Sunday, July 17, 2022

A Bit of "Coming Soon...2022)

 SALUDOS, Caraymates!

You all haven’t “seen” me on the comments pages, but I’m still keeping an eye on everyone. I saw that Stevey posted some comments on the Primetime page about upcoming TNS, so I thought I’d copy and post them on a separate page so everyone can be in the know, especially since there is mention about FERNANDO COLUNGA!!  Here is what Stevey posted…

Hi everybody.  I wanted to thank the people who gave me such a kind 'welcome back'.  Covid has been hell for me- two times infected, enlarged heart now, renal failure.  I hope that the worst is behind us for all of us, and wish you all nothing but the best.  


After my last post, I realized that I hadn't connected with my friend at Televisa in a LONG time and I would be lying if I were to say that a LITTLE part of my intentions and desire at doing so sooner rather than later was also so that I could find out the dirt for you guys as to what's going on (bad, aren't I?)
  
So, we had a nice 2 hour WhatsApp conversation and I got the digs on upcoming features in the works for you all. :-)

I think everybody already knows about the sequel to "Corona de Lagrimas" but for those who didn't- there is one.  Same producer, same cast (minus Adriana Louvier as 'Olga'... Geraldine Bazan- the wife of Gabriel Soto before Irina Baeva came along- is taking her place).  Ana Belena (of DTA) is also in this one.

I think you also are all aware of 'Vencer la ausencia', too.  It just had it's big "Presentation to the Media'' that all novelas have, and thankfully someone decided to make a video of JUST the actual TRAILER itself (as opposed to the other 1 hour and 50 minutes of interviews of interviews and questions, wherein all of the actors just talk about how terrific it is, and how much they love everything and everyone, which is standard...) I'm just going to copy and paste the link to it, for anyone that is interested.  Here it is: 

https://youtu.be/okVU3Ah0QcM

The protagonists are Mayrin Villanueva, Alejandra Barros, and Some Little Girl (the actress Mariana Garza's daughter, actually.  Mariana Garza is also in this one, playing her own daughter's mother, which is kind-of precious...).  The male leads are David Zepeda (for Mayrin), Alexis Ayala (for La Barros), and Danilo Carrera (for Ariadne).  Andres Garcia (Pepe Pepe from MFEA) is Mayrin's son, and Nailea Norvind and Laura Carmine are the antagonists.

There is also (yet another) 'La Madrastra' in the works.  Why?  I guess Carmen Armandariz wanted to take a crack at it!  And so she is.  I am praying that it will be more like the ACTUAL, CLASSIC Chilean original (or the original Mexican remake, 'Vivir un poco', which is a terrific novela...), than the Salvador Mejia butchery that featured Guillermo Garcia Cantu as a murderous transvestite.  The leads for this one are Aracely Arambula (making her return to the network since in YEARS), and Andres Palacios.  Supporting cast includes the criminally underappreciated Marisol del Olmo as main villainess (Jacqueline Andere's "Alba' in LM), Marco Trevino (the serial-rapist/murderer 'Lino' in VED), Martha Julia, Cecilia Gabriela, Juan Martin Jauregui, Isadora Gonzalez, Adrian di Monte, Denia Agalianu, Juan Carlos Barreto, Montserrat Maranon... and Gabriel Soto.  

Carlos Moreno (ENDA, CME, most recently 'Fuego Ardiente') is also back as a producer.  He is doing a remake of 'Ha llegado una intrusa', which was remade in the early 90's as 'Vida Robada'  The story is about a girl with no family who has always lived and studied at a private school, even though she has never known who her mysterious benefactor is.  Her best friend is a rich girl who has also lived and studied at the same school, who decides to make a break for it and who we find out is actually a horrible person.  We find this out because our young heroine takes her place in the Bestie's household and if you think it sounds a lot like ''La Usurpadora''... it isn't, really.  Because things at the house are not at all what they seem to be.  Sr. Moreno is going out on a limb here in doing a novela whose leads mandate that they all be, well, YOUNG... in that he can not cast for strength with the sure-fire 'name-draws' (i.e.- Boyer, Rulli, Soto, etc., etc....).  His leads are Macarena Garcia (who was the lead in the loathesome and mostly-unwatched "Like") as our young heroine, and Isadora Vives (SND) as her "best friend".  The male leads are Diego Klein's body (with Diego Klein), and Andres Baida ('Betito'' in the recent remake of LRTL).  Magda Guzman's grandson Chris Pascal (most recently in DTA) is an antagonist, and the cast also features the return of Karyme Lozano (not seen since 'Quiero Amarte'), the always terrific Arturo Peniche, an actress that was VERY popular back in the 80's and 90's- Alma Delfina, Luis Felipe Tovar (MFEA), Laura Vignatti, Kuno Becker, Ana Layevska and, in the important role of ''villana madura''- Claudia Ramirez.  And if she can be anything like the magnificent villain that she was in ''El color de la pasion'', then I will be a happy boy. :-)

Thank you so much, Stevey, for sharing all that information!! Now what’s interesting about El Conde” is that William Levy and Esmeralda Pimentel are filming another version of The Count of Monte Cristo in SPAIN!! Levy’s version is titled Montecristo and he will be portraying the unfortunate antihero who fights against “the system.”

And to add to Stevie’s information, Gabriel Soto is working on yet another TN for Univisión/Televisa produced by Nicandro Diaz. In “Los Caminos del Amor,”  Soto is joined by Susana Gonzales in leading the spectacular cast in this story about Memo (Soto), a truck driver, who, after many years, learns that he has a daughter who was given up for adoption. Fausto (Mark Tacher), Karen (Ximena Herrera), and Úrsula (Sara Corrale) will be the ones who make life miserable for the two protags. Other well-knowns who join the cast are Alberto Estrella, Mónika Sanchez, Leonardo Daniel (La Herencia), Carlos Said (Si Nos Dejan), and Rodrigo Brand (Mi Fortuna Es Amarte).

That’s it for now. If anyone knows of other upcoming TNs, please post it in the comments and I will gladly copy and add it this page.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Stay safe, keep healthy, and keep those wonderful comments coming!

 


 

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
announcement, proximas, telemundo

Thanks very much, RgvChick and Stevey. I'd just like to add one item from Telemundo. Apparently La Reina del Sur 3 will be coming soon. Just what "soon" means isn't clear, but surely within the next couple of months. It will star many of the same actors that made LRDS 1 and 2 so amazing.
 

Telemundo

I have something to add: La Mujer de mi Vida is coming soon, too. I don't think there's an official date, but it's going to be this year.
 

I can't believe they are making a La Desalmada 2!! That show was so bad. It was really really fun to make fun of but it was still bad. I think that by the end of it the patio was pretty much in agreement that they should just kill everybody and call it a day! I can't even imagine what they could do with season 2.
 

Darcy...ha..Desalmada was so bad it was fun. Big Bad was still alive at the finale so ......
 

Stevey, first, a belated but warm welcome back. I am so sorry about your intense battle with COVID. I will keep you in my prayers.

Rgv Chick, thank you so much for posting this! I'm only watching LH so have not been visiting the Primetime page lately. I am eagerly waiting for Vencer la ausencia - I watched the second and third inatallmwns which were wonderful (thanks to Jarifa's fabulous solo recapping).

This is the first I;ve heard about Monteristo or Los Caminos del Amor. It will be great to see William Levy again whom I've missed, especially with Esmeralda Pimentel! And Suzanna (my favorite) and Gabe will be a very interesting pairing (I like him as well) and the storyline looks great.

I thought I saw a quick promo for Rulli's "Los ricos también lloran" a few days ago saying "Muy Pronto" but I've seen nothing since. I don't know when it would air unless Rosa is preempted.

Thank you for providing all this information and giving us much to look forward to!

Diana
 

Dear Chickie, thanks for the coming attractions and for all you do for us here on the patio.

I am not getting my hopeos up for TBLMOE (Fernando Colunga) until I actually see him on my screen.
 

I just went to the Primetime page and saw "Corazon Guerrero" (and several others) might not be coming to Univision due to ratings.

Like Darcy, I am very disappointed as as I really like Gonzalo Garcia Vivanco and was looking forward to seeing him again.

Diana
 

Thank you,RGVChick, for posting this. Thanks, Stevey, for all of the latest info. You are the best.
 

Thank you Stevey and RgvChick for posting the upcoming telenovelas. Stevey, these are always fun to read!!! (((Hugs))) to you and your ongoing COVID19-induced health problems.(((more Hugs)))

Oh my goodness, a remake of La Madrastra. Nothing can compare to the Mejía version that had the Daniel/Daniela character, which was the epitome of Mejía circo-ness and gave all of us on the now-defunct telenovela-world forum a good hearty eye-roll and laugh over the bizarro comedy of that. I'm still laughing when I think of that "big reveal". Did anyone else here watch that? Fun times.

And Victoria Ruffo's character who kept whining, "mis hijos!" like a broken record. Valgame Dios! Watching that version of La Madrastra was like having a first class seat on the crazy train to Mejía-landia.


Will Victoria Ruffo be in the Corona de Lagrimas remake? I didn't watch because I can only take so much of her crying. ;-)
 

Thank you, everyone, for such wonderful contributions.

Jarifa, I know the Telemundo folks have been anxiously waiting for "La Reina del Sur 3" for quite some time. May the TN gods work quickly to bring it soon...hopefully within the mext two months as you are hoping.

Wierdo, thanks for mentioning "La Mujer de Mi Vida." I had included it in the "Coming Soon" page back in Fall, 2021. I haven't heard anything about a fech de estreno either :-(

Darcy and Susanlynn, I didn't;t watch "La Desalmada" but I did drop in on the patio occassionally and did see what fun you all were having with the snark and critiques. I have no idea how decisions are made about which TNs get selected to have a second season. There are some that are so much more worthy of a 2nd season; I was SO disappointed that they never came back with the Season 2s for "La Doble Vida de Estella Carrillo" and "Medicos: Linea de Vida."

Diana, "Vencer la Ausencia" is starting in Mexico today (Monday)!. I'm hoping it will soon come to Univision, but since the three current primetime TNs have a looong ways to go, it will be much later than we would hope for. I'm not sure Univision/Unimas/Telemundo will air "Montecristo" with William Levy. I'm thinking that it will probably be available on Netflix or another similar platform. I didn't catch the promo for "Los Ricos Tambine Lloran"..and again, it will be sometime before the current Univision TNs conclude. A possibility would be that it will air on Unimas...or during daytime???

Susanlynn, here's hoping that you get to see Fernie very soon :-)

Diana, we never know what Univision will do. There are several TNs that I have included on the "Coming Soon" pages and they still haven't aired. "La Mexicana y EL Guero" was first aired in Mexico back in 2020 and Univision just now is airing it! We still have not seen "Amor Dividido" with Gabe Soto and Irinea B. either. "Contigo Si" and "SOS Me Estoy Enamorando" are currently being aired on Univision during the daytime; so maybe "Corazon Guerrero" will get a daytime slot. Oh and there is still Season 2 of the Vicente Fernandez bio-series.

Doris, I didn't watch "La Madrastra"; and yes, Victoria Ruffo once again will be the protagonist in "Corona de Lagrimas." Others from the original cast that you will see are Alejandro Nones, Mane de la Parra, Africa Zavala, Ernesto LaGuardia, Maribel Guardia and Raquel Garza.
 

Diana, fingers crossed they will bring Corazon Guerrero eventually! Gonzalo Garcia Vivanco plays the lead in this, the eldest of 3 brothers (even though Gonzalo is the youngest of the actors playing brothers, lol but only by a few months this time not years. The 3 actors are close in age but GGV is youngest)

I only watched like a dozen or so episodes when it was aired by Televisa as I commented on the Uni page but I was really enjoying it a lot! It had a very genuine warm feel and great cast chemistry.
 

Rgv Chick, yes, Uni certainly seems to be taking their time. As you noted La Mexicana is running well after the fact and even Soltero was a few years old when it recently aired! I guess it's a waste of effort to ask why! :) And like you, I was eagerly awaiting a second season of both "La Doble Vida de Estella Carrillo" and "Medicos: Linea de Vida!" I did enjoy the often campy "La Desalmada" but ...Part 2?? Definitely a head scratcher!!

doris, I only saw a few episodes of the older La Madrastra but what I saw did seem like "a first class seat on the crazy train to Mejía-landia". LOL...

Darcy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed about Corazon Guerrero. You had commented that you really liked what you had seen and that is more than enough for me! Bring it on...

Diana
 

Thank you, RGV and Stevie for the update, I've been following some these shows, too, waiting to find out when they start airing.

Doris, I watched La madrasta as a teen, I do remember the basic plot and VR constant crying, but nothing more.

I'd only be interested in another Desalmada if they focused on Daniel Elbitar's character going to search for the big bad to finish his revenge. And the timing would be good, since he just finished filming La Herencia. Livia Brito said in an interview she found out from the press there will be a second part.

The William Levy Montecristo, as opposed to the Colunga one, is a 6 episodes mini-series if I got it right.

I'm not sure Uni will ever air the new Los Ricos, it didn't do that well in Mexico (I believe), and it was a shorter novela, like La usurpadora.
 

I saw somewhere that La Madrastra is going to start (in Mexico) on August 15. I wonder when Univisión will show it...
 

I saw a trailer for CABO which started broadcasting on Las Estrellas this week. It looks steamy and it has Matis Novoa in it - actually SMILING several times in the trailer! I wonder if that one will come to Uni....
 

Here are two interesting articles:

https://www.latimes.com/espanol/entretenimiento/articulo/2022-02-15/con-artilleria-pesada-telemundo-busca-un-milagro-junto-a-amaya-soto-colunga-y-del-castillo

How stupid to have two Montecristo telenovelas airing at about the same time. I'll stick with my favorite one with Silvia Navarro and Diego Olivera. I think I've watched it at least 3 times and probably won't ruin my memory of it even if the new one has Colunga.

https://www.latimes.com/espanol/entretenimiento/articulo/2022-03-01/se-acabaron-los-galanes-de-las-novelas-la-nuevaesta-cada-vez-mas-lejos-del-melodrama

The second article is disheartening. It's about the lack of talented, upcoming Mexican galanes. I was so glad that I watched 'La Herencia', because I saw some talented guys with the most gorgeous bodies! I hate José Ron, so I was unhappy to read what was written about him.

*José Ron has starred in 8 novelas in 4 years. This guy doesn't pop my bubble at all, even if I was 25 years younger!! My gosh, Televisa has no shame!

*David Zepeda has starred in 9 novelas in the last 4 years. Who can take this guy seriously as a love interest for any female? Not me—no way, no how.

*Soto has starred in 7 novelas in the last 4 years. Has he married the Russian yet?

So I'm hoping to see more of Matías Novoa and Daniel Elbittar (with the wicked, sexy smile).


By the way, I'm still waiting for the next season of 'Por Amar Sin Ley'!!! What will happen to El Ciego????

And now I need to watch LRDS2 so I can go on to LRDS3.







 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder