Saturday, May 26, 2018

Por Amar Sin Ley, 5/25/18 Chapter 58: Split's Gettin' Real

DAY 1 ACTION...

@T.O.P.S.I.M.C. (The Only Police Station in Mexico City):

Curly-top Vicente has got himself a Curly-Top Lawyer who squares off with Carlos muy bien. No one seems to have much evidence, but then it's not that kind of show. 

Carlos: Your client killed the minor character!

CTL: My client says YOUR client killed the minor character!

Carlos: My client says otherwise!

CTL: Well, DUH.

Vicente: I don't wanna go to jail!

CTL: It will only be for a short time.

Carlos: It will be for a wicked LONG time.

CTL: Let's go outside and hold an impromptu press conference where we say the same things, but with more head-tossing and nostril-flaring.

Carlos: Only if I can manspread all over the microphone.
***

@Casa Exlena:

Mom's home-schooling the kids in ugly crying, and they're definitely acing the midterm.

Nati: WHY was Ale in Daddy's apartment? WHYYYYY? I've never seen television and I can't read and no one has ever talked to me about what grownups do.

Elena: When two people love each other, they want to spend more time together. This means they forget all about their children and replace them with new ones.

Fede: He doesn't LOOOOOOVE us anymore! I've completely forgotten the last ten years of my life.

Elena: He's not your father anyway. Fuhgeddabout'im.

Nati & Fede: WAAAAAAH.

***

@Bufete Vega:

Various even-more-boring-than usual conversations ensue.

Ric emotes about growing up without a father and reassures Ale none of this is her fault. (Hell, everybody lets the dry-cleaning guy in without their pants on! I know I do.) He says everything is easier with her in his life. Viewerville reserves judgment.

Benji tells Alonso he traced the payment to Marrufo back to a small business that has since closed, so it's probably a dead end. When Alonso compliments him on his work, he gets sulky and sarcastic about how unappreciated he is. Alonso remains professional but looks as if he's starting to get tired of being the only adult in the room.

Alonso convenes another full-staff meeting to tell everyone that a) Marrufo's goin' DOWN, b) Alexa has a new judge and trial date, and c) it's the day after tomorrow, so they need to drop everything and work on the appeal. They all need to be together in the same room to hear that because there is no such thing as e-mail in Alternate Mexico City.

***

@Oficina Carlos:

Carlos gives Alan the 411 on his very bad day.

Carlos: I don't like that Curly-Top Lawyer! I think she has evidence she's not sharing.

Alan: Well, we always knew the family wasn't telling the whole truth.

Carlos: But I don't LIKE surprises! And I don't understand irony!

***

Back @Casa Exlena:

Having put the children into a sorrow-coma, Elena needs a new audience and rings up her Only Friend.

Leti: Hi! How are you?

Elena: Terrible! Horrible! But I don't have time to tell you about it.

Leti: What happened? Are the kids all right?

Elena: Everything and everyone is awful! Especially me! And it's all Alejandra's fault! But I don't have time to tell you about it.

Leti: Que que que?

Elena: And I will not stand by with brazos cruzados, let me tell you! They are going to pagar!

Leti: I'll come over after work.

Elena: Okay, I was out of cliches anyway.

***

EVENING 1 ACTION...

Over dinner a trois, Juan tells his Mom to wake him up at 7 a.m. for the big Alexathon. She seems to think this is outlandishly early, causing us to reexamine the telenovela definition of "hardworking." He says it will be a long day, but there's nothing better than coming home to the two of them. Clearly it's going to be a Three Bears scenario for the foreseeable future.

Creepy Pedro shows up at the Strip Club and pays for a dance from Tatiana, but she freaks out when she recognizes him and has him thrown out. He seems surprised and insists he hasn't done anything wrong. He has no personality so we assume he's a psychopath. Tat calls Juan, and he tells her there's a warrant, so call the police if she sees him again.

Alan and Oli have a nice date. He says all the right things, not only that she's beautiful and intelligent but also that he knows what she went through with Internet Guy and really respects the way she handled herself. They bond over how no one understands lawyers or even likes them. Cheers!

***

Back @Casa Exlena:

We arrive in the middle of the World's Most Negative Tequila Party.

E: Why didn't you TELL me they were at it?

L: I didn't know!

E: How could you not know? You didn't see ANYTHING?

L: They were soooo discreet. They kept all their clothes on in the office and everything. It's bizarre. Like, who does that?

E: And he keeps calling me and I don't want to talk to him and THERE GOES THE PHONE AGAIN DAMN IT.

L: Since your phone doesn't have an off switch, how about a restraining order?

E: Nah, I like making him suffer in person.

After Leti goes home, Elena cradles the nearly depleted bottle and talks to her ring. If it talks back, she doesn't like what it says, because she throws it across the room. She might want to consider keeping Ric around as a Designated Parent in case the kids ever wake up when they're not needed to advance the plot.

***

DAY 2 ACTION...

@Bufete Vega:

More information transfer.

Victoria welcomes Astrid's brother Plutarco and proves her good-girl bonafides by fussing all over him for 5 minutes before she even introduces herself. He's so old she even calls him "usted." He is querulous and teary about how his son doesn't want to see him or talk to him, much less help him out financially. He doesn't want to sue. Vic reassures him that lots of parents find themselves in his position -- if not, there wouldn't be laws covering it -- and that he's not doing anything wrong. They decide she will make contact with Deadbeat Son and try to reach an agreement out of court. "When you see him," Don Plutarco says, "Tell him I miss him." (Okay, that one got me -- Patio Peeps, call your parents!)

The Silverbacks convene on Alexa's case. The writers had the consideration to send Marrufo up the river for 35 years lickety-split and off-camera, so we can move right on to the strategy session. Jaime thinks the corruption conviction will make the rape appeal much easier to win. Alonso's not so sure, but he has an idea. They giggle over whatever Al's got on his laptop. We don't know what the plan is, but it's sure to make Irene's beanie explode.

Juan comes into Leonardo's wet bar office to report Tat's news to Rob & Leo. They tell him not to do anything on his own but to leave Pedro to the police. And that advice is totally going to work.

Charlie's Angels catch each other up on yesterday's drama. Oli gushes about her date with Alan and is re-re-re-cautioned to go slow. Ale's still worried about what Elena might do, and the other two are not particularly encouraging, noting that she was always a drama queen and capable of God-knows-what. Ale confides that she absolutely adores Ricardo but "doesn't want to make more problems for him." <<MEEP MEEP MEEP PROTAGONISTA SELF-SACRIFICE ALERT>>

***

@Oficina Carlos:

Carlos has an unexpected early-morning visitor, and it's...

Elena: OMG I'm desperate you have to help me you said to call if I ever needed you I need you now you're my only friend except Leti and I can't shove my boobs under her chin it doesn't work.

Carlos: There, there. I'm your handyman, baby. What's up?

Elena: It's all about Ricardo and Alejandra they're damaging the children and damaging me but mostly the children because that sounds better and I'm so upset about the children the poor children I have to stop it.

Carlos: Stop what?

Elena: The hot torrid love affair, of course.

Carlos: QUE QUE QUE???

Elena: Whoops! You didn't know?

Carlos: CLEARLY NOT.

Elena: Oh I'm sorry so sorry you had to find out like this but the children surprised them at home and Alejandra was all pants-off and Ric was gratuitously shirtless and they're SO YOUNG SO VERY YOUNG and have no idea what a half-nekkid lady would be doing in their Dad's apartment because they don't have television and can't read and no one's ever talked to them about what grownups do and I don't want him to ever see them again and you have to help me.

Carlos: Well, he is their Dad.

Elena: Not so much, actually.

Carlos: That makes it easy! Run along now while I plot and emote.

***

RANDOM BITS:

- Carlos gets another pressure-wash call from El Ciego, accessorized with literal bags of money. More of the same, except this time El Ciego says, "Yo no PREGUNTO. Yo MANDO." (I don't ASK. I ORDER.)

- Elena tells Ric over the phone that he's out of their lives for good. Love the evocative background art in her bedroom of cold, bare trees.

- More Ric-and-Ale fretting, many more it's-not-your-fault's and te-amo's. They should just have t-shirts made.

- I'm trying to give Alan his due. I am. He does have nice pronunciation, and he emotes considerably less than...well, everybody. He was against the whole El Ciego thing from the start, and he's been nice to Olivia. But he's still funny-looking, and she's a tomato, and I'm just not buying it.

Labels:


Comments:
Blue Lass: Charlie's Angels ROFLOLZ.
 

Amazing Blue Lass. You got me on the Charlie's Angels too, LOL

Elena is already building her pity party club membership, she's already recruited her kids and Leticia now it's only fitting she do the same with Carlos.

Ugh! The protagonista self-sacrifice is definitely on its way.

 

Gracias, Blue Lass! Snarky and succinct!

My faves:

Mom's home-schooling the kids in ugly crying, and they're definitely acing the midterm.

Having put the children into a sorrow-coma, Elena needs a new audience and rings up her Only Friend.

Elena: Oh I'm sorry so sorry you had to find out like this but the children surprised them at home and Alejandra was all pants-off and Ric was gratuitously shirtless and they're SO YOUNG SO VERY YOUNG and have no idea what a half-nekkid lady would be doing in their Dad's apartment because they don't have television and can't read and no one's ever talked to them about what grownups do and I don't want him to ever see them again and you have to help me.


That first one is a Masonism for sure...

I'm not sure that Carlos knows the ages of Elena's children and their first meeting looked like a first, which is unusual enough; I am therefore surprised that he didn't ask because wouldn't that be important? Once he knows that they're 13 and 11 he will know she is bat***t crazy. However, he's not going to care because he will use this situation to his own advantage if he can.
 

Jardinera654, I'll say this then I read the recap for last night. You're
Right about that name "Imelda". I didn't think about Imelda Marcos, she was that woman that was married to that crazy guy that starved his people and then they stole all the money and she bought all those expensive shoes with money they could have used to feed the people and everything. that's right I wouldn't name my child after her either. Maybe Imelda marcos's parents named her that because maybe they thought she was going to be a fighter, yes she was a fighter alright to keep those overpriced shoes instead of giving that money to the people that needed it. No I wouldn't name my baby girl that either.
 

Blue Lass..girl, lol lol lol OMG! I've
Never laughed this much while reading a recap before. Ever. This was so much
Fun. Now did they actually say some of
those funny things or did you improv?
Either way girl It was so funny.

Those kids are just to big to be actin
Like that and their mother(and I use that term very loosely) is a very sick seriously psychologically sick woman.
Did she kill their bio dad? That is Something to consider y'all. I can seriously see her Pickin up a butcher knife going after Ally and Ricky, I think she's just that Twisted. And what does she expect Carlos To do? He and ally are NOT together & She and Rick are NOT together, so they
Do not have a leg to stand on as far
Trying to control rick and ally. I am
Sorry for those kids bc she is bringin
Them to ruin psychologically.

Rick and ally aren't only going to have to fight for each other, they're
Going to have fight for those kids cuz
Their moma's elevated don't go all the way to the top.As a Matter of fact the
Cables are broken. I really want to know where their bio father is.

Juans not moving out of mom's pad. Not anytime soon anyway.But at least their
Lives are the most normal on the show.
Yes rebekka there is normal life in tn
Land.

That old man looked so sad. I hate to see grown-up children treat their parents badly. It's gonna come back to bite them in The a*s.

They have to make the lawyers look lawyerly,so they call for those really uncalled for meetings. Give those non-working office workers a brake from all that hard working, Lol. besides they're busy doing all that shoe ordering, ordering shoes, and then ordering some more shoes. Theyre makin
Louis Vuitton happy.

Blue Lass you're a riot girl. Thank U for a very funny recap♡.
 

Lmao,At the beginning I thought the Louboutin and Louis Vuitton heels were part of the plot and we'd get deeper into that.
 

The only thing we've ever heard about Elena's first ex is that he walked out on her and the children when they were too young to remember him. If Ricardo married her when Natalia was a year old -- as we were told by him as well -- we can safely assume that her first ex walked anytime during the six months immediately after Natalia was born. If he had nothing to do with the children since, this implies that he isn't even paying child support. We also know nothing about her parents. Since they have never been mentioned I am assuming that they are dead.

At this stage I don't think it likely that the children's sperm donor will surface unless Carlos' strategy will be something truly public and vile, like accusing Ricardo of molesting either of the children. This is one form of "divorce poison" and it would not surprise me if he tried that because it would accomplish two things:

1. It would keep him away from the children
2. It would break up Ricardo and Alejandra

BONUS for Carlos: It could ruin Vega & Associados.

Elena can't be so delusional as to think that she could still get Ricardo back, so she would have nothing to lose if this happened.
 

Thank you Blue Lass.
Loved it! Especially since I missed it.
So many funnies, but “sorrow coma” brought a visual of those two loud immature kids. Why didnt they use younger children, they are making those older kids appear to be under developed. If Rick really ignored the kids, she would be happy any time Rick could see them. Rick letting the enemy know how important the children are to him, is how the enemy uses that for leverage. Wench!
 

ohmigod Blue Lass, you are the George Carlin of Recappers. You had me in stitches the whole time....but I especially liked this sharp observation:

No one seems to have much evidence, but then it's not that kind of show.

Ah yes, as Irene as pointed out so many times. I keep worrying about your blood pressure Irene. Hope you're okay.

This was another of my gazillion favorites:


Elena: Oh I'm sorry so sorry you had to find out like this but the children surprised them at home and Alejandra was all pants-off and Ric was gratuitously shirtless and they're SO YOUNG SO VERY YOUNG and have no idea what a half-nekkid lady would be doing in their Dad's apartment because they don't have television and can't read and no one's ever talked to them about what grownups do and I don't want him to ever see them again and you have to help me.

I have to say the scene between Carlos and Elena was hilarious. She all seductive, vampish and clingy and "oh no, you didn't realize!" and he trying to be all paternal and reassuring while his head was exploding and his pants were on fire.

Well played by both actors and fun to watch.

But no performance could top your recap. Thanks so much.
 

Thanks, Blue Lass. Your recap is fabulous. Too funny. My faves:

CTL: Let's go outside and hold an impromptu press conference where we say the same things, but with more head-tossing and nostril-flaring.

L: They were soooo discreet. They kept all their clothes on in the office and everything. It's bizarre. Like, who does that?

They announced ultimas semanas. Somehow I don't think this will end with a wedding.

Methinks Ric has been paying child support, student fees, showing up at recitals and PTA meetings, filling out legal forms and tax returns with the kids listed as dependents..., so I don't see how Elena can legally keep Ric from the kids. Unless she claims he's abusive. But this is LocoLegal Land, so who knows.
 

Thanks, everyone! It was fun.

Nina, they really did say most of those things, believe it or not. I only had to fill in with what they *meant* a couple of times.

Now that we're in ultimas, I finally figured out how to comment from home. :T

Is anyone going to watch LA BELLA Y LAS BESTIAS? The protagonista was Kenia in ABISMO, and the galan was Montse's brother Dimitrio in LQLVMR. Probably worth a look, even though I'm starting to notice that most of the Spanish I'm learning is threats.
 

Is that what will follow this? Esmeralda Pimentel did very well with Erick Elias in ECDLP, so I'd be willing to give it a shot.
 

According to the Wikipedia page, PASL will finish Season 1 at 75 episodes. We are currently less than 20 episodes behind Mexico, where the season finale aired on the 25th. Hence, we have 17 episodes to go. No information about when production begins on Season 2.

Do not look at the Wikipedia pages for this; the episode titles are full of spoilers.

La Bella y las Bestias has an interesting premise. According to its Wiki page it starts on June 12th here, but if it replaces PASL we are in for either slicing and dicing on the last episodes or a round of double episodes.
 

Urban, it's replacing PAPA A TODA MADRE. I believe PASL is being followed by the 2nd season of LA PILOTO.
 

I didn't watch the first season of that so I will probably pass on it.
 

Ah yes, Blue Lass, the Spanish that we're learning. Threats and abusive comments mostly, plus some really maudlin love talk. And yet somehow, watching these potboilers year after year, has given me enough of a vocabulary to maintain a normal, civilized conversation. And sure beats studying a grammar book. At least for this lazy ADD lady.
 

Not to mention 243 ways to call a woman a slut and another hundred other insults!
 

Blue Lass is correct about which show follows which show. This page gets updated with the latest available info on a regular basis

https://5ftlatina.com/cohete/calendar/proximasupcoming/

If you still have questions try here

https://5ftlatina.com/cohete-forums/proximas-chatter/
 

Hah UA. That is very funny. Yes, I do know a lot of words for "slut" I must say. Fortunately have had no call to use them.
 

Elena said the kids can't read, well really?Then has rick been spending all that money on clothes and notebooks and pencils, going to PTA meetings and such for nothing? I think they might be smarter than she is. And if this boy is really thirteen Then he probably has playboy mags Under his bed mattress, or other girly Mags. He cannot be that out of the loop. Not with 12 year old pregnant girls all around. She has no idea what he sees when he gets to school.Well then shall find out.
 

Nina: Elena the narcissist said out loud her kids cannot read ? OMG!
 

Ha ha ha no, Elena did not say her kids couldn't read. That was just me.

She DID say, however, that they were so little, so very little (muy chicos, tan chiquitos), that they couldn't possibly have any idea what a half-naked (semi-desnuda) girl was doing in their father's apartment. Which is ridiculous.
 

Yeah that is ridiculous. He's thirteen
As I said above I dont think he is out
Of the loop that much.Mattie maybe but
Not him. Well then we shall find out.
 

So much to love in this recap and so little time to type.....An 11 out of 10 on the Viewerville snark-o=meter.

"No one seems to have much evidence, but then it's not that kind of show.|
"Having put the children into a sorrow-coma, Elena needs a new audience and rings up her Only Friend."
"They should just have t-shirts made."

"MEEP MEEP MEEP PROTAGONISTA SELF-SACRIFICE ALERT"-- LOL! You could see that one comin' a mile away!! Fine with me. Carlos isn't going to get very far anyway.

Carlos? He's become another Camera-hog of the first rank.

"Drama Queen" Vexlena went dressed like a high priced Hooker. This begs the rhetorical question: Who in their right minds comes to discuss business dressed like that--monkey bidnez, maybe..... And then Ale walks in to the Gossip Girls gabfest looking like a 21st Century version of Morticia Adams. Who the H is dressing HER?

I am waiting for Oli to find out that Alan is also the cream of the crop of crappy lawyers. Dull, by the way, is way too nice an adjective for this dude...er...dud.

Don Plutarco says, "Tell him I miss him." Yup. That one did pull at the heart strings--yup, even mine.

Thanks for a gourmet batch of guffaws.

 

This was a surprise for me. Check him out.
"Mix - Víctor García" on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9z6V6fS4dI&list=RDEM16Ym5h6zfDoBnmwloMID0g
 

Wow...who knew our buttoned up Victor had those moves in him. His sweet little computer novia has some surprises in store.
 

Vexlena -- good one! -- would greatly prefer if her children were so young that they didn't know how to read. This is a bull's eye shot about parental narcissism. They don't like losing control of their children.

Which generally begins when they start school and add a whole class -- pun intended -- of influencers. Teachers become a primary force in children's lives at that point and that is their job. They are there to influence children to realize their full potential. Narcissistic mothers often fight that, especially with regard to daughters. What they fight the most is any influence or thought that interferes with their own.

Vexlena knows that Ricardo and Carlos had differences in the past and she manipulated Carlos into real attack mode. This is going to get very ugly.
 

Blue Lass,
thank you so much for such a hilariously funny recap. I loved every single word and laughed so hard tears were streaming down my face.
I especially loved the following gems:
"No one seems to have much evidence, but then it's not that kind of show"
"Mom's home-schooling the kids in ugly crying, and they're definitely acing the midterm"
"Hell, everybody lets the dry-cleaning guy in without their pants on! I know I do"
"They all need to be together in the same room to hear that because there is no such thing as e-mail in Alternate Mexico City"
"Leti: I'll come over after work. Elena: Okay, I was out of cliches anyway"
"They were soooo discreet. They kept all their clothes on in the office and everything. It's bizarre. Like, who does that?"
"The Silverbacks convene on Alexa's case"
"Alejandra was all pants-off and Ric was gratuitously shirtless and they're SO YOUNG SO VERY YOUNG and have no idea what a half-nekkid lady would be doing in their Dad's apartment because they don't have television and can't read and no one's ever talked to them about what grownups do ".

Irene

P.S : Urban and Jardinera, please accept my belated but wholehearted agradecimientos for your fantastic recaps.

 

My last few days were fraught with work emergencies. I worked round the clock the entire weekend and had no time to watch this mess, but last night I somehow managed to binge-watch the last three episodes, losing both my beanie and my last functional brain cells in the process.

I know that we are supposed to hate that as..ole Marufo and want him taken down, but the whole situation regarding his removal from office and incarceration was too ridiculous for words!

We basically witnessed a judge that could as well be innocent being sentenced to 35! years in prison without a shred of evidence, based only on the accusations of influential attorneys and due to their connections with the high ranking officials. We the viewers know that Marufo indeed took that bribe because he confessed to Carlos, but there is no evidence to support this accusation and even Alonso and Jaime said, rightfully so, that none of Marufo's sketchy cases could be useful in a criminal trial against him. Even the big sum of money deposited in Marufo's wife's account can't be used as evidence, since there is no way to tie it to any of the suspects.

Had we not known that Marufo is guilty, we would have been outraged by such blatant attempt by two influential lawyers to bend the judiciary system in their favor. We are talking about big shots using their connections to remove a judge from office without a shred of evidence that he committed a crime (he was removed from office without hearing even before the flimsy evidence of a transfer to his wife's account was found by Benjamin).

In a properly functioning judicial system, there would have been at least a hearing in which the judge could have had a chance to defend himself.

And there is no way he would have been sent to 35 years in prison for taking a bribe.14 years is the maximum one can get for bribery, certainly not 35.
According to article 222 of Codigo Penal Federal, "Cometen el delito de cohecho:
El servidor público que por sí, o por interpósita persona solicite o reciba indebidamente para sí o para otro, dinero o cualquiera otra dádiva, o acepte una promesa, para hacer o dejar de hacer algo justo o injusto relacionado con sus funciones".
Public servant commits a crime of bribery if he solicits or receives without due cause money or any other favor...in order to do or not to do something just or unjust related to his functions.
Punishment depends on how big was the bribe and ranges from 3 months to 14 years of imprisonment and, of course, includes removal from office.

Irene




 

Don't let this Legal Locura trouble your brain Irene...remember the CarayCaray credo:

Just let it go, let your brain float like a canned pear half in partially-set red jello...

That way your blood pressure stays normal and you have all your energy to deal with real cases and real crises.

But yes, it is good to "vent" here and let us all know how ridiculous these plot twists are...
 

And don't even get me started on the murder case. I about died when I saw Carlos, the defense attorney of the person involved in a yet unsolved crime, being let into the crime scene and allowed to stay there unsupervised. And then, to finish me off, they show Carlos and Alan acting as CSIs. And they even brought their own gloves with them.
What's next, Carlos performing autopsy and Alan passing him the rib spreader?
And why was Alan even there? From his conversation with Olivia it's obvious that he is a family law attorney.


Irene


 

JudyB, my brain already floats like in jello, only coming out of stupor occasionally, when things are too ridiculous for words.

Irene

 

As long as half the liquid in the red (black cherry) jello is Cherry Kijafa! I have a great recipe...

Since we knew Marrufo was guilty they didn't have to show us a proceeding no matter the sentence. However, at his age 14 years might have been enough to effectively be a life sentence.
 

Oh my Irene, sounds like your workload is crushing. Glad you finally had some time to enjoy Blue Lass’ hilarious recap. Sounds like you might also need some of UA’s Cherry Kiaja. Bottoms up! JudyB
 

Oh me, oh my. Can't wait to catch up in order to read Blue Lass's latest recap. Manspread got my attention, but I desist until I've watched Tue, Wed & Thu of last week. More murder and mayhem? What else is new!
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder