Friday, June 01, 2018

New Telenovela: Corazón Que Miente, Starts Monday June 4, 11 AM (EDT)

Attention Diego Olivera fans. He's back. For those of us who have been waiting for him to get another plum role, after his success in Mujeres de Negro, this one is worth a try.

Por desgracia, Corazón que Miente is coming to DAYTIME Univision (otherwise known as the vast Wasteland to where second tier telenovelas are banished when they don't fit into the nighttime schedule). Tune in at 11 am or set your DVR.

Synopsis: Mariela Salvatierra is orphaned at the age of 12, after losing her grandfather, Manuel, a death she believes was caused by Demian Ferrer. Mariel leaves the city with Leonardo del Río. Leonardo believes Demian is also the murderer of Lucía, Demian's wife (and the love of Leonardo's life). Fifteen years later, the two return to avenge the deaths of their loved ones while facing great obstacles. Ferrer is a powerful, unprincipled and perfidious man who not only takes pleasure in others' downfalls, but also does not care about the well being of his own family. Mariela falls in love with Demian's eldest son, Alonso, with whom she was friends as a child. Mariela and Alonso must overcome all the challenges that impede their relationship in order to live their story of love. [Adapted from Wikipedia]

Corazón que Miente  is a remake of Laberintos de Pasión The new version is still based on the story from the creative minds of Caridad Bravo Adams and Maria del Carmen Peña from the original (1999). Check out the cast list for the original—a real powerhouse---including Leticia Calderón, Francisco Gattorno, César Evora, Manuel Ojeda, Azela Robinson, Pedro Armendáriz, Socorro Bonilla and others.
 
Here's the skinny:
Produced and broadcast in Mexico in 2016.
Producer: MaPat Zatarain
Director: José Elias Moreno (hijo) - one of my favorite actors, who only lasted a couple of episodes as Joel in Por Amar Sin Ley.
Length: Appx. 70 episodes
 
This is the new cast:
Thelma Madrigal – Mariela Salvatierra Morán
Pablo Lyle – Alonso Ferrer Castellanos
Diego Olivera – Leonardo del Río Solórzano
Alejandro Tommasi – Demián Ferrer Bilbatúa
Lourdes Reyes – Rafaela del Moral Saenz
Mayrín Villanueva – Lucía Castellanos Saenz
Alexis Ayala – Daniel Ferrer Bilbatúa
Dulce Maria – Renata Ferrer Jauregui
Maria Sorté – Carmen Oceguera
Alejandro Avila – Rogelio Medina Sánchez
Helena Rojo – Sara Sáenz de Castellanos
Eric del Castillo – Manuel Salvatierra Teri
Vanessa Restrepo – Denise Shapiro Berlanga
Jessica Mas – Karla Bustos de Moliner
Alejandra Procuna – Elena Solís Saldivar
Leticia Perdigón - Olivia
 
Note: It will be impossible to do a regular recap, but I will post a headliner twice a week for a short time and see who shows up to comment and/or offer short abstracts of the action.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Anita: I'm so freaking IN & looking forward to watching this TN!
 

Anita, thanks for the alert. I've seen that tiny ad for Corazón Que Miente running in the corner of my TV screen but didn't realize Diego Olivera is in it. I won't be able to keep up with it, but I'll definitely record the premiere.
 

Anita, it sounds like a fun telenovela and I like Diego Olivera, but I am not sure I will have the time to watch it since I am planning to watch La bella las bestias when it starts.

Irene

 

Irene: I see this will be premiering at 10:00 AM CST, I'll try to TiVo it here in San Antonio, TX.

 

Then it's just me and Steve. Steve--please, no body counts, though. It'll be enough mayhem without a running tally, ok?
 

We will have a lot of novelas in daytime:
Tenias que ser tu
La jefa del campeon
Los principes no existen
Sin tu mirada
Hijas de la luna

And yet to be shown:
El vuelo de la victoria
Me declaro culpable
En tierras salvajes
Sin rastro de ti
 

Well, Alex, I hope some of them will make it to nighttime--especially Me Declaro Culpable and En Tierras Salvajes.
 

Anita, PASL will be replaced by La Piloto season 2. LBYLB don't know. ERYL another biblical or Like.

We will have Like, Ringo, MMTF2 on primetime along with W productions like LBYLB, La Piloto and Contracara.
 

Count me in for CORAZON QUE MIENTE -- it has everything I like. AND it's set in Puebla, which I just visited last year for the first time.
 

Reminder: there's a preview tonight (Saturday) of La Bella Y Las Bestias. You'll have to check your local listings for the time. Maybe that will help some people make viewing decisions?

Kat
https://5ftlatina.com/cohete-forums/watch-parties/la-bella-y-las-bestias-2/
 

Irene--We will so miss you. I hope there won't be any law and order scenes like the ones we've had in PASL.

Kat--Thanks for the heads up. Take notice, Irene.

I will probably forgo Bestias for La Piloto, but won't be recapping it either.
 

BL--Wish I felt braver to visit some of the places in Mexico where Televisa has been. I'm resigned to documentaries and telenovelas. With a daughter on the other side of the continent, a son up north and now a grandson moving to the mid-west, it's all I can do to keep up right here at home.

Glad we can share Corazon que Miente.
 

Alexis Ayala, one of my all-time favorite villains is playing a priest in this one ... What?? Can't wait.
 

I just watched this one on Univision Now. I enjoyed it. I studied in Puebla 17 years ago, so it was especially fun for me to recognize the sights.
-Katie
 

Katie--I've often been amazed at how they can get scenes with violence in them, or at least an argument in a public place and nobody (the general public) seems to notice. I guess they didn't get any pay as extras. The obverse is also true. Our protagonista can be walking down the street, void of people, except for parked cars, and out of the blue someone on a moto, car or running up can put them in danger or kidnap them. Said streets would normally be full and traffic moving.

It sounds as though you enjoyed studying in Puebla. Puebla has been featured in other tns, as I recall.
 

Thanks for alerting us about this one. Happy to know that there's a priest in this one. They have been noticeably absent in recent telenovelas and I miss that. And like the actor. He's equally adept at playing good guys and sleazeballs.
 

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your comment. If you dont mind spelling out your abbreviations. I dont know which ones they are, I not great at immedately recognizing shortened titkes.

Thanks Anita for posting this useful info for the upcomings.
 

Trust me, Anita, we are not losing anything by not being exposed to Tierras Salvajes. It has Cesar Evora and Daniela Romo, so naïve little me thought that a telenovela with such iconic actors must be at least somewhat good. I couldn't stomach all those sappy family-oriented telenovelas replete with gazillions of annoying children, so I decided to give Tierras a go. Well, I am not going to go into details so not to spoil it, but Gata is an Emmy-worthy masterpiece compared to the mindless drivel of nonsense that Tierras Salvajes is. You would probably need a change of beanie every 15 minutes to be able to get through the episode, it's that absurd (and it only got worse with each passing episode).
The recaps would have been priceless though, there is so much material for snark.

Irene
 

PASL = Por Amar Sin Ley
LBYLB = La Bella y Las Bestias
ERYL = El Rico y Lazaro
MMTF = Mi Marido Tiene Familia

 

Irene - thnx for the warning on Tierras. One’s first red flags ( at least for me) were Lilliana Abud as writer and Salvador Meh-jía as producer. Guaranteed circo. Run!
😳😳😳 🏃🏼‍♂️🏃🏼‍♂️🏃🏼‍♂️
 

Irene and Doris--
What a let-down. We were promised Horacio Pancheri, Cristian de la Fuente (who, as Stevey said--owes us big time after SdA) and Diego Olivera. With any other producer this would be a dream (swoon) team x three. I may have to watch just long enough to catch sight of all three of my telenovios at once.
 

Anita - it also has Ninel Conde and her ... “girls.” It would be a real snarkfest, for sure.
 

Anita and Doris, don't get me wrong, we did get Horacio Pancheri, Christian de la Fuente and Diego Olivera and they all look hunky and handsome, so no complaint whatsoever as far as the eye candy is concerned (o.k, slight complaint about making Fabian Robles look like an unkempt greasy hobo). But the telenovela itself is probably the worst thing I have ever seen. For the love of God, they made Daniela Romo look like Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmatians!
But if our recappers will be brave enough to recap this thing, I might endure watching it again because the recaps are guaranteed to be to die for.

Irene
 

Irene--is this a COMEDY? Or will it turn into an unintended comedy as FELS did? Inquiring minds need to know.....
 

Anita, it is definitely not supposed to be a comedy, but it's often so absurd and illogical that you will be laughing.


Irene
 

Then I'm in (as an observer only). I love to laugh.
 

Notice--An introduction to Corazon Que Miente is under construction. Will post later. Stay tuned.
 

I watched it today and it looks like “bog standard “ Telerisa production. I can’t see why it was relegated to date time scheduling. 🙄🙄😜😜. Could be good fodder for snark, and then ... maybe too awful for snark.

Irene - LOL over Cruella DeVille remark! That was fairly awful. Since were going to get despuesed, and probably soon, I don’t see much future for her character anyway.
 

Doris--You mistook Helena Rojo in Corazon for Daniela Romo in Tierras. I was a bit surprised, though to see HR in a black wig that I mistook as Cruella anyway. So much for appreciating "senior" actresses.
 

Bog standard fits me to a T. I would never snark at Diego Olivera in either Corazon or Tierras.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder