Friday, August 03, 2012

Refugio Para el Amor #85 Fri 8/3/12 DumbRod gets a Bobo OVERLOAD, Rosa la loca confesses more symptoms, Connie and Oscar's little dream escape‏


RECAP BY MARTA IVETT

Refritos: Max angrily insists he wants to see the bank videos of Claudio fraud time….Vicky gets to the apt, sees note, gets upset. She writes back to him on same little bitty card, leaves keys. (Sorry this plotline just gives me the creeps… it is sickening, period.)

At TL, Connie and Mati try to console a nutsy Rosa. Connie would have offered to come along. Rosa says it was time. Sooner or later she would have to face CL. Frigida listening behind door…
-I have lived so long with nightmares, seeing Aurora following me around in every corner of the house, reprieving me for what I did to her daughter. I hope that now that I told CL the truth, she will stop stalking me around. (Connie gets worried) I had no choice. Claudio caught me, he knows the truth already, he knows Luci is his child. (Connie wants to tell Max or Oscar. They need to protect her.)
- No need, Claudio can’t do anything against me. Luci asked him for mercy for me. Now it turns out the woman I hate most in life has prevented me from ending up in jail for everything I have done.  (This woman is so out there in her own little Fantasia world… The sorcerer’s apprentice has nothing on her, what role is she playing on the scene? One of the dancing polka dot hippos?)

At Gala’s, Julie is having a small party with some folks (surely her latest pickup guys and gals at the latest bar hopping night, I am beginning to doubt this woman’s bedside habits. How old is this woman anyway? 17?). Frigida calls. Tells her have a bomb of info. Julie brushes her off but Frigida insists it is important and dangerous. (drum roll) CL knows he is Luci’s dad. Now Luci is a Linares thru and thru. Julie finds it just interesting. Frigida won’t let her off so easy. Will meet tomorrow and will bring my big black bag so you can fill it with… (Interesting open ended question… what would we put in her bag? Piranhas, roaches, poison ivy, dog doo doo, rotten eggs, a picture of herself?).

Patito shows Jana his reading on MRIs. Rosa comes in robe and slippers and barks at him. Some mom. Pato argues with Rosa, want to know about your tests. Rosa gets offended.  Jana asks if she got Boris’ flowers. Rosa says yeah but it won’t clear up his ‘offense’. Pato notices Rosa is really anxious, but Rosa won’t talk at all about what is bothering her. Pato and Jana wondering what is up.

Claudio in his office gets a call from Luci. She wants a debriefing. He does not want to lie to her. Says Rosa and I argued, it got violent and offensive at times. Told her a piece of my mind. She tried to deny but then had to admit all the damage she caused you and Aurora and me. Just because you asked me, I will not harm her. I wanted her to recognize all she did to us. It was hard for her but she did admit it. Deep inside I thought she would apologize but she didn’t. (Luci says RTL would never apologize).


Julie calls Gala. Gala is outraged that CL knows the truth now. Julie reminds her if Rod finds out about Luci/CL, we are cooked. Gala will return tomorrow. Asks Julie to arrange a dinner with the girls and boys, and make sure Rod will go.

Rod is at NFerno. Finds Serena first. Rod has a hard time recognizing her. Rod came to talk to Violeta. Serena leads him to where Violeta is. Rod surprised when he sees Lastra introduce Violeta as ‘Coral’. Rod impactado. Lastra sees him and takes a hike. Violeta sees Rod. Lastra a bit concerned/feels his pants getting a bit wet? Maybe about this time he hopes he has a change of clothes in the office...

Back at the pueblo, Luci is fixing some clay for the pots. Magda notices Luci might as well be three planets away in her thoughts. Asks her what’s up. Luci says her life has changed so much. She can only think of her people, her a’pa, her a’ma, Lorenzo. Suddenly all is taken away from her. She finds herself not knowing who she is. Magda says nonsense!! You are the same. Luci says no. I am not the same. And I don’t want her (the old Luci) to go away. Paz comes out ‘Mi Luciana! I will put all my effort and love to help you find yourself and that you are at peace with yourself’.’ Tender hug, tears, smiles….

Max comes out of TL office building. Seems Aldo was supposed to be there. Max calls Aldo on cell phone. But suddenly he has ‘his worst nightmare’.. nah, it is just the guy who will put him in jail sooner or later, CL, in front of him, or his cane?...
-         MTL, I want to know why you didn’t tell me my daughter is alive… and is Luciana!
-         You have always had a great imagination to harm others. This time you surpassed my expectations.
-         I was as surprised as you when Rosa herself told me the truth.
-         Rosa told you? I don’t believe it.
-         No. Paz J told me. And at the cemetery Rosa admitted it to be true. That she gave Luci to the gardeners. Did she also tell you they opened (profanaron) the grave of a small child to try to cover up her lies?
-         That is not true!
-         Your ability to cover up for her is still impressive. Or are you going to tell me you did not know? Why would I take revenge on you if according to you I am a thief? I just spent 20 yrs in jail.
-         It is not just what I say, it is what the law says.
-         Soon I will be able to prove my innocence.
-         You won’t be able to prove THAT, or the Kennedy conspiracy, or that the chicken came before the egg, or that the Earth used to be flat … EVER.
-         We will see, but the one that has to prove her innocence is your wife. For all her crimes (he enumerates them), I could probably manage a sentence of about 60 yrs for Mrs. TL.

Back to NFerno… Coral singing, Rod still impactado. Lastra asks Polo to keep an eye on Rod and to send Coral to him when she’s done. When Coral/Vio finishes her song, Rod grabs her. Need to talk.

-         How long did Luci work here?
-         Just one night! One night that ruined her life!! She was looking for a job to help her family. I just helped her get a job here. She was going to work cleaning, but a waitress was absent that day so she had to cover for her. I also convinced her to do it because she needed the money. But it was going to be only one night. And the rest of the story you know better than me, no? (MAJOR BOBO OVERLOAD!!! You can actually see the fireworks all over the wires in his brain.)

Back to the barking dogs at the TL office curbside…
-         You know I don’t like threats. And if you don’t have proof to back up your accusation,
-         I don’t need a whole judicial system to defend myself. Know why? Because justice in on my side.
-         Don’t bother telling me another one of your silly stories. If you need to talk, talk to my lawyers.
Aldo comes to rescue Max.  CL and Max angrily exchange good nights through their teeth.

Aldo recognizes CL and tells Max it showed they were arguing. Offers to team up with Max to charge CL if need. Max is just mad as heck. Gets in car biting his lip.

At Vicki’s house, dad stares at her, sees she is sad. Problems at work? No. Then? Is it about Aldo? No.
He tells her she is a good working girl, with many things to live for. Don’t be sad. You will find a good man who will make you happy, respect you, take care of you and love you as I do when I am no longer around. Vicky does not like that talk.

At NFERNO, Vio won’t tell BoboRod anymore.
-         Could we have breakfast tomorrow?
-         Can’t. I get up real late.
-         Call me then and we will get together.
Vio gives him her phone number. 

Max gets home, with Aldo running after him. Aldo wants to go oversee things at NFerno? Max says Ok, but don’t make decisions you are not authorized to make.
-         Can I get a gambling tab/account started for myself at NFERNO?
-         Just go before I demote you back to chauffer. …
Max finds Connie in the library, wants to know where Rosa is. Drags Connie around by the arm (that is nasty, reminds me how he treats Vicky) to look for Rosa. Then Max grabs Rosa roughly…
-         What did you do with Aurora L’s grave???? How did you dare (profanar) break into the grave of that woman to add a newborn baby?? (Connie impactada, questions Rosa’s actions.)Max accuses Connie of knowing what Rosa had done to the grave. Connie argues with Max. Rosa yells at them to shut up. You (Max) asked me yourself to tell CL the truth! And that is what I did! I told him the truth!!
-         Do you realize what you did?? Do you realize you could go to jail??
-         I had to let go the HEAVY load I had over my back for 20 yrs! That evil woman came to twist our lives around. I only got rid of her. And everything is alright now. (She gets under her blankets in bed in fetal shape.. creepy… Max rolls his eyes but you can tell he is actually worried.)

Claudio back in office. Serves himself a drink. Closes his eyes and opens them to find Melissa and her beautiful smile in front of him. Then Claudio and Melissa have coffee and review her papers. Melissa notes he is tired or worried… sad?  Claudio says don’t know how I feel. The last few days have been so strange (I’ll Say!!) No, it’s not bad. Finally some things in my life are lining up. But let’s talk about your thesis. (Congratulates her, she wants him to be there with her in her final defense of it, it is a moment she only wants to share with him. Ok, this is getting a bit creepy odd, guess it’s the age difference thing.)

Back at pueblo, Magda and Paz talk… they are glad CL finally released his anger with that woman. Fu-Chiles arrives. With musicians to ‘welcome them’. ‘The sun that had hidden in this town is back out again. CHEERS!!’  (As evil as this man behaves at times, I have to say he cracks me up BIG TIME!!)

The serenade/posada/asalto is over… Fu-Chiles has consumed half of his bottle. Luci is not amused and yells at him to leave already. He claims he only came to brighten up their day but he will leave if that is what she wants. Magda is miffed that he will never learn. Luci says no he won’t, so let’s not entertain his clown-acts.

Max is drinking at home, Connie comes over. They are surprised what Rosa did at Aurora’s tomb. Max is worried; it hurts him even more that Rosa doesn’t even realize how much he loves her. (That’s debatable, that he actually loves her… I guess, in his own very special creepy way.) Connie says beside everything that is happening, they(Rosa and Max) should try to rebuild their lives. She is leaving; something  about her cycle there being over. Max is not sure that her leaving will help them at all. Max wants Connie to go with Rosa to the medical tests she needs to have done. Sure will.

Marianita and Estelita talk, she misses her mom, thinks about her every day. Does she think about me? Sure she does! (David Copperfield has nothing on these two… ) Door knock. Marianita answers door, surprise surprise!! It is her mom. Hugs and tears all around. Prayed for reunion. Never will leave again.

At SFeA, Luci and Paz going somewhere together. Apparently to deal with the grant Luci got.

Pool therapy time… Max with therapist… it is a slow and painful process that takes years, but if the patient is cooperative and willing like Pato, could impress. Where is Rod? Had something to do last minute.

Luci and Paz walking around town. You must be happy for all the doors that are opening to you. Luci can only think that today she should be marrying Rod at church. Paz keeps trying to cheer her up.

Jana and Boris… Jana wants to go out with him. Boris says ask your mother for permission. Jana wants to organize a get together. Who will we invite? The usual. What about menu? Grilled steaks. Jana brings up that Lorenzo and Fabian are selling tacos and if we order food for the party with them, we help them out and also get the problem of the food for the party solved. Do you mind? Not really. (I would say Boris is not really convinced, but does not want to go against her wishes for fear of being interpreted as jealous.)

Oscar and Connie in a convertible already on their way to their little weekend getaway. (Wishing I could be in Connie’s shoes right about now?) These two are SO RIGHT for each other.
-         I used to be so afraid to even approach you, let alone invite you to a coffee or drinks.
(Connie brings up all the women Oscar used to date).
-         But no one like you.

Knock at Magda’s. It is Dumb-Rod. Need to see Luciana. Rod begging with eyes, Magda not convinced.

Previews: Luci and Rod meeting, she won’t bulge, too little too late (good for you girl!!)… Fu-chiles gets in DumbRod’s way… Forced kiss ‘we are nothing anymore!’ …
(This first attempt at apology was not working, Rod!! TRY TRY AGAIN, DUMB-ROD!!)

Vocabulary: profanar = to profane, to desecrate

RECAP BY MARTA IVETT

Labels:


Comments:
Marta,

You did an excellent recap tonight. I agree that there was a lot of creep factor in this episode but the acting was so good I overlooked the bad stuff that was going on.

Who else but Fu-Chiles would think to bring mariachis to welcome the girls?

Rosemary Primera
 

Great work, Marta.

Why didn't Max just have the locks changed on the love nest?

Rosa lost it a long time ago. She still refuses to believe she has done anything wrong which -- unfortunately -- qualifies as the legal definition of insanity. Max must get off on something about this or he would have had her committed 50 episodes ago.
 

Rosemary, i totally agree the acting was outstanding last night. esp Maximino, Claudio and Rosa.
Interesting that we barely saw Rodrigo this episode... and Gala only answered her phone for about a min of screen time...
 

Always love your strong SuperMarta opinions. Bobo-overload indeed!

But I was happy to see Rodrigo following up on the need to untangle the web of half-truths and ugly insinuations that the unholy trio of Gala, Julie and Rosa perpetuated. (Lordy, that was a loooong high-falutin' sentence!)

And of course, all us ladies of "a certain age" would like to be in the passenger seat of Oscar's car! I'll get in line right behind you Marta. You get first dibs as the recapper, of course.

The Melissa-Linares meeting was strange. Did anyone else get scared that maybe Max had come back to bump Linares off? The licenciado left the door open, it was late, he had a drink, creepy stalker music playing, he looks up and says "Tü?

What a relief that it was just Melissa. Hopefully he'll ease her out of this infatuation once he realizes what's going on, and she'll find someone closer to her own age.

Great recap Marta. Full of emotion but also detailed conversations. Something for everybody. Gracias amiga mia.
 

Muchas gracias Marta for a stellar recap. Perfect for the stellar acting we had this episode. As with many of the good tns, it's the older, more seasoned actors who have the best, most intense scenes. I'm gald the writers realize these people's talents and let them shine, rather than focusing on the foolishness of the young'uns. I'm not saying I don't want all the romance, beefcake, and fresh young beauty. But it's nice to have a balance.

Judy- I thought something bad was about to happen to Claudio too. Had we not just scene Max and Rosa busy arguing at hime, I would have thought one of them had come to murder him. The writers were playing with us, but it makes me wonder if there will be a similar scene in the future when Claudio WILL be in danger. He is still clueless about Melissa's crush. I really don't think he can imagine that such a young woman would be interested in him that way. I'm sure it was a pleasure to see her beautiful dazzling smile after the two ugly confrontations he'd had that day.

Por fin Rod asks some questions! He shouldn't even have to ask because Luci already told him she worked there ONE night. He needs to confirm her story with other people? He should be confirming Gala's and Rosa's stories. He should be investigating how Gala got pics from the one night and just when she started planning to publish that article. It's HER story that needs confirmation. Not Luci's!
 

Sorry for the typos! Seen, not scene/ home not hime. Ay yay yay!
 

I am just so excited about Marianita's Mom coming home--I hope she will have a bigger role (maybe a love interest for Pato?) And with each episode I am increasing perplexed about Ariche's parents--does he have any??

I love how these episodes are moving along so quickly. So much is happening and after 2 weeks of nothing but DoDo Rod and Luci being to proud (or stupid in his case) to reconcile, it is a welcome change.

Another night of stellar acting. I still think Claudio and Paz will ultimately become an item. Melissa is lovely, but I just see him telling her she is too young....

I will be out of town next week, so the recaps will keep me going!! Thanks so much Marta. :-)
 

Anna- Ariche has a mom who works all the time, and a grandfather (the one who makes his balls and slingshots). His dad abandoned them and left long ago.
 

This episode smacked of Hitchkock. Crazy people, dark offices, unexpected confrontations,good stuff. Wonderful recap Marta getting it all down for us complete with great comments.

"You can actually see the fireworks all over the wires in his brain." Well, something was firing, but sort of chuckled that Dumbass actually looks like he's straining in pain when his brain is working. New experiences can be hard to adjust too, huh dude?

I'm still amazed that everyone is Shocked, yes Shocked I tell you, at the extremes Rosa went to, but I had hoped for more from Connie than just a hand to the mouth to hear about how she ordered graves to be desecrated, how she implies how she treated Aurora, etc. Now it's like, ok she told the truth, it's all out, so now everyone can move on with Max? (really?) I love Connie, but she and Mati have been such enablers. And if Rosa does get diagnosed with some mental disorder, she will still need help. Hopefully they don't let Rosa refuse that thinking they can handle her...

But I as was happy that Connie got away with Oscar, and extremely jealous as well. Hopefully nothing mucks up their time togther.

Think we got set up that Pato will get better faster than expected? All about the patient? Hmmmmm

Love those previews-- Gala in pithed mode and Luci letting Dumbass have it. Lord, I love how they are really giving this woman a strong will, smarts, and not caving whenever muscleman comes around. Be fun if she also tells him about Claudio. Here will come that pained look again. Yeah!!
 

Most excellent recap of the many moods of the Torreslandas.

So, Rosa hated Aurora because she was the popular one. Jealousy eventually has led Rosa to giving away a bebe and grave robbing. Maybe her level of jealousy can be weaponized.

Must have missed it but why or who or when did Rod get motivated to see Violet?

Maximo's creedo is deny, deny, deny.
 

Thanks Marta for this wonderful recap, you Rock Marta! Love your name for Don A Fu-Chiles, lol. I too don't like what he has done when he is being mean, but the man is a hoot, I have to say. I think he wants to redeem himself a little, but we'll have to see.

That Melissa and Claudio meeting a little creepy. I too thought at first that someone had come to harm Claudio. Melissa was giving him all kinds of signal, looking in his eyes, hand holding. I hope he realizes what she feels and lets her down gently.

I don't understand why DEAD TO ME went to Vio either. There was no continuity there at all. It's like he just up and decided to check out Luci's "version" of the story. You would think he would have done that right away and not waited all this time. Maybe the writers will explain later why he just up and decided to check it out.

I really hate the way Max hauls women around like that. Conny is is SIL you would never think he would treat her like that. If Max can't see his Rosa is mentally ill, he is blind, jus' sayin'. I think Max really does love Rosa. I think the only reason he is gettin' it on with Vicky is cause Rosa wouldn't "do it", with him.

Rosa is just way out there. It's weird how she justifies everything she has done. It's always someone else's fault, never her own. I am really curious about how she got this way. The jealousy issue, the envy. I too wonder why Conny puts up with her, and her kids, she treats them all like they are three years old. Rosa was so rude to Pato, I think Pato knows she is mentally ill.

Like how LASTRA hi-tailed it to his office, lol. I guess he doesn't want to be DEAD TO ME'S punching bag anymore. I wonder who that woman is that was with Lastra? Could he be married? This is the second time she has been with him.

Glad Ofelia is back with Marinita and Estelita. Maybe DEAD TO ME kept his word and found her.

Hanna is too cute with Boris. I liked her idea for the tacos, but I think she is really wanting to see Lorenzo again.

Yeah Gala sure was pithed. Her little scheme along with Rosa and Julie is unraveling big time. I can't wait for her to get hit by the piecart. She thinks she "owns" Rod now lock, stock and barrel. I wonder what she will cook up now, once she finds out Rod went to Het Het.

Liking Conny and Oscar too. So glad they were able to go off on their little weekend, now no Julie or work to interrupt. They do belong together.

Like how Claudio is confronting things. He has a lot of strength. I hope he gets justice.

I love how this TN is moving right along. The pacing is good and the story is wonderful, the best TN I've seen in a while.
 

Thanks for the fun recap, I haven't had time to watch the episode yet, this will make it much more fun.
Does the verb profanar mean to profane?
wow if it blew Rod away to find out Luci only worked at the Inferno only for a few hours, what's he going to say when he finds out Claudio is Luci's father??
Those near syncopal episodes Luci keeps having have only one possible diagnosis in the Journal of Telenovela Medicine.
 

Marta thanks for your recap. I like your new name for our poor intellectually challenged galan.

Vivi - ITA about allowing the more mature actors to shining w/intense scenes and your statement about Claudio being completely clueless about Melissa's crush. I'm sure he'll be flattered and will let her down gently. And yes Rod is checking out the wrong story but at least he's trying to get some info.

We still haven't seen Ariche's mother or abuelo yet have we?

Daisynjay - Connie and Mati are enablers and their conversation w/Rosa really made me mad at them for their obvious years of this behavior. I think Diana mentioned this earlier but really Connie, now you think sis might be crazy. Both she and Mati need to see UA's insanity def above.

And Luci is a great heroine (though I could do w/less crying especially over a man, who is SO unworthy). She is smart and not a push over.

Anna - though Claudio and Paz make a great team, I think both have been written so that each loved and married his/her one true love; each seem content to live alone until they meet their spouses again in heaven. I don't think they'll marry one another.

Anon 10:17 am - good question. What did cause Rod to finally ask ANY questions let alone Violet? Last we saw him he was allowing his father to get him to hate Claudio more and I expected to start acting like he's crazed mother.

Also when the witched lied to him, did they imply Claudio was Luci's lover or did he, brain-trust that he is, deduce that on his own?
 

Karen- He came up with the Claudio lover story all on his own. I think Julie and Gala were trying to push the "Luci is a spy for your enemy Claudio" story. Even they weren't twisted enough to dream up saying Luci and CL were lovers. Rod jumped to that conclusion after Luci had CL represent her in the divorce and seeing THE HUG. *gasp!*

I'm not sure either what prompted him to finally ask questions. He has been miserable with himself lately, and I don't think he wants to give up on having Luci in his life, no matter what he says. Pato, Hannah, Melissa, and even Max have tried to talk sense into him about Luci. Perhaps seeing how they have an unshaken belief in Luci, and how Pato has managed to maintain a relationship with Luci has moved him to get some answers and some closure.
 

Loved the Max Claudio confrontation. Max never blinked when Claudio told him about the grave robbing but he was obviously shocked and i think Claudio knows that all the craziness with the dead baby and the baby gifting was strictly Rosa and Max didn't know . I was actually surprised Max didn't strangle Rosa who many of us think has it coming. Obviously Max has always protected his OTL and is afraid that she will be hauled off to the carcel. Her babyish reaction was shocking.

Poor Conny got the shock of her life when she found out how far Rosa was willing to go. Deep down i think she never wanted to go along with it but one apparently does not say no to Rosa.

Add me to the list of people who was afraid something bad was going to happen to Claudio but then it was only poor Melissa. It is interesting that Claudio is so astute about everything but isn't picking up on her signals. Then again he adored Aurora and spent the last 20 years in prison so he is a bit out of touch. In any vent I don't see him waltzing off into the sunset with any of the ladies. He is a one man woman.

Don A reamins a pig. Some protector - he is still out to get into Luci's pants no matter what he told Claudio. Interesting too that in the previews he is on the phone with Gage me bitching about DimRod and his palomita. That is certain to put the cat among the pigeons.and I fear does not bode well for Luci.

I keep wondering why the idea that Luci is a Linares is so threatening to Gageme and Julie? Rod loved her when she was a poor domestica so why if she suddenly has a boatload of money and a fine pedigree would that be any different. I guess the idea that she is in their social class and could be traveling in their circle is massively threatening to them.

So Dimbuld Rod finally goes to Vi to ask a question he should have days ago and to Luci. I hope she rips him a new one. Obviously while Pato is a quick thinker the route to his big head takes Rod way longer. I too remain puzzled as to why now, perhaps in the convo with Vi we'll learn what the trigger was. Then again it is possible he's been thinking about it from the beginning and didn't have the guts to act.
 

Vivi,

I too could not believe that Rod was trying to confirm Luci story. How dare he!!! The one he needs to talk to about the facts is Gagme and her evil twin mother, Julie. There is just something not right with that boy's thinking.

Madelaine,

You are probably right about the Max/Rosa relationship. And there is also the factor that they are partners in crime in the Claudio fraud.

If Max wanted the keep Vicki around at his beck and call, why is she working. He should set her up in her own apartment and give her a generous allowance. He should keep her in style, not demand she sneak around. Sugar Daddy material he is not! I think he is more about control, because he thinks he can.

RP
 

ROSA STOLE THE MONEY BEHIND MAX'S BACK TO GIVE TO PAZ, THATS WHY MAX WANTS TO SEE CAMERA TAPES FROM ALL THE BANKS FROM THOSE YEARS. NOT AS PISSED YET AS HE'S GONNA BE IF HE FINDS OUT SHE HAS HIS BUTT,HE HAS TO PROTECT HER,NO? TAKE THE RAP MAX.
 

"Sugar Daddy material he is not!" LOL RP

ITA about max&rosa's relationship. I hate to say this because I don't want to give excuses to either one of the them, but I think that if rosa was more affectionate the marriage would be different. For the most part he's been concerned about her medical issues & wants to protect her legally for the things she's done. either way though they totally have a warped marriage

decie girl: I think it's threatening to them, because that's what gale&julie value (money, name, etc.) so they assume that everyone else does too. they prob assume that rod first looked at luci because they think she was easy or something

when melissa starts mooning over linares, I just find it awkward...& agree that don't think that linares (or paz) will find someone before the end of the tn.

a good thing about this tn, is that even though we did not have much storyline with the 2 leading characters, I find almost every characters' story interesting, not much FF going on for me

thanks for the recap marta!

jlk
 

The OMG factor for me is that Luci is only 17 years old. Rod and Don A really took advantage of her. Same on them both.

I think that before this over Don A and Magda will end up together.

RP
 

luci is 19, but yeah still very young
jlk
 

@RP...actually I'd like Don A and Magda to end up together also. Not just because I think Violeta is their daughter, but because Magda could take him down a few pegs when he needed it (which is pretty much all the time). They're both out-spoken,no-holds-barred types-- and at the moment he's still a blustering fool...but there's always hope.
 

Enjoying all the recaps. Marta, Vivi, JudyB, Paquita, Anita, Madelaine - thanks for some great storytelling.

I think Max does love Rosa and maybe feels in part he's to blame for her crazy insecurities. If he didn't love Rosa, he'd be having a real affair instead of just sex on the side with sweet but dim-bulb Vicki.

I fear for Claudio. He's smart, but Max is smart and ruthless.

Poor NimRod waking up a bit too late. My guess is Gala will find a way for Luci to know that they slept together.

So funny when Max told Frigida to stop spying. Don A is always a hoot. He's still trying to get Luci but at least he's now gentlemanly about it.
 

jlk,

Aurora's tombstone has 1995 as the date of her death. That would make Luci 17.

rp
 

Niecie,

I bet Gagme uses the old standby of "I am pregnant" and NimRod has to marry her.

rp
 

RP- They made a big deal about Luci's birthday. She turned 19, and Claudio was in jail nearly 20 years. Luci couldn't be his if she were 17.
 

I thought the scene when Luci said she doesn't know who she is anymore, felt like she was drifting in air, and wanted to hang on to the girl she once was, was poignant. It was the perfect description of going from childhood to adulthood. Luci is at a crossroads right now, and I appreciate the writers having her express that. I also liked that Paz seemed to really understand this and told Luci she would be there to help her find her way-- the woman she is becoming.
 

Vivi, I guess the continuity staff took the day off when they made the gravestone. Nineteen certain makes more sense if Claudio was in prison for 20 years. Yes jlk, even 19 is very young.

Vivi, you need to get a job with Televisa to keep the facts straight for them. They certain could use the help.

Rosemary Primera
 

I actually think the tombstone said 1992, because I don't remember any bells ringing when I saw it. It was really dirty so a 2 and a 5 can look similar.
 

Or maybe this tn is supposed to take place in the future. :)
 

Been thinking about Rosa while getting hair cut and decided what is wrong with her.

In the beginning Rosa wasn't acting loco, she was a bit hyper religious obviously because she has a guilty conscience and she was demanding of her children. She didn't care for Gala (now her BFF) because the woman had been divorced and there would be no church wedding with her adored Rod.

We know that she was jealous even as a child and she clearly envied Aurora and how other people reacted to the woman and not to her. Like her son who is imagining an affair between Claudio and Luci she imagined an affair between Max and Aurora and poisoned her own marriage.

Enter Luci/Aurora who immediately reminds her of the younger beautiful woman who threatened her years before. All Rosa has to do is what she told Conny - look in the mirror. And now this girl is threatening to take Rod away from her as she imagined Aurora did Max. Hence the beginning of hr crazy behavior to try and turn back the clock.

Rosa doesn't have a tumor, she isn't bi-polar what she is is -MENOPAUSAL!
 

One more comment about continuity. Linares barged into the cemetery office demanding to see the records from 1993, yet her gravestone says she died in 1995 (???)

I loved the scenes with Rosa and Max. When Linares told Max about Rosa messing with the grave, I had forgotten that Max didn't know about that yet. He seemed truly shocked. Rosa is really going looney tunes big time.

Luci will now have her own career with her pottery skills. She won't have to rely on anyone anymore. When she takes Rod back, it will be on her own terms. Wonder if that will be before or after the baby is born. hmmmm
 

Actually 1993 makes more sense that 1992 since Luci is 19. We'll just have to blame the prop guy then for chiseling the wrong year on the gravestone. LOL! Clearly the script people remembered correctly.
 

Vivi,

I went back and watch the episode again and it clearly has 1967-1995 so Aurora was 28 years old.

So, if they were all together at university, that makes them all 48-50+ range.

Not that any of this changes the story!

RP
 

Yeah, I think it's a prop problem, because as Paquita reminded us, Claudio even asked for the 1993 documents.
 

Could someone clarify if Max wanted the bank video of Claudio 20 plus years ago. If that is the case, good luck Max. I doubt they had video back then and there also the problem of the film degrading over time.

I know, I should just sit back and enjoy the ride, but some of this stuff really bothers me.

Rosemary Primera
 

Rosemary- The bank video is from the bank in Germany, where the fraudulent transfer of millions from the company was made. Didn't they have bank video back in the 90s? The bank in also one of those big, fancy ones that only the super rich have accounts with. I'm not sure why any bank would keep video for that long though, unless they had originally done it for the case, but the evidence was never used in court. Hmmm…
 

Rosemary P. Just found this answer online: If the system supports compressed digital storage, they may keep them indefinitely (forever) - in the old days of video tape, they would rotate the tapes out every 30 days or so, depending on the budget of the bank. There is no known law restricting the time that private companies can archive records.
 

Vivi,

I knew I could count on you for an answer. So I doubt if there is any video. I doubt if they had digital 20 years ago and they could have transfered film to digital but I doubt if they would do that considering the expense.

Of course, this is all moot, Max knows that Claudio did not commit the crime. Just another ruse on his part.

RP
 

I have been thinking of the video too and maybe what Max and Oscar are looking for is the recent one of Claudio visiting the bank to look at the forged paperwork that was at that bank. I wonder if Max and Claudio want to see which paperwork Claudio was looking at, so if they have any copies in the Torreslanda's office they can shred it and say he planted it, just a theory.
 

Madelaine,

Interesting theory. I can see a bank recording the comings and goings of customers but would they also record private activity in the bank. I am thinking about when I go to my safety deposit box, I know they record my coming and going but they better not record what I do once I am inside a private, secure area when I have my box.

Poor Max is giving the guys busy work, I do believe. The only way they could find anything was if they hired someone that looked like Claudio to do the dirty work.

Rosemary Primera
 

Marta, so grateful for your most excellent recap. Sometimes I need to rewind and watch again, never with your recaps.

ITA with Vivi (she always gets to post first....) that it was Pato's interest in Luci and getting well enough to go visit her and contact her by phone that's making him feel a little guilty. Maybe there's some room for reflection on his stance and realize that Mom and Julie bamboozled him.

Anon at 1:12. Good guesses (I guess), but it's more likely that Rosa and Max were in on the embezzlement. They certainly wanted to be successful, financially and socially, and found a way to do it. I don't think Max wants *all* the bank tapes, just the ones Claudio was asking for--ostensibly to "be forewarned of the information CL was arming himself with. Max still believes that there will be nothing to inculpate him.

More later--I had to get your *all caps* comment off my mind.

Anita
 

I did the math on Aurora's grave sometime ago and arrived at the conclusion that if the grave was 1995, then this is 2014. Linares very clearly asked for the 1993 records, putting the dates correctly in 2012. I think Claudio got it right and the folks in the prop dept. got it wrong.
Anita
 

Didn't you all just love it when Rosa very calmly went to bed and covered up her head?

She was *done,* leaving Max and Conny sort of not knowing what to do next--they still wanted to carry on (can't remember if Mati was still there).
Anita
 

Decie Girl: Menopausal, so funny!
 

about what they are looking for in the videos... if they are talking about the videos of 20 yrs ago, remember Claudio said he was not in Germany (or wherever this transaction supposedly happened), he was with Aurora on vacation elsewhere... so the videos, if they are about the moment of the transaction, would show it was not Claudio who did the transaction, and thus, it was not him who signed the paper either. That, along with his documentation of where he was with Aurora, would be pretty good proof that he did not do the fraud, at least not personally.
 

Decie Girl..
Menopausal... having just turned 49 i better warn my kids of whats coming if i will be anything like Rosa la Loca here. how old are they supposed to be here anyway? in their early 50s? i am guessing Rod the older one is around 30 give or take a couple yrs.
 

Marta- In the flashback Paz had where she and Galdino were working in the Torreslanda garden, little Rod looked to be about 8 and little Pato looked to be about 5. So that would make Rod late 20s and Pato mid-20s.
 

Marta---excellent job.

JudyB---Yes, I too am afraid for Claudio. Not because of the open door, but I fear Max might send a hit squad to track Claudio down in the future. From this point on, he is very much in danger.

RP---I have been thinking that all along--the Gagme pregnant thing.
the gringo
 

DID Rosa steal from the business to pay Paz? They were rich enough even back then. Why would she have to steal? I thought it was just Max somehow involved in the whole fraud thing. Count on those super efficient Germans to keep 20 year old video tapes. (I still have old Disney tapes so it's possible).

I hope Max doesn't find out about Melissa's crush and try to use it against Claudio. I don't care how good he is to his kids, he's still a jerk.

On a happy, not-this-novela-realated note: LA VENDIMIA! (All those CME watchers will remember this). I got to go down to LA Cetto for the Pan, Queso y Vino festival, one of the wine harvest events taking place this week. Nice to see Valle de Guadalupe in person and would love to get down to Baja more. It's not the hour and a half drive that's a problem to VdG; it's the 2 and half hour border wait. That's a lot of work for the one bottle of wine we're allowed to bring back. Sadly, no La Bonita sighting, but still fun!

Kelly
 

Kelly- I'm so jealous of your vendimia adventure. Hopefully someone from Caray will have a chance to visit La Bonita.

I agree that Rosa didn't need to steal money to give to Paz and Galdino. Plus, I don't think she gave them that much money. CL went to jail for stealing MILLIONS. We have seen Rosa writing her own personal checks for things like paying off Julia and Gala to pay off Lastra and Aquiles. I'm sure as mistress of the house, she has access to their personal accounts and Max probably doesn't monitor those. The house is Rosa's business, not his.
 

The bank tape thing is interesting but the super efficient Germans are probably not going willy nilly release any info over the phone. I was actually surprised that Claudio got them so easily. Oscar and Co can look at the records all they want and they won't find what Claudio did. The signature was forged but close enough so they will be puzzled. The reason Claudio got it was because he knew he was away with Aurora on the date on the document. That isn't something the other will recognize. I kind of like the idea that they will be stumped and their investigation will go nowhere.

I almost always ignore dates in novelas. They get shown all over the world so at some point the dates will be correct. The smart thing for the props people to do is not to have dates obviously shown or even mentioned so that the shelf life of the novela is longer.

I worry about things happening to Claudio but as ruthless as Max is I don't think he is a killer. If there is anyone who might be a killer in the Torreslanda family it would be Rosa who constantly tells people they don't know what she is capable of. Then again Rod is a killer of dreams.
 

Vivi, I totally agree with your analysis of the Luci story and the Gagme story. For the likes of me, I can't really understand why Dead to me would believe Gagme and question Luci. Thanks for your recap Marta and Vivi. I don't know the reason why CL was accused of the fraud. Was it a frame up by Max or was there really someone who stole the money? Was it wholly Rosa or was it Ivan? I heard his name mentioned too.
 

Vida- Max stole the money, it seems solely for the purpose of framing CL and taking over the company.
 

Ivan doesn't know the Torreslandas. He doesn't even know that Max is his boss. Only Lastra, and Aldo, know about Max's connection to Inferno.
 

Secrets and who knows what:
Claudio and Aurora are Luci’s parents: Paz, Magda, Claudio, Luci, Rosa, Max, Connie, Mati, Estelita, Padre, Vio, Frigida, Julie, Gala, Lic. Barrera, Norma

Rosa stole a baby and gave it away: All the people above, plus Oscar (who doesn’t know who the child/parents were)

Rosa desecrated two graves to sustain a lie: Rosa, Max, Claudio, Mati, Connie, Padre, the grave digger and cemetery manager

Max committed fraud and framed Claudio: Claudio, Max, Rosa, Barrera, Norma—Claudio has told Luci, but she said that Max always treated her well, Luci then told Magda and Paz

Max is owner of the Inferno: Max, Lastra, Aldo

Max is having an affair with Vicky: Max, Vicky, Aldo, Rod, Pato

Claudio is fighting to clear his name: Everyone; but Rod and everyone at the company have been convinced by Max that Claudio is guilty. Oscar seems to have an open mind that Claudio may be innocent, but doesn’t suspect that Max is the guilty party.

Luci was the waitress Rod defended at Inferno: Everyone now knows.
 

Vivi,

Thanks for the list.

The trial should start soon. Hopefully, we will get a lot of questions answered at that time.

RP
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder