Monday, December 28, 2015

¿Qué nos cuenta, Caray, Caray!? (December 28, 2015)

Hola Carayites!

In this week's edition:




This week on Caray, Caray!...

There are some potential scheduling changes again this week for New Year's Eve/Day.

La Vecina (afternoons on Univision) will air at the regularly scheduled times all week.  (Yay!)

Qué culpa tiene Fatmagül? (daytime on Telemundo) will not air on Thursday or Friday.

Muchacha Italiana Viene A Casarse (7pm on Univision) will not air on Thursday.

Antes Muerta Que Lichita (8pm Univision)  will not air on Thursday.

Celia (8pm Telemundo) will not air on Thursday or Friday.

Pasión y Poder (9pm Univision) will not air on Thursday.  It looks like this show will go to 2-hour episodes between the end of Yo No Creo en Los Hombres and the beginning of El Hotel de los Secretos.

Bajo el Mismo Cielo (9pm Telemundo) will not air on Thursday.  This show is in Ultimas Semanas, being replaced by Eva La Trailera.

Yo No Creo En Los Hombres (10pm Univision) will not air on Thursday.  It is showing in the listings for Friday, but last week's Friday episode was a re-run of Wednesday's, so keep an eye out and check in on the latest Yo No Creo post for further details.

The El Hotel de los Secretos (UPCOMING 10pm Univision) team is still looking for volunteers to help recap this highly-recommended drama.  Check out the synopsis for more information.  There will be a break between the end of Yo No Creo En Los Hombres and the premiere of Hotel on January 25, and it looks like they'll be filling in the hour with an extra hour of Pasión y Poder.

Señora Acero 2 (10pm Telemundo)  will not air on Thursday.  This show is in Ultimas, being replaced by La Querida del Centauro on January 12.

Chime in with any additions, corrections, questions, etc!

Here's the news we have about proximas...

This listing is compiled from reader-provided information and updates are always welcome.  Links in this section are live and point back to the most recent news (beyond the bare-bones you see here).

Coming soon in the US:

La Querida del Centauro - Producer: Mauricio Cruz (La Reina del Sur), Javier Solar (Camelia la Texana) - Stars: Ludwika Paleta, Michel Brown, Humberto Zurita, Alexandra de la Mora - Gran Estreno on Telemundo January 12, 2016, replacing Señora Acero 2 - Plot: "It's about some badass female that is sent to a maximum security prison for males. There she and a drug lord start a relationship." (Sara) NBC/Telemundo article and trailer

Ruta 35 - Producer: ? - Stars: Zeus Mendoza, Osvaldo Benavides, Danna Garcia - Gran Estreno on Unimas January 12, 2016 - Plot: An American DEA agent tells the stories of his network of informants.

El Hotel de los Secretos - Producer: Roberto Gomez-Fernandez (El Color de la Pasion) - Stars: Erick Elias, Irene Azuela, Daniela Romo, Diana Bracho, Domenika Paleta, Jorge Poza, Claudia Ramirez, Juan Ferrara, Jesus Ochoa, Queta Lavat - Gran Estreno on Univision January 25, 2016, following Yo No Creo En Los Hombres - Plot: A young man searches for his missing sister at the Gran Hotel. Promo video.

Eva La Trailera - Producer: Martha Godoy (La PatronaEl Señor de los Cielos) and Joshua Mintz - Stars: Edith Gonzalez, Arap Bethke, Jorge Luis Pila, Erika de la Rosa, Henry Zakka, Sofia Lama, Roberto Mateos, Paloma Marquez - January 26, 2016 following Bajo el Mismo Cielo - Plot: Original story by Valentina Parraga.  Edith Gonzalez stars as Eva, a 2nd generation truck driver who moves up the ranks to run a trucking empire, while still retaining her humility. (NBC/Telemundo article)


Started and/or Finished in Mexico, waiting to hear about US dates:

Quien es Quien - Producers: Joshua Mintz (Marido en AlquilerLa Reina del Sur), Carla Cecilia Urbaneja - Stars: Danna Paola, Eugenio Siller, Laura Flores, Kimberly Dos Ramos, Daniela Wong, Guillermo Quintanilla, Oka(iry) Giner, Jonathan Islas - Telemundo airdates unknown, possibly following Celia, has been airing on Gala TV in Mexico - Plot: "Two men from vastly disparate lives yet who happen to be identical stumble upon one another and, through a twist of fate, change lives." (Stevey). Wikipedia entry (proceed with caution-spoilers may be present)

Amor De Barrio - Producer: Roberto Hernández - Stars: Mane De La Parra, Renata Notni, plus Ale Garcia, Pedro Moreno, Marisol Del Olmo, Jessica Coch, Lisardo - Ended in Mexico, US airdate unknown - Plot: based on the Mexican telenovelas "Muchacha De Barrio" (1979) and "Paloma" (1975)

A Que No Me Dejas - Producer: Carlos Moreno (Amor BravioQuiero Amarte) - Stars: Leticia Calderon, Arturo Peniche, Alfredo Adame, Camila Sodi, Osvaldo Benavides, Erika Buenfil, Cesar Evora - Univision airdates unknown - Remake of Amor en Silencio

Simplemente Maria - Producer: Ignacio Sada (Un Refugio Para El AmorPor Siempre Mi Amor) - Stars: Claudia Alvarez, Jose Ron, Fernando Valencia - Univision airdates unknown - Remake of Simplemente Maria


Coming soon in Mexico:

Un Camino Hacia el Destino - Producer: Nathalie Lartilleux (La GataCorazon Indomable) - Stars: Paulina Goto (Mi Corazon es Tuyo), Horacio Pancheri, Harry Geithner, Ana Patricia Rojo, Manuel Landeta, Rene Strickler, Eugenia Caduro, Lisette Morelos, Rocio Banquells - Mexico premiere 1/25/16, following La Vecina - Plot: remake of La Hija del Jardinero

Corazon Que Miente - Producer: MaPat - Stars: Thelma Madrigal, Pablo Lyle, Diego Olivera, Alejandro Tommasi, Lourdes Reyes, Helena Rojo, Alexis Ayala,  Dulce Maria, Alejandro Avila, Mayrin Villanueva,  Maria Sorte, Eric del Castillo, Mariana von Rankin, Vanessa Restrepo, Jessica Mas, Alejandra Procuna  - Mexico premiere 2/8/16, following A Que No Me Dejas - Plot: remake of Laberintos de Pasion

Sueño del Amor - Producer: Juan Osorio - Stars: Betty Monroe, Cristian de la Fuente, Polo Morin, Renata Notni, Sabine Moussier - Mexico premiere 2/22/16, following Antes Muerta Que Lichita - Plot: ?

Frente al Mismo Rostro (was: Como Tres Gotas de Agua) - Producer: Angelli Nesma - Stars: Angelique Boyer, Sebastian Rulli, David Zepeda, Carlos de la Mota, Pedro Moreno, Blanca Guerra - Mexico premiere April 2016, following Pasión y Poder - Remake of Lazos de Amor


No dates yet:

En La Vida de...Joan Sebastian - Producer: Carla Estrada - Stars: Julian Figueroa, Jose Manuel Figueroa, Livia Brito, Mike Biaggio- Televisa airdates unknown - A mini-series about the life of Joan Sebastian (played by his sons Julian and Jose Manuel) and his relationship with Maribel Guardia (played by Livia Brito).

Hasta Que Te Conocí - Producer: ? - Stars: ? - Telemundo airdates unknown - A mini-series about the life of Juan Gabriel

El Señor de los Cielos 4 - Producer: ? - Stars: Rafael Amaya - Season 3 has finished on Telemundo - Plot: ?

Doña Barbara - Producer: ? - Stars: Aracely Arambula - Telemundo airdates unknown - Remake of Doña Barbara

La Indomable - Producer: ? - Stars: Lucero - Telemundo airdates unknown - Plot: ?

Las Dianas - Producer: Salvador Mejia - Stars: Cesar Evora, Victoria Ruffo, Danna Garcia, Andres Palacios - Airdate unknown - Plot: remake of "Los Dos Dianas"

La Fan - Producer: ? - Stars: Angelica Vale (also the writer on this project!) - Telemundo airdates unknown - Plot: ?


In general blog news...

This weekend, I added index pages for El Hotel de los SecretosUna Maid en ManhattanRelaciones Peligrosas, and Flor Salvaje to the sidebar and updated our existing links for En Nombre de AmorSortilegio, and Mañana es Para Siempre to point to the new index pages for those shows.  So that puts us at 84/110 shows indexed and approximately 4 more weekends to finish the project.

We also have a new search tool available on the sidebar (Gracias, Mr. 5ft!) that will allow you to search by the Spanish title, English title, acronym, or show nickname.  The listings are not yet complete, as it only includes shows that we have the new index pages for.  Also I'm relying on my own memory about when we've used acronyms, what nicknames we have for shows, and the English titles I've seen used on other parts of the Internet.  I encourage you to try it out and let me know if there are some references that are missing.

If there are any technical issues or something doesn't look right, let me know!

What's going on in the Caray, Caray! community?

Your turn!  Got any community news?  Recommendations for shows, movies, music, or books that may appeal to your fellow telenovela fans?  Proximas news?  Let's hear it!  (Remember to keep it spoiler-free and gossip-free.)

Labels: ,


Comments:
Thanks Kat! And thanks for the EHDLS trailer. I'll want it to be Downton Abbey from the looks of the clothing, but that starts soon, too. (Yay!)
 

Gracias, doris! I've had the same thoughts...can't wait for Sunday :D
 

Como Tres Gotas de Agua has changed names, it is now calld "Frente al Mismo Rostro".

Jarocha
 

I meant it changed the title.

Jarocha
 

Kat, you do so much for us on here, I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge it- there's a baffling amount of ever-changing information coming your way yet somehow you manage to keep on top of it all and help it make sense for us! THANK YOU for everything you do on here, Diva. You rock!! :-)
 

I second what Stevey said. Thank you 5Ft.
 

Gracias, Jarocha! I've made that change in the post.

I can't say I'm overly impressed with the new title...not that I was with the old title either. They both smack of someone elbowing me in the ribs and saying "'Cause they're triplets! Get it? Get it?"

Thank you Stevey and cathyx! It's a labor of love :D
 

Thanks for organizing the site and for posting this summary! I've been thinking I wanted to start watching a new show, and rejoin the patio, but I wasn't sure when anything good was starting and didn't want to jump in mid-cruise. I think I'm going to watch El Hotel de los Secretos. I watched the Spanish series and absolutely loved it. Not sure how it will be without Yon González in the lead (so dreamy!), but I'm certainly willing to give my telenovio Erick Elías a shot.
 

Stevey (how's is it going down there, doyle remember the pirahnas from Zorro and La Barbara???, just kidding.
Anyway I echo Stevey's and everyone else's thanks and kudos. I'm loving all of you for giving generously of your time for us telenovela addicts (I claim to be an addict).

Anyone heats that Osorio is hoping to get Adele Noriega for a 2016 production?????
 

Kat- I continue to be amazed by all the work you're doing every week to get and keep this site in order. Mil ocho mil gracias! And thanks to Mr. 5 Ft. too, for the help he's been giving you.

Julia- It will be so awesome to be watching a tn with you again.
 

Gracias, Julia! Nice to see you again :D

Gracias, Victoria! Telenovela addicts unite!

Gracias, Vivi! I will pass that on :D
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thank you Kat! You are unbelievable! And since you have requested that we share news about proximas over here, I am pasting a comment by deb from today's Telemundo page.

"I saw a promo tonight for "¿Quién es quién?", coming soon to Telemundo.
(Eugenio Siller is no longer the Dragon)

filmed in Miami,
this has run through 46 capitulos on Gala TV in Mexico.

wiki page with cast list here,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/¿Quién_es_quién%3F

I'm interested in seeing again, Daniela Wong, the young daughter in "Dueños del Paraíso", Guillermo Quintanilla, the bookstore owner in "En Otra Piel " , Oka(iry) Giner, Susy in "Bajo el mismo cielo", and Jonathan Islas, who is currently in "Celia". "

PS: I looked at the Wikipedia link and it appears to be spoiler-free.
 

Thanks LXV! I'm really looking forward to that one. It's a remake of Amores de mercado which TVN de Chile started rerunning recently. I've been avoiding watching it so I'm not tempted to make comparisons when the Telemundo version starts.
 

Kat/5ft: I'm sorru that I didn't thank you before for continuing with this wonderful master post and all the work you do here in Caray Caray as a moderator. I want you to know that it is greatly appreciated.

About Frente al Mismo Rostro: I also don't care much for the title but I do like it better than the one before which sounded more like a working title than something that they would dare to use on tv. It's gonna be interesting to see how well the novela works given bow badly the 9 pm timeslot has fallen.

Rulli said in an interview that this would be the last telenovela he'll make with Angelique (I think they probably want to avoid any issues that may come of working together so often on tv, as I don't think they have the same opinion about being paired up in theater plays); but, if they do manage to lift the ratings, I'm thinking Televisa will decide differently for them in the future.

Jarocha


 

My apologies for the non sequitur, but I'm just wondering if anyone is planning to watch the new Eva Longoria show- Telenovela.
 

Sara--OT on Telenovela....I don't know if you would like it. It's NOTHING like Jane the Virgin or less even than Desperate Housewives. I watched the first 12 minutes and was sorely disappointed. I thought it was demeaning to the cast of the cast. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but one Hispanic friend of mine didn't like it and neither did one of my Anglo friends who loves Eva Longoria.

Was this helpful? Yes ___ No ___

(I'm definitely going to watch Hotel. Are you?)
 

Thanks Anita. I have not seen Jane the Virgin or Desperate Housewives. My husband mentioned Telenovela to me and said he'd read a good review of it. I thought I would check with the folks who are *really* in the know. ;-)

Your review was very helpful.

(I've already seen the original Hotel, so I'm still on the fence about watching this version.)

 

Diva--If I haven't mentioned it before, I'll either say it or repeat it--you are definitely the Mini-Melinama of CarayCaray, but you are one powerful Mini. How you do it with your busy real-life schedule is mind-boggling--but we are the richer for it. Gracias.
 

Gracias, LXV! I will add the info up top. Thank deb for me :D

Gracias, Jarocha! I gather there are a lot of people who will tune in just to see Sebastian and Angelique together? I agree, if it goes well for them, Televisa won't let them stop working together so easily!

Gracias, Anita! Mini-Melinama is quite a compliment! I hope I can live up to that! Thanks for your thoughts about Telenovela. I may have to wait and see if it survives a season and just binge-watch it. Sometimes that makes not-so-great shows more bearable. (Although, sometimes not!)
 

TELEMUNDO

I'm reposting (verbatim) a speculation from our stalwart forecaster deb. I don't know how she stays on top of all this, but we're grateful she does:

"hmm, "Celia" is of last night, 53/80 which since it won't be shown on New Years day like the other novelas, takes us to feb. 8th, the magic Monday, which will probably be replaced by "¿Quién es quién?", but flying under the radar is another musica/bio "Hasta Que Te Conocí" (the story of Juan Gabriel) produced by Disney for Telemundo, but said to be only 13 capitulos."
 

Thanks LXV! I saw something about the Juan Gabriel one on Mas Que Telenovelas. Even though I couldn't get into Celia, I hope that bio-novelas are a new trend.


 

Gracias, LXV (and deb)! Adding....
 

Hi everybody!

In the interests of clarity, I thought I'd do a quick post of all of the upcoming telenovelas and when they're set to debut. Please keep in mind that most of these dates will strictly for their MEXICAN debut, but hopefully even that information might be helpful in giving us clues as to when and where they're going to be featured States-side as well. Here goes:

The 12th of January at 10 p.m. marks the gran estreno IN THE UNITED STATES of 'La Querida del Centauro' on Telemundo.

The 25th of January, also at 10 p.m. AND ALSO IN THE UNITED STATES, we will have the debut of 'El hotel de los secretos'.

That same day, the 25th of January, replacing 'La Vecina' in the afternoon, Mexico will have the debut of Nathalie Lartilleux's 'El camino hacia el destino'.

Tuesday, January 26th at 9 p.m. Telemundo will debut 'Eva, la trailera'

On the 8th of February, replacing 'A que no me dejas' in the 7:30 time slot in Mexico, will be MaPat's 'Corazones que miente'.

On the 22nd of February, replacing 'Antes muerte que Lichita' in the 8:30 time slot in Mexico, we will have Juan Osorio (schmaltz fans, take note!) and his 'Sueno de amor'. This will mark Televisa's first original (i.e.- not a remake of anything) story of the year.

April marks the Mexico debut of the Angelique Boyer suffused 'Frente el mismo rostro' (previously 'Como tres gotas de agua') in the Horario Estelar, replacing 'Pasion y poder'.

NO release date, as yet, for Salvador Mejia's 'Dos Dianas' (or whatever it's going to be called)

Thanks to the commenters regarding 'Quien es quien'... I can't find much information about the American premiere of that one, so your comments are really helpful to me!

I think that's about it! Hope this information was of some use to you all!

P.S.- Hi Victoria! Nice to hear from you! The piranhas and the black anacondas haven't gotten me yet, but there's still time! ;-) Hope that you and everybody else on here in this wonderful little community had a great holiday.

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!! :-)

 

Same to you Stevey, Happy New Year to you with all the fireworks.

Thanks for keeping Viewerville up to date on the latest upcoming novelas. I can keep tract of Televisa and Telemundo, but TLnovelas and Unimas are almost impossible to keep up with, and, thus, I've missed some good reruns of older novellas I haven't seen yet.

If you hear anything about Carla Estrada coming back, let us know.
I'll email you after the New Year. Roberto is dying to hear about your adventures in the Amazon. Just kidding about the piranhas.
 

Victoria said:

"...but TLnovelas and Unimas are almost impossible to keep up with, and, thus, I've missed some good reruns of older novellas I haven't seen yet."

Do you mean the Univision TLnovelas? I have a hard time keeping up, too!

Here's one link I check often:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univision_tlnovelas#Programming

According to that, DESTILANDO AMOR is coming JANUARY 18th! (Oh I hope that's true!!!)

Also, Unimas has a show premiering Jan 12: Ruta 35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBlSAK1nIOI

Looks really good too me.
 

Comment bomb:

Another link for Ruta 35 (from UVideos):

http://uvideos.com/novelas/ruta-35/no-te-pierdas-ruta-35-la-valvula-de-escape-gran-estreno-martes-12-de-enero-a-las-9pm-8c-por-unimas-articulo
 

Gracias, stevey! I think I've got all the same dates you've got now!

(What's wrong with piranhas? They're cute! Except for that unfortunate flesh-eating thing.)

Gracias, Sara! I'll get the Ruta 35 info up as soon as I'm done recapping Vecina. Mr. 5ft likes the look of that one. I'm kind of on the fence. I can't figure out what it is...a narconovela or more of a drama series?
 

I can't figure it out either. I'm intrigued by the presence of Osvaldo Benavides. Overall the cast looks good. I can't tell if it's once a week series either. Like each episode is a different story? Like Mujeres Asesinas???
 

It did give that impression--like the main character is just the connecting thread, but each story stands alone.
 

¿Quién es quién? The Wikipedia link for this is spoiler-free. It contains a one-sentence plot summary with complete credits, cast list, and capitulo list. Just an FYI in case you want to check it out.
 

Victoria:

I just saw a promo for Pasión on TLnovelas. All it said was "Próximamente." It will air at 11AM/5PM/11PM.

If I ever see a date, I'll try to let you know.

I suspect Wikipedia was wrong about Destilando Amor.
 

Sara

Please let me know if you hear anything more about Pasión. The 5 pm and 11 pm are great slots.

I try to check the schedule once a week but miss sometimes. AT&T U-verse is really great (much better than Time Warner and cheaper too) because I can actually see the show on my tablet not strain to see something on TV with old glasses

I think blog rules don't forbide posting your personal email, in ccase a show (YNCELH) is coming to an end. Sorry if I'm breaking the rule.

Vikkideanegomez@ail
C
 

vikkideanegomez@gmail.com

I'm still waiting for another Carla Estrada telenovela.
 

It's ok to post your email address, but it's best to use [at] instead of the symbol.
 

Victoria - I keep seeing the "Próximamente" promos and I'm now obsessively checking my DVR schedule. I missed Pasión the first time around and I really want to see it. It looks good. And Caray covered it so I'll have recaps available too!

As soon as I have a date I will let you know.
 

Sara, just last week I went to watch Pasion for the 3rd time. But I noticed a good many episodes had been deleted from YouTube. So I started watching Amor Real again. Amor Real, Alborada, and Pasion all topped Viewerville recommendations for best novels (see Caray sidebar).

FYI my sister in law just told me a friend of hers inn Miami says Pasion starts January with time slots of 11 am, 5 pm, and 11 pm. I don't know if that is accurate.

I loved seeing Fernando Colunga with long pirate hair!!!!
 

I refer to that list often. :-)

I found some Alborada play lists in YouTube, but there were lots of missing episodes. I'll have to look for Amor Real. Right now I'm getting pretty stoked about Pasión.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder