillian.
We're your family,” said Gracie for the nth time. [Honestly, with her “family” is the new F bomb.] “You have to tell us more to figure you out, for God's sake.”
I don't believe a word you're saying,” said David. “And your explanation had better be good. If not, you're out of here this very minute.” [Por Dios, David; we had such hopes.]
The two succubi stared blankly at him, as though he were mad as a hatter.
David, you can't do this,” said Lillian.
I will do everything for the good of my children.”
David, calm down so my mother and I can clarify this problem.”
Good. You can begin by telling me the truth.”
We talk with the children but we do this honestly to be sure that you changing your life will be good for your children.”
Yes,” said Lillian. “They are not ready to get a 'new mother.'”
Her sarcasm and condescension was enough to set him off.
Are you both crazy? That isn't the way to do these things! What is with you, Graciela?”
David, my priority is the the good of my family,” said Graciela.
They are my children! And you are not going to teach them to be afraid. First you offend my people behind my back and now you do this!”
I won't permit you to do this to my daughter,” said Lillian. “Since Grace got here all she did was to tend to you and your children. Did she or not?”
Yes, but she's been putting absurd ideas into their heads that help nothing. What are you thinking, to set them against me?”
You aren't helping them either, David,” said Lillian with a hostile look. “Getting rid of Lisa's things to erase the memory of her to confuse the children. The only thing we've done is try to explain these things. That's all.”
I've made it clear I loved Lisa with my whole soul. But she is no longer with us. I can't live just on a memory. I don't think you understand.”
They stared as though they didn't have a clue what he was talking about. They clearly wanted to gaslight him.
Yes, Lisa is no longer here,” said Lillian. “...but that doesn't mean that my grandchildren have to accept just any woman into this house.”
I've made it clear that I would never bring in any woman who would treat them badly.”
Let's hope you're right. This isn't the best way to handle this but we haven't done anything wrong.”
That's true, David,” said Gracie. “It's just incredible that Luciana is behind all these bad things.”
Luciana isn't involved in this. This problem is between the two of you and me. And I will not permit anything like this with my children.”
Gracie feigned shock.
Alright; you insisted on honesty, so tell me: Was it Luciana who told you to terminate the partnership with me?”
Of course not. I made this decision.”
Therefore, since you're being honest tell my mother the truth. That you are in a relationship with Luciana.” [Really, Succubus, this is none of your f'ing business.]
What?” said Lillian, as though she had just heard this. “Since when are you going out with her?”
I don't know why I'm arguing about this with you.”
You're with her before asking the children if they're ready to see you with anyone else? Doesn't that sound like you're deceiving them?”
I will not permit you to interfere in my decisions about my children!”
I do this in Lisa's memory,” said Lillian. “Think about it. I think you're making a big mistake.”
My point is the both of you are a bad influence on Fernanda and Bobby. Graciela, I can't believe you did this after I talked to you a thousand times about it.”
I had to long before you were in love with that woman. I only wanted to confirm that my mother and I were right in protecting your children!
She feigned a collapse against Lillian's shoulder. Lillian stroked the peroxided hair and gave David the stink eye.
You are very sick, Graciela,” he said.
Why, because I care for your children? For loving you, David? Because I feel this in my silicone chest and can't remove it?”
Grace, my love, I didn't know you felt that for David,” said Lillian. [These two should be in improv theatre.] “Why did you never tell me?” She looked at Gracie's tears that were perfectly on cue.
Graciela, I'm very sorry,” David began. “but I've always been very clear with you.”
What you should be feeling is shame. I can't believe what you're doing to Graciela.”
I offered an apology, Madame. I'm truly sorry. But that is no excuse for behaving in this manner.”
Very well. Forget about her. But are you aware of the pain you are causing your children?”
The two of you were putting ideas into their heads to make them worry. Does that mean nothing?”
Think about Fernanda,” Gracie said. “You can't do this to her. We're very close. If you send us away she will feel very bad.”
Fernanda will have to understand.”
David, no. Please don't take away my grandchildren. I understand your position but they're my family, the only family I have. Don't deny my the children. Don't make me leave this house that reminds me of Lisa. Don't do this to me!” Both succubi looked at David as though he were a landlord in a Dickens novel about to evict them from their hovel.
Why would I let you stay? The only woman who has raised by children with affection is Marta.”
And my daughter!”
She is the only one who did after they lost their parents. Because yes, I accept it. I also neglected them when Lisa died.”
And I was patient because I lost Lisa, too. That was the hardest and most cruel thing that ever happened in my life. Don't be unfair, David. Don't put us out. It's not fair that you take them from me.”
Graciela, in addition I don't believe that Luciana has caused any problems. I have made my decision. Tomorrow morning you are both leaving this house.”
Gracie pulled the Victorian number again, Lillian looked mildly defiant, and David was unmoved.

Miguel and Ericka entered her father's study and Miguel announced that they were a couple. Adolfo sternly looked at him and said that he better not break his daughter's heart. He said of course he wouldn't. This pleased Adolfo very well, indeed. He insisted they celebrate.

Graciela was almost hyperventilating when she followed Lillian to her room. They began cursing Luciana, but Lillian became irritated with her daughter's hysteria. They began arguing. Neither accepted any responsibility for what led David to this decision. Lillian went on about not wanting to return like a lost dog to her apartment in San Diego.
We have until tomorrow morning to fix this,” Gracie said, in manic mode. “Believe me, I will do it.”
Lillian looked like she had doubts.

Adolfo returned to his study with the final version of the new wine, Fronteras. He poured three glasses so they could toast it, the vineyard, and the new love relationship. Susan called Miguel with the good news that César had found a worker whose testimony would clear his case.

That evening David told Luciana about the showdown in his study. She told him she was capable of defending herself, but hoped that this would avoid problems with Fernanda. He said that if so, they'd find a solution and repeated that Fernanda would have to understand. He took a long time to make this decision but he also had a right to happiness. Luciana said he needed to be prepared for any kind of reaction from Fernanda and she would be there if he needed her help. Two te amos and a kiss later she left to go to the employee quarters. After she left he had a look of concern, knowing that there was at least one challenge ahead.

León and Sonia were dining in a restaurant. They had talked about Juan's treason and almost segued into talking about their reading material. Sonia felt guilty for not seeing Juan for what he was, as though she had failed David. León started in about her jealousy when she saw him with Carito, leading it to his equal feeling whenever she spoke of David. Then he spilled the frijoles that David's novia was none other than his sister.

Luciana went into the employee quarters. Marta was cooking but stopped when she noticed that Luciana looked a bit stressed. She told Marta that David was ejecting the two succubi. Marta began worrying about Bobby, whom she had sought out earlier but he had been asleep. Luciana told her that Bobby would find out sooner or later. She was worried about Fernanda's reaction. Marta was not particularly concerned, saying that this storm would pass. Luciana said that the ejection of the witch and her daughter would bring about the most peace. Marta told her she hoped that would be the case, but she should be prepared for anything.

León called Sonia out on her feelings about David... and she actually admitted it. She admitted to having had the hots for David since she arrived. León was offended that she had never told him. She said she had to accept that her feelings for David were inappropriate and afterward.... León wasn't buying this. Sonia spoke of fantasy (David) vs reality (León) and León was not entirely convinced. “What if the boss and my sister don't work out? Will you go after him again?” He let her think. “I'm happy for my sister, but I think this will cause many problems. When Madame Lillian finds out she will go crazy.” Sonia nodded in agreement. She knew Lillian better than almost anyone else.
Lion cub, I will help your sister and Señor David.”
I hope so because I wouldn't like it if you change your mind because of anything Lillian demands of you.”

A cop came to Juan's apartment looking for Mark. He advised Juan that Mark had violated the restraining order and was in big trouble. Juan asked whether they had proof, like a recording. He even implied that Susan might be lying. When he closed the door Mark appeared out from whatever he was hiding under and Juan yelled “What's the matter with you?”

Fernanda was doing her homework when the two succubi entered her bedroom without knocking. Gracie and her crocodile tears told her that her father was evicting them for warning her about her future evil stepmother. She went on about not wanting to lose her, be away from her, etc. This gave them what they wanted, which was that Fernanda immediately left her room and began calling for her father. The two low-fived each other as Fernanda picked a fight with David.
What's wrong, daughter?”
What is wrong with you that you're throwing my aunt and grandmother out?”
Calm down. I will not permit you to talk to me like this!”
I won't permit you to separate me from my aunt!”
I will not permit your aunt or your grandmother to interfere in my relationship with you and your brother,” he said.
I can't believe you would do anything like this! You can't do anything like this to me!”
Lower your voice! I will not permit them to turn you against me.”
That's not true! The only thing my aunt has ever done is help and take care of us!”
I don't doubt that. But she has been putting absurd ideas in your heads and I will not permit that.”
Bobby came out of his room at the shouting.
What's going on?”
Dad has put Auntie and Abuela out of the house.”
Seriously?”
Yes.” She looked at her father. “He's insane.”
That's enough, Fernanda. I will not permit you to talk to me this way.”
It's true, Dad. You'll be sorry you did this. If you love me – ”
Lower your voice and don't shout at me!”
Graciela came running out to her puppet niece.
Calm down, Fer, don't shout,” she said. “I'm leaving the house. We're both leaving.”
But I don't want you to go.”
But I don't want you to fight on my account. It's better that we go. Your grandmother and I are no longer welcome in this house so tomorrow we're leaving.”
This, Father, is the most unfair thing you've done in your life and I will never forgive you!”
The little coward ran back to her room.
Fernanda!”
Sorry, David. I have nothing to do with this.” She turned around and followed Fernanda.
Don't be sad, Papa,” said Bobby. David embraced him.

Juan got on Mark's case again, finally threatening to buy back his 20% if he couldn't restrain himself. Mark left the room and Juan forced himself to calm down. He picked up the laptop, tossed aside the cover for the couch seat, and sat down in time for Perla to come home with a large bag of Chinese takeout. She sensed that he was in a bad mood. He admitted that Mark was causing it. He then mentioned his plan to ruin David. The trouble was he needed Mark who had the contacts necessary to accomplish this.

David and Bobby were at the dinner table alone. Fernanda came down with a suitcase to say goodbye. If David was throwing out her aunt, she was going with her.

[Good riddance, FerBrat.]

Labels:


Comments:
The showdown in the study demanded all the dialogue I could manage. The screen shot is from that scene. Now here's hoping that David doesn't cave to this threat.

If he allows Fernanda to leave with Gracie the girl will soon find out how much Gracie really loves her....NOT.
 

Thank you very much Urban, great recap, I just don't know how you do it with all the recapping you are doing right now. But you such delivered an excellent job!

I agree, "good riddance, Ferbrat!" David should say, "Okay dear, fine if you don't like it here, then maybe Tia can provide the lifestyle you are used to." Let's see how much DisGrace would "love" her niece if she had to have her full time. I say let Ferbrat find out what kind of succubus her aunt really is. Ferbrat is just manipulating anyway. She is probably still being egged on by DisGrace and this is the trump card.
 

Of course she is. I have a feeling David will cave but if he doesn't he needs to be prepared for FerBrat to fail her college entrance exams, not go away to school, and make more trouble for him no matter whose roof she's under.

It occurred to me when I went to bed last night that David should have offered the two succubi a first-class trip to Spain with a return ticket to San Diego. However, he should not have to spend that kind of money to be rid of them. Or forbidden them to talk to either of his children until departure the following morning. The fact that FerBrat is now 18 now becomes important.
 

OMG, they are crazy. Thank you UA for every lie, threat and absurdity.

Anything I ever said positive about Fernanda I take back. Someone needs to talk sense into Tano's head, she'll make his life a living hell.

Hmmm, so irrigation is on Juan's mind
 

That was the whole reason he wanted that property and sold his soul to the devil for it. After working for David all those years he had to know that the irrigation layout of that grove gave the vineyard access to water. This is exactly what Bruno did to Rogelio in LQNPA and for the same reasons, which ultimately turned out to be his own twisted perceptions of something he didn't witness personally. Makes me wonder whether Juan will have a similar Karmageddon.

As for Tano, he needs someone to open his eyes to who FerBrat really is. Even without Gracie's brainwashing she is too spoiled and too high-maintenance to be a good girlfriend for any guy. He's four years older and needs someone who isn't as emotionally immature as she is. David deserves some of the blame for that but most of it is on Lillian and Gracie.
 

Right, but I don't think Marta should escape if blame is handed out.

Marta, Tano, David, Luciana, all can tiptoe and sweet talk Fernanda down but it doesn't take much to set her off if she doesn't get her way. She has exams to take and yet she is dressed for a party not travel, dragging a roller bag, threatening to leave and bet hasn't told Graciela.
 

UA, I'm continually awed and the continually high caliber of your recaps. I can only imagine the time and patience it must require to so successfully record the conversation translations. Outstanding.

In spite of all the histrionics last night "They clearly wanted to gaslight him" had me smiling away.

So now, David has full knowledge and understanding that Graciela and Lili are effectively working against him at every turn. He will not be able to make any personal decisions that are not in accord with what they want and demand.

While I intensely dislike Fernanda's insolence, it is an attitude born and cultivated by Graciela's machinations. I still believe that there is a good soul encased in anger and resentment. It will be up to Luci to break through.

As Fer is now legal, David cannot force her to stay. I like your idea of having her live with Graciela, Cynthia. Yes, let's see how long of a happy household that would be!

I agree with you UA. I fear David will cave. But even if he does, there is a secret weapon in play. Sonia. "Lion cub, I will help your sister and Señor David.” Yup. I believe she will.

UA, thank you. This was great.

Diana
 

I'm more inclined to think that Gracie talked her into making that threat in the belief that this would make David change his mind. We don't know everything that happened after Gracie appeared during the argument with David. However, it doesn't really matter who initiated this idea; what does matter is how David reacts to it.

Now that FerBrat is 18 she should be allowed to experience the consequence of her actions.
 

I got a Maaaan Cruuuush on the new manly David. WOW Thank You Urban, you are sharp. A fun episode.

I agree about some tough love for a change for FerBrat.

Sure you can go live with the girls, but your tablet, phone, laptop and car stay here. Then immediately cancel service and take the keys. We haven't seen her with a car, but what spoiled little rich twit turns 18 without wheels?

Smuguel is a "Serial Committer" Hopping from one 'forever, till death do us part' relationship to the next. He is as bad as a stray dog who will not go away. Ever think about being by yourself for a while? Sheezo Smuguel, a couple weeks ago you were telling Luci the same thing. Why not just have some index cards printed with your accolades and statement of true devotion. When you meet a chick, just give her one of those and save some time.

David: David: Calling David !
Well,
Pump,
Electricity.

That is where the water is coming from to begin with, so just skip a step.
 

Miguel's plan is the same plan, different girl, cept she rich. I give him some credit his shirts have sleeve's now. Betcha he hurts Erika despite his promise.
 

Thanks UA!

Dave will totally cave. I was shocked he didn't fall for their tricks in this episode.

I got so excited when the police came to nab Mark. One day!


 

David could have changed the dynamic of all this with his kids by simply telling them "You already know her, I really like Lucianna, and so do both of you." Lillian and DisGrace's argument goes down the toilet like the stinky turd it is, Bobby loves Luci and whether she wants to admit it or not, FerBRAT knows she is a good person, not the Evil Stepmom the witches described.

Think about it Fer, your actual main reason for keeping Succubus around is she helps you with your Tano, not because you luuuurve her so much. David tapping the help could work in your favor when you have to explain Tano's baby to David.
 

Too soon for the police to get him. Unfortunately.

I thought it was hilarious that Juan put something down on his brand-new looking couch to protect it from the SkidMark. What does disturb me is that piece of artwork on his wall with the upper half of a female face obliterated.

Miguel may be a serial committer; we don't know his previous history. I don't think he was a virgin during Luciana's absence. However, what was more worrisome in the commitment conversation fragments was Ericka's "let's not talk about the future and live in the moment" mantra. That points to the serious possibility that they will marry and she will die a year or two later after the birth of their only child. That would kill her father emotionally and there is no evidence that he deserves that. Of course that would also leave Miguel in the same position as David was but without toxic in-laws. A man like that has no problem finding a new wife.

BTW, Dear Abby's second letter this morning is so apt.
 

I thought I posted a comment but don't see it.

Kirby, "We haven't seen her with a car, but what spoiled little rich twit turns 18 without wheels?" Actually, none that I've seen :)

UA, Abby dispensed some good advice. Foolish woman for giving into her 11 year old child's demands. Let's hope David doesn't do the same with his 18 year old's!

Diana
 

Some questions:

1. The new sheriff Gut is still wearing sergeant stripes on his uniform. Why?

2. One of the commentators mentioned Tano's baby. Did Fer and Tano already have sex?

3. Why is Miguel still wearing that bandana given to him by Luciana on his wrist, even when he is professing his new love for Erika?
 

wow, thank you, Urban for you time and talent.
 

That last comment was a test. I originally made a fairly long comment, and then, I had Internet connection problems , and it would not post.

Well,Dave has taken off the gloves...And his vest... And has become large and in charge. Prometheus Unbound ! Do you think that there is a big box of vests waiting to be sent off to Buenowill? Dad is mad and has called those two naughty, naughty girls on the carpet. Disgrace is hoping for a spanking, but...No spanking for you, Grace..It's suspension..Para siempre. #sistersledgewantstheirsongback
 

Fernanda and Tano haven't had sex.... yet. That would have been too important not to show. When that finally does happen I hope he has the sense to use condoms.

Fernanda doesn't have a car and I can't recall her ever driving at all. Since a car is a traditional college graduation present among US affluents she won't have one until then.

Brian's uniform is a either a serious mistake that shouldn't have been allowed to pass, a statement of the character's competence, or a passive/aggressive swipe at US law enforcement.

As to the bandana, I have seen those before and I have no clue what they supposedly mean in general.
 

Thanks, Urban. "Honestly, with her “family” is the new F bomb." You got the perfect screencap right at the top. It was fascinating to watch the two brujas' faces as David read them the riot act. Graciela especially. Her face is so expressive, she could be a cartoon character.

I saw a Frontera wine at the wine store the other night. It was from Argentina, and it was really cheap. Several varieties. I didn't buy any.

There is trouble ahead for Sonia if she's going to side with Luci and David over Lilian (because I'm guessing Lil won't be gone long). If Lil comes back/never leaves, will David make it clear to her AND to all the staff that she no longer has any authority?

But yeah, I'd love for Fernanda to stay off-site with Graciela for a few days. Heh heh.

And I loved Abby's advice for that second letter. :o)

Goblue: in answer to your question on yesterday's recap, Sara was shot by her ex-husband and died in the hospital. Then she and Yago were on that "train" (or bus) to the afterlife.

I have been wondering about the bandana too. It's not the same one every day, so I guess he has a collection and Luci's was just one of many. As to why he wears them, I have no idea. Are grapevines thorny?
 

GoBlue that was me with the baby. I was joking, but the way TNs are and the way Fer is all over Tano I could see it happening.
 

It is a "Promise Rag"
 

When Erika discovers Smuguel is still wearing Luci's promise rag I hear Freak Out by Kool and the Gang. :-)
 

That is sooooo romantic!
 

By design.
 

Julie..Grapevines are not thorny. I think Miguel uses that to wipe the sweat from his brow...Instead of wearing the bandana around his neck, Miguel wraps it around his wrist.

I am interested in SOnia's history with LIlian. How did they meet? How long have she known her? Does SOnia have knowledge about Lilian's closet of skeletons? I do not understand much of the dialogue, so I sometimes make up my own lines. During the meeting between DAve and Sonia :
Dave: Sonia, you should totally lose your...Vest..And open the first three buttons of your shirt. All the cool kids do it..LUci..Miguel....And Luci.




 

Kirby: Erika doing "Freak Out" by Kool & the Gang ROFLOL.

Susanlynn: Graciela has MORE bags of tricks up her sleeve non-stop. She's done destroying Luciana & Co., yet.

Julie: I really like to know MORE about Sonia's family history. She's old enough to be Leon's mommy :)

UA: FerBrat obviously doesn't want to go to college because she's LAZY!

Tofie: Bobby obviously likes Luciana from the get-go!



 

That headscarf that all the suburban Hell's Angels wannabes wear is called a Do-Rag. IE: It covers up their Ward Cleaver hairDO so as not to draw attention away from their fresh from ebay leather scary biker vest with included sinister patches. (Ending in 4 hours and 32 minutes)

So it just made sense that it is a promise rag, just sayin....................:-).
 

I am surprised that Fer is leaving the vineyard with this and abuelo because she won't have easy access to TAno now. Very dramatic ..Walking out in a hissy fit. That'll show dad who is in charge. Dim Twit. She deserves to live with this and abuelo for awhile. who will do the cooking and the laundry? Fer? Are you ready to take care of your loving relatives like Daddy and his staff have been doing all this time? You may have to get a job!! Yikes. #waitwhat
 

This --tia Autocorrect no habla Espanol.
 

Susanlynn, I like your replacement dialogue for David. If only these characters had your sense of humor. (or any sense of humor)
 

Susanlynn and Julie, I'm thinking that Fer reacted so quickly and angrily, it might have been one of the few instances where Tano escaped her mind!

Surely she wouldn't "leave" him to go with the gruesome twosome (?)

Interesting point about how Sonia ended up there. Julie I share your concern regarding Lili directing her wrath toward Sonia. But as Lili is obsessed with Marta, she will likely continue to bear the brunt of most of Lili's anger. After all, she is Luci's mother too which adds fuel to the fire.

Diana
 

Good point, Diana. Lil may not have enough energy left over to bother Sonia.

(I'm assuming that Lil and Disgrace won't be gone long, if they ever go away at all.)

And I like Susanlynn's suggestion that Fer should get a job. I recommend food service. It is extremely humbling, because hungry people are the meanest people in the world.
 

If FerBrat moves out with Dislian they three will end up eating out three meas a day.

And Tano will soon discover that he is dating a grown up Honey BooBoo and moonlighting his day job at the vineyard as an unpaid servant to Mama June. Ha Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha
 

Oh, UA, thank you for transcribing all that dialogue. Uni's CC3 was having a slow night, so that helped a lot. This ep was, for once, all about David and As Usual Unnecessarily Haughty Lilian (seriously, going "I don't like your tone" to the guy who's letting you stay in his house when he's blasting you just reinforced her grade-A bitchery) and Graciela, and it actually lived up to that. That said, being that this was finally occurring in the 87th episode of a 140-episode show, I'm kind of wondering if it's a little late.

Fernanda has already been shown to be impulsive at times to a fault--mostly exacerbated by Team Succubus--so her going straight to "If my tia goes, I go" at least made sense. Since Tano is currently her sanity check, though, it's up to him--or the absence thereof?--to help drag her back over to the side of rationality. Or at least until she finally gets a glimpse of the real Graciela and/or Lilian, whenever that is.

Juan apparently planning some sort of play using the Los Olivos irrigation water supply to sabotage Bodega de Los Angeles...why am I not surprised that this apparently also happened in LQNPA, another fine Guero Castro product? At least he's being a more active villain now, and that's still good.

But the Sonia thing is odd at this point. After Lilian fired her, David literally vetoed it and she stuck around; so, while she still answers to her, she knows David's got her back. Then again, Sonia's always been a shrinking violet around Lil.

And I'm tempted to start a new VEA drinking game: take a sip any time Marta evades a question about either her past loves or why she and Lilian hate each other.
 

OMG! I can't wait to read this, Urban! Little thing like work has gotten in the way! Thank you so much! Oh yeah, haven't finished watching either, looks like a good episode!
 

The irrigation thing also happened in FELS. I wonder if there are laws about that sort of thing.
 

Hmm, thinking some more about the irrigation thing: in Westerns, there are often stories about people feuding with their neighbors regarding grazing rights, or their herd's access to a lake for drinking water, or just being able to cut through. So I guess it's really not such a big surprise that irrigation could crop up (ha ha! see what I did there?) as a plot device, too. But on the other hand, your access to water should not be totally reliant on your neighbors' goodwill.
 

I think there was also something about irrigation in LSDP or water for livestock. Someone said during another novela discussion that rivers are public water in Mexico and it's illegal to interfere with it. However, this takes place in Sonoma, California so other rules may apply.
 

UA: Sonia is basically Lillian's THE HELP!
 

Well, as Kirby stated...well. We dug a well when we built this house. The water table is high here , so we did not have to go very deep, but a friend of ours had to go very deep for his well. I think that California has some drought issues. I guess that water is becoming more and more valuable. The EPA gets involved.

P.s.Julie..yes, I did see what you did there. Good one.
 

I put down a well myself to water my lawn. Easy Peasy in this sand. Loads of water. But in Ca. and enough water to do the whole vineyard I don't see Luc and Dave out there on a Saturday morning with a load of pipe and wellpoints.

Hire it done for probably what you are spending a month on the freeloaders.
Kick the Hoes to the curb (Not the kirb) have a well put down and help the PoPo get NoJuan.

Hopefully Fer will write once in a while.
Make some good looking future wine stompers.
Yaaa kickin'.
 

WELL, I see what YOU did there, Susanlynn.

I was thinking about the California water situation as I was driving through the rain to work this morning. I hardly ever see rain in TNs, but when I do, it's usually heavy. I don't know if that's a reflection on the Mexican climate, or just dramatic license.

But now we are in Sonoma/Napa which, according to Wikipedia, gets less than 30" of rain per year, mostly during the winter. On the other hand... we know there's a river nearby. Great place to get stoned.
 

Julie....And again, I see what you did there. Yeah, we crack us up.

I am very curious to see what the writers show us about the Sonia\Lilian story. Do they have a history? The way Lilian is always bossing SOnia around, they do not appear to be friends. Oh, wait, Lilian bosses everyone around. Hall monitor to the universe.
 

I don't think there's any history between Sonia and Lil. I think Lilian just enjoys being a tyrant, and Sonia is the person she has the most access to. But because everyone else avoids Lil, Sonia is also the closest thing Lil has to a friend. So, sometimes Lil accidentally lets her feelings show around Sonia, and then she's extra-abusive to compensate. That's how I see it, anyway...
 

Thanks, UA! Terrific, as usual. I just wish David had been even more forceful with those wenches. And Fer. Talking to her Daddy like that? In the old days, she'd a been wakin' up out of a coma after that little display. Let the heffa go. I can't wait for her to find out the whole truth about her beloved aunt. Skinny little snot-nosed brat!

Lord, Miguel. Why is Adolfo so happy about him pairing up with his daughter. Miguel aint got a pot to piss in that I know of. Oh, well, good to see a parent happy when his offspring is happy. Now Susan needs to keep her conversations with him to grapes and human trafficking and not go dropping tidbits about Luciana.
 

Lila..I want you to tell us how you r e a l l y feel about Fer. Do not hold back, girl

Miguel certainly will be lucking out in the in-law department if he marries Erica.Aldolo seems to be a nice guy..except for dating Lilian. Dave, on the other hand, got Lilian ..with Disgrace as a bonus. He must have done something awful in another life to get that duo. I am still wondering why the writers brought up Erica having asthma or something. Why bring that up if it is not part of the storyline somehow.
 

Lila you left out Heffa. I do like a girl who is good with words.

I know David, I know, you love your kids

I know, I know you feel guilty about gettin inta a funky funk for a couple years.

But now that you are back, be BACK. Stand up to your punk ass little daughter and be a Daddy.
Show her some real strength and consistency that she can always count on whether she likes it or not.

If she wants to move, let her move. Take bets on her Facebook how long she will be gone, you are friends there right?

Hell, if it is such a good idea, PAY Bobby to pretend to want go with them also. Teach him how to scratch like he has lice.
 

Ja ja ja! Susanlynn, I'm old school and these kids drive me crazy talking to their parents like that! I totally agree with Kirby's advice to Dave! Regulate that HEFFA!

;D
 

Lila..yes, I cannot imagine ever speaking to my dad or mother that way. Can Fer be saved once she discovers her aunt and grandma' s true colors?

I am still wondering how Lisa's murder will be uncovered. Disgrace is becoming so unhinged and desperate that she may actually blurt it out to Dave at some point.

I believe that Sheriff Gut is going to bring Juan and Marked down and redeem himself . I could never buy a guy like Gut as Lilian'slap dog . wuf.

Also, will we ever find out what really went down between Lilian, Marta, and Fernando because Fernando is dead , so it will always be "she said" "she said."
 

Lisa's murder. Yah, how will that be revealed? Will Juan blurt out his suspicions in a desperate moment? I can't imagine what could occasion that. Could DisGrace blurt it out? Yah, she would have had to gone totally bonkers by then. I hope it's well-thought out and entertaining.

Marta and Fernando's relationship seems to be like that secret little box Juan had: an undeveloped plot point. Did you notice Ramon looking at her all sketchy-like when she dodged his question? Ah don't know. It's filler, like the liquid in a pot of greens: plot liquor, no substance but can be used to flavor things if needed.


 

I think Disgrace will blurt it out, probably as an insane brag in a desperate attempt to mortify David and/or Lilian.

But... now that David knows all of Juan's sins (well, all of Juan's sins that Disgrace knows of)... there's little reason for Juan to keep Disgrace's secret except to extort money from her. Since she's been too busy with bitchery to paint much lately, she might run out of blackmail money. Then it will be time for Juan to talk.

Granted, Juan has a severe credibility problem with David now. But we'll see what's in that little box.
 

Hmm..the box. ...what's in that box? It has to be something small... A key, a ring, a letter??? Is it big enough to hold Lisa's cellphone? Did Juan get suspicious when the body was discovered and head to the river to snoop around?
 

Julie, the blackmail angle seems credible. I could see Juan blurting it out when Gracie's in Dave's presence to punish both of them. He already, during the fight, sneered and yelled to David that if Lisa had married him, she would be alive. He would love to stab and twist a knife like that in David's heart.

Yah, the box could hold Lisa's cell but what would be on it? Seems a stretch for it to have been in record mode and recorded the fight. Yah. Don't know.
 

Hmm..the box is too small to hold The Bloody Rock of Death with fingerprints. Maybe some kind of recording of Disgracie panicking and babbling to Juan that day after the rock bop.
 

Whatever it is Juan believes it will totally destroy David. So Susanlynn perhaps it is a letter from Lisa to Juan.
 

Tofie..Could it be a photo of Lisa in a compromising position?
 

Oh my, Polaroid's Juan took before she met David?
 

Tofie..maybe not. I suppose a photo or letter or anything paper would be in an envelope instead of a box. A box is more likely to hold some kind of three dimensional object. What item would destroy Dave? A key to something in a storage unit or locker?
 

Kryptonite?
 

Kirby, excellent guess.
 

UA, This good action packed mouthing off By the two sucubuses and the little spoiled braty fer. I can't stand that girl right now. She is a spoiled disrespectful Little snot. It would be good for her to leave, that would serve her spoiled But right. Lillian and Gracie can't stand her or bobby. Bobby isn't a problem but Fer Need to learn some things. Little
Airhead. Thanks UA.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder