Sunday, September 15, 2019

El Dragón- Formerly Known as El Último Dragón


[My computer is not cooperating.  The characters will be coming in depth when I can get them up.       

                                                               Elenco and Short Sinopsis

A new series is premiering 9/30/19 from a partnership between Televisa and Univision and it promises quite alot! El Dragón, was created by Arturo Pérez Reverte, the same mind who conceived La Reina del Sur 6 -7 years ago.  

The new telenovela tells the story of the heir of a powerful family of Mexican drug lords out of  Sinaloa, whose parents were assasinated in Mexico in a settling of accounts amongst criminals.  His grandfather, fearing his grandson and heir is in danger of the same fate, sends him to live in Japan, where he becomes a high-ranking expert in international finance.  Later he will have to return to Mexico in order to fulfill the obligations of his family.


Miguel Garza, is heir of one of the Mexican drug cartel capos of Sinaloa who resides since childhood in Japan, where he's become a highly placed executive.  While there he will discover the way to increase his fortune, hacking into huge companies and will transform himself into a modern day Robin Hood who will show another face of drug cartels--he wants to turn the illicit money flow into legitimate funds--which I, er...believe one normally would see as laundering the cash flow...but...er... honorably.  Okay.....  It will be must see Mexican T.V. in any event.  

Here's a list of the main characters with a few others thrown in for good measure because of their long list of telenovelas which many of you may have seen either on Telemundo or Univisión:


Sebastian Rulli - Miguel Garza (Protagonista)

Renata Notni - Adela (Protagonista)

Irina Baeva - Jimena (Antagonista)

Sofia Castro - Kenia

Cynthia Clitbo - Dora Garza 

Juan Pablo Gil - Jorge Garza

Roberto Mateos - Epigmenio Moncada (Villano)

Manuel Balbi

Cassandra Sachez Navarro

Daniel Elbittar

Jose Casasús

Adrian Makala


Harding Junior




If you're interested in recapping let us know!  We have three already to go and one sub.  



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I'm sorry about the typo, but thanks. I will add cast asap. I have been racing around and not getting all done as folks are generally used to. I get my information from various sources all over the web. I could have put other stuff but I am waiting for a full rundown of cast of characters from Univision which is missing so far from the Uni site. If you would like to help recap we'd love to have you on the team.
 

Finally I have Uni's stuff coming through on my link. YAY!


 

Thanks for the info, Jardinera. I will probably give this one a look.
 

You can sign me on pending my ability to watch on my cable company's site. This means it will not be my usual literary effort, but this story sounds like our "hero" is a Mexican version of Michael Corleone.
 

Thank you, Jardinera. This show looks interesting, and I am a fan of Sebastian.
 

This looks very interesting indeed Jardinera. One odd thing, to me, is that the brunette actress with the bee-stung lips played Sebastian's adopted daughter in Gancho al Corazón. Now she's a love interest. Oh my...
 

Judyb...yeah, funny how that goes. Guys dating girls and who are solo much younger than they are. Meh
 

Glad to hear back from all of you!

Urban A.: It will be good to have you along for the ride again!

JudyB. and Anon.: Yeah, the first thing I noticed was that she was 24- a full 20 years younger than her the actor playing her galán. However, he's always looked 10 yrs. younger. He lost almost too much weight to look healthy in some of the publicity photos I've seen of him--all to play this character--knowing how he looked all these years vs. now: his head looks too big for his new body..... Well, perhaps he'll get back to normalcy now that the tn is done and ready to watch. JMO.
 

Jardinera654, thank you so much for starting this up; and how wonderful that a recap team is forming!

I've been waiting for this TN since I first heard about it at the beginning of this year; it really does sound like it will be a good one and the fact that such a spectacular patio is forming adds to the fun. I'm SO excited!

I've only seen Renata Notni is "Mi Adorable Maldicion" (as protag) which co-starred Pablo Lyle. She's a beautiful young lady and I recognized her immediately. Irina Baeva...meehh..I'll keep those comments to myself ;-)

JudyB, you'll have quite a bit of eye candy. Did you recognize Harding Junior (Agent Rizzo on "La Reina Soy Yo")? I hope he isn't a bad guy.


 

Jardinera, thank you so much.

This looks wonderful but it is just on too late for me.

I am sure you will all enjoy it.

Judy, "One odd thing, to me, is that the brunette actress with the bee-stung lips played Sebastian's adopted daughter in Gancho al Corazón. Now she's a love interest". Thank you - so well said I need to add nothing more than to just sigh. Deeply.

Rgv Chick, I did recognize Harding Junior's name. He is in a new Gain commercial. Also, he was one of the guys in the Fruit of the loom commercial (playing a grape I believe) from a few years back. I always thought that was so cool.

I wish I could see this but...

Diana
 

Thanks, Jardinera. I'm looking forward to this one.

Nice to see everyone here. Well said about the young love interest. Anyone watch the old spy series "The Avengers"? When I first heard about "El Dragón," I pictured a character like Emma Peel as the protagonista. Oh well, the young protagonista and antagonista have their work cut out for them. Now I'm counting on Cynthia Klitbo to bring it on.
 

Niecie, yes, I remember Dame Diana Rigg (I actually watched the Avengers back in the day). :)

I can't get the young girl from Gancho out of my head. She and Sebastian don't quite seem to be the couple this might warrant. But, time will tell.

Diana
 

Wow...so nice to see so many folks are going to be watching this one. Diana, join in just for the conversation even if you can't watch ! I would miss your wonderful comments.

And it looks like there will be a lot of familiar faces in this one,including Cynthia who is so she great and Rizzo from Reina! Yay!
 

Niecie...only loved "The Avengers." It was fun watching Diana Rigg in "Game of Thrones " and remembering her in her black turtleneck and leggings back in the early.
 

Jardinera654 tbanks for the imfo on this tn. I recognize some of these names.
Especially ranata. Very pretty girl. I
Remember that fruit of the loom ad, now I'm gonna go back a pull that up to see this junior person, he was the grapes? I love grapes. I hope he's not a crook.
Looks like the gangs all here. I will
Give this a try. It sounds like a fun
Patio too. Heck I'd watch it just for that.

 

Nina..I would want to be here for this show just to read your comments ! They always give me a 😃smile.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder