Thursday, September 12, 2019

Primetime on Univisión (#2): Amor Eterno, JElCorazonNSE, Sin MiedoALV- Week of Sept. 9, 2019


Greetings, Caraymates!

Welcome to page 2 of Primetime TNs/Series. As of now, Jarifa is providing fabulous recaps of “Juntos” while AnonFri and Clara are providing some very appreciated recaps/details about “Amor Eterno.”  If some other brave soul(s) would like to contribute some highlights or a mini-recap for AE or SMALV, I’m sure it would be appreciated. You can also add to or clarify scenes/details, especially those that are favs or not-so-favs. TNs/series covered by this page are:
  • 7-8PM   - Amor Eterno: Ep. 45-46  
  • 10-11PM Sin Miedo a la Verdad (Pre-empted on Thursday due to the Presidential Debate)
As with other discussion pages for more than one TN, PLEASE identify the TN you are commenting on to avoid confusion and so readers can easily find the conversations they are looking for. (You can shorten the title to one word, i.e., “Amor”)


Starting Monday, Sept. 16th at 9PM- 



LA USURPADORA  -  PRODUCER: CARMEN ARMENDÁRIZ

“La Usurpadora” is a 25-episode remake of the 1998 telenovela of the same name. It stars Sandra Echavarria who plays a two-role part—that of twins, Paola and Paulina, who were separated at birth. Paola is the First Lady of Mexico, wife of Carlos Bernal (Andres Palacios with the dreamy, heart-melting eyes) ; and they have a daughter, Lisette (Macarena Oz). Paulina Doria was raised in Bogota, Colombia and runs a shelter for abandoned children which is in jeopardy of being closed. In her attempt to save the shelter, Paulina and friends upload videos on the Internet to show the world the injustices that are committed in Colombia. Offered a sizeable donation from some people in Mexico, Paulina decides to accept a donation, but must travel to Mexico. Once there she learns that there is another woman with looks exactly like her. Paola (her sister), who feels that she is living a hell beside her husband, Carlos, the President of Mexico, plots to kidnap Paulina, force her to take her place as the first lady, and kill her during the “Grito de Dolores” (translated: Cry of Pain, which is the battle cry of Mexico’s independence from Spain, first uttered on September 16, 1810 by Miguel Hidalgo y Costillo as he rang the bell of his church). Paola’s plan to simulate her death and run off with her lover, Gonzalo (Juan Martín Jauregui) is thwarted when Paulina survives the attack. As time passes, the sisters become enemies, especially when Carlos falls in love with “La Usurpadora.”

Here are some of the other key actors/characters:

·         Arap Bethke as Facundo Nava, a dismissed detective, who investigates Paulina's attack
·         Daniela Schmidt as Gema Vidal, the president’s secretary and lover
·         Aurora Gil as Teresa, Manuel's wife.
·         Juan Carlos Barreto as Manuel Hernández, Paola's accomplice.
·         Queta Lavat as Piedad Mejía, Carlos's mother.
·         Ana Bertha Espín as Arcadia Rivas de Miranda, Paola's mother.
·         Germán Bracco as Emilio Bernal, Carlos's son.
·         Verónica Terán as Juana, an important employee at the president's house.
·         Montserrat Marañón as Monserrat "Monse", Paulina's ally who learns the whole truth about the twins.
·         Josh Gutiérrez as Molina, in charge of the security cameras at the president's house.
·         Emilio Guerrero as Pascual, a colonel of Mexico.
·         Victoria Hernández as Olga Doria, Paola and Paulina's biological mother.
·         Ricardo Leguizamo as Wilson, Paulina's boyfriend.


Reference: Wikipedia

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
LU

Thank you so much for doing this Rgv Chick!

This looks great and I will be watching. I've not seen the lead galan before (melt) and saw the leading lady in one TN only. Few of the other names look familiar.

This seems to have intrigue as its middle name. But it also promises love (with a twist) which will be most welcome.

I'll be watching.

Diana
 

Thanks, Rgv Chick. This has all of the possibilities of being over the top dramatic fun. I see Germán Bracco is in this one. He just played “Guido” a creepy killer in MMTMF. I wonder if he will play another “troubled” character.
 

LU

Jarifa, thank you! Germán Bracco was one of the few names that rang a bell. Thanks for ID'ing who he is. It will be fun to see what he does here.

Diana
 

LU (nice n short, thanks, Diana!)

I’ve seen Andres in two daytime TNs: “El Vuelo de la Victoria” and “Temías Que Ser Tu.” He was the main galán in the the second one. But in both TNs, I couldn’t help but “melt” with those eyes :-)
 

Hi , everybody. Thank you, Chickie.I

Count me in . The lead actress looks familiar to me , but I can't remember what show I saw her in.

I am ready for a new ride.
 

LU

Looking forward to the new patio in such good company. BTW I just noticed I misspelled ""Tenías" above...hehe...too early and I was rushing to go out and feed the animalitos.

I remember Guido in MMTMF...and his bowtie and suspenders..and his twisted, psycho ways :-)

Have a wonderful Friday, the 13th! BWAHHAHAHAA
 

LU
I'm looking forward to the Patio--and the show.

Susanlynn--The only time I saw the lead actress, Sandra Echevarria, was in Fuerza del Destino. She's done a few things since. I did watch The Bridge, which started out as a really interesting US-Mexico crime detective story, then got grossly violent. I have no recollection of her role, though.
 

LU

Hi everyone!

Yes Rgv Chick, Guido was pure evil in MMTMF! Shiver...

Susanlynn, I saw Sandra in La fuerza del destino - I'm thinking you might have as well? It had Zepeda, Soto, Laisha Wilkins (Carlos' favorite!), Ferdinando Valencia and Marcelo Cordoba. That said, even with Marcelo, I barely remember this at all. In my defense, this aired in 2011 and I think it was during a time I was trying to watch multiple TNs (ahh, those were the days!).

I hope this isn't going to be sliced and diced as Juntos was. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Diana
Diana
 

LU

Anita, our comments crossed.

As I noted above, I remember little except I saw this. I am going to reserve judgement on Sandra and see what she does here.

So happy a few of us will be watching.

Diana
 

Sandra Echeverria was Jade from El Clon on telemundo.
 

I think that I did watch El Clon (were there Arabic words like Habibi????in that
One???) and La Fuerza, that must have been where I saw Sandra. However, I really don't remember those shows.
 

this novela sounds good. I hope someone(s) will volunteer to provide recaps of each episode. My Spanish is about 75% so I would appreciate someone who can help.
Lester
 

Ms Chick Iam looking forward to this
One. It looks like it might be fun and
Full of slowly falling in love. Those
Eyes Got me. WOW!! I remember the Galan from a tn from last summer 2018 it was Victoria something. He was a numnut in That one, I hope he's not in this one.
I'm going to enjoy this one. It's just
Long enough not to put me to sleep wondering when the truth is gonna come
Out. Love it.
JudyB come on out to the patio girl.
This is gonna be a good one. It'll be
Fun Reading your comments. Somebody PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE RECAP,I speak no Spanish whatsoever. At. All.

Thanks Rgv Chick
 

Ok! I'm tryin to change the heart by my name to a color one. I don't know if this will work but,but we shall see.
 

AMOR ETERNO

Patio Eterno, Friday's key scenes seemed pretty obvious by the visuals, but I'll try to flesh out some of the dialogue. Scenes combined.

Awkward. Nihan went to Leyla's to get away, and Kemal shows up. Leyla proposes a game they call "very American," "truth or punishment." [truth or dare?] Leads to love talk and a night on Leyla's couch watching each other sleep before Nihan says she has to get back to her prison. Tells Kemal to destroy the videos and avoid Emir.

The protests have moved to the countryside where protestors are trying to block some heavy machinery. They are country folk, angry that the company's project [a steam plant?] has diverted water away from their land. Kemal arrives on the scene and immediately wins their trust by his sincerity, gorgeous eyes, and promise to resolve the situation. I'm in charge and my heart and soul are with you. Kemal takes them to some government office to file formal charges against Emir and his pa. Something to do with the environmental impact statement.

On his way to the protest, Kemal called Hakki, Asu's uncle and bigwig in the business, telling Hakki the protests are "a set up." We see that Hakki is receiving chemotherapy. Hakka tells the nurse he hopes Kemal will marry Asu.

When Emir gets wind of how Kemal is handling the protest situation, he calls Zeynep for revenge. Takes her to an alien spaceship suite where the bed is strewn with TN rose petals. Nep: I love you blindly, but this is going too fast, and you're married. Emir: Don't you trust me? I'm gonna make you very happy! Kisses.

We are spared watching the deed. Next Nep is in a fluffy white bathrobe, drying her hair. Emir gets her to say she is happy and has no regrets. Then Emir goes in for the kill: Your brother went too far. I pulled the trigger on my plan. Knife in the heart. Tell your brother you gave yourself to me voluntarily. Tell Nihan you're in love with me.

"Do you really believe Emir Kozcoglou would fall in love with a Stupid Nep like you? You're pathetic." Nep is destroyed. She manages: you'll pay for this. Emir: Just try.

Emir throws her out in her bathrobe. She's collapsed in a puddle in some small room outside the suite, and employees are trying to get her to leave the property. They try to lure her out by sliding some money under the door. Nep refuses it, but leaves. In a pitiful state.

Emir lounging in the suite, mutters to self: "I'm winning this fight."

As for Kemal, he's gone to the rough nabe where he burns the USB drives as Nihan wanted. Kemal sees his safe-breaker buddy Zehir and asks some hypothetical Qs about murder investigation. Kemal gets the idea to search for the body of the woman Ozan supposedly killed. Somehow he knows where to dig, and somehow Nihan wanders by. What are you doing? Maybe your brother is not a killer. And it is all a trick.

The tomb is empty! Hmmm, Emir is being blackmailed by his accomplice. Let' s find the woman. [anyone but Ozan, would be hard to convince they's had killed someone!]

Clara








 

Clara, thank you very much for the recap. I would be lost without it. I am mostly staying with this because of Kemal's beautuful eyes.
 

Amor Eterno

Thanks Clara,you hit the heavey Good points.

Why didn't anybody else figure out that silly ozan didnt kill anyone. And
I kinda figured either the girl who
Supposedly was murdered or that really
Skinny girl who convinced her to fake
Die is the one blackmailing emir.

What did those little Ol ladies think
They were gonna do by sitting on the blade of the bulldozer? Those people
Would have just plowed them over if the gorgeous eyes of kemal hadn't come
Over and sweetly rescued them.

Revenge is a bitch, who happens to be a sycopath<<it's Saturday if that's not spelled right it's ok, I didn't have to go to work today. So he goes &
Seduces this silly young woman who was
Warned He was no good and married. But
Did she listen? noooooo. Cuz she was in Luuurve. He Stole her virginity and three it in her face. He should sleep with one eye open. People like her can
Go all lifetime on him. I would love to See her go all lifetime on him. If you all don't know what I mean when I say go all Lifetime on somebody, if you've ever watched the Lifetime movie network it's got all these crazy-ass women,that do all kind of really crazy strange weird stuff to get revenge on the men and the women that done them wrong.And they're sometimes treated the way emir treated zeynep. But he deserves whatever she does to him.
And to make matters worst he treats her like a whore and sends money up by
The staff, which she politely returns
To them.

I didn't like her attitude when nihan was telling her about emir, she acted
Like she knew so much. She paid for that in one of the worse ways possible
He took something away from her a very ugly way she'll Never get back. Poor girl.

Kemal digs up the fake grave and there is no fake body. So he bamboozeled nihan into a marriage. Are they in holy hell matrimony or just engaged?
Dont matter kemal might kill him once
He finds out what he did to his silly
Sister, then nihan will be a widow.
Happy endings all around.

Thanks Clara, this was fun.

 

Amor Eterno

You're right SusyQ the man has gorgeous eyes. He is just a pretty man

Emir mutters to himself "I'm winning this fight". He has no idea what's comin. Me either but its gonna be good cuz He looses In The end.
 

...He threw it back in her face^
 

AMOR ETERNO

Nina, I'm not watching this but I love your "holy hell matrimony" quip. We miss you over on Mañana.
 

Nina..girl...you are the best!! I always get a kick out of your sassy take on a show. SusyQ
 

TRIVIA

Got to see some of “Una familia con suerte” (quite entertaining, too bad it has 265 episodes) this weekend and discovered some interesting things. Rebeca (Pancho’s 2nd wife and the mother of the twins) corrects Pancho’s vocabulary just like Lupita corrected Julio in MMTMF. The original Burra was decked out with just as much advertising as the latest version. The plain white one was the anomaly. Pancho started wearing the red sneakers when he took over Avon.


YAY, “La usurpadora” starts tonight!
 

TRIVIA

Jarifa, now that is interesting! Now we know where Lupita picked that up from.
 

La Usurpadora

Thanks, Rgv Chick. I'll be watching tonight.



 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder