Thursday, September 13, 2007

FEAS (and other Novela favorites) - Where are they now....?

Hey folks, I'm back from my jaunt south of the border into telenovela mecca (and just to make sure one doesn't forget it, there are reminders everywhere). I saw other recappers sharing their similar travels so thought I'd share mine too as I figured you might get a kick out of some of these "spottings." Of course I couldn't help but think of CARAY CARAY!!


WHERE ARE THEY NOW?


Celso is larger than life on a Nextel billboard (I kept saying he is hot...even more so with a 20 foot head!):






Aldo is still insisting he's not a part of this life...[Alma shared this already, but it's so great, and in this instance LARGE (note the tree size in the background for perspective), I have to share it again along with my reaction during the finale...que the hell????!]









I looked, but alas, did not find any of his femenine products yet...




Luigi appears as his alter stripper ego Sergio Mayer in a character on Vecinos, a comedy which stars our beloved leading Juan lady Mayrin Villanueva and airs right before Juan:







Mama Julieta appears in a promo commemorating 50 years of the telenovela...:






Carloca will be shaking her stuff, er, singing at the Feria Nacional in Zacatecas







Ha*ash performed likewise at the Feria Nacional, but I had to miss it due to wedding events but I did get to see Pedro Fernandez and that über loca chic Gloria Trevi....






Triple whammy....La Vale is looking more stunning than ever as a trip of hers to promote McD and the Latin grammys and a "change of look" is featured on La Oreja talk show with a sudden appearance of none other than La Giraffa Sara...you also may remember the male host appearing as himself giving away the non-fruitioning dinner with Fernando Colunga to the cuartel....

Sorry, this video was taking hours to download...I'll keep trying ...








MUNDO fans, she may have died bloodily, but she can still hock footwear with the best of them, our own Jossie is top row, 4th from left...:






And sexy Cristobal is relighting the airwaves in a replay of an oldy with Heridas star Miranda:










Destilando is as popular as can be while hanging out eating cabeza and tripa at a neighborhood taqueria:








And never fear, for all you Destilando fans, if you can get to Zacatecas by Fri night, you can see your own beloved Gaviota singing mariachi and traditional music at the Palenque. Que pena que ya estoy de regreso.:







And finally just for fun, Destilando fans might recognize the beautiful blue agave fields of Jalisco, and the Catedral Metropolitana on a rainy Sat.night...:





Some things I unfortunately missed photographing were Paula selling fragrances, Juan's moving box (really Huevos San Juan), Jossie in some other ads, and a few program appearances including the Pasión previews.
Notably absent from any sightings was our beloved Don Fernando. Didn't see him or his likeness anywhere, once. The whole time. Que pena.

Oh, and Pasión with our hunk Colunga starts in Mexico on Monday!!!!!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Wow, K, thanks for the recap of your trip! This is really something I gotta do before long. Great photos, too!

Jeanne
 

Wow! I'm really getting the itch to make a trip.
 

Grat pictures, Maybe Don Fernando (Jaime Camil) is working outside the country? Hopefully here in the USA (one can dream, right?) Anyway thank you for sharing your trip.
 

And preferably in your neighborhood, right, Maricruz?

Jeanne
 

I saw Angelica Vale singing on Don Francisco last night. I didn't know she was going to be on and just caught her singing during the last couple mins of the show. None other than the song she sung during the golden circle of goodbye at the end of the LFMB show.

Her hair is dark again and she had it pulled back.
 

BTW, love the Celso billboard. Thanks for the update K.

And WTF with the Aldo angel, I'm still shaking my head.
 

K - what fun! Thanks for sharing.
When I go to Mexico City (have I told you all this before?) I'm staking out the Starbucks in the Condesa area where Jaime, our dear Don Fernando, hangs out.
Jaime is now UNICEF ambassador for Mexico, so one might see him on t.v. spots for UNICEF, or magazine ads.
I would love to watch Destilando in a taqueria in Mexico!
 

Hey K. Looks like a great trip. I agree with Julie's comment. I'm getting the itch to travel again.

LFMB fans...did I see a pre-sale DVD of our beloved show on Amazon.com today? If anyone else sees this, let me know. I personally think that I'm going through caffeine withdrawl (I made the mistake of promising my pregnant friend that I wouldn't have caffeine if she can't have any..que the hell was I thinkin'???) and am currently hallucinating. God I hope not!! I would love to finally get my hands on this series so I can see it from the beginning.

- Michelle in Minnesota
 

Thanks so much K! The pictures were beautiful!
What was with Aldo and the angel wings? It must have had something to do with the ad on the billboard?

Carrie L.
 

The billboard with Aldo says "You can be an angel too." It's an ad for the national lottery. I'm assuming it is a play on the LFMB finale.

:)
 

I just looked on Amazon.com at the pre-order for LFMB. The offical release is Nov 27. You can buy it with "I love Miami". It's 3 disc, 700 mins which means the edited down the whole series into about 12 hours. So, in other words one hour per month. Maybe they took out all the cuartel crap and that's all we were left with!
 

Thankyou for sharing this. It was so interesting!! I have never been to Mexico, but hope to go one day. I am thinking about going there for Weight Loss surgery. OMgosh if I saw Jaime in person, I would probably wet my pants. ;)
Gordita
 

k***Thanks for sharing your trip to Mexico with us. Great photos.
 

Very, very COOL! Thanks for all your diligence and hard work. I hope you had a lot of fun.
 

Thank you k for sharing your wonderful travelogue and photos with us.

J.R. :)
 

These pictures are great K. Thanks so much for sharing them with us!!
 

What fun pictures, nice travel essay with a great theme. I was fortunate to see the early episodes of Alborada two years ago and the beginning week of Destilando Amour this past January in Cuernavaca with the same Mexican Mama and family whom I stayed with while in Spanish school at Universidad Internacional for 2 weeks each time. I hope to stay a whole month in january 2008. The telenovelas gave Mama Maria and I soooo much to talk about each evening. Holy cats I love being jubilada (beautiful Spanish word for retired)!!
 

Thanks for the great photos. I saw Angelica Vale on Don Franciso, she was great. I wonder what the rest of the cuartel are doing now. Even though they got on our nerves at times, they were great.
 

K, you were great to share your trip and pics with us, thank you!!! Love the picture of Celso, he's so adorable! Love Juan Soler but hated the whole angel thing, but the billboard was pretty funny. I'm glad you had a good trip and hope you'll always want to share with your blog mates. Thanks!!
Kim P.
 

Great pics, K! It is nice to go somewhere foreign and find unexpected reminders of home, isn't it?
 

Alma--"t is nice to go somewhere foreign and find unexpected reminders of home, isn't it?" Yep, except if the reminders are McDonald's and Burger King in places like the boonies of Germany and New Zealand. ¡Qué horror!

Jeanne
 

In New Zealand, that would be in the boohai.

Jeanne
 

What is even scarier Jeanne is that when I'm traveling throughout the USA, I look for those familiar fast food places because that's what I feel safe with! I don't like surprises when I'm on the road!

Carrie L.
 

Carrie--

:-) Yep, that definitely happens! I like Subway, and if ever I see one in Germany, I'm much more likely to go there instead of "Nordsee" (greasy deep fried fish like Long John Silver's, German Style). But, if Nordsee was the other option compared to McD's or Burger King, it'd be Nordsee--I've done it to avoid those two American chains.

Jeanne
 

I love Nordsee!!!
 

To each his/her own, Anon. 1:17 p.m. My niece and nephew who have lived for years outside of Frankfurt do, too. They are teens--that's how I got sucked into Nordsee.

Jeanne
 

These pictures are great
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder