Sunday, November 18, 2012

Vivi's synopsis of the plot of Corona de Lagrimas (Crown of Tears)

Vivi tells us Corona de Lagrimas (Crown of Tears) will replace Refugio at 7pm starting December 3. We're thinking that with a title like that, and with no particularly beloved stars, Caray Caray may give this one a pass. If anybody is enthused enough about it to want to blog it, let me know.

When Refugio (Victoria Ruffo) and her three sons, Patricio, Edmundo and Ignacio are thrown out of their home, by a twist of fate they come to Mexico City, where they begin a new life.

Eighteen years later, and have settled in a small apartment in popular area. She has a modest job, and has serious vision problems, but no health care to meet the needs of her children. Patricio studied Law and dreams of a comfortable and prosperous future; Edmundo is studying medicine and is a brilliant student but undisciplined; and Ignacio could only finish high school because he works in a mechanic’s shop, helping his mother to pay for household expenses and the studies of his brothers.

Patricio is the boyfriend of Lucero, daughter Julieta, who lodged with the family when they came to town. But soon after, he rejects Lucero when he meets Olga, a girl whose fickle fortune dazzles him, leading him to be ashamed of his family and to lie about his origins, going so far as to deny his mother. Olga begins to doubt Patricio’s lies. Exposed, he lies again saying that Refugio was his nanny, has a mental illness and he takes care of her. Olga admires his charity. Later, Edmundo begins to woo Lucero, inadvertently hurting Ignacio, who secretly loves her.

Olga asks her father, the lawyer Romulo Ancira, to hire Patricio in his law firm. As her father is fed up with the vagaries of his daughter, he agrees and soon they announce their engagement. Following their wedding, Patricio pulls completely away from his mother and his brothers. When Refugio tries to approach Olga to try to regain the love of her son, she receives only humiliation. This creates disagreements between Patricio and his brothers Edmundo and Ignacio. Then Patricio learns that his father is not the same as his brothers’, accuses his mother of cheating, and demands she not approach him.

Consequently, Refugio falls into a severe depression that leads her to losing her job and aggravates her loss of sight. Neither Edmundo nor Ignacio seem able to comfort her, but strive to get ahead-- Edmundo first by looking for easy money through illegal business, and Ignacio, by borrowing and falling into debt. Edmundo is lands in jail, and the situation worsens when Ignacio goes to ask Patricio to legally defend Edmundo and he refuses.

The married life of Patricio and Olga is a mess. She is such a jealous wife that she uses emotional blackmail on Patricio, even attempting suicide. Patricio’s world of luxury and comfort crumbles.

When the man who ruined the lives of Refugio and her children comes back in their lives, by chance, Patricio learns the truth about his origins and the efforts of his mother despite adversity. The pain of his own failures, defeats the arrogance of Patricio. He begs the pardon of Refugio and agrees to defend his brother, after which family harmony is recovered.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
And THANKS, Vivi, for doing the synopsis!
 

Thank you both!

This does not sound like it will be a lot of fun.
 

Thanks for posting Melinama. Like I mentioned, this does not sound fun or entertaining in the least. I wonder if they'll eventually move it to the day or the midnight slot. I just can't see this picking up a big audience.
 

Melinama and Vivi- Thanks so much to the two of you for the post. I don't know about this one either. I have to say I have watched some of this ahead and it is a real debbie downer. There is a lot of crying, hence the title, and lots of fighting. It isn't for me either. I am usually the cheerleader of every TN but I'm afraid not for this one, and I agree with Vivi, I think it will be moved too. I don't see it succeeding as Refugio or CME did in that timeslot, too much of a tearful slog.
 

This is so funny! As soon as I heard there was a TN called "Corona de Lagrimas" and that Victoria Ruffo was starring - well, that's all I needed to know!
 

Thanks Vivi and CHF for the synopisis and posting of this. ITA that this sounds like pain, tears, and more pain. There does not seem to be an upside or hope at all. I'm going to pass on this too.
 

I'm passing on it, too. Glad to have my 7-8 hour back so I don't have to keep making excuses for my absence at my monthly community organization meeting which starts at 7.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

FWIW, this is a remake of a telenovela, same name, from 1965!

Ernesto Laguardia is in it - oh well.
 

Pain and tears! OH SIGN ME UP!!!! LOL.

Nope!

It doesn't sound like it's going to draw in a lot of recappers. Downer downer downer. Just what we want for the holidays.

Instead we could use some more recappers for Amores Verdaderos, which has a lot of humor and Eduardo Yañez (Big Ed) who is hilarious (and hunky!) and Sebastian Rulli, who is also showing a lighter side. So let me officially pimp for more recappers for Amores Verdaderos. :)
 

7PM is too early for me these days, tho' VR is a fav of mine. Thanks to Melinama and ViviDC for doing the synopsis.
 

Thanks Vivi.

So disappointed that this sounds far from riveting.

Sadder still that we may lose one or more of the amazing 7:00 recappers...I know that time is the only one one or two of the recappers can do so that would be a tremdous loss...

Why oh why didn't they put the Colunga show (or anything else) here? Ack.

Diana
 

Wow, thank you so much for this post. I was wondering where this TN came from. I have to agree Porque El Amor Manda should be on next, I love it, it's great to see Colunga in a different role. It also looks like everyone is having fun with him.

I have no idea why they put this in instead. Oh well I guess more time for me to watch my Amorcito Corazon dvr taping instead of waiting for the weekend.

Again, can't tell you how much I appreciate when you do things like this.
 

I think this is being scheduled because it followed Refugio in Mexico.

Saw the first episode and it's a typical Victoria Ruffo/suffering mother story. None of the three sons is particularly attractive and the main male eye candy would be Arturo Carmona (who is a little heavier than he should be) and Alejandro Avila, who was in the prologue and whom we might not see for a while thereafter (and not as the good guy he was in LQNPA) if his commitment to the other novela doesn't cause his character to be recast.
 

I checked this novella online, watched the first two weeks of it with hopes and it didn't meet my expectations. I like Castro's novellas but this is just boring.
By the way does anyone know are they planning to get the La mujer de Vendaval, the newest one, that just started to air in MX a week ago?

 

Thank you for the synopsis Vivi, although it is sort of spoilery. I don't think Olga knows Refugio is Patricio's mother yet in the Mexican episodes and the rest from there on hasn't happened yet, although Edmundo is already being tempted by illegal dealings.

Jarocha
 

How is this tn doing in Mexico Jarocha?
 

Very well, it keeps Refugio's ratings which is impressive.

Jarocha
 

I don't actually watch it, I'm not watching any novela right now (just glimpses when my mom watches AV and Por Que El Amor Manda) so I can't comment on quality. I do know how the storylines go because a co-worker of mine does watch it and he recounts his favorite or most frustrating parts of every episode at work. It's on here at 4pm so he gets to watch the episodes on tape an ff through the parts with Victoria Ruffo, lol.

I think he mostly watches for Olga though, I suspect he has the same attachment to bad girls that Carlos does.

Jarocha
 

I like Arturo Carmona but i am so giving this one a pass. After a good novela i hate to follow it up with sobfest. So looks like no novela watching at night for me until the current crop ends.
 

Maybe it's just me, but from the very first promos for this one I couldn't help thinking of the ultra-depressing Mujeres engañadas. IIRC Uni hasn't had a novela that gloomy in a very, very long time, and Victoria Ruffo/Maribel Guardia or no I'm kind of wondering if putting it into the early slot is going to backfire on them (that said, if it does bomb I'd lay odds on it going to the midnight death slot).
 

I think it belongs in daytime. Isn't that the time slot in Mexico?
 

I had to look it up to be sure, but it is indeed airing in an afternoon slot in Mexico. I didn't think they'd go for anything this supposedly dark during the day...

That said, Uni is randomly strange about scheduling on its own--see also Para volver a amar the first time around--so, ultimately, God only knows what they'll do if this flops. :)
 

It's not that dark, nobody gets killed and the villains are just jerks, not psychos or anything. I think it works here in the afternoons because it is more of an ensamble cast story, those always do well on afternoon slots.

I think Uni needs to fill the spot after Refugio and the only other option was Cachito de Cielo, which didn't do that well in ratings here. Por Que el Amor Manda makes more sense after Eva at 8pm and Que Bonito Amor has just started. Corona de Lágrimas has good ratings in Mexico and if it doesn't work, at least the story is just 100 episodes long. I bet they will put Que Bonito Amor afterwards, then Eva will be over and PQEAM will take its place and then Univision will get the US audiences the triple treat Mexicans are getting with Jorge Salinas, Fernando Colunga and Eduardo Yañez/Sebastián Rulli back to back.

Jarocha
 

Thanks Jarocha. That makes sense.
 

If it truly is 100 episodes, I will give it a try--sobfest and all.

I kind of like VR. No one cries like she does.


 

Just reading thru this and even though I love having a TN at the 7:00 slot, this just doesn't seem to grab me. And I'm like Audrey--plot plus star=pass. Couldn't deal with her in TDA, why try again.

Maybe we will be lucky and there will be one of those Univision musical chairs events soon and some other TN will slot in. My guess is they are holding the Colunga TN for a primetime slot.
 

I love this novela.....I'm a white washed Mexican and i don't watch Novellas at all and this one actually caught my attention
 

Why can't this mother (Ruffo?)get on with her life and stop wasting half an hour of this tn crying?There are far more interesting plot to show other than her miserable tears!!!!I love a good cry such as when in "Les Mis", when Anne Hathaway was crying while singing or when Cosette found her father dying in the end. I really choked and cried but really, Corona takes the crown. I told myself, that's it, I won't watch anymore...but wait!!! I love telenovelas. Writers please make it easy on her. spare those precious tears!!!.
 

oh well alot of cries,heartbreaks and victoria in it doesn't suite,i probably wn't watch this!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder