Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Por Amar Sin Ley, 5/8/18 Chapter 46: The Search For The Sixteen Year-Old Sex Fiends Is On

We pass through an excruuuuuuciatingly  uncomfortable moment with Alejandra as she witnesses Gustavo begging Isabel not to sign the divorce papers.  Isa tearfully explains she cannot trust him not to be unfaithful to her again, if not now then in a couple of years, thinking she forgave me once; she'll forgive me again.  Nope.  Not gonna risk it again!

Across town, Susana is ironing Juan's shirts when Fer arrives for a chat.  She offers to teach Fer how to iron his shirts (Talk about a walk down memory lane!  So, Fer doesn't know how to iron a shirt?   The suegra handed me Hubby's shirts the day after I got the engagement ring!  However, my momma already had taught me how to iron at 10 yrs. old! My suegra's suegra had done the same to her.)   They chat about how much Juan enjoys her company. FF>>FF>>

Back at AcheyBreaky Hearts, LLC, Isa and Gus are left to say one last good-bye to each other.

Sus and Fer discuss the how and why of Juanito's incognitos for days at a time.  The guy has a job to do and he's a very focused individual.  Fer just wants a little bit more acknowledgement.  Sus says don't worry.  It's not her.  Give it a bit of time.

Leonardo sees the judge in charge of his rape case and explains the need to expedite an arrest warrant against the group of rich kids who raped his client's underage daughter.  The judge in this case will do all possible to get it done.

At the nursing home, Dr. Morelli has his fan girls and the nurses in an uproar when he comes back with what Roberto told him.  They're appalled at the thought that someone might actually have him kicked out of the home like that.  They agree that the only one to complain has to be Astrid who's never in a good mood.

The judge and Leo continue discussing the poor girl's state of mind and how Ric's involved in the case also.  The judge tells Leo to leave all to him.  These people will get all that's coming to them (if not more).

Carlos mentions to Al that he's transferring some funds from the firm to his personal account --I believe to cover a loan of some sort.  This raises Al's objections.  Cannot be too careful since Carlos is dealing with people like El Ciego.  Maybe not to smart since once everyone knows they're defending this kind of a character they'll be under a microscope.   It won't look good so they need to be extreeeeeeeemely cautious.

Vega's law firm will work as a group, Alonzo tells his hired guns, to capture and bring to trial the boys who gang raped Alexa.  Juanito mentions he can check the boys' social net connections but has to hire a friend of his.  Alonzo says go for it.

Dr. Morelli confronts Astrid who says she's not like one of his noisy, bawdy, whorish and boorish friends.  He rejects the insults.  They part ways.

Juan calls Fer and asks if she'll help on a big case for the firm.  She's to meet him at the office.

Ale chats with Ricardo and Leo about the Interpol advisement she set up.  She leaves and Leo must pull Ric The Floating Brick back down to Earth's gravity pit.

Rob meets Fer.  First thing out of his mouth is to tell her how pretty she is--which was anything but professional even in my day. They get to work tracing sex-fiendish footsteps on the net.

Ale invites Victoria and Olivia to her house after work.

Isa explains to her son about the divorce.  Nope, Daddy ain't commin' back but he will come to visit once in a while.

Carlos comes to Paula's.  Ale answers the door.  He's there with a check for her.  Her portion of the sale of the apartment?  "--It's the last link between us.  I respect your decision to end it...."  She never wanted to hurt him.  He plays the heartbroken boyfriend for all it's worth.  He'll only discuss work with her from now on.  But he begs her to love him again  (I think).  He wishes she'd at least respect him again --no, more like admire him again.  He misses the admiration in her eyes. (I believe.)

Fer and Juan have located numerous properties where the rich kids can be found.  Juan tells Carmencita that Fer is the best at her job.  Juan cannot believe how much personal information people put on the net about who they are, what they're doing, and where they are.  Should be a cinch to find them quick!  He then takes Fer's hand and the two share a kiss.

Back in Ale's front hall, Carlos accuses Ale of being unfaithful again.  "--Pardon me????" He gave her all the time she needed--even will need.  Just don't despise him so for such a small mistake....  She tells him she doesn't despise him.  After all he's done for her, too.  Oh well...  He (takes the check with him and??) turns his back on her, then leaves the house.  This snake really knows how to push her buttons but Ale seems not to realize this.  (Viewerville is up in arms.  Fight it, Ale!  FIGHT IT!)  (Suddenly in the next scene) Ale has the check Carlos supposedly just left with.  (The A-Team of editors must have been outside taking another toke of legal loco weed and left this set of scenes up to the B Team.)  Ale comes into the kitchen and explains to her friends and mom that the check in her hands is from the sale of the apartment Carlos and she had chosen to live in once married.  Now, that's all that's left of her dreams with him.  Vic and Oli commiserate.  Ale says she's determined not to suffer over it the rest of her life and they all toast to that.

Back at Vega Law, Juan introduces Fer to Leo and Ric while delivering the results of their internet search.  The file is full of places to look for the culprits.

Back in Paula's kitchen, she gives the younger ladies her success to her love life.  Remember only the good and continue to believe the man of your dreams is still out there waiting for you.

Isa cries when she goes to bed that night.  She throws her wedding ring at the pillows and bawls uncontrollably.  (No!  Not the ring!!  Better to hock it, babe!)

Juan and Fer arrive at his home late in the evening.  Sus had his meal waiting for him.  She hears about the case and then excuses herself to go to bed early.  They sit down and stare into each other's eyes.

Leo and Ric arrive at the police station with Fer's data file in hand.  Ric's really upset about the case.  Leo tells him to save his energy for the long drawn out legal process.

At Juanito's once again, he tells Fer that she's the best thing to happen to him in a long time.  He wants to go steady.  She says fine with her; they seal the deal with a feast of kissing ........

Labels:


Comments:
Gracias, Jardinera.

So right that we're all yelling at Alejandra to stop feeling any guilt about making Carlos feel bad. The man should suffer big time for what he did.

Astrid is played by Raquel Olmedo, who has played numerous interesting characters over the years and a few toxic mothers. I think that Dr Morelli should just avoid her.

Isabel should sell the ring or have the stones reset into something else. I don't think she came from poverty and may have her own money apart from Gustavo's income but I tend to be practical about such things.

PSA about posting too much on social media. This is something I don't understand, but that's best left for another day.

Note: Tonight's may be late because I will be at a concert at 7.
 

RO looks as if she's suffering from cancer. I was shocked at her appearance. I have great respect for the characters she's played over the years. This tn is chuck full of PSA's. Either I've lived and learned for too long or I've forgotten how naive the young and inexperienced can be....

I don't trust Carlos not to have laundered El Ciego's cash through the apartment purchase or the check that he gave Ale that may implicate her in something later on.....
 

Thanks, Jardinera! I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but now I'm eager to see Raquel Olmedo. And hear her -- THAT VOICE.

Urban, loved the "parents" theme yesterday. Very clever.
 

Good morning. Great to find the recap up Jardinera and absolutely loved this line:

She leaves and Leo must pull Ric The Floating Brick back down to Earth's gravity pit.

So funny.

And must say "seal the deal with a feast of kisses" was charrming. What a great way to celebrate a relationship. Brings back fond memories although I must say I wouldn't want to kiss the actor who plays Juan. He has a cruel, harsh looking mouth.

And ohmigosh yessss! WHAT HAPPENED TO RAQUEL OLMEDO? Lovely, mature actress. Great voice. And now looks haggard and gaunt. Disturbing. When I saw her, I knew the voice but the face didn't go with the actress I remembered.

Thanks Sassy Lady. Always enjoy your recaps. (I've ironed a few shirts in my day but very glad my husband prefers knit shirts now.
 

Thanks Jardinera.

I also loved Ric the floating Brick line, Lol!

Very true JudyB. I was honestly shocked to see Raquel Olmedo, she looks so thin and tired.

Carlos is all about himself and his hurt feelings,if he has any that is. I was burning inside every moment he kept pushing Ale's emotional buttons. I'm glad she didn't fall for it but her backbone needs to keep straightening faster.


 

Jar--Thank you for the excellent run down of the folks populating PASL. Ric the floating Brick was tops.

I was most disturbed by the talk Leo had with the judge. In essence he was asking the judge to treat these rapists harshly. It's not that I don't think they deserve a Bobbitt treatment--and don't tell me "boys will be boys." They weren't too drunk to realize what they were doing was wrong. It's that I didn't like that Leo was "discussing" the case with the judge at all.

OK, Team Vega needs to expedite the case before the three "alleged" sexual assault perpetrators fly the coop, making it harder to apprehend them. It seemed that Leo had already decided they were guilty and should be punished--and was handing his opinion to the judge on a silver platter.

OK, so the Patio knows who did this and Alexa has identified them, but....these Mexican authorities are always yelling for EVIDENCE and PROOF. The judge should be waiting until he gets it, not just reading Leo's report. Well, it seems to me, anyway.

As for Ale. These three single ladies should have gone out. Instead they get an earful on waiting for true love to come along. Better they should apply to Date Lab (a Washington Post feature (which rarely works out, but they get a blind date and free meal at an upscale restaurant).
 

Have Victoria and Olivia actually sat down with Leticia to tell her that the case is definitely not worth pursuing? Victoria said she checked the paperwork and told Olivia that it's a frivolous lawsuit. They both showed contempt when Olivia brought out that Leticia was going straight for the money. That part aside, if the case is going to make Vega & Asociados look ridiculous, shouldn't Alonso be made aware of Leticia's movements so he can speak to her and put his foot down?

Roberto's piropo in the office was bold and unprofessional for the states, but it's actually fairly common in Latin America to make a compliment about a friend's companion's appearance when meeting them for the first time. It happens more often with men doing it to women, but it's not absurd for women to do it too. Fer didn't look taken aback by it- she liked Roberto and thought he was being courteous. Juan looked uncomfortable either because he got jealous, or because he knows Roberto is a playboy and the compliment wasn't exactly given with the best intentions. Or perhaps it was both.

Also, did they really need Fer to do the facebook research? Seems like something they could have done on their own- they weren't hacking into the accounts. I think she can do better than Juan. I agree that kissing Juan must be some scary as hell business.

I did not recognize Raquel Olmedo either, but the voice immediately gave her away. She does look like she went through harsh times. I often confuse her with Daniela Romo for some reason.

I finally searched for pictures of Sergio Basanez from his younger days. I completely did not recognize who he was: I had no idea that he and Silvia Navarro were the stars in Catalina y Sebastian. Or that he was in some old novelas I had seen from childhood. In some photos of him with the long hair, he somewhat resembled Mario Cimarro, and in others a little of Mauricio Islas. Time really does fly.

Anon1146
 

Ha ha. I think young Sergio looks like Charlie Sheen. Not doing it for me.
 

On the other hand, I'll sit at the Kissing Juan table (by myself, apparently.) But you know I like 'em toothy.
 

Thanks, Patio Pals! Yup, the actor playing Juan may be a runner up to Fernando Colunga in Uni's eyes, but certainly not in mine. Young, wild-maned Sergio was a bit of a blonde looker in his day, but I am partial to blonde haired dudes.

Carlos had me burning--keeps me burning--every time he enters a scene!

I must also admit that Leo's chat with the judge was over the line. However, Uni's pushing a moralistic point of view here that we no longer have priests doing in these tn's, so I figured it to be "poetic"/dramatic license of a sort....

"Have Victoria and Olivia actually sat down with Leticia to tell her that the case is definitely not worth pursuing?" As far as I remember, no--Oli showed displeasure but Letti scoffed as usual. Anyway, when does Letti listen to anyone but Benji and she's even kicking him to the curb now.


 

Blue Lass, I don't mind stopping by to greet you at the Kissing Juan Table. Actually, the only guy that moves my tapete on PASL is Leo WITHOUT his glasses, and dressed casually--and I'll probably be sitting there by myself, too. As some say now, 2 is the loneliest number, after 1. Normally, I like them tall, dark and handsome (with a few exceptions, William Levy and Guy Ecker to name two), but I'll settle for short, dark and with a hint of handsome. He does remind me of a lot of the guys I see around a lot nowadays.

As I said earlier, referring to Carlos' snubbing of Juan--I labeled him as classist, which he is, not wanting to get into a debate about race. At least not in Mexico, where ancestry and pigment color take precedent. None of the attorneys are very mixed, color-wise, most have very Caucasian features and light eyes. I know this has been discussed before, so I'm not opening up a new "line" of controversy. It's just my observation that in Mexican telenovelas, the servidumbre have more indigenous characteristics and hair styles, while the upper classes are more European-looking. Color seems to be still a very sensitive issue in Mexico, as it is in Brazil and sadly, in the U.S. We're struggling with it, but body image and looks in commercials and advertisements are contributing very little to rectifying this.

Juan is an up by his and his mother's bootstraps. I really commend him for making it through law school, but he is still treated as an underling, even by his "Team" on the Carlos case and now the Alexa case. Does he even have his own office? He always seems to be meeting with other attorneys in their offices and sitting across from them instead of vice versa. Maybe it's only because he's so new and only the junior attorney and I'm overthinking this.

Ah, well, it's a sunny day. Time to expose myself to some UV and Vitamin D and get my garden watered. It's been so dry here in the Mid-Atlantic.
 

P.S. The actor who I think will emerge as a 1st rate galan--in a few years--is Luis, Gus and Isy's son. Wish he had a bigger part. He's doggone cute.
 

Alonso should definitely have been told about Leticia's new client. I don't know if such a lawsuit would be regarded as frivolous in Mexico or if the ads have any disclaimers on them.

As far as color is concerned I've said it before: European-looking leads make for a more exportable product. What I'd like to know is whether this truly reflects where the personal wealth really is in Mexico.
 

One more thing about internet searches. You never know who will declare him/herself incompetent in this.

I have a friend who claims that her IQ tested at 163 when she was a child. The other day she called me to get the phone number of a mutual friend who had moved to Canada; she couldn't find her address book. I asked why she didn't google his name and she said "Well, he has a common name." True, but how many "John Smiths" would she find in a city of 100,000? I was sitting at my computer so I did it and found the correct result within 15 seconds. I read it to her.

Ever since then I have been kicking myself about this. I should have just told her the website name and told her to do it. I now feel I've been manipulated and I'm very angry with myself.

Fernanda can probably teach a few things about internet research to the staff at Vega.
 

Anita, thanks for reminding me about "moverse el tapete" -- I'd completely forgotten that expression!

I like 'em dark & furry, with lotsa teeth -- and preferably within a decade of my age range. (And yes, I married one. He calls my imaginary boyfriends "The Overbite Club.")
 

Jardinera654, hey girl, how you doin? I Haven't read you in awhile, and you are a good read. I enjoyed this recap.

Somebody give carlos an Oscar for bein
Such a good pretender of emotions. He
Is such a good actor, and it seems to
Suck ally in. The majic check. I was wondering where you got that "he left
With the check" line, cuz I saw it in the kitchen with ally and the gang, but it's the editors Fault.
Bad editors editors! Well the legal
System is screwed up in this show why
Not the editing? Along with some other things.And people.

That was a very sad scene with Gus/isa
But there are consequences to bad be-
havior. And she should sell that ring.
Take the money and do cleansing, after
She has cried awhile. Take care of herself and her son and move on. Maybe
In the future.....gustavo, or not. It
Will be her decision.

Why do people put their business on the social media? Even take pictures of their butts. I'll never understand that. And these boys are so proud of their stupid selves they probably put
It on there, what they did to alexa.
Pompose asses. Anxious to see what they have to say about their nasty lil selves when they get them in custody in..... Mexico?

Hey if they hire fernandna they'll get some work done out of those shoe lovin
Secretaries. Cuz carman can't seem to keep em in check. Wait, Ok shes not the office manager? Well whoever is the office manager she or he needs to band all Shoe catalogs.

Thank you Jardinera.
 

I don't believe Carlos sold the apartment that fast. I don't believe he sold it at all. I think he used the money he just transferred to his personal account and is holding on to the apartment as his trump card to use later with which to dazzle Ale as proof that he has never given up on their "true love forever and ever." (Barf) And she will fall for it.
 

Thanks, Jardinera. Me too on Leo must pull Ric The Floating Brick back down to Earth's gravity pit

Blue Lass, looks like we're the only two into Juan's lips. I think he's got a sensual mouth. I'll need to take a little from all the guys on PASL though to build my perfect telenovio.

The judge in the rape case is the same one that did a favor for Carlos. So I'm Wondering if this judge can be paid off by the gang rapists' rich family.

OT: Any La Piloto fans, see the ads for La Piloto 2 that ran during PASL last night? Looking forward to it, except that sadistic colonel will return and it seems a mystery man (they didn't show the face) is after her too.
 

Niecie--Did you catch when La Piloto 2 starts? I miss the catchy intro music and DocMcDreamy (AQNMD) turned Undercover Agent--now there's tall, dark and handsome.
 

Good point about the possible sale of the apartment. I don't know about how this is done in Mexico but here if two people purchase property together shouldn't both their signatures be required to sell it? And who signed the check he handed to Alejandra?
 

So far, all we have is "June" for the start of La Piloto 2 and that it's taking the place of this show. If you keep an eye on this page, I update it at least weekly with any new information.

https://5ftlatina.com/cohete/calendar/proximasupcoming/
 

Welcome back, Kat! Are you here to stay?
 

Anita, they didn't give a date. In addition to La Piloto, there were ads for a El Chapo sequel and a TN (I've forgotten the title) where Esmeralda Pimentel is bent on revenge and goes tough street broad. No dates for any of them.
 

5ft Latina, nice to see you here!
 

Jardinera, thank you for this amazingly witty recap. I couldn't stop laughing at "AcheyBreaky Hearts, LLC" and "Ric The Floating Brick". You have such a great sense of humour!

This episode was so ridiculous that I lost yet another beanie due to it overheating and blowing to smithereens from all of the absurd. Maybe I should do a Leticia and greedily sue Televisa for falsely advertising this show as being about "mejores abogados, que defienden a sus clientes como a nadie".

Out of 10 Vega lawyers, 7 are now working on a pro-bono case. At least 3 of them (we don't know what Alonso's specialty is) have nothing to do with criminal law and are supposed to do work that is done absolutely gratis by the police.

Vicky is for some reason in charge of triangulating phone calls and Alejandra is going to make a huuuge contribution to the case by calling the prosecutor and telling him to put the suspects on the Interpol's blue notice (because without Alejandra there to remind him, the prosecutor obviously wouldn't know what to do. And by the way, it's the police, not the prosecutor that is supposed to liaise with the Interpol(not for nothing it stands for International Police Organization) ).

Alonso says that if Alejandra has a problem with a phone call to the prosecutor, then she should tell him, because he knows the prosecutor very well (so basically he thinks that she might fail to (needlessly) relay information in a phone call).
But hey, at least both Alejandra and Alonso actually acknowledge that a prosecutor is in charge of this case, so there is no way Leo is going to act as a prosecutor this time.

And don't get me going about allowing Juan to hire a consultant to do an internet search. What do we have the police for if Vega and Associates are doing their job for them!

And Leo, our decent and law abiding Leo, actually colluding with a judge, and therefore committing a grave ethics violation as well as depriving the suspects of a fair trial!
By the way, in the United States an attorney that acts the way Leo did could be sued (since he operated in collusion with a state official to deprive the plaintiff of a constitutional right).

I have no idea how this law firm is not bankrupt yet. Between keeping 3 receptionists that do nothing but looking at shoes all day long, having the majority of their cases being either pro-bono or personal favors to one of the lawyers, using most of the workforce to do unnecessary police work and buying those miniature Perrier bottles that cost you an arm and they should have gone out of business a long time ago.

Irene

 

I am not going to sit at the kissing Juan table because he is so damn annoying with his age-inappropriate enthusiasm and momma's little boy attitude, but he does have lovely dimples and is quite good looking.

I would definitely sit at the "younger Sergio Basañez" table. He was absolutely gorgeous!

Irene

 

This one is probably ending in July-August since it ends on June 17th in Mexico.


 

Mexico is 20 epiaodes ahead of us so I hope this dosn't start getting sliced and diced by Univision.
 

I hope so too. They've done enough damage on previous shows.
 

Hey there, Kat!
 

Which show getting replaced with Last Piloto 2? Padre?
 

I know that La Bella y Las Bestias is to air in mid June, following Papa A Toda Madre.

Anon1146
 

https://www.blogger.com/profile/07803303909083378926

 

Irene he crys to much. Waaaaaaaa
Isa please don't sign the papers
Waaaaaaaaa)))))))))) sniff snif.
 

Jardinera654
In the the case/treatment/attitude regarding Carlos, I think his abuse of Ale is just wrong, wrong! He is verbally abusing her, which leaves one traumatized almost the same as physical abuse.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder