Friday, March 11, 2022

Mi Fortuna Es Amarte #12 The one where Chente's house turns into a clown car...

Here's your recap patio peeps:

Chente and Natalia bond while in the pokey, she learns about how his wife died, he learns about her father and husband being rat bastards. Natalia and Chente agree to be friends and to support and help each other raise their kids. 

The pair return to the house only for poor Chente to learn that now he has two new roommates, the useless Claudio and his wife. Claudio thinks that both he and his wife have a right to live there because half the house belongs to Natalia, Chente almost hits him- which he should have done, not only because Claudio was verbally abusive towards him but also because Claudio has been drinking his beer.

Natalia begs Chente to allow her mom and Claudio to stay, to sweeten the raw deal she tells him that Claudio will pay rent, Claudio is not happy with this, how dare she charge her own mother rent?! "I'm not charging my mother rent, I'm charging you!". Chente needs time to think about this and goes to talk it over with Jose and Juan Ga.

Claudio asks Natalia if she wants him to make a few phone calls to help her find a job- Regina explodes! "Why don't you go get a job Claudio? Why are you going to make my mom work? So you can live off of her just like you've been living off of my grandmother?" she rages. Claudio is upset that she would speak like that to her grandfather, "you are not my grandfather!" Regina reminds him. Good for her, someone had to tell him that he is a grifter. 

*Sidenote: Natalia was always going to look for a job*

Chente allows Claudio and his wife to stay in the house, a new deal is signed- Natalia will sell the house to Chente and give him credit for what he already paid Adrian, he only owes half now.

Andrea has a breakdown, she hates their new lives, and although she's a brat after yesterday's episode I can sympathize a little with her, just the trauma of having her dad walk out with no explanation would be enough to cause a teenager to act out but on top of that you throw in the economic hardship, the loss of friends and I can kind of understand where she's coming from. Also her dumb boyfriend thinks it's a good idea for them to get married- how old is she, like 17?

Natalia visits Mario, he confesses that he's in love with her and once he is out of prison he will resolve all his issues and take care of her and the girls. Natalia tells him that (a) she hardly knows him (b) she's not ready to be romantically involved with anyone (c) she don't need no man to save her (d) he only has feelings for her because they have bonded over their shared trauma. She promises to continue to visit him-but only as a friend.

*Cute scenes of the girls redoing their rooms*

Chente visits his wives grave, he talks to her and tells her he thinks she and Natalia would have been good friends, he also thinks that having her around is good for Benjamin, and he confesses that Natalia has the same effect on him that she (Lucia) had- she can wrap him around her little finger real fast.

Let's talk about Constanza, shall we?

So she slept with William, which I don't fault her for, her marriage to Tavo is over and a girl has needs. Anyways, she picked the wrong dude to mess with. Constanza does not realize that she's met someone as bad as her, William has an MO, he sleeps with married women, tapes the encounters and then blackmails them out of house and home. Constanza does not learn about this until much later, when she wakes up the morning after she jumps into the shower with who she thinks is William but in reality is Tavo taking a shower, she kisses him and tells him that she's missed him and how much she needs him. Bro, are they seriously trying to get us to think that she confused Tavo for William? Seriously?

That misunderstanding leads to Tavo returning home because he has zero back bone and quite frankly he is a pussy cat. Meow. Tavo has one condition in order to return home: He want Constanza to be nicer to Natalia.

Constanza goes about her day wrecking havoc. First stop is the country club, she's a big time investor there and she throws her weight around by getting William fired, but remember patio, William is just as bad as her and when he learns that he's out of a job he shows her the video of their night of passion (it seemed kinda boring to me), in the end Constanza agrees to get him his job back as long as he deletes the video which he pretends to do.

Next Constanza shows up at Chente's house with groceries, Natalia and everyone else (minus Claudio) are horrified by this gesture and Constanza is asked to get the hell out of the house, which she does. Claudio is just upset that she did not buy any booze.

Natalia's mom tells Claudio it is time to go find a job, she tells him not to come home until he has found employment, so what does Claudio do? he runs straight to Constanza. Patio, it was Claudio's lucky day because while he was there William shows up with Constanza's earrings, Claudio might be a grifter but he's not stupid, he seems to know that something is not right and uses this to get $100,000 pesos from Constanza, great, now she has to deal with not one but two blackmailers.

Juan Ga gets Andrea a gift for her room, a bright pink teddy bear- I guess he thought he had a chance with her but then he learns she has a serious boyfriend and he takes the teddy bear back, but now he's also angry and together with Olga a plan is hatched to get Natalia and her family out of Chente's house.

The plan y'all is to throw a party, ummm, what? Like that's the worst these two could come up with? You couldn't run me off with that, I'd only leave if it was a weird sex party or if crack was involved, other than that I'm staying!

That's it for today!



Labels:


Comments:
Dear Party Animal Princess...Thanks for the sassy, tell it and sell it recap. Loved "let's talk about Constanza" and this:

"That misunderstanding leads to Tavo returning home because he has zero back bone and quite frankly he is a pussy cat. Meow. Tavo has one condition in order to return home: He want Constanza to be nicer to Natalia."

Yes, I really would like a little more pitbull and a little less pussy cat when it comes to Tavo, but that's going to take a while.

All in all, though, this was a fun episode with Natalia baring her fangs at that waste-of-breath-and-booze Claudio and watching Constanza getting her knickers in a twist,and not in a fun way. Make her pay William. She's got a lot of Karma due.

My one tacky whassup was about the huge gravesite memorial for Chente's dear and departed wife. Certainly she deserved it. But that looked like a millionaire's gravestone honestly. I dunno, but here in the States, something that elaborate would cost a mint. And it seems clear that Chente needs to budget his money very carefully (as do most of us I'm sure). So that huge memorial just struck me as unrealistic and frankly bizarre.

But okay, why quibble? She was lovely. I'm glad that she returns in Benjy's happy dreams, and I'm looking forward to a nice, slow-burning, recovery romance between Chente and Natalia.

Almost didn't watch this because usually I loathe David Zepeda in hero roles (he's okay as a villain) but I'm enjoying him in this one and I like how the stylists are making his and Benjy's hair match perfectly.

And Princess Juju, thanks for reminding us that even though Andrea's been a pill, a lot of that is understandable given her age, milieu and what she's been through. I've been so busy BEING ANNOYED, I didn't even think of that. Good on ya!
 

Lol re: the memorial to Lucia.

Even more bizarre was the fact that it was UP the DAY AFTER she died! I believe they showed it the first or second episode. Was going to comment on it then, but I forgot. Lol
 

Good title too PRINCESS. I was in such a hurry to read the recap I skipped over it. In the meantime, some bread I was toasting in the oven got burned to a crisp...I'm no Natalia, alas!

ANONYMOUS...Glad I wasn't the only one puzzled. Seemed petty to fixate on that...but it was hard not to!
 

PrincessJuju, I loved your excellent retelling of this episode with your unique style.Besides being complete, your recaps are always so much fun!

Sorry, but I still cannot stand Andrea. She should be blood related to Claudio: they both think the world owes them something just because they breathe. Give me a break!

JudyB, “I’m looking forward to a nice slow-burning, recovery romance between Chente and Natalia.” Me, too. I enjoyed Zepeda as a protagonist in “Vencer el desamor.” He was good in that role, too.

Here is hoping that the bad intentions behind the party causes it to backfire on JuanGa/Olga and company!
 

Princess, thank you for another wise and witty recap.

Loved the title - the best part of the circus was always the elephants but the clown cars were a definite second.

My favorite line of many was "to sweeten the raw deal".

I enjoyed your take on Tavo "That misunderstanding leads to Tavo returning home because he has zero back bone and quite frankly he is a pussy cat" which said everything. Not sure if he has it in him to stand up to the iron maiden, but am hopeful.

William is a definite fly in Connie's ointment and I couldn't be happier.

I always have to work on paying attention to others in any scene in which Susana/Nat is in. She draws attention like a moth to a flame. Savored her righteous indignation over Connie bringing the groceries.

"Natalia baring her fangs at that waste-of-breath-and-booze Claudio " was spot on Judy!! A self-serving, indulgent opportunist at the very least.

Jarifa, I was so happy to have seen David in Vencer as I completely changed my opinion of him. Seeing him here, he is a much better galan than villain. I am really looking forward to seeing their romance percolate.

So sorry JuanGa is turning to the dark side with Olga. I was starting to get my hopes up.

Princess, always a privilege. Thank you!

Diana
 

Hi all, thank you so much for your comments, I want to start publishing my recaps earlier in the day but that won't start until the end of March.

That gravestone is huge- the cemetery where my mom is buried does not allow anything like that, my mom has a bronze headstone featuring four cats and some butterfly's and that sucker cost us over $3,500. Also, do you guys recognize that place? I'm 100% sure that that's where Damian from Caer en Tentacion unalived himself.

I missed some of the first episodes and recaps because of serious issues at home, can someone tell me how Constanza came into money but not Natalia?
 

PrincessJuJu, they both came into money from their father. We see Connie’s money in her extravagant lifestyle. Natalia invested it in Adrián’s business. Now that Adrián has left with the fortune, Connie cannot forgive Natalia for turning her inheritance over to him and thinks Natalia got what she deserved. The only stipulation by their dead father was that they always take care of their mother.
 

Fortuna

Princess , thank you for one of your signature snappy recaps. You have everyone's number .

I on!y saw the first half of this episode , so I especially appreciated your recap.

Claudio is an oxygen wasted for sure .Someone called him a windbag, so accurate. He really wants to get back to Connie 's mansion and booze.

Olga was eavesdropping while the brothers were talking. ....busybody.

David is not my cup of tea. In fact, I really can't find any telenovios in the Mexican telenovelas anymore . However, I have found several in the Turkish dizis which feature many tall, dark, and handsome actors .
 

Jarifa- thank you for that explanation! I thought that Natalia came into her money through Adrian’s many frauds!
Susanlyn- I thought I wouldn’t enjoy this because I can’t see David as a working class hero but I’m sold. I couldn’t get into Soltero beca every time I see Gabriel Soto I wanna punch him in the face.
 

Princessa...ha....Soto is not my cup of tea either.
 

Susanlynn- he’s just so sleazy, just watching him makes me want to shower.
 

Princess Juju: Chente & Natalia bonding in the 5-0 pokey LOL.

Good job on the recap of last night's episode!

Steve Boudreaux
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder