Thursday, August 13, 2020

More Coming in 2020-2021!!

Good Day, Caraymates!!


There’s news of some TNs on the horizon! Two of the TNs are soon to air in Mexico, so it is my hopes that Univision will follow soon after because they do look promising. Here are some (short) details…


La Mexicana y el Güero – PRODUCED BY NICANDRO DÍAZ GONZÁLEZ
Premieres on Las Estrellas on Aug. 17th at 10:30PM

“La Mexicana y el Güero” is an upcoming telenovela which will premiere on Las Estrellas (Mexico) on August 17, 2020. It is a comedy which stars Itati Cantoral as Andrea, a beautiful swindler who captivates Tyler Somers (Juan Soler) who happens to be a millionaire. Tyler returns to Mexico in search of his biological family after his adoptive mother dies. Joining them in the cast (among others) are Jacqueline Andere, Luis Roberto Guzmán, Laura Vignetti, Julio Camejo, Sabine Moussier, and child actress, Lara Campos (who captured our hearts in “La Doble Vida de Estella Carrillo”).



Imperio de Mentiras – PRODUCED BY GISELLE GONZÁLEZ
Premieres on Las Estrellas on Sept. 14th

“Imperio de Mentiras” is another upcoming telenovela which is an adaptation of the Turkish TN, “Kara Para Așk” (Dirty Money & Love). It will premiere on September 14, 2020 on Las Estrellas (Mexico) and hopefully Univision will follow soon. It is a story of suspense and melodrama which stars the infamous Angelique Boyer as Elisa Cantú alongside Andres Palacios whom we saw in La Usurpadora. The story revolves around a humble and honest policeman (Palacios) and beautiful rich girl (Boyer) who fall madly in love, but of course, there are forces that try to keep them apart. Joining them in the cast are Leticia Calderón, Alejandro Camacho, Susana Gonzalez, Patricia Reyes Spindola, Scarlett Gruber, Michelle GonzálezLuz RamosAlicia JazizVerónica Langer and Juan Martín Jauregui, among others.


Vencer el Desamor – PRODUCED BY ROSY OCAMPO


“Vencer el Desamor” is the second of the “Vencer” franchise. The story revolves around four women: Bárbara (Daniela Romo), Ariadna (Claudia Alvarez), Dafne (Julia Urbini), and Gemma (Valentina Buzzuno). They are not related and are of different social status, but are forced to live together: Facing a variety of problems such as aging, raising a child with special needs, an unplanned pregnancy, and work-related issues, the women learn that they can overcome all with the support of friends. Joining them in the cast are: David Zepeda, Juan Pablo Cobarrubias, Emmanuel Palomares, Altair Jarabo, and Jose Elias Moreno…among others!


Falsa Identidad 2 – PRODUCED BY TELEMUNDO GLOBAL STUDIOS AND ARGO COMM. 


Filming for “Falsa Identidad 2” has resumed!! Returning in their roles are Luis Ernesto Franco, Camila Sodi, Samadhi Zendejas, “Big Ed” Yañez, Sonya Smith, and Azela Robinson; new to the cast will be Dulce María, The story resumes two years after Diego, Isabel, and her children escape to the USA after being pursued by her father-in-law, Mateo (Yañez). Diego and Isabel are now living in Nebraska under the federal protection program and have new identities. To complicate matters (and make for a longer story) a situation arises that forces them back to Mexico where they will again confront their enemies and fight for justice.


Todo Por Mi Hija – PRODUCED BY FATIH AKSOY
Premieres on Telemundo on Sept. 1st


“Todo Por Mi Hija” is a Turkish novela about an 8-year-old girl named Ökyu (Beren Gökyıldız) who has a hereditary degenerative disease, but is very perceptive and empathetic. The story starts with Ökyu living with her aunt who abandons her; so Ökyu is forced to look for her father, Demir (Behiç Buğra) who is a con artist who ends up being arrested on the day that Ökyu finds him. Demir is quickly released on the condition that he care for his daughter. Though he agrees, Demir really doesn’t want to live with Ökyu; so he and his partner-in-crime, Ugur, try to get rid of her. Their attention is on their next big job which is to target Candan (Leyla Lydia Tuğultlu) who leads a very quiet life as a result of her painful past. As time passes, Ökyu and her father fight to stay together despite the dangers of his criminal life. Fate brings all of these people together, but none have a clue that Ökyu holds a secret that she cannot tell anyone.

This it for now, Patio Peeps! Just wanted to get you talking this week-end J I’ll be adding more to this page later because there are some other TNs that I’m still learning about…such as—
  • Si Nos Dejan slated for primetime. It is a remake of the Colombian TN, “Señora Isabel” and will be produced by Carlos Barsadano. (Univision)
  • Te Acuerdas De Mí starring Gabriel Soto and produced by Carmen Armendáriz. (Univision)
  • ¿Qué Pasa Con Mi Familia? a Juan Osorio production (Univision)
  • Quererlo Todo which pairs up Danilo Carrera y Michelle Renaud once more; produced by Ignacio Sada. (Univision)
  • Las Mil y Una Noches, a Turkish series which tells the love story of Sehrazat and Onur. (UniMás)
  •  
If anyone has details about the bulleted TNs, feel free to tell us about them in the comments and I’ll add it on to the post J

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
RgvChick, thanks for the info. The fall might end up better than I thought.
 

Chickie..thanks so much for the information on upcoming shows. I see several familiar names. I hope that we get some good stories to keep us distracted for reality. Hope that you and your animalitos are safe and well.
 

Thanks Rgv Chick. Sounds hopeful. We sure don't want to watch the news all the time. No guaranteed happy endings there. You're a doll for doing all this research for us. Again, thanks.
 

Thanks, RGV!

I read the other day that Imperio de Mentiras will start on Univision before the end of August, before its Mexican premiere. Apparently, AB teased it on her twitter account, but I could be wrong.

I'm looking forward to the Juan Soler one, I like him a lot. I saw a trailer, I do hope the comedy will be good, because the story won't stand on its own if not.

Adriana Noel
 

WOW, RGV--Thanks for the research. I had Imperio de Mentiras on my radar screen, so it'll be a must for me. We found Andres Palacios rather wooden in La Usurpadora, while crazy/sane twins did a terrific job with Sandra Echeverría in the dual role. The rest of the cast is solid with some excellent actors and some I do not recognize. I have a note that says they began filming in March, just as the virus erupted. I wonder if this one will be a victim of "no kissing" scenes for the actors, or whether they were all quarantined for 14 days before they got started. I mean, it's a big group if you include the behind the scenes crew.

La Mexicana y el Güero--if it has Juan Soler in it, I will watch. Sounds like fun.

Vencer el Desamor--Did we REALLY need another tn with David Zepeda so soon? It's like Jose Ron, who seems to be in every other tn in primetime. Still, the story is intriguing and I'm a fan of Jose Elias Moreno, Jr. It looks like Soggy Pao has lost his man bun and looks more like a successful businessman. Here's hoping.

I'll watch Danilo in anything as long as he flashes that gorgeous smile at us.

Thanks again, RGV Chick.
 

excited for the one with Angelique Boyer!
 

Thanks, everyone!

Jarifa, I am very hopeful for the fall too! The spring brought us some good stuff but nothing that I could say really peeked my interest. The fall looks much more promising.

Susanlynn, suspense and drama are my favorites; so I'm really looking forward to "Imperio de Mentiras." I try out anything with Juan Soler, so I'll give "La Mexicana y El Güero" a try...like Adriana Noel, I'm hoping that the comedy is good.

JudyB, we sure could use some news about happy endings, couldn't we? It sure is nice to escape to a world where happy endings abound...most of the time; I'm still miffed with the ending of "Cuna de Lobos" and "El Dragon" :-(

Adriana NOel, Last night, they showed the first promo for "Imperio de Mentiras" during "Premios Juventud;" they announced that it would be coming in September, but didn't give an exact date. The promo was quite captivating; I will certainly be watching.

Anita, this will be the 4rd TN I watch with Andres Palacios. His "wooden" ways were evident in the first 3; so I hope he is more relaxed in this one. And, I will try out anything with Mr. BIG SMILE, but if there is too much violence (as in "Vencer el Miedo,' I probably won't stick around for very long.

Anon 1:36, I'm not a big fan of Angelique Boyer, but this next TN sure has captured my interest, so I'm really looking forward to it.

 

Rgv Chick, thanks for the coming attractions. I had been wondering if Mexico was still starting new productions amidst the pandemic.

I'll be on the lookout for Império de Mentiras and Falsa Identidad 2. Boyer is a favorite and in interviews I've seen with Palacios he can be not wooden. Fingers crossed Império will be good.

Falsa Identidad had good villains (Sergio Goyri and Uriel del Toro) who, if IIRC, got killed off, so it'll be interesting to see who takes over. Yanez was a villain too, glad he'll be back (and I suppose he'll be nastier than ever!).
 

Niecie...oh gee, I like Big Ed as a galan not a villain .
 

Thanks for the info, RGV Chick.

I’m in for the Telemundo shows. I’ve been waiting for Falsa Identidad 2. Glad to see others will give it a try.

I watched Kara Para Aşk a few years ago in Turkish w/English subs. It’s one of my all-time favorites in any language. The storyline held my interest, but what made it great was the charisma of the lead actors and the intense chemistry they had with each other. If Imperio can duplicate this chemistry, it should be a winner. I probably will not watch but I might tune to the Univision premier out of curiosity. If anyone is interested, KPA (Black Money Love) is currently available on Netflix.

dondi356

 

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know anything about this one, Mariana de la Noche, starting Aug 24, 2020 at 9am/8c on UniMas? I saw it posted on Twitter for Estrenos y Finales. It has Jorge Salinas and Cesar Evora. I don't see it on my channel listing yet. I hope they show it in my area. Thanks Jean
 

Bluejean--

It's been a long time since you've made any comments. Where have you been? Nice to "see" you again.

MdN is one of Jorge Salinas' early ones, so he's quite young here. I only saw the chopped up DVD version (I collected anything I could on JS) so this will be a treat. It's an old fashioned story of revenge for killings, warring families, cray-cray folks, innocent heroine, guy with a mysterious past (and present). It does go off the rails sort of in the middle, but hang on. There is a HEA.

The tn was made in 2003, so it was BEFORE Caray Caray! I think I'll record it and maybe we can discuss it over on Daytime.

RGV: TAKE NOTE!!!!!!
 

Bluejean, thanks for the info. I may give this one a look.
 

OMG, I watched the original “Mariana de la Noche” with Lupita Ferrer and Jose Bardina; and I’m a fan of anything written by Delia Fiallo. The premiere on Aug. 24th is confirmed. I’ll give this one a try too, but will have to record it and watch at a later time during the day.

Thanks for the heads up, BlueJean!
 

Rgv Chick --- Millones de gracias for your preview list of upcoming telenovelas. You rock!

La Mexicana y el Güero looks interesting to me, and I've now learned a new vocab word --- güero! (it's all about the Spanish, right Judy?) Plus, comedy. Now more than ever I need comedy. If it's on at night, I'll have to record and watch the following day.

I don't know if I'll have time to try any of the others. Stanley Cup Playoffs are on until October (even though our local team didn't make it in), and WGN has Thursday night binge-watching (we record & binge-watch later) They're re-running HIMYM - in order from episode #1 - hubs and I were hopelessly addicted during its original run (there's no accounting for anyone's taste in comedy-LOL) so one telenovela will be all I can carry. Fingers crossed!

Bluejean -- I remember when MDLN ran on Univision in primetime many years ago, but did not watch it. It had a good following when telenovelaworld.com was our place to hang out and discuss. I read the posts from time to time and, like Anita said, and it did go off the rails around the middle (I think that generated a lot of snark IIRC). I wonder if it will be a 2-hour daily broadcast, as they often those are, in the mornings. That's too much for me to keep up with.
It might replace LQNPA,
 

"DULCE AMBICION"

RGV Chick: This Brazilian TV Drama will likely replace "COMO TU NO HAY DOS".
 

Don't get your hopes up on possible happy ending in some of the new TV Dramas.
 

Thanks everyone! I hope it's not a 2 hour show that would be hard to watch everyday with everything else. It's not on my TV listing yet so I see. :)
 

Thank you, Rgv Chick. Wonderful preview.

I would watch "La mexicana y el güero" - seems like a light comedy. "Todo Por Mi Hija" - in the promos they said "for the whole family," so I think it will also be light, sounds like "Papá a toda madre."

Other shows starting Monday, August 17:
"La ley dal corazón" on Telemundo, 1pm ET - production of RCN of Colombia, 2016, the original, on which the remake of "Por amar sin ley" was based.
"La taxista" on Galavisión, 3pm ET - production of Imagen TV of Mexico, 2018. Classical telenovela, relatively light.

August 31:
"Dulce ambición" on Univisión, 10pm ET - production of Globo of Brazil. The way it is common with the Brazilian telenovelas, a lot of intrigue, a lot of side stories.
 

Thank you, Lucio and thanks for the additional info on what's coming to Telemundo and Galavisión for daytime. I hadn't been a fan of Turkish TNs until I watched "Amor Eterno;" "Todo Por Mi Hija" does sound like it's going to be good, so I'm in for that one.

Steve, yes, "Dulce Ambición" will replace "CTNHD."
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder