Saturday, May 27, 2017
La doble vida de Estela Carrillo, # 15, Friday 05/26/15 Dumb and dumber make a fine couple, indeed
Estela is waiting for Ryan at the restaurant, but he's a no show. She calls Furia and Genesis tells her that Ry forgot his phone at work because he left in a hurry - he needed to "save" someone. This worries Estela, she asks Genesis to search for the last call on Ryan's phone and give her the number. (Note to Ryan: password protect your phone, you silly idiot.)
She then calls said number and ends up at a rehabilitation clinic where a receptionist tells her that Mr. Cabrera has been checking in, without giving any further information.
Estela is impactada that Ryan would hide something this important from her and tells Chayo that she needs to further investigate. There is no way that she can tell him her own deep dark secrets as long as HE has deep dark secrets of his own.
So these two lovable fools already have a rocky relationship three days into their dating/ engagement (who would have guessed, with all the lying by omission, by mistake, on purpose, for the grater good etc etc..). When they meet back at the house, Ryan apologizes for standing her up at the restaurant, in the process making up a story about some business deal that he had to solve asap. Estela pretends to believe him, but decides to do some investigating into Ryan Cabrera, Man of Many Secrets and ardent lover.
Read more »
Friday, May 26, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #14 5.25.17: Painful Pasts & Punches
• Bonita tells Leticia that she got married a year ago in a civil wedding but not a religious one. She warns Leticia that she will call the police if she doesn’t leave. Leticia obliges and breaks down outside.
• Laustela wants to talk more about her past but Ryan thinks there is time, especially because he doesn’t want to ruin the moment. Laustela agrees and they go for round two.
• Erasmo finds Leticia outside his house and demands she leave, go back to her children, and stop embarrassing herself. Leticia obliges as Erasmo goes inside.
• Over breakfast the next day, Danilo tells Mercy that he is fixing up the ranch Walter left him and will leave her house soon. Laustela and Ryan come and they both congratulate them on getting back together. Mercy then teases Danilo on is 20%.
• Luisa tells Mr. Blake that she found a girl that may know where Fausto is but she hasn’t been able to make her talk. Mr. Blake wants to meet her ASAP as there are certain ways to make people talk.
Read more »
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #13 5.24.17: Let Your Body Do the Talking...
• Laustela explains that everything is over between because she can’t continue to be Estela Carrillo, not with all the problems it has caused. Ryan proposes they find a solution but Laustela thinks the only solution is to be far away from him and start a new life. She asks Ryan to let her go, if he loves her, because she can’t be Estela but she can’t go back to Laura Oviedo, either. Ryan asks her to please tell him why not but Laustela shakes her head and asks that he not make things harder. Ryan can’t let her go, not knowing that she and her daughter are in danger, but Laustela asks him to leave her be. Ryan nods and hopes she realizes the mistake she’s making. He leaves and Laustela breaks down.
Read more »
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #12 5.23.17: Love Letters & Songs Make Excellent Firewood
Laustela's letter is bolded.
• Ryan goes in for the kiss but Laustela tells him she is going to see Paloma and leaves.
• Calao informs Asdrubal that they rescued Laustela and dropped her off where he instructed but it was with her friend because she never let her go. Asdrubal asks if anyone saw them but Calao confirmed no one did but ICE will likely investigate, especially because they released at least a dozen illegal immigrants. Asdrubal doubts it but either way they let them escape close to the Mexican border so someone is sure to catch them. He tells Calao to turn on the radio or the TV so he can sure and leaves.
• Laustela goes to visit Paloma, who welcomes her with open arms, and hugs her tightly. Paloma wants to know where she was but Laustela tells her it doesn’t matter because she’s back and loves her very much. Paloma loves her and Rosario very much too; they hug again.
Read more »
Monday, May 22, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #11 5.22.17: To ICE(y) Hell and Back...
• Danilo announces to the audience that he is going to perform a new song for a friend, who he hopes knows he is always there to help her. Morgana smiles, thinking it’s her, but Laustela, walking backstage, hears him and smiles, knowing it’s really their song. Danilo begins to sing and sees Laustela at the edge of the stage. He sings to her but Morgana begins to dance seductively in front of him and takes him away. Laustela shakes her head at the whole thing and leaves as Danilo tells Morgana to put a sock in it and get off the stage.
• Later, in the dressing room, Laustela asks Morgana if she is okay but Morgana chides her for the poor condition of the dressing room because there isn’t even a sofa for her to lie down when she has a headache. Laustela explains that it is simple festival, and they don’t have fancier accommodations, but Morgana reminds her that she should, at least for the guests of honor. Laustela will be sure to tell Ryan and Tato and goes to leave but Morgana asks if she’s Ryan’s woman because she would like to give Ryan her message personally and see if she can flirt with him. Laustela smiles and reiterates that she will tell him as Genesis comes and tells Laustela that Don Chayo is ready to go on stage and need her help. Laustela leaves with her but leaves her beg behind. Morgana sees it, checks to see no one is outside, and takes it with her.
Read more »
Saturday, May 20, 2017
La doble vida de Estela Carrillo #10 Friday, 05/19/2017 First kiss, first fight
Here goes, I hope I didn't forget anything.
There is a party at Furia. They are celebrating Estela's arrival , Don Chayo signing a new contract and Danilo becoming part owner of the company. Morgana wants Dani to introduce her as the girlfriend, but he barely acknowledges her presence. He is busy talking to Don Chayo's lawyer, trying to convince him to go into the money laundering business. The lawyer is appalled at first, but Dani seems to be getting to him.
Mercy and Joe leave the party early; she's had enough of her step-son for now. There is some news in the papers: the prosecutor who worked on Ryan's case and his assistant died in an "accident".
Estela asks Ryan to leave the party room, too, because she needs to
Ryan can't help it, he needs to discover the mystery that is Estela and all her mysterious life and mysterious past and ... he gets the crazy eyes, if she weren't into him so much, it would look borderline obsessive. Estela says that she needs her space, but what Estela actually wants is to kiss him. And that she does, with no resistance coming from him. Bright screen behind them, it looks like the perfect first kiss...that is, until Ryan says that he never thought anyone would make him feel the same as Realstela did. Dude! Way to ruin a good thing. Good luck getting back into Fauxstela's graces now.
Read more »
Friday, May 19, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #9 5.18.17: Two Lawsuits and a Surprise Party Later...
- Danilo asks Ruben to think of a way to benefit from his shooting but poor Ruben's still trying to recover.
- Ryan comes and reveals that he went to Michoacan to find out more information about her past and everyone told him that her and Fausto took Herminia's and left her in the lurch. Laustela explains that Fausto lied and didn't tell her the money was stolen from her aunt; she found out later that it was Herminia's. She laments the fact that her aunt died thinking she was a thief but tells Ryan that she, Paloma and Rosario are gone after they pay her the festival money. Ryan hopes she keeps her word this time.
- Mercy then finds Ryan and insists she register Paloma as his daughter, pronto, and he reveals that she is actually not his. Sometime later, she tells Joe the truth about Paloma, worried, as Danilo can now impregnate any old bimbo and win the 20% of them.
- Later, Laustela finds the box Ryan brought back with her things and cries, remembering her love for aunt.
- Mercy and Danilo have another confrontation and Danilo shuts Mercy up by telling her that she is looking mighty good lately, much to her surprise.
- The next day, Genesis tells Laustela about the latest media scandal: Ruben reported Don Chayo for shooting him because he was jealous that his band was going to perform at the festival. Laustela is shocked as she thought Ruben had cleared up the incident and declared it was an accident.
Weekend Discussion, 5/19/17: Toxic Mothers, Round III
Thursday, May 18, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #8 5.17.17: Danilo is the Man with Several Plans…
• Mercy wonders how Laustela will convince Don Chayo to sing at the festival since she’s a stranger but Laustela reminds her that she is the best person to explain that Ryan, and Furia, has been cleared of all charges. Joe also has his doubts and Mercy orders them to keep looking instead of wasting time trying to convince Chayo. Just then, Danilo limps in surprised that they have a meeting without letting him know. Mercy explains that Ryan is in New York so she is taking care of any pressing business but Danilo reminds her that she is no longer alone and that he can help. Mercy tells him that the meeting is over but she will get him up to speed. Everyone exits the board room expect Mercy and Danilo.
Read more »
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo #7, 5-16-17, Breaking News: Dead Men DoTell Tales
Lo de Ayer
Laustela tries to convince Mr. Everwood of the real reason for the mass shooting at the Foundation. He refuses to believe that it’s all about the gangs trying to re-establish lost territory by frightening the citizens of Riverside into looking to the gangs for protection. That and then recruiting new gang members, even from the Foundation. Estela is there to warn him. He still doesn’t believe her and points out that the home invasion at Estela’s proves the action was taken against her specifically and not by throwing blame for the danger to the neighborhood on others. She knows that El Caravelas, a gang member is involved. Everwood is still not convinced as he’s the nephew of Bettina, who is very helpful to the foundation. He thinks Estela is the one responsible and trying to blame others.
Meanwhile, at the La Furia offices, after the reading of the will, Ryan is trying to calm a very agitated Mercy saying he will never abandon her or leave her unprotected. That’s not what she’s worried about. She’s worried about Ryan and what will happen to La Furia in the hands of that buffoon—as she points to Danilo. Ryan is calm. He says what’s written is written and he plans to follow his father’s wishes.
Read more »
Monday, May 15, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #6 5.15.17: Everyone's Lying & Some are Almost Dying...
Read more »
Saturday, May 13, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo, #5, Friday 5/12/17 Ryan saves Estela, Estela saves Ryan. But who will save Danilo… from his own stupidity?
Ryan takes Estella, Chayo and Palomita to his mansion. Mercy almost has a heart attack in seeing them, but Ryan says he brought his "family" home, so she better deal with it, or else...
In order to keep up the pretense of a reunion, Estella and Ryan need to share the same room, so Paloma has to sleep with Chayo in a separate part of the house.
Also, Estella just happens to get a glimpse of Ryan's "goods" - the girl likes what she sees and he doesn't mind the admiration. Dudes, I understand that you have to play pretend, do you wanna make things easier by just going for it?
Mercy goes to a bar and who is there to join her? Young, married Joe, the company lawyer and Mercy's boy toy apparently.
Danilo sees them making out in the car later in the evening - he's sure to take advantage of this bit of information later on. He also realizes that working for El Dorado comes with serious, dangerous strings attached. Will this be enough for him to say no?
On the other hand, Morgana is more than willing to accept the deal.
Mercy and Pedro Carillo apparently share a common history. She has his picture hidden in her room - wonder what this is about...
Friday, May 12, 2017
La Doble Vida De Estela Carrillo #4, 5-11-2017 Discussion
I fell asleep before the episode came on, I'll watch it now and have a recap later, in the mean time discuss!
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #3 5.10.17: Out of the Frying Pan and into a Fiery Pit...
• At the narco party, Danilo and his band continue to play. All the narcos drink and dance around as Danilo tries to catch the attention of the woman in the chaise. Morgana is none too happy about this but continues to sing, When Danilo gets closer to the chaise with drinks, one of the El Dorado men grabs him and points a gun at his privates. He reveals that the woman is El Dorado’s main squeeze and Danilo should be careful.
Read more »
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #2 5.9.17: Telling the Truth is Overrated...
• Danilo gives Rita, the servant girl, a stack of clothes to wash and iron but Mercy comes and informs him that Rita only comes twice a week because a servant girl in the US is a luxury most can’t afford. Rita leaves.
• Laustela proposes that she testify in favor of Ryan and he forgets about her for the rest of his life. Ryan reminds her that the real Estela was his woman so she would have to pretend that she loves him and is deeply committed to him. Laustela wonders why Estela there to help so Ryan reveals that Estela is dead and that is why he needed to see her. She tries to leave but Ryan has a counteroffer.
• Danilo pushes the servant issue with Mercy, who reveals that despite having Walter’s name and a US citizenship, the only child Walter recognized was Ryan and he shouldn’t expect much from the will. Danilo thinks Walter could’ve left him something like part ownership of Furia productions but Mercy tells him you need an education to direct a company. Danilo reminds her that he’s never been accused of murderer even if he doesn’t have an education.
Read more »
Tuesday, May 09, 2017
La Doble Vida de Estela Carrillo (LDVDEC) #1 5.8.17: The American Dream is harder than it looks....
The real name of Estela Carrillo is Laura Oviedo. Laura bought the identity (SS number, DOB info) of Estela Carrillo a few years back when she wanted to stop working under the table as an illegal, and get a real, decent paying job. She eventually got the music teacher job at the foundation that works with Latino youth in her Riverside community.
Read more »
Monday, April 10, 2017
La Doble Vida De Estela Carrillo index
© Caray, Caray! 2006-2017. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.