Monday, January 29, 2018

Caer en Tentación #72, 1/29/18, Lunes: Catch and Release


Chapter 72: Catch and Release

Carolina's cell rang. She shut if off, telling Raquel she was doing so so they could talk.
I am turning off the phone so we can talk.”
We can talk. I like clarity. I understand your reaction to what happened with Benjamín because I'm a mother. I don't accept your reaction but I understand it.” She paused a moment. “Why did you hurt me? Why did you hurt me so much?” She started to cry. “You accused me in front of my husband of being unbalanced and unable to take care of a baby. You know full well or suspected that this would prevent Santiago and my husband from allowing me to take care of a baby.” Carolina looked as though she was going to answer this but not in a positive way. “I only want you to know that I am not sick.” Carolina started, but Raquel interrupted. “No, no, no, I'm sorry but I'm not out of my mind or unable to care for a baby. It was an accident. You exposed me in front of my husband and hurt me. You are not my friend.”


I asked you to forgive me, but you deserved it and despite that I love you.”
You don't love me, Carolina. If you really did you would talk honestly. You'd be honest with me and for a while there are things I don't understand and of course I'm afraid to ask you. You know that I can't understand why you don't look me in the eye? That my best friend who knows everything about me won't see me? So what are you hiding?” She looked at her through slitted eyes. “And I'm supposed to ask what happened to our friendship?”
Carolina froze, not knowing what to say.
So, for the first time tell me the truth. What are you hiding? Because I think that's what it is. What is it that's so serious that you won't look at me?”

Damián spoke with Lola in his office to tell her that Andres wouldn't bother her anymore. He tried to get her to tell him exactly what happened, but she didn't. He knew from her facial expression and body language that she was hiding something.
Mia and Julieta were also in the office building, Mia wanting to see her father. Or spy on him. She was sure that Carolina was going to call him. Julieta had wanted to go home but Mia said she needed her there. She would tell her everything if she stayed. She started talking about having boinked Nico when Andres came out of his office. Julieta alerted Mia. Andres was not pleased at seeing them.
What do you want?” he asked. “You're here to see your father?”
Yes. Where is he?”
He's very busy with Lola. Now you're going to fight. She's the favorite now. Excuse me, Miss,” he said to Julieta. “Bye.” He walked out with a smirk.

Well, you can't face me,” Raquel said. She wiped away a tear.
Raquel, I owe you everything. I owe you that I could do what I do and that Santiago accepted my going to work. And that I'm an independent woman who isn't comdemned to being a housewife. And I love you. .. Despite everything you are very important to me. You are a great woman and I admire you –” She started to cry. “I tell you this with my whole heart.”
I'm very imperfect, Carolina. In lots of ways. You are not my friend. There's something that tells me that you are not sincere. You need to understand that I've had it. I can't forgive you. I am not judging you or your family. I don't know what you want to do with the catering business; I suspect you'd like it off your hands as soon as possible. We will be in contact over that.”
Carolina cried a bit more.
Raquel, I don't want to separate. Please.”
Is there another, more viable option?” Raquel asked. She was losing patience. “If you wish to sell your share to me, I would like to buy it. Think about it. When the time comes you might want to talk to Damián because it's an extension of his business but I ask you to not talk to him. I will be in charge of it. We're agreed?”
Carolina nodded. Raquel turned to leave.
Raquel, forgive me.”
Raquel's only answer was a mildly contemptuous look before she walked out. Carolina leaned against the wall and cried.

Lola denied that there was anything seriously wrong; that it was only something about work. She offered to resign but Damián said he wanted her to stay. She was doing well and Azucena spoke well of her. She asked him to tell that to Andres in the hope that this would help. Damián stepped to the other side and took her hands. “I want to be comfortable and I want you to be happy,” he said.
Am I interrupting something?”
Damián got up at the sight of Mia, who walked in at that exact moment.
Daughter, come in.”
What were you doing?”
Talking with Lola.”
Yes, talking with Lola,” Mia repeated, sarcastically. “You know, I won't interrupt you any more. I needed you but you're busy playing daddy to Lola.” She walked out.
Mia, come back here,” he said. Not willing to take the chance that she would walk out altogether he went out into the hall. “Mia, don't go.”
What the hell were you talking about with that girl?”
I was talking to Lola about work. She works here, remember?”
Yes, but she's more important to you than your own daughter.”
Excuse me, but I have to go,” Julieta said. She was obviously embarrassed at what she was witnessing.”
You aren't going anywhere,” said Mia.
Mia, we'll talk later.”
Then I'm going with you.”
You are staying here,” said Damián. “Azucena, would you call a cab for Julieta so she can get home?”
Yes, sir.”
'Bye,” said Julieta to Mia as she followed the secretary.
What is it, Mia? Why are you behaving like this?”
Because you worry about everyone but me.”
That is not true.”
Ultimately you and Mother know about everyone except Fede and me.”
That's the result of every time I want to talk to you you're busy.”
But you promised. Every time I see you it's Lola or Carolina. You're always with Carolina. I know every time. What is going on with you and her?”

Antonio called Fernando on the carpet about his foolish assignation with Cecelia. It compromised the case and she was the only witness. He was sure he would need to bring this to an ethics committee which would recommend that Fernando be fired from the police force.
Fernando knew that this had been a mistake. He took off his badge and put it on the desk. Antonio told him he had to get Cecelia out of the house and fix his marriage. Fernando was sure that Laura wouldn't listen to him. Antonio told him that he was a good man and a good cop and that was why he mentored him, but this was his last chance. He was to fix his marriage, starting with telling Laura the truth, if he was going to keep his career.

Santiago and Nacho shared a beer after work. Santiago was concerned about the tension between Carolina and Raquel. He didn't want to lose Raquel from his life. He became a better man, a better husband, and more confident thanks to her. Nacho wondered whether Santiago was falling in love with Raquel, but Santiago told him that she was just a friend. Nacho wasn't so sure, since he thought women are always competing.... and that Santiago was competing with Damián, who was decent, outgoing, successful, etc. Was he jealous that Lola was working for Damián? Santiago denied that. Nacho told him that if the friendship with Raquel was good for him he should preserve it. He should also talk to Carolina.

Carolina sat at her dining room table, depressed about the encounter with Raquel. She told Florencia she had never had a good friend before and this loss really bothered her. She took Benjamín and there was a loud knock on the door. Florencia opened the door only to be shoved out the way by Vicente, who barged in.
Vicente, what are you doing here?”
Because your lover hasn't paid what he owes me.”
Florencia heard every word and Carolina knew it.

Bebo and Lola sat in her living room. He asked her why she hadn't filed charges against Juan and she said she wanted to tell her father first.
It's too late for that. You didn't tell anyone about Juan; therefore Juan is capable of anything. You have to denounce him.”
I'm sorry.”
Why are you asking my pardon?”
For involving you in all this.”
On the contrary. I'm happy to get involved.”
Don't say that. I'm upset that things could have been different.”
Lola, you are the most important thing in my life.” He held her hand and raised it to his lips. “I won't let anything happen to you. I'll go with you when you denounce him.”
But it will be dangerous. Juan could be waiting for us.”
Be calm. Nothing will happen; you'll be with me.”
There was a knock. Lola looked up and toward the door. Bebo stood up to answer it.

Federico and Luz were playing ball with her son over by a public fountain. The child already had a good kick. Federico explained to Luz that he concealed his identity because he didn't want privileges at work that would come with being a Becker. She told him that both she and Daniel were confused. There were no “signals.”
But I'm here,” he said.

Mia and Nicolás were in her room and she was telling him that she couldn't accept what her father had done to her mother.”And I don't like what my mother is doing either. She's doing it for revenge, not for love.”
I don't want to deny my father. But I will help you. Your father and my mother betrayed them. They betrayed all of us. They had a son. And you still think your mother doesn't have the right to be happy?” His cell phone rang. He looked at it.
Is it her?”
Yes, but I don't want to answer.”
You have to. You have to see what she says.”
She backed him up against the door. It rang again.
What do you want?” he asked.
Your father is going to be freed,” Alina told him.
What?”
That your father is being freed. Didn't you get that?”
Yes, thanks.”
He ended the call. Mia had been leaning in to hear Alina's voice.
Your father is freed,” she said.
Nicolás embraced her and gave a smile of relief as Mia leaned against him.

Antonio gave Santiago the news, saying that it would happen as soon as his lawyer had completed the relevant paperwork. He also warned him to avoid causing any more problems.

Bebo opened the door and backed away as Juan entered, holding a pistol aimed between his eyes.
Calm down, Juan,” he said to him. “Calm down.”
Juan, calm down, please,” Lola said.
Shut up, slut!” Juan shouted. He looked at Bebo. “I'm calm. About to commit a crime, no? Turn around.”
You are a coward,” Bebo said, staring straight at Juan.
Turn around.”
Bebo complied and Juan hit him with the gun butt on the back of his head. Lola cried out as he fell on the floor.
Someone help me!” she shouted. Juan pointed the gun at her.
It's your fault,” Juan said. “You had sex with him. You're carrying my baby and you had sex with him!” His voice got louder and he got closer, pointing the pistol in her face. “Close your eyes.”
She shook her head, not taking her eyes off him.
Close your eyes,” he said through clenched teeth while moving the pistol closer.
She shook her head again.
Close your eyes.” This time the muzzle touched her left ocular orbit.
He issued his demand again, this time crying. He backed away slightly. Fernando appeared silently at the open door, his pistol drawn. Juan looked to his left.
Drop the gun, Juan,” said Fernando, calmly. He was now fully inside.
Bebo slowly got up from the floor.
Don't come near me,” Juan said.
Calm down,” Fernando said. “Surrender the weapon and nobody has to get hurt.”
Don't come any closer!”
Drop the gun!”
Juan stepped closer to Lola, was momentarily distracted by Bebo getting up, and Fernando hit the back of his head with the pistol butt. SWAT team members entered with rifles in hand. Fernando wrestled Juan into a half nelson as he tried to get to the dropped weapon, which then slid under a piece of wicker furniture.
Let go of me! Let go of me!” Juan yelled.
Bebo went to Lola, telling her nothing happened.
I'll be back! I'll send you to hell! I'll kill you!” Juan yelled as the police dragged him out. Fernando looked at Lola and Bebo.
Are you alright?”
Yes. How did you know?”
Senora Raquel filed charges. She told us this creep was threatening you.”
He called Antonio to inform him as Bebo hugged Lola, who was still shaking.

At the hospital the attending physician made the routine tests on Damián while a nurse sponge him down. There was no reaction to the sensation tests on Damián's legs. However, he gripped the nurse's hand when she got to it.
Doctor! He gripped my hand.”
It's a reflex action, automatic. It's happened before.”
This time it's different.”
We'll have to do some other tests [???] to determine brain activity, then make a decision.”
But I did feel it.”
He hasn't awakened for a long time. There isn't much hope, but let's do the tests.”
They left the room. They did not see Damián grip the bedsheet in his right hand.

Antonio went into Santiago's cell and told him what happened at his house. Santiago almost flipped until Antonio told him that Raquel had filed the charges and they were able to get there in time. Juan was in custody.

Nicolás waited for Alina, who came out of her appointment with the judge. She told him she had taken care of the procedure to free his father, but Nicolás was still reluctant to trust her. She told him he was mistaken. Santiago came out and hugged his son, saying that Alina had posted his bond. Alina handed Antonio his copy of the documents and there was an awkward shared glance between her and Nicolás. Santiago thanked her and went home with Nicolás.

Santiago's release was reported on the news that night by Laura, who was truly out for blood. She reached back to his arrest when he was out of town with Raquel. She mentioned that although the gun belonged to him his fingerprints were not on it. However, she could not resist dredging up yet more poison by raising the possibility that either Santiago gave the pistol to someone else to kill Carolina or that Carolina took it in order to kill Damián.
These and many other questions we will continue to look for answers. And do you know why we don't have them? Because of the inefficiency of the police. If you recall many of these were reported by us and confirmed by police but after our reports. So much [???] about fingerprints on the gun. Shouldn't the police on this case be forced to resign? In addition, one of them maintains a relationship with one of the principle suspects. I refer to Antonio Ibañez Lado, chief of police. The father of Santago Álvarado was a friend of his. And not only this. Inspector Fernando Godoy is involved in an affair with Cinthia Cohen, sister of Raquel Cohen, a presumed suspect. With all this why aren't these police being removed from this investigation, the only purpose of which is to find the killer of Carolina Rivas. They appear to be doing everything to the contrary.”

Santiago and Nicolás arrived home. Lola hugged her father, who mentioned Juan. They told him to calm down and Bebo tried taking responsibility for this. However, Santiago was relieved to be home. He asked for Benjamín and they had to give him the ugly news that he was still at Miriam's.
She says he's alright,” Nicolás said. “But he's sad because he isn't home.”
We miss him,” Lola said.
Me, too. Why didn't you tell me?” Santiago asked.
Because you had too many problems and Juan was threatening us.”
Lola, I'm your father. You can always tell me. Why didn't you? You and your brothers are the most important things to me. I'm always there for you. I don't understand why you didn't tell me.” He then noticed Lola's facial expression. “What is it? What happened?”
There's something else.”
What? I'm your father. If something's wrong I'll take care of you. What is it?”
I'm pregnant.”
All three men stared. Nothing was said.

Raquel arrived home to find Cinthia waiting for her. She explained what the doctor had told her about Damián's condition. That it was irreversible and that she was left with the decision to disconnct the medical equipment or leave things as they were. She could not make the decision alone so she asked where her children were. Cinthia didn't know. Raquel said she needed to talk to them as soon as possible.
Mia came down the stairs. It was likely she heard some of the conversation.
What happened, Mother?”
Come here, love. I just talked with your father's doctor and he says your father will not wake up.”
Mia started to cry. Raquel embraced her.

Miriam was at the hospital at Damián's bedside.
You will be leaving me alone,” she said, wiping away tears. “You're going to abandon me. I recovered your son. I had to suffer humiliation from your wife, confront your mistress's family for you and you're leaving now. I only want to take care of you. You betrayed me, Damián. I don't understand why you would do this to me. You are just like your father. I did everything for you and now you are leaving just like he did.”
She raised her hand as though she were about to grip something with it. The doctor entered.
Is everything alright?” he asked.

Everything alright?” she asked, ironically. “You told us that Damián has no cerebral activity. That his condition won't get any better... and you ask me that?” She looked at Damián. “I want you to disconnect him.”

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you, Urban. I especially liked the title and screen shot.

So, Raquel’s BS meter was successfully working with Carolina.

Ah, the problem with hired help (Florencia) is that they hear everything.

Bebo should have his name changed to “bobo” for opening the door and letting Juan in. Juan better not get out on bond for some harebrained reason.

So, Damián is just like his father . . . And is going to leave Miriam.





 

Thank you Urban. This was a kinda eye
Opening episode.
Carolina is so false. She was not a real friend to Raquel. She was a lousy
Friend. I'm glad Raquel broke it off.
Carolina "I never had a real friend before" or something like that,And now
She is sorry it's over? Well you're shagging the woman's husband, this is
The only way this could have turned out.
Juan gone. One down some more nutjobs
To go. Glad santi is out,but still a long way to go before total piece. Or
A happy ending.

She's mad cause damian is leaving her.
I still think there's a chance damian could wake up when they pull that tube out. All these loose ends. End them already.On more after the sun comes up
Maybe.
 

I’m glad Raquel filed charges on Juan because Lola never would have. She “said” she was going to file charges but fin she was serious about doing so, she never would’ve called Juan to tell him she was filing charges, Lola told Juan she was filing charges tomscare him into leaving her alone, she never would’ve told Santiago or the police.

Laura is unhinged. Her anvil needs to be someone buying the station and firing her and the producer and blacklisting her from the news to the point the only news job she can get is selling newspaper subscriptions.

Godoy was truly stupid for sleeping with Cecilia. If he wants to recover his life he needs to turn himself in to the ethics board for sleeping with a witness and resign from the force. Then he can divorce Laura and be free.

Carolina cried to Florencia that she’d never had a good friend and that’s because “in my opinion” people who don’t have any friends (or acquaintances) tend to be shady and untrustworthy...they are probably sending signals they are shady or otherwise not suitable for friendship. Even Mia has at least one friend. You can’t sleep with a friend’s husband and have a baby by him, then wonder why you don’t have any friends.

I suspect Raquel will go back to being frenemies with Carolina because she wants to retain the friendship with Santiago. And now that Raquel has informed Carolina she distrusts her & finds her phony, untrustworthy and insincere, Carolina will no longer have any guilt about sleeping with Raquel’s husband. The only guilt she will feel is of getting caught by Santiago and losing the respect of her children.

Miriam trying to euthanize Damian earlier is likely why he has organ and brain failure today.
 

Thanks Urban.

Miriam better not do anything stupid and try and kill Damian again. And I agree it’s at least partly her fault why his condition is deteriorating.

I’m continuing to get a kick out of Laura’s news reports. She’s like the telenovela version of Primer Impacto or TMZ. Her fishing for information can’t be legal though by any stretch. Only in telenovelas...

Santiago is likely gonna flip when he learns that Juan is the father of Lola’s baby. At least he’s out of jail. That subplot with the bracelet annoyed me. It could’ve been good but the writers messed it up.

Of course it had to be Mia and Julieta who prank called Carolina. The fact that Mia thinks Damian cares more about Lola than her is pretty dumb. Can’t wait to see Raquel slap Mia on Wednesday’s episode.

Even though Raquel never suspected a thing at least she is standing up for herself. Carolina would do well to listen to her and not blab to Damian about the situation. If Florencia had any doubt of what she saw previously, Vicente just confirmed it for her.


 

Urban, this was masterful. Everything from the title, to the screen shot to the summary itself was incredible.

"This time the muzzle touched her left ocular orbit". You conveyed all the terse action vividly and your conversation translations were greatly appreciated.

I can't remember being more on the edge of my seat as when not so brilliant Bebo (Bobo - thanks Jarifa) opened the door to Juan. Not once have I heard anyone in that house ask who is at the door. I have to be honest though, if either Lola or Bebo had been shot, I think that would have finished me with this TN no matter how much I want to see how it ends.

On the other hand, not one shot was fired at Juan! Jeez, so the creep is still alive and I put nothing past him. Thank God Raquel called the police.

I can't imagine the writers kept Damian in the coma this long not to have him wake up.

Your "Ah, the problem with hired help (Florencia) is that they hear everything" Jarifa and your "If Florencia had any doubt of what she saw previously, Vicente just confirmed it for her" TF mirrored the fear Carolina had in her eyes with Vincente's vile appearance.

So Santiago is sprung. I don't think that will change Nico's low opinion of Alina too much at this point though. He still looked furious. She will have to run and find another victim. I wonder how Rueda and Mimi are going to take the news?

I'm starting to think Andres is responsible for giving orders for the hit. He is brimming with hatred, just as Vincente is. I thought initially Vincente wouldn't hurt his sister but now...

I want to see Raquel come down hard on Mia too. She is disgusting.

I am very curious to see what on earth transpires in the coming episodes to make Damian and Caro take that fateful trip. Florencia and Mia both know about the affair. I'm wondering how many others will by that time??

Urban, this was wonderful. Thank you!

Diana



 

TF, is this pre-empted tonight? Was the slap in an avance or is it a spoiler for Wednesday? We don't post spoilers here.

I do think that Laura's actions will have consequences for her. She is about to ruin two careers that wouldn't be in trouble except for her. Fernando is not entirely blameless but I don't know how he could have kept every detail of the investigation from her in the first place. He could have password-protected his laptop because he isn't likely to leave work completely at the office; that's not in a cop's nature at his level. However, preventing her eavesdropping on his phone conversations would have been more difficult.

As for Juan, this arrest isn't the end of him. I can't see Lola being completely free of him unless he ends up six feet under. If I recall correctly from other series the reclusorio is right in the city, which is dangerous to the civilian population. Prisons in the USA are typically in relatively isolated locations for the safety of the public and they are also separate from jail. There is no doubt of Juan's guilt and what Fernando witnessed is enough for their system to put Juan away, but with the facility being in the city we have to consider the possibility that he will escape.

I am wondering why there is a gate on the Alvarado house if nobody bothers to lock it. Had that been the case Juan wouldn't have come to the door.... or did he climb over it? And no peepholes in the door? Maybe it's that I live in New York City where you are considered certifiable if you don't lock up like Fort Knox when you come and go, but how can they not be locking the gate up every time knowing that this psycho was out there?
 

Urban, yes, all TNs are preempted tonight.

Yes, only when Juan is dead will there be any peace for Lola. I say that as I doubt she will ever be able to purge his atrocities from her mind.

Diana
 

Now on to Mia, the mini-me of Screaming Mimi...

She can't expect to bring her problems to her parents' offices. Damian was talking to Lola in his office with the door closed so this was -- at least in appearance -- related to work. There is a time and a place for everything and Mia thinks the world should stop if she orders it to. Just like Screaming Mimi.

Didn't you just love Screaming Mimi's selfish reproach at the end? If she could bottle her chutzpah and sell it she'd be the richest woman in the world. Any brain damage that Damian has suffered is her fault for her attempt to kill him. If he has escaped the worst possible outcome of that whatever brain power he has will probably devote itself to denouncing her by this time. Especially if he wakes up with no memory of the "accident" and the attack that followed it.
 

UA, you are playing my song about big city living. Since I was raised in and live in one, I keep on wondering where these people think they are living. Then for their general intelligence if they know a psycho is out there targeting them . . .?
 

Urban: An excellent read, amiga! Let's hope it's not Catch and Release with Juan.

Well, I was hoping Dam would finally kick the bucket once he learns the whole truth, but now he's coming to. So, hopefully he learns that Caro is dead, he's been totally found out and disowned by his familia and then must stay bedridden and miserable and DIVORCED so Raq can live a happy life caring for Dam's son with Santi with 50% of the proceeds anually in her pocket.

As for Bebo the Bobo (LOL, Jarifa!) ITA--lucky for him and Lola that Godoy was there just in the nick of time. Neither Bobo or Loyal-a are very bright. She's been a wimpy mouse the entire time.... IMNSHO. Blechh.

 

It is possible to become paranoid when living in a big city, even one where the murder rate (measured as 1 murder per 100,000 population) is lower than the national average. I don't like it when my doorbell rings and I'm not expecting either a person or a package. The apartments in my building all have peepholes in the doors. That may be a legal requirement here.

Now on to Raquel...

She is definitely bi-polar but functional when she's on medication. She is past the point of deluding herself about Damian and she's had the floodlight moment about Carolina. There were numerous examples in past episodes of Carolina's hypocrisy once the affair began. I can only imagine what a blow-up there could have been if Raquel had found out about Benjamin's full parentage prior to the accident.

She has the legal right to the decision about Damian. She needs to tell the doctors not to pull the plug, at least not yet. Knowing novela medicine tropes we would expect that Damian would wake up with his memory intact.
 

UA: I'm going ahead & call it!

Lola will suffer the same fate as her Mommy.
 

I meant "murders per 100,000 population." New York had 3.4 in the last completed survey. Mexico City has 13.4, but that is not the highest in the country.
 

Urban: the slap was in the avance. I think only Rico y Lazaro is airing tonight because of the state of the union address.
 

Thanks, Urban. Fine title and recap.

You know that I can't understand why you don't look me in the eye? That my best friend who knows everything about me won't see me? So what are you hiding?” She looked at her through slitted eyes. “And I'm supposed to ask what happened to our friendship?”

That friendship was always a figment of Raquel's imagination. Raquel wanted a best friend and made one of Carolina without noticing it wasn't reciprocated. Why Raquel was so needy for a best friend I don't know.

Bebo and Lola are two very lucky kids. What are the odds that they will continue opening doors without identifying who's there first?
 

Thank you Urban. All of your recaps are outstanding but this tops them for this TN.

Not sure how close the past scenes are close to the present time, but Raquel's confrontation with Carolina will make it difficult for Damian to mollify (hoodwink, er..lie to) Raquel with any great ease. I still have not understood the point of the fateful trip. Were Damian and Carolina leaving for good or just another trip to a love hotel in Miami for a few days? No luggage was found in the wrecked car that would indicate they were not coming back. And what would have happened to their relationship once Carolina told Damian she was pregnant again? Damian, being the self centered narcissist he is, would have assumed he fathered yet another child. But we know from DNA evidence she was carrying Santiago's child.

As for Damian fate: I cannot see him waking up and spilling the beans. Waking up? Yes. Memory loss? Possible. But I think he might wake up and just expire right before Antonio & Godoy get the answer to the question : do you know who did this? The TN could merrily go along after his funeral with our crack investigative team trying to answer Laura's question: why are these police officers still in charge of this case?

About 30 episodes to go ....
 

UA, I do not think it is paranoid. It is being smart. There are crimes other than murder: sexual assault, theft, burglary. . . Even if you are careful one of these can bite you. So, if someone rings the doorbell on the building here that I am not expecting, they better be calling me on their cellphone.
 

Thanks Urban!!

Totally agree that Caro was never Raq's friend. Glad Raq's sixth sense finally kicked in, if not enough to see the truth.

Glad Juan is in custody. I still fear for Bebo and Lola though.

I would be shocked if Dam woke up and had any type of memory. He may be brain damaged. Then what does Raq do?

So Mia walks into her father's office, doesn't give him a chance to help her, and accuses him of picking Lola over her? At this point Mia can go hang herself.
 

Thanks Uraban, the episode was amazing and you did it justice with all of the very important dialogue in your recap, especially Raquel and Carolina's conversation. One for the books. Raquel was strong and decisive although I did not like when she cried, Carol does not deserve any of Raquel's tears. Carol could not say a word that would convince Raquel, and yes it was her sixth sense Carvivlie.

Now about that Gate, this is one of the many disparities in this TN that drives me bonkers. We have seen Lola unlocking and locking that gate on countless occasions, when Andres first saw her, when Juan is trying to get to her and many others. That is the front Gate to their home, so how does Juan get to he front door, well it must be unlocked or he jumped it. Vicente is also able to bang on the Alvarado's door without an impediment from the gate. And then to top it all off, they don't even ask who it is. When Vicente is banging on the door Flo just opens it, that floored me.

Godoy was finally doing his job when he came in to save Lola from the lunatic, too bad he's not more like that on every case.

Laura is a disgusting human being, she is right up there with Alina, Mia, Miriam and Andres. Anvil time for her, can't wait.


 

As for Damian waking up, ya Have to remember this is a tn/soap, I've been watchin these things for decades and
They're times when they have differing professionals To consult about certain things that Have to do with medical, or even legal Stuff. But to make it more interesting They'll take a page out of fantasy. I Would love to see Damian wake up with Memory intact and (fantasy here) screaming for Carolina and look up and there's Raquel. And the look on his guilty mug Says "uh oh it's out".But that only if they decide
Not to consult the professionals. Cuz
No body stays in a coma that long and
Remembers everything,if at all. But to
Keep him in A coma this long and have
Him die, thats just wrong. These two
Creatures have double handedly destroy
ed two families. Now granted they had
Their problems before but this harsh
Betrayal did not help.He needs to live
To see the damage he and hot hips Caro
Caused.To those born and unborn. Benji
And his twin. And the creepy came out
Even more in screaming mimi, and mini
Mimi. O stop the madness.

 

Because Raquel will want to continue the friendship with Santiago, she will "make up" with Carolina and be "friends" with her again. But the damage has been done; both Raquel & Carolina know the stunt Carolina pulled with Benjamin was the action of an enemy, not that of a friend.

The dictionary defines "friend" as someone attached to another person by affection or regard. I was amused when Carolina said she had never had a good friend. You have to be a friend to have a friend. Carolina had no affection or regard for Raquel & never did and never will...it was all one sided & Raquel knows that now.

Carolina is a user. The difference between Carolina and other characters who are users like Alina, Miriam & Laura is that Alina, Miriam & Laura know they are users. Because friendship is two sided, there could never have been a true friendship between someone who likes to give (Raquel) and a user (Carolina).
 

Urban--Thanks for all the dialog--this was one episode where I really needed it, along with all the action. Everything just flowed. The comments have been great, too.

Hey, folks, we have ANOTHER gun. Sure looks like all the other ones we've seen in play. Is it possible that Juan stole the gun--he, indeed has been in and out of the house many times. Of course, what was he doing rummaging around in Santi's bedroom drawers in the first place if all he was interested in was violent sex with Lola.

Not much else to say, except what I thought was the reason Julieta and Mia had shown up at the office. Julieta did mention they were the ones that had been pranking Caro with the phone calls. She was afraid they were going to be found out. Mia assured her that what they had set up would reveal once and for all that she and her dad had something going on. She expected Caro to call Dam right after the call.

The call they made--the one that came in while Caro and Raq were talking, was meant to make her call Dam right away. Of course she saw it was the same prank caller number that scared her and since she was talking to Raq, didn't answer it. Mia wanted to be with Dam when that call came in. In return for Julieta to keep helping, she offered to have a session with Nico like the one they had with Joaquin. [She is totally sick. She's the one that wants exclusivity with Nico, but is now willing to make a fool of him and risk losing him?]

Those "signals" Luz and her friend were confused by, were of Fede's sexual preference. He still can't quite bring himself to reach out to hold her hand or anything, but I'm glad he said, he was there (with her).

I can't wait to see what kind of excuse Caro comes up with in front of Flo.

I *don't* want Dam to wake up. With the expected brain damage, Raquel would be saddled with him the rest of her life. I wonder if she would give him over to Miriam [shades of YNCELH, anyone?], say, maybe in exchange for Benji.

Diana--There are a whole slew of folks who already "know" about Dam and Caro. I posted a list some time ago and it goes beyond just Flo. Mia is still trying to nail him, but her suspicions are correct. There's Azucena, Vicente and Andres. Others who are suspicious with some foundation are Miriam, Agustin, Nacho, Gabriela, Lisa (Vic's ex). Cristian knew he has a lover, but didn't know who (he heard the "mi amor" at the end of Dam's side of a phone conversation. The list goes on....

Yeah, the gate. We talked about the Alvarado's green gate before. It bugs me. It's also the case at Raquel's house. Their front door is not right on the street, but just about everybody who comes knocks at the door. I thought I saw an intercom outside her gated wall, but I've not seen anyone use it from the outside. (Or maybe that was Santi's wall.) Once I thought I saw a scene where Jovita said someone wanted to come in and Raquel said to let the person in. Otherwise, it's a free-for-all.
 

Damian is not dying from the coma. Damian is dying from organ failure and brain damage, which was likely caused by Miriam trying to suffocate him and depriving his body of oxygen. If Miriam had not tried to disconnect Damian and turn off his oxygen source he probably could've come out of the coma with his brain and memory intact.
 

Anon@10:19--Thank you for bringing up the lack of luggage in the car after the wreck. That, and the fact that the accident was "near" Valle del Bravo, would indicate they were on their way to their love nest.

However, I'm pretty sure we heard one of them say they were going to Miami for only a couple of days. Still, they would need *some* luggage for heaven's sakes. They'd need airline tickets and their passports.

Do you happen to remember an episode where Antonio has said something about Caro's passport? Removed from the house, renewed, whatever? Is it important enough for me to go back and check those first episodes again?
 

Anon207--Yes, now I remember about the organ failure. Unfortunately they can still keep him fed and watered artificially. Hope he goes not go so gentle into that good night.
 

If by some miracle Damian does wake up his recovery process will be long and slow. He still could die before the final episode. If the accident happened near their love shack then I'd imagine Vicente maybe happened upon the scene like he so conveniently did way back when Carolina left the love shack alone at night and was wandering around or he was one of the first to know about it before Raquel and Santiago were notified. The love shack is practically in Vicente's territory.

The only thing I wanna know already is who the fingerprints on the gun belong to. I have a guess but I'm gonna keep it to myself for now.
 

I think we're about a year away from the accident based on Benjamin's size in the Pasado scenes in this episode. How many times do people break up and make up in a year in the average telenovela? There's room for many things to happen.

Based on how GG's other two series ended I'm sure there will still be confusion and unanswered questions at the end. Ones we may not agree on the answers to. Since Gerardo ended up dead and Alonso got away at the end of La Candidata this one may break those and other rules as well.
 

One last tid-bit we mustn't forget. Antonio said (in a prior episode) that one, single, credit card which was lifted from Dam's wallet after the accident was used by the couple in the furniture store--WHICH WAS NEAR where Vic lives in Valle del Bravo. I don't think I need to bet that the baseball-capped guy is the one Vic owed money to. He took the card in trade for the debt.
 

It would be very interesting if Damián did regain consciousness and would be coherent enough at some point to communicate information if he remembered anything. He is the wild card.
 

Niecie: Since Lola & Bebo do NOT have the best judgement in other people, they'll continue opening the doors for vicious people including Psycho Juan.

You want to bet Juan hires a wealthy lawyer to get him out of prison & go after Lola & Bebo ?


 

Great comments.

So, what happened at the "end" is a year away?? My heavens.

Anita, I did remember more knew about Dam and Caro but I forgot about Vincente's ex. Quite a laundry list.

Jarifa, I still think Damian is going to wake up and be able to communicate in some fashion. I don't see him surviving long term (if Raq and Santi are to be together) but he might be coherent enough to communicate something.

I keep thinking about who was in the car that Caro saw when she and Damian were leaving on that fateful afternoon. I think if it were family and/or anyone who shouldn't see them together, she would have reacted differently. I saw mild interest but not panic. Which means I'm likely all wrong.

Diana
 

Diana--Not likely to be wrong at all. We just won't know until we know who it was. It was most likely NOT someone she was terrified of--Andres or Vicente. She would definitely not have reacted with mild curiosity? Antonio used the word surprise, inquieta (or close enough to disturbed), pensive, as if she knew something was going to happen, but not fear.

We have so many characters that would fit the description of "not raising any fear," we'd need a whole lot more column space to speculate (Lisa, Flo?). Dinner is ready. See you all tomorrow, right here in this space.
 

Anita: Damian could wake-up & go super EVIL.
 

If he does wake up I hope be lives long enough to tell moma-mi to give his son benji back to Santiago so he
And Raquel can raise him together so
He will At least have a chance to grow
Up Normal. Hopefully.

O boy,so many hopes and wishes for this maze to end right.Whatever that is.
 

There's no way in the world Damian would ever let Santiago raise Benjamin now that Carolina is dead. On this, Miriam is acting according to Damian's wishes.
 

We can't be sure of that if Damian wakes up and ends up with a negative prognosis.

While I don't think Raquel would feel this way I personally would never be able to raise a child that was the result of my (hypothetical) husband's adultery. That expectation would be monumentally selfish on his part. If Damian wakes and is given only X months to live (or less) I doubt he'd want Benjamin growing up in Screaming Mimi's House of Horrors.

Santiago's plan to have Lola adopt Benjamin would probably be OK with Damian in that reality.

That is, unless his memory is wiped clean of how Miriam abused him.
 

Raquel has a lot of love in her heart because Benjamin is the child Damian did not want to have with Raquel.

If Damian were to be left incapacitated he would want (expect) RAQUEL to raise Benjamin, not Miriam or Lola.

But if Damian felt he could recover, HE would want to raise Benjamin. He would not let Santiago raise the child now that Carolina isn't here to stop him. And for good measure, he would expect Raquel to raise Benjamin as her own child. Damian would be that delusional to think Raquel would go along with raising a child he had outside of their marriage. He would expect Raquel to stay in the marriage and raise Benjamin as her own.
 

I think Benjamin could be raised happily with Raquel and Santiago. We've seen how she has interacted with him as a 3-year-old, playing with him on the floor and later in Santi's bed. I think that would all indicate that she would fight Miriam for him, in any case--to return him to Santiago. Legally, probably Lola would have to become his legal guardian. Poor thing, with a baby on the way. At least she does have Bebo by her side.
 

Anon207--As to a Damian who thinks he'll recover: insisting Raquel stay in the marriage...I think that ship has sailed.
 

We know that Raquel loves Benjamin and would happily be his mother alongside Santiago. But if Damian were up and running he'd want to claim Benjamin as his child and would expect to raise him with Raquel.

Cheaters don't deal with reality, they operate in fantasy. Both Carolina & Damian were living in fantasy land. They didn't have to deal with bills or nagging wives or troubled children or possessive husbands in fantasy land. They didn't have to deal with overbearing mothers, substance abusing in-laws, shady family members in Fantasy Land.

Carolina at least had the self-awareness to know that when the affair got exposed she would destroy her family but Damian didn't worry about this and that's because Damian didn't think he'd get caught.

If he did get caught, the following scenarios would happen:

He'd kick Carolina to the curb so hard you'd see a footprint in her butt and he would beg and beg and beg Raquel not to leave him

or

Because Benjamin is now in the mix, he'd be "noble" and give Raquel anything she wanted so he could be free to be with Carolina & raise their child

or

After he & Carolina break up (because Carolina would never be able to trust him & Damian would grow tired of her pity party tantrums), he would go sniffing around Raquel again and Carolina would go sniffing around Santiago again because both of them will deep down expect Raquel & Santiago to sit on a shelf waiting for them.

and

Damian would expect Raquel to be right there by his side raising Benjamin along with Fede & Mia.

Damian would never think that Santiago would consider Benjamin to be HIS son, DNA or not. And neither Carolina or Damian ever once thought how Benjamin's parentage ever being revealed would affect their other children. Damian didn't think for one moment how Raquel would've felt learning he happily had a child with another woman but told HER he didn't want any more kids. They didn't care. They were in Fantasy Land.

Because cheaters live in Fantasy Land and not the real world, in my opinion Damian would've expected Raquel to take care of Benjamin once Benja's parentage was revealed.


 

I agree, Anita. No way would that happen. Raquel will never forgive thus betrayal. However, she needs a good divorce lawyer.
 

What we should not forget about Damian is that he's very damaged. He probably should have been seeing a shrink a lot longer.

We probably will never find out what motivated Screaming Mimi to do whatever she did to him. We don't know when it began, how long it went on, or when Damian finally got help. I actually wonder whether his therapist was competent because he should have been advised to distance himself completely from that perverted mother of his and never look back.

Which makes us wonder why he didn't do exactly that. My guess is that his father died without leaving a will so Damian didn't inherit. Legally Screaming Mimi probably still owns the controlling interest in the company.

Remember also that Raquel knows all about this. We don't know when she found out. Was it before or after they were married? Carolina didn't know jack about it; he was able to create a front for her and appear to be completely self-confident. Carolina didn't have a great background herself, but she at least had an older brother who killed to protect her from a pervert father. Screaming Mimi doesn't even have the excuse of being an alcoholic.

I couldn't imagine Damian ever telling her about this.
 

There was really no point in Miriam getting custody of Benjamin. Are there even grandparent rights in Mexico? She shouldn't have gotten it when there's proof and witnesses that she attempted to murder Benjamin's father. While Alina's suggestion of Lola petitioning for custody was a good one (without Alina's scheming of course), I still wonder if that would've happened. Lola might be the oldest of the four young adult children but Mia and Fede are actually Benjamin's only blood relatives among the four. They'd be responsible enough, certainly better than Miriam. And Raquel would be there to supervise. We've already seen a few scenes in past episodes where Benjanin seems attached to Raquel.
 

There was a point: She wanted to hurt Santiago and destroy his family. Also, Lola and Nicolas are Benjamin's half-siblings through Carolina. While they have their issues they are mentally much healthier than Mia.

Which Miriam knows and uses to her advantage.
 

Honey that ship hit a rock broke
In half and sunk.BAM!!!
 

No he wouldn't have told Carolina.She was just a piece of
Tail for him to have a brake from a very screwed up life.
 

Wow guys, we have really been putting a lot of thought into this maze of confusion. My hope is that it gives us an Ending that is not more insane than the actual story has been.30 more epis
This should be fun. I think raq would
Be good for benji.It's not benji's fault His parents are the ones that have displayed idiotic and selfish Behavior.
 

Yeah why all this hatred for Santiago?
Hey maybe in her twisted mind he had
No right to her grandson.Well he didnt
Know Benji had her . In his heart
Benji is his.And of course the courts
Don't see it that way so let the chips
Fall where they may. Or Anvils.
 

.....had her DNA.
 

TF et al. Missed a great conversation this afternoon. Just wanted to remind you that Lola and Nico ARE blood relatives of Benji. All three were born to Carolina. They just don't have Damian's father's side of the blood line. The opposite is true for Mia and Fede. They are blood relatives through Damian, but not Raquel.
 

Urban--I stepped on your toes, but it doesn't hurt to say it twice about whose blood runs in Benji's veins.LOL.
 

No biggie.

Does anyone know what replaces this when it's over?


 

No, but if you check Stevey's Notes Pts. IIB and III (under upcoming telenovelas on the side bar), you can get a pretty good idea. I'm waiting for Me Declaro Culpable with Juan Soler and Daniela Castro.
 

Anon207--I meant to let you know that I really enjoyed your Cheaters in Fantasyland theme in your earlier comment.
 

Ah, Daniela Castro! I've missed her for some time.

And when the hell is Jorge Salinas getting a new series? I miss him the most.

BTW, the latest issue of The New Yorker has an article about coma and brain death that you might appreciate in view of Damian's current condition. I was reading it on the subway the other day.
 

Urban--If you miss Jorge, go back and watch the best parts of La Que No Podia Amar. I wish they would rebroadcast it. There are so many scenes the commercial version left out.

True, there was a lot of the plot that was incomprehensible and silly. Of course the highlight was that Jorge, in real life, nearly died of something (can't remember what--lung related?), so they wrote around his recuperation. But he soldiered on.
 

It was a pulmonary embolism. A friend of mine went through that in 2016. There are better treatments for it now than then.

Jorge has a film that was in post-production when I last checked. I don't know if it's meant to be a comedy or not but I didn't like what I read.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder