Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Calling all bloggers (and readers): we are under spam attack

Hello friends,

Owing to a sudden onslaught of spam comments, I've changed the settings on comments so that after seven or ten days comments will NOT be automatically published, but will be submitted for moderation. I believe (but I'm not sure) that each individual blogger will start seeing a lot of comments to be moderated. It's now your responsibility to kill the spam ones and let the others go through. I would do it, but I only get the comments put on my own posts. If you have questions let me know.

And readers, I suggest you get your comments up promptly (unless you are a spam generating robot) because later they may not be appearing in a timely manner!

I don't know why blogger is suddenly letting us down like this. Or whether the spammers suddenly noticed we are getting about 12,000 visits a day (we're up to around 14 million total now!) and figure it's worth it to attack us.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Thank you! I have a pretty firm hold on my husband and don't need to worry about getting him back. Glad I won't be seeing that in my inbox anymore.
 

Thanks Jane, for all you've done. It's a pity this had to happen, but hey, it's the best blog going and perhaps this was inevitable. I've noticed a huge upsurge of spam in other areas as well.

 

Thank you for doing this! Those darn spammers never offer us anything useful anyway. I don't care about getting my "man" back...if some wonderful spellcaster ever figures out a way to get errant shows back on track, I might be willing to contact them for that!
 

Thank you, Jane!!
 

I would gladly pay a spellcaster a tidy sum for some spellcasting on a producer or two.

Hell, here I come.
 

Ah, I noticed that we now have reCAPTCHA instead of the old CAPTCHA for proving that we're not robots. Is this new? (Obviously I've been absent for a while.) Any chance the new system is actually less effective than the old one? :(
 

Well, now how are we going to cast spells to trap the wandering loser men who don't sound worth the trouble?

Thanks for that. The spam was getting annoying.
 

Thanks so much Jane.

12,000 visits a day? That is truly amazing.

I am grateful for many things, and I tell you in all sincerity that Caray,Caray is very high on the list. You have added so much to our lives and the spirit of camaraderie here is incredible.

Diana
 

Thank you Jane!

Can those of us who post weekly assume that we will "moderate" after ten days, rather than after seven?
 

Thank you Jane!!

sorry, I'm a little tech-challenged. I understand this to mean I need to look (monitor) at the comments after 7 days to allow any comment to go thru? Am I right?
 

Thanks, Jane, for the info.

Jarifa
 

Thank you Jane ,these comments are always useless and offer nothing to us. I dont know if they are doing it on purpose ( I am studying programming and i know everything is possible) but if they are shame on them!

I assume we will be getting comments in email and you just have to click to approve right? I think it works exactly like Youtube.

The most upmost thing i hate about Blogger is that you cannot edit your comments like for example annoying grammatical mistakes. You neither can save your comments as draft so if your browser crashes and you were just writing a very long comment ( Mini recaps , character analysis ) good luck getting it back. Well Youtube does not have that option neither so i guess its just a new idea,.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder