Saturday, June 03, 2017

LaPiloto #64 6-2-17: Hot On The Trail, Picking Up The Pieces and Tying Up Loose Ends

I have a video without CC so far and have about 50% of what's been said and 25% sort of what's been said and 25% of nada about what was said.  I prefer to wait for the CC'd version on this capítulo which won't arrive till late tonight if Loony Uni follows the pattern.  Oh well.....

The major points are these:

  • John meets up with Col. Santa(he-ain't)Maria.

  • They find Oscar, who apparently knew all about guns and shooting them, but not how to properly put on and open a parachute.  (Oh, poor Oscar, we knew ye [oh too] well....  but do send us a shout out every once in a while from Hell.)  The farmer who found him helps to bury the dude--we assume--and then S&M shoots him dead in the head for his troubles.  "--Jus' tyin' up loose ends."  Even John knows when to hold his peace er... his piece.....  and is actually speechless.  John thus goes from dealing with one murderous lunatic brother to another (uh...his brothe' from anothe' mothe').

  • DEADave makes it out of that tree without even a scratch on his fabulous carmel-colored leather jacket.  (I kept looking for that bloodless bullet hole in the back but zip, zero, nada.  I had to remember he was supposed to be wearing a Kevlar vest so no blood, but the jacket wasn't.  Fire the dude in charge of continuity, would ya?)

  • Yolanda's not much more for wear later that morning either, even after her electric shock treatment--not even a bit of black encircling those lovely eyes of hers.  Yep, she's ready to pilot a plane to Toluca (or some'eres)!  She reports the news reports that the plane crashed and 2 bodies were found burned inside.  The Lucio brothers are unaccounted for officially.  She asks permission from Vergara to do her job.  --This is all after contacting Dave on his cell and grousing with him that she really, really tried NOT to kill him with that grenade--even turned the 'copter around all herky-jerky to avoid carpet bombing that plane. NOT good enough for DEADave, of course.  (I believe she tells him she was forced because they threatened the baby.  He again says she should have trusted him--maybe?  I say yeah, like he's done such a good job of it so far with Mama and Rosalba....)

  • Ruiz and Raul are hot on Arley's trail after Arley tricked the hospital social worker into giving him the 411 on Amanda and then on Yoli's description as his son's kidnapper.  He is undone by the walkie-talkie reports coming through on Ms. Social Worker's w-t.  Arley races through the corridors; he catches the unsuspecting Ruiz by surprise in a corridor and knocks him cold, only to get away down the street in the end.

  • Dave meets up with Raul who was sad to think Dave had bought it in the plane crash, but is now glad he really didn't.  

  • At the woman's prison, Braids tells Moni that she doesn't believe a word of The Prince Azul's (aka White Knight Dave's) B.S. about extraditing her to the U.S. if she hassles Moni anymore.  Braids and her posse force Moni into another hallway in the cell area and Braids takes a well-aimed punch.  "--I rule here!!"  However, this time Moni has her knife and slips it out of her shoe or sock or wherever it was hidden and cuts Braids a good one across the thigh.  "--Now who rules here??"  The posse all flee.  "--Who? Me?  Who?? We??"  And to emphasize the point...ahem...Moni cuts Braids a long scarring slice down her cheek and saunters off down the passageway.  (Now THAT'S retribution that talks large and sayz there's a new gal in charge!)

  • The Gone Girls and Wilmer wait for Yoli at the landing field.  They've got something planned but I'm damned if I can follow it.  Zulima plays her best pal part to the hilt again and scoops the poop on the plotting group.

  • Dave and Fajardo reason that Lucio is again on the luce...er... the loose....and who could have helped him to escape--who could have known about the schedule for his transfer to American custody at the airport????  Why S&M of course, who had Dave's DEA issued cell phone!  (All of this conveniently having slipped Dave's mind when he was rescued from Monica's apartment earlier.)


Labels:


Comments:
Six Fifty Four, pretty good for winging it, actually better than DEADave winging it. Thanks.

They must think we don't pay attention. If they do not show Dave laying there after being shot, with one eye barely open playing dead, they need some blood, or a bullet hole in that expensive jacket or something. Like Anita said yesterday about Yoli, torture to make the CIA green with envy, but her makeup and hair are still perfect.

Anyway. S&M is looking more like the original Terminator as he nonchalantly shoots people's brains out the back of their heads. Like you said, even John was a bit taken aback by that.

I was holding my breath when Arley was about to see the surveillance tape and hopefully ID Zooli. But it is not the last 30 minutes of this show, so it is apparently too soon. Do these girls not see the sneaky conniving look on Zooli? Do they not notice that when there is a secret she turns her back or vanishes for a moment?

I could have done without 30 minutes or so of "Oh Buddy, My wonderful (DEAD) brother, I will miss you so Buddy." I wish I had been counting the "Buddy"s Well, John, you may not miss him for as long as you are thinking. You two might be reunited before long.

I don't care if Moni gets in trouble or not, BitchwithBraids had it coming, and got the least of what she deserved. Good for you Monica. And thanks Dave. It was cute how Braids posse vanished like cockroaches in the light when the shit went down.

And Thank You Again Jardinera

Four thirty two out
 

Wow...you don't have to add anymore for me, Jardinera. I'm sure you got it all (even in real life, body language and tone of voice communicate a lot more than actual words) and your inimitable sassy commentary made it all the more entertaining.

I imagine by now Steve has completely given up on his body count. It would be in the high hundreds by now. Carnage 'R Us.

Thanks for struggling through the mumbling Colombian accents and distilling what you could out of this. Kudos and thanks to you, girlfriend.
 

Jar--Don't bother waiting for the CC's. This was perfect. Only one little detail, unless I didn't see right.....I thought they stuffed dead Oscar in the back seat of the car. But I could be wrong, because there were two farmers and only one got assassinated. Talk about cleaning up any left-overs, S&M missed that morsel.

Ha, yes, Dave's leather jacket suffered no damage. Maybe Wardrobe borrowed it from another tn and had to sign a form that no harm would come to it.

Kirby, I agree, the homage to Dead Bro went on too long. We didn't need to review all his transgressions made in the name of brotherly love.
 

Jardinera I second Anita. What you have is fine, don't put any more effort into it. If we can't figure something out we can ask, but you covered it all.
Goodbye Bro...Buddy went on too long. I wish I had counted the number of times Buddy has been said. I was sure enjoying seeing O-Boy bounce and then be still, but enough is enough. I wonder where John got the idea they would eventually be reunited with Mom? Is she La Tona from Double Life?
 

And it was worth waiting for "scoops the poop on the plotting group."

 

Thank you so much, Jardinera! This episode was pure filllllleeeeeeer with a couple of murders and one gunfight to make it seem like something important happened. It all seems like such a merry go round by the "Buddy: The Great Brother" tour. I felt for John, yes, but man flashback, flashback, flashback like….

Speaking of flashback, how many time is Yolanda going to remember her post coitus promise to Dave? Remember when she kicked him to the curb and left him dangling on her hook, sure sucks for the shoe to be on the other foot, huh?

Arley was the only person moving with purpose this episode. #teamarley!
 

Thanks, Jardinera. You covered all I need to know.

Best part for me was Arley on the trail of his baby.

Dave and Raul not understanding the Gone Girls had no choice is getting verrry tiring.
 

Niecie I was sitting there yelling Come On roll the video and let him see Zulima driving. The social worker said they could see the license plate on the video. (Which benefits nothing)
 

Judy B: I lost count.
 

Kirby: Oscar is dead ? Not surprised because he got what was coming to him.

My guess on the Body Count:

1.) Yolanda's Father

2.) One of the Smugglers

3.) Amanda AKA Flight Girl #1

4.) Simpson: his corrupt ass deserved it.

5.) DEA Special Agent Baker

6.) Several of the Mexican Federal Law Enforcement Authorities

7.) Rubio

8.) Oscar Lucio

If anyone else can correct me on this because I've missed a lot.
 

Steve it appeared his chute did not open or he had a Mae West. He contacted the earth at a very high speed.
 

And Steve, the pilot and other DEA fellow in the doomed plane from which John, Dave, and O-Boy jumped.
 

Anita: Yep, Oscar, never to grouch no more, was squished into the backseat and then disappeared in the next car scene when the one farmer was shot dead after getting out. I didn't see the body and did look for it so I assumed- as did Viewerville-- that they'd buried O in some field somewhere rather than have him stinking up the trunk and the car in that heat. As S&M said, nothing is going to revive him, so vamos!

===========

Steve B/Judith: I also remember the groundskeeper at the AerosTour and Moni's sister and Yoli's demented sex fiend uncle, then Zeki's family (3) for sure, Raul's papi, S&M's seargent who turned coke dealer for the local narcienda owner.....

=============
Niece: "Dave and Raul not understanding the Gone Girls had no choice is getting verrry tiring." ITSA.

 

Judy: ITSA- "the mumbling Colombian accents" are the same in real life, and one of my Colombiana friends spoke like that. I thought what am I missing here? The Guatamalans' and Costa Ricans' accent is like enough to Mexican and I could deal. My Cubana friend tried speaking with less accent for me, but she was college educated and I think it made a difference.....dunno. It's a challenge for some Norwegians I know to understand British dialect and for me to understand Scottish brogue. (Grrr!!) What will be another true challenge is when I return to Andalucia this summer to visit the grandkids and meet their parents' new Malagueñan(?) friends!!!
 

Oh well, Jardinera, as my hearing deteriorates heck! I'm even having trouble understanding English these days. Young people mumble and speak too fast sometimes for me to make out what exactly they're saying...especially over the phone. Not liking this aging process one bit!
 

Judy B: The Colonel is one twisted PSYCHOPATH!
 

Judy B. It is not just you. Many people, primarily young ones, speak like they type/text such as "Wer U Goin?" for Where are you going?

An example is the hood rat teen who gained a moment of fame on TMZ for her obnoxious challenge to someone as 'Cash me ouzie' which translates to "Catch me Outside" (and I will beat your ass).
 

Good to know Kirby. Just in case! Because I am still teaching, I really try to enunciate so as to be understood, but clearly that is not a priority for a lot of people.
 

JudyB/Kirby, obviously this is not new. I was briefly a Latin teacher though I worked in IT most of my life. I've made some attempts to learn the basics of the Romance languages. I'm always fascinated by how the Moderns messed up the original Latin. Realistically the uneducated Romans likely did not speak the pure Latin such as Virgil or Cicero. I watch these novelas with Spanish closed captions. I cannot understand some of the accents!
 

Lynette, part of me is "old school" and wants the grammar rules followed and the pronunciations crisp, but another part recognizes that language has a life of its own and is meant to evolve, in terms of accents, vocabulary and grammar. But as the years go by it's harder and harder to keep up. My Colombian friend here is easy to understand because she is a high school Spanish teacher. I have another student from Argentina who has differences in pronunciation and vocabulary but I can manage. But all this is quite different from rapid-fire dialogue in a telenovela.
 

Do actors speak faster reciting memorized lines than they would in normal real life? I think they do, because in speech class it seems that you tend to run it at full throttle when you are reciting something from memory. Like spit it out before you forget it.
 

Kirby--then you haven't heard a Silvia Navarro interview. She talks very rapidly on and off stage, but at least, so far (fingers crossed) she hasn't had to use any slang variations in her roles. She's also easy to understand. OTOH, an interview is sort of like being on stage.

I feel sorry for Danilo (oops, wrong tn), because he must be "in grinning sleaze form" all the time. I don't remember him being misunderstood on PyP.

I grew up bi-lingual with River Plate Spanish all around me and I get a kick out of the many actors from South of the southern border who will still fall back on the hard "y" and hard double "ll." Rene Stickler still does it, Juan Soler not so much, Horacio Pancheri with hardly any of his Argentinian accent left.

 

Nifty discussions on accents here. I must admit I fall into the classicist mode with Judy B.
 

Kirby: "Do actors speak faster reciting memorized lines?" I seem to think so. I feel it is like something you've done/memorized and played through so many times you just want to get through it when the final take comes along and nobody seems to care.
 

Anita, Oops wrong TN, he was pretty sleazy in P&P too. Actually just about the spittin image of the Danilow we have in DL.
 

Thanks Jardinera!!!!

I was shocked Oscar was actually dead. It will be interesting to see how John navigates around SM now. I'm actually hoping John kills SM for Yoli, when he finds out what SM did to her for all of those months. But for that to happen John would need to speak with Yoli so not sure how that works out.

I hope Arley finds out Zuli murdered Amanda but I don't want him raising the kid. He's a psychotic killer.
 

Carvivlie Arley can whack Zooli, and then get caught by the cops and that will leave the kid to be raised by the state or the ex-narco flight attendants. Well, actually any scenario doesn't look promising for young Master Mena.

Will SM replace O-Boy as the other half of the "Lucio Brothers"? Will John take a move out of SM's playbook and shoot him in the head without warning? Will SM do the same, given that at some point John might no longer be of value to SM's ultimate goal of finding Yoli? I actually do not think SM has any interest in becoming a bonafide Narco, Per Se, so replacing O-Boy is probably out. So I suspect one or the other will kill or try to kill the other shortly. IE: once SM is sure he has found Yoli John is dead man walking.

It would work for John to kill SM saving Yoli and then that's out of the way, and Yoli and John can spend the rest of their lives in prison and be penpals. Since there are only 2 possible mates for DEADave, he defaults to Moni.
 

Kirby, there's a line from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay book that Katnis will choose (between the 2 guys) "whoever she can't survive without". I feel like Yoli, if and only if John redeems himself somewhat in her eyes, will make the same type of choice. Not on love or feelings but pure survival need.
 

Regardless of how she got there, Yoli is in a Helluva predicament. She would almost have to bring down the Senator and all his cohorts, develop cures for cancer and Ahlzheimers, and end world hunger to get out of this mess.
 

Kirby: I do NOT SEE the Senator & his cronies going down anytime soon.

He might become Mexico's next President.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder